The Wedding Designer*Susan Foy Reviews

The Wedding Designer*Susan Foy 2
The Wedding Designer*Susan Foy 3
The Wedding Designer*Susan Foy 4

Aubrey · Married on 08/08/2009

Susan is a very talented. She is a top notch person too. I would highly recommend her. I cant say enough good things. Her work is unmatched. The flowers were beautiful. She always gets back with you if you have a question and she will strive to make it individual and personal.

Sid · Married on 07/25/2009

Susan was great to work with very flexible let us do parts of decorating we could

Andrea · Married on 06/27/2009

The flowers at my wedding were the most beautiful things about my wedding. Susan's creativity brought my whole reception room together. Susan was professional, organized, and dedicated. I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding, truly amazing.

Anne · Married on 05/30/2009

We HIGHLY recommend Susan Foy, The Wedding Designer, for any special occasion floral need, especially a wedding! Susan was a delight to work with as we planned our daughter's wedding. She was able to custom design "the" look we were searching for and the results were STUNNING! Many of our guests still rave about the elegant look of all the floral arrangements. Most of the flowers lasted for almost 3 weeks after the reception! With all the personal touches, excellent service and fabulous floral creations that Susan Foy provides, we know that any bride will find her wedding flowers to be one of the beautiful highlights of her special day!!

Sharon · Married on 05/24/2009

Susan was very patient and always willing to make changes when my daughter (bride) kept changing her mind. She is very creative and made certain our centerpieces were not boring. She kept our budget in mind and coordinated with other events that weekend so we could use the same flowers at different occasions. Her floral creations made the wedding and reception truly breathtaking!

Sent on 02/28/2010

nicole · Married on 10/04/2008

susan was amazing to work with and made my life so much easier during this time. she responed to every email (there were a lot!), gave me so many options, price was great, and everything was better than expected. She was one of my favorite vendors. My flowers were sooo pretty and wouldnt have changed a thing about them. thanks!

Kathy · Married on 09/27/2008

Susan was the best to work with. Our flowers were BEAUTIFUL! We really wanted something non traditonal and unique. Susan went out of her way to make that happen for us. We had so many compliments and people still talk about how pretty, fun and creative our wedding flowers and center pieces were. I would recommend Susan because her passion shows in the work that she provides. It's a love of hers and a natural talent which is a virtue that is hard to find in a wedding vendor. Yes, she does it to make money however I believe she puts a lot of heart into everything that she gives her brides above and beyond what others may do. Thank you Susan for a wonderful wedding day :^) Kathy & Mike 9/27/08

Sent on 05/14/2010
  • April

April · Married on 05/29/2016

Susan was fabulous! From our first phone consultation, I felt like we were on the same page in terms of both what I was looking for stylistically as well as what my budget was, which is always appreciated. She put together a photo album based on our consultation of what specific flowers in which colors she was planning to use, as well as arrangements she had done in the past to serve as inspiration. She was very responsive whenever I had questions, which I very much appreciated as an out-of-town bride. I was even able to add things the week before the wedding, as I had forgotten about petals for the recession! I had very specific vases that I wanted to use, and Susan let me provide any containers I liked. She was also at the venue the morning of the wedding setting up before I even got there! We got so many compliments on how colorful and unique our arrangements were, and we couldn't have done it without Susan!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Kelly · Married on 10/16/2010

Susan was So easy to work with. She made time to come and show me options. She never settled for anything and kept looking to find me the perfect flowers!

Sent on 11/09/2010

Sarah · Married on 05/22/2010

Susan was great to work with. We had a small budget, but she was able to work within it and do great flowers for our money.

Sent on 07/24/2010

Amanda · Married on 06/20/2009

Susan was wonderful and a dream to work with! She was so quick to respond to us, especially to my millions of emails!! Susan made my wedding day absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 03/19/2010

Jenny · Married on 06/13/2009

Susan was amazing!!!! She was so willing to work with my budget and everything was amazing. You get such great quality for the price. She didn't quit until she knew exactly what i wanted and had so many great ideas! I would definitely reccomend Susan to anyone:)

Ashley · Married on 06/05/2009

Susan was awesome. My flower were fresh and beautiful.

rekha · Married on 05/31/2009

we were quite happy with all their services.Prices were affordable and i would hire them in future if there is any occasion in my house!

