171 Reviews for The Wedding Dress Shoppe

Jewelry (2)
Garters (1)
Shoes (1)
169 The Wedding Dress Shoppe Reviews

My name is Kara and I recently went to The Wedding Dress Shoppe for my wedding dress. I had to unexpectedly change my wedding date sooner than anticipated. I only had 3 1/2 months to buy a dress and fall in love with it. I went into my first dress fitting nervous especially since I couldn't special order since the date was so soon. The new owner, Stephanie, was who restored my faith that day! Instead of making me even more worried about my date change, she reassured me that we would find something off the rack. She was absolutely wonderful to work with and I can not thank this shop enough for making my big day even more special! You will not be disappointed when you shop here!

Profile Picture Kara, 9/2/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Come ready to be treated like the bride you are. This was my second bridal shop to look for a gown and it was a wonderful experience, especially working in customer service.

Profile Picture Christina, 5/18/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I purchased my wedding dress and veil from The Wedding Dress Shoppe, and it was a fabulous experience. Their store is lovely, and they work to provide the best experience by offering one on one attention to the bride and her wedding party during appointments. The ladies were very helpful in pulling different styles of gowns and pairing them with the appropriate accessories (veils, jewelry) as well as helping you stick to your price point. Its easy to get overwhelmed by the amount of dresses they have. My appointment lasted just about 2 hours, and the ladies were willing to let me try on as many gowns as I liked. It was nice to have as much time as needed without feeling rushed. I also went to a family members appointment here and they were just as wonderful! I wouldn't have traded my dress shopping experience at The Wedding Dress Shoppe for anything! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I purchased a Mother of the Bride dress from The Wedding Dress Shop for my daughters upcoming wedding. From the first time I walked in the door to the repeated visits for alterations and so forth I was always treated with nothing but excellent customer service. They always went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied and happy with my experience with them. My daughter purchased her wedding dress from another shop in town and the experience was so horrible that when her dress came in we took it to "The Wedding Dress" shop for alterations. They treated her as if she purchased it from them. They went out of their way to make her experience perfect (consider the other salon experience was dreadful)! Their seamstress is totally off the chart and the alterations were beyond what I could have ever asked for. Every person I dealt with at The Wedding Dress shop was polite, experienced and truly perfect at what they do. I would highly recommend this salon for your wedding experience!

Profile Picture Lois, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I bought my wedding dress here months ago and i couldn't be happier. Gina was my consultant and she was so sweet. I'm a very high strung person so shopping for the perfect dress was stressful but Gina reassured my that trying on 30 dresses was okay! At the end of my appointment, she put me back in the first dress that I tried on and I bawled. She knew that was my dress before I even knew. 5 stars.

Profile Picture Kat, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Veils

My experience here was nothing short of amazing! From my first visit where I found "the one", through the fittings, to the day I picked up my dress, I felt like I was the only on there! Every time I tried my dress on, everyone made me feel so special and beautiful! Thanks to the entire staff that made my day special and stress free!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Veils, Bride

I found my wedding dress the very first day I looked. The Wedding Dress Shoppe participated in a sample sale with several other shops in Wilimington. It was a breeze to browse the inventory, the dressing area was spacious and the girls helping were great! I even dropped by the store to buy a dress bag and they gave it to me for free. My veil was also a Wedding Dress Shoppe veil I found at the cutest consignment shop Every Little Detail. I would highly recommend both!

Profile Picture User7711576, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Veils, Bride

My daughter had the BEST experience at The Wedding Dress Shoppe! They were very accommodating! Both the shop and their large selection are so beautiful! We ordered the bridesmaids dresses from their sister shop next door. All staff at both shops were very polite, professional, and responsive. :-)

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/6/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids

The wedding dress shop were amazing every step of the way! I came in having a vague idea of what I wanted and they were able to help me find my perfect dress - all while making sure I was happy with my choice and not swayed too much by the opinions of my family! I had my dress altered with the wedding dress shoppe, and for every fitting the staff were so sweet and professional. I didn't want to bustle my train, but instead have it on my wrist, and the seamstress worked very hard for it to be in the perfect place so that the train fell beautifully.

Profile Picture Lexy, 4/8/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

Barbara is absolutely amazing! From the moment my friend (the beautiful bride) and I walked in, she gave us her undivided attention and really listened to my friend and what she was looking for. She is fun, sweet, kind and made this such a wonderful experience for us! Their selection of dresses can't compare to anyone else's in Wilmington, and believe me, we went to every store. My friend found the dress of her dreams without feeling pressured or frustrated, which is exactly how this experience should be for every bride! This is definitely the place to go!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 9/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Gina was incredibly helpful to say the least. I am using the Wedding Shoppe to clean my mother's wedding dress and she went above and beyond to take her time with us and make sure we had all the pieces we needed. I would recommend the shop, and Gina, highly!

Profile Picture Mary Catherine, 7/16/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

Loved my wedding dress and veil from the Wedding Dress Shoppe!!! Gina was the best in helping me pick out my dress with my best friend and mom! I just got back the photos from my June wedding and love my dress in every angle! So elegant and Allyson helped alter it to fit me perfectly! Everyone there is friendly! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Marissa, 6/24/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Veils

Great experience shopping for my wedding dress! They listened to what I liked and I purchased the first dress I tried on!

