The Wedding Dress Shoppe Reviews

174 The Wedding Dress Shoppe Reviews
  • Rylee

Rylee · Getting married on 06/08/2019

The best of the best!!

My mom & I had the absolute BEST experience with Stephanie. I had a good feeling about her shop since the second I made the appointment. My mom flew into North Carolina to join me for the special day & Stephanie added the cherry on top! Her & her staff were so personable and knowledgeable. She understood exactly what I was looking for, she gave me all of my options to help me achieve exactly what I wanted. I never once felt like I was taking up too much of her time or that she was in a rush! We were there for 3 hours and could've stayed there all day! I tried on 3 dresses, and the first dress I tried on was the one!! I didn't want to take it off! I truly can't say enough good things about WDS, they have a number of different styles to suite everyone's vision of their dream dress, and will do whatever it takes to make sure you get exactly what you are looking for!

Kara · Married on 09/02/2018

My name is Kara and I recently went to The Wedding Dress Shoppe for my wedding dress. I had to unexpectedly change my wedding date sooner than anticipated. I only had 3 1/2 months to buy a dress and fall in love with it. I went into my first dress fitting nervous especially since I couldn't special order since the date was so soon. The new owner, Stephanie, was who restored my faith that day! Instead of making me even more worried about my date change, she reassured me that we would find something off the rack. She was absolutely wonderful to work with and I can not thank this shop enough for making my big day even more special! You will not be disappointed when you shop here!

• Shelby

Shelby · Married on 07/22/2018

I loved my experience at The Wedding Dress Shoppe! I never felt pressured to buy anything and they were so friendly! All the workers want you to look and feel beautiful and they really listen to what you want when picking out a dress. They were even very accommodating when I needed a slight alteration the day before my wedding. They have many styles and a range of prices so you can find anything and everything you are looking for!

The Wedding Dress Shoppe 1
    The Wedding Dress Shoppe 2

Veronica · Married on 06/29/2018

The whole experience was wonderful, and I came out with the dress of my dreams. The staff was incredibly friendly and professional throughout the process. I never felt pressured into buying, but instead, I felt genuinely supported throughout. Their space is open and beautifully lit and they have a gorgeous selection of dresses. Before my appointment with the Wedding Dress Shoppe, I had actually chosen a different dress at a different store but decided to go along with the appointment "just in case." I showed the staff images of the dress I was imagining and they matched me with some beautiful dresses. However, when the owner saw me, she stopped in her tracks and recommended that I try on a dress that nobody had tried on yet. She wanted to see what it might look like on me, and so I tried it on, in part to humor her. Well, as soon as I saw myself in the dress (and the first time you see yourself is the first time your friends and family see you because there's no mirror in the dressing room, which makes for great and genuine first reactions), my first thought was "uh-oh." I knew in that moment that I was going to have to return the first dress I'd picked out because I was in love. The dress was nothing like I'd originally planned, but now I cannot imagine my wedding day without that perfect, fairytale dress. Thank you, Wedding Dress Shoppe, for helping me step out of my comfort zone and select a dress more perfect than I could've ever imagined.

The Wedding Dress Shoppe 3
    The Wedding Dress Shoppe 4
    The Wedding Dress Shoppe 5
    The Wedding Dress Shoppe 6
    The Wedding Dress Shoppe 7
    The Wedding Dress Shoppe 8
    The Wedding Dress Shoppe 9

Christina · Married on 05/18/2018

Come ready to be treated like the bride you are. This was my second bridal shop to look for a gown and it was a wonderful experience, especially working in customer service.

Jordanne · Married on 04/28/2018

My experience here was incredible! My mother, niece and I went here for my moms dress and the flower girl dress for my wedding. The help we received was above and beyond. The dress my mom was looking for wasn’t in stock so they helped her find and order exactly what she wanted. When it came to my niece they made her feel like a princess trying on flower girl dresses and were so generous in more ways than one. They went so above and beyond I had to come leave a review and I never leave reviews. I’m from Atlanta and not one store I’ve been to in Atlanta even compared to the kindness and customer service we received here. While I didn’t get my wedding dress here I almost wish I did because it would have been a great experience. If you’re wondering if you should try this place out, GO! You really won’t be disappointed.

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2017

I purchased my wedding dress and veil from The Wedding Dress Shoppe, and it was a fabulous experience. Their store is lovely, and they work to provide the best experience by offering one on one attention to the bride and her wedding party during appointments. The ladies were very helpful in pulling different styles of gowns and pairing them with the appropriate accessories (veils, jewelry) as well as helping you stick to your price point. Its easy to get overwhelmed by the amount of dresses they have. My appointment lasted just about 2 hours, and the ladies were willing to let me try on as many gowns as I liked. It was nice to have as much time as needed without feeling rushed. I also went to a family members appointment here and they were just as wonderful! I wouldn't have traded my dress shopping experience at The Wedding Dress Shoppe for anything! Highly recommend!

Lois · Married on 10/14/2017

I purchased a Mother of the Bride dress from The Wedding Dress Shop for my daughters upcoming wedding. From the first time I walked in the door to the repeated visits for alterations and so forth I was always treated with nothing but excellent customer service. They always went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied and happy with my experience with them. My daughter purchased her wedding dress from another shop in town and the experience was so horrible that when her dress came in we took it to "The Wedding Dress" shop for alterations. They treated her as if she purchased it from them. They went out of their way to make her experience perfect (consider the other salon experience was dreadful)! Their seamstress is totally off the chart and the alterations were beyond what I could have ever asked for. Every person I dealt with at The Wedding Dress shop was polite, experienced and truly perfect at what they do. I would highly recommend this salon for your wedding experience!

Kat · Married on 10/14/2017

I bought my wedding dress here months ago and i couldn't be happier. Gina was my consultant and she was so sweet. I'm a very high strung person so shopping for the perfect dress was stressful but Gina reassured my that trying on 30 dresses was okay! At the end of my appointment, she put me back in the first dress that I tried on and I bawled. She knew that was my dress before I even knew. 5 stars.

Sarah · Married on 10/14/2017

My experience here was nothing short of amazing! From my first visit where I found "the one", through the fittings, to the day I picked up my dress, I felt like I was the only on there! Every time I tried my dress on, everyone made me feel so special and beautiful! Thanks to the entire staff that made my day special and stress free!

The Wedding Dress Shoppe 10
    The Wedding Dress Shoppe 11
    The Wedding Dress Shoppe 12
  • User7711576 · 1+ year ago

I found my wedding dress the very first day I looked. The Wedding Dress Shoppe participated in a sample sale with several other shops in Wilimington. It was a breeze to browse the inventory, the dressing area was spacious and the girls helping were great! I even dropped by the store to buy a dress bag and they gave it to me for free. My veil was also a Wedding Dress Shoppe veil I found at the cutest consignment shop Every Little Detail. I would highly recommend both!

Ashley · Married on 05/06/2017

My daughter had the BEST experience at The Wedding Dress Shoppe! They were very accommodating! Both the shop and their large selection are so beautiful! We ordered the bridesmaids dresses from their sister shop next door. All staff at both shops were very polite, professional, and responsive. :-)

Lexy · Married on 04/08/2017

The wedding dress shop were amazing every step of the way! I came in having a vague idea of what I wanted and they were able to help me find my perfect dress - all while making sure I was happy with my choice and not swayed too much by the opinions of my family! I had my dress altered with the wedding dress shoppe, and for every fitting the staff were so sweet and professional. I didn't want to bustle my train, but instead have it on my wrist, and the seamstress worked very hard for it to be in the perfect place so that the train fell beautifully.

Jamie · Married on 09/30/2016

Barbara is absolutely amazing! From the moment my friend (the beautiful bride) and I walked in, she gave us her undivided attention and really listened to my friend and what she was looking for. She is fun, sweet, kind and made this such a wonderful experience for us! Their selection of dresses can't compare to anyone else's in Wilmington, and believe me, we went to every store. My friend found the dress of her dreams without feeling pressured or frustrated, which is exactly how this experience should be for every bride! This is definitely the place to go!!

Mary Catherine · Married on 07/16/2016

Gina was incredibly helpful to say the least. I am using the Wedding Shoppe to clean my mother's wedding dress and she went above and beyond to take her time with us and make sure we had all the pieces we needed. I would recommend the shop, and Gina, highly!

Marissa · Married on 06/24/2016

Loved my wedding dress and veil from the Wedding Dress Shoppe!!! Gina was the best in helping me pick out my dress with my best friend and mom! I just got back the photos from my June wedding and love my dress in every angle! So elegant and Allyson helped alter it to fit me perfectly! Everyone there is friendly! Highly recommend!

Great experience shopping for my wedding dress! They listened to what I liked and I purchased the first dress I tried on!

I had been shopping for wedding dresses FOR EVER and was starting to get discouraged big time. Barbara helped me find my dress; she was sweet, attentive and proactive in helping me find my vision for my dress. She got the manager to help and got me a discount! She saw I was getting hungry and brought me a protein bar. I would definitely reccomend this place to anyone, especially if you need help deciding what you want. Thanks!

I absolutely loved The Wedding Dress Shoppe! I have to rave about Lauren who works there! She was so friends, helpful, and down to earth!!! The 4th dress that I tried on was the one I chose and I absolutely loved it. My wedding is really close by in 4 months and they helped get me set and ready to go. I loved loved Lauren she is the sweetest!

This place was amazing! I stopped in with my mom and they were able to fit me in for an appointment last minute. The staff was extremely kind and never pushed me to buy anything. This was my first and last stop for buying my gown.

I loved working with everyone at the Wedding Dress Shoppe, and I found the gown of my dreams! It needed a LOT of alterations, and they did an amazing job with them and accommodating me. It could have been a nightmare situation had it not been for their dedication, hard work, and determination to make my vision come true.

The Wedding Dress Shoppe was the first place I looked for dresses. My bridesmaid set up the appointment for me not knowing anything about the store. We were greeted warmly and asked about the details of the wedding and my style. As I walked through the shop with the stylist, she took into consideration everything I had said I liked or didn't like. She made me feel comfortable while I was trying on the dresses also. Even stylists that I wasn't working with came over and brought suggestions they thought I would like. My bridesmaids were very impressed when talking to all the stylists about how well they know their inventory and designers. I found two dresses that I loved and they helped me make that very hard decision! I can't say enough about the atmosphere in their also. Every bride with her entourage helped, encouraged and gave their opinions to one another. It was a wonderful experience!

Ashley · Married on 11/21/2015

I absolutely LOVE the ladies at The Wedding Dress Shoppe!!! I had an absolute blast from day one of picking out my perfect dress, to ordering my bridesmaids' gowns, to picking out my rehearsal dress, to coming in for multiple fittings, and finally packing my dress into the car days before my wedding. These ladies made me feel like I was their only bride! I have even told them on multiple occasions, "I wish I could get married again just to come hang out with y'all again!"

Sent on 12/02/2015

The Wedding Dress Shoppe's reply:

Come hang out with us anytime. We try to make it fun for everyone. NO STRESS! You were beautiful in your dress. Can't wait for photos.

I can't put into words how amazing this place is! The staff members were a dream to work with. I purchased another dress back in January from a vendor in Raleigh and after months passing and alterations that ruined my Vera Wang gown, I was essentially left empty handed just 2 months before my wedding. I walked in the Wedding Dress Shoppe and told them my story and they were so compassionate and quick to come to my rescue. They assured me they would do what it takes to get a beautiful dress and they were right! They made me feel so comfortable and at ease and they ended up finding me a dress I loved 10x more than I did my original from Raleigh. These people actually care and they work hard to make your dreams come true! Gina and Roberta and their seamstress, Lana, are three of the nicest people I've ever met. My advice, check them out before heading anywhere else! You won't be sorry!

Sent on 09/16/2015

The Wedding Dress Shoppe's reply:

Thank you so much for the SWEET review. You and your mom were a joy to work with. We are so happy we could make all this come together for you. You will be stunning walking down the aisle in that dress. We look forward to photos to post on our website. Roberta

Justein · Married on 11/14/2015

Amazing experience!
    I found the perfect lace pattern on a dress on the last chance rack and I couldn’t pull myself away from it! The dress was HUGE, and needed a lot of love, but the folks at The Wedding Dress Shoppe were able to help me make my vision a reality! We sliced and we diced and it was PERFECT! They were able to take it in many sizes, and create a sweet heart neckline that looked as though it was made for my body. I would highly recommend this place and these professionals to any bride!