Sent on 03/09/2010

Kelli · Married on 11/08/2008

Susan was amazing! So easy to work with and eager to accomplish your vision, she also has undeniable talent and taste when it comes to putting together your dream wedding. I have recommended Susan to many friends of mine who have also been very happy with her dedication to the planning process and, of course, the stunning final result!

Sent on 03/08/2010

Sarah · Married on 05/14/2016

We utilized Susan Foy for our May 14, 2016 wedding. Our wedding was at a private property in a remote location. Susan did an awesome job procuring all of the flowers we wanted (ecualyptus for tables, heather in tall galvanized buckets for isle, peonies/renauculas/anemones/chrysanthemum) and everything looked beautiful. Susan was very responsive and informative, I would definitely use her again!

Sent on 05/31/2016
  • I

Emily · Married on 12/31/2012

Susan Foy took our vision and made it a beautiful reality. Not always professional in person, but beyond professional in both the quality and affordability of her pieces. She provided us with images before and during the process. Worked with our budget, telling us what we could DIY and what she could do. Everything was set up beautifully at the venue, ahead of schedule, and the flowers are still in impeccable shape days later! Absolutely the best!! Thanks Susan!

Sent on 01/02/2013

Claire · Married on 08/18/2012

I had an absolutely wonderful experience with Susan. She was attentive to my wants and needs and came up with exactly what I was looking for: a modern, clean version of the classic bridal flowers. Her pricing was exceptional - I feel like I got such a steal after I saw all of the items she put together for my wedding day. Her service was also excellent; I accidentally overlooked two people who needed corsages/boutineers, and Susan totally saved the day by pretending she left them in the car and whipped up two right there on the spot, without my guests knowing the difference! I highly recommend her services for brides who want something unique, creative, and individual for their wedding.

Sent on 01/04/2013

Joanie · Married on 10/31/2009

Susan was so easy to work with and her expertise on flowers totally made the planning experience a breeze. She did a great job at staying within my budget but also making sure I got the exact flowers I wanted. Thanks, Susan!

Kari · Married on 03/23/2013

1.4
      3.0
      1.0
      0.5
      2.0
      1.0

I used Susan based on reviews found online. Here is mine, straight up:

Pros:
    1) She stayed within appr. $10 of my $1500 budget
    2) She met with me two times during my planning, after some hesitation that things weren't being done.
    3) She set up centerpieces and picked them up after (for an additional charge for each)
    4) The bouquets were pretty, centerpieces turned out well.

Cons:
    1) Not sure exactly what my money was spent on. (I feel as though I would have been able to get the same service had I told her my budget was $500 less than what I did, as I provided 80% of the vases used, 100% of the candles used, and ultimately more than 70% of everything used throughout my wedding decorations.)
    2) My "gift" toss bouquet was so lightweight it didn't make it to the group of girls -- had I seen it before my wedding coordinator gave it to me as I was walking out onto the floor, I would have thrown my real bouquet; it was pitiful.
    3) Slow communication at times.
    4) Multiple occasions I felt like I was a "cheap" bride, as she called me frugal b/c of my $1500 budget.
    5) I always felt like "just another bride" to her, never with my other vendors.
    6) Charged me additional cost for set-up of centerpieces--informed me of this price hike a week before the wedding.
    7) Relied on my creativity for centerpieces -- this is why I went with her thinking she could help with this, as I know nothing about flowers.
    8) In speaking with other brides, I way overpaid compared to them with their florists.

In summary:
    I think she would be a WONDERFUL florist for someone with a high budget who wants flowers to be the focal point of their wedding...her work is good. I would not recommend her if your budget is $1500 or under ... If I were able to re-plan my wedding, she would not be my florist ... this would be the ONE change I would make.

Sent on 05/04/2013