Profile Picture User5558413, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Hair Accessories, Veils

I had been shopping for wedding dresses FOR EVER and was starting to get discouraged big time. Barbara helped me find my dress; she was sweet, attentive and proactive in helping me find my vision for my dress. She got the manager to help and got me a discount! She saw I was getting hungry and brought me a protein bar. I would definitely reccomend this place to anyone, especially if you need help deciding what you want. Thanks!

Profile Picture User5235669, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I absolutely loved The Wedding Dress Shoppe! I have to rave about Lauren who works there! She was so friends, helpful, and down to earth!!! The 4th dress that I tried on was the one I chose and I absolutely loved it. My wedding is really close by in 4 months and they helped get me set and ready to go. I loved loved Lauren she is the sweetest!

Profile Picture User4807013, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Veils, Bride

This place was amazing! I stopped in with my mom and they were able to fit me in for an appointment last minute. The staff was extremely kind and never pushed me to buy anything. This was my first and last stop for buying my gown.

Profile Picture User5451324, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I loved working with everyone at the Wedding Dress Shoppe, and I found the gown of my dreams! It needed a LOT of alterations, and they did an amazing job with them and accommodating me. It could have been a nightmare situation had it not been for their dedication, hard work, and determination to make my vision come true.

Profile Picture User5135470, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Veils

The Wedding Dress Shoppe was the first place I looked for dresses. My bridesmaid set up the appointment for me not knowing anything about the store. We were greeted warmly and asked about the details of the wedding and my style. As I walked through the shop with the stylist, she took into consideration everything I had said I liked or didn't like. She made me feel comfortable while I was trying on the dresses also. Even stylists that I wasn't working with came over and brought suggestions they thought I would like. My bridesmaids were very impressed when talking to all the stylists about how well they know their inventory and designers. I found two dresses that I loved and they helped me make that very hard decision! I can't say enough about the atmosphere in their also. Every bride with her entourage helped, encouraged and gave their opinions to one another. It was a wonderful experience!

Profile Picture Olivia, 12/12/15, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Shoes, Veils

I absolutely LOVE the ladies at The Wedding Dress Shoppe!!! I had an absolute blast from day one of picking out my perfect dress, to ordering my bridesmaids' gowns, to picking out my rehearsal dress, to coming in for multiple fittings, and finally packing my dress into the car days before my wedding. These ladies made me feel like I was their only bride! I have even told them on multiple occasions, "I wish I could get married again just to come hang out with y'all again!"

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Ashley, 11/21/15, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Veils, Bride, Bridesmaids

I can't put into words how amazing this place is! The staff members were a dream to work with. I purchased another dress back in January from a vendor in Raleigh and after months passing and alterations that ruined my Vera Wang gown, I was essentially left empty handed just 2 months before my wedding. I walked in the Wedding Dress Shoppe and told them my story and they were so compassionate and quick to come to my rescue. They assured me they would do what it takes to get a beautiful dress and they were right! They made me feel so comfortable and at ease and they ended up finding me a dress I loved 10x more than I did my original from Raleigh. These people actually care and they work hard to make your dreams come true! Gina and Roberta and their seamstress, Lana, are three of the nicest people I've ever met. My advice, check them out before heading anywhere else! You won't be sorry!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Chelsea, 11/14/15, 4 Reviews

Amazing experience!
I found the perfect lace pattern on a dress on the last chance rack and I couldn’t pull myself away from it! The dress was HUGE, and needed a lot of love, but the folks at The Wedding Dress Shoppe were able to help me make my vision a reality! We sliced and we diced and it was PERFECT! They were able to take it in many sizes, and create a sweet heart neckline that looked as though it was made for my body. I would highly recommend this place and these professionals to any bride!

Profile Picture Justein, 11/14/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids

I am so blessed to have found my wedding dress on the first time trying on dresses! I was so worried about finding the right dress because of how picky I know I can be. Lizzy was an absolute blessing! She was very patient, professional, and helped accommodate all my needs. By the end of the appointment, all my stresses had washed away. The shop was beautiful, clean and had a wide selection to choose from. Lizzy helped narrow down the selection to exactly what I've always dreamed of in a dress while staying within my budget. Thank you Lizzy for your help and thank you The Wedding Dress Shoppe!

Profile Picture User4552868, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

EXCELLENT shop! Hands down the BEST bridal shop in Wilmington! Went to several shops to try and find my sister's wedding dress and the wonderful ladies at The Wedding Dress Shoppe went above and beyond to make the experience a memorable and delightful one. The shop is immaculately clean, laid out well so that you don't miss any dresses and just overall top notch! After walking into several other shops around town this shop was like a breath of fresh air and just what my sister needed! It is no surprise that we found her dress here and we are incredibly grateful for Lizzy and Debbie's help throughout this big decision! Will highly recommend this to any brides or bridesmaids for dresses! Great experience and beautiful dresses!

Profile Picture User4910278, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

You will not be disappointed getting your dress from them!! It was the best experience I could have ever asked for!!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews