The Wedding Boss Reviews

0.8
      1.0
      3.0

CAUTION, CAUTION, CAUTION!!!!!
    PLEASE save yourself and do NOT use this person.
    She nearly succeeded in sabotaging my wedding. The package I
    purchased was to include 23 items that she was to be responsible for, she only performed 9 of the 23. She was very obnoxious and rude to my guests and the wedding party. She could not be found on my wedding day leaving everyone lost and confused. My wedding started 25 minutes behind schedule and without her. Be very careful with her Tying It All Together Package.. She led me to believe that she would set out the pre-packaged decor and take care of the set-up of everything. Fortunately for me, I had many friends who were able to be on site to oversee things and do most of the decorating. Sally, literally did NOTHING other than a spent a few minutes assisting with the table center pieces. After my wedding, I received a letter from her requesting more money. She said that her Tying It All Together Package only included overseeing the decor set-up. She was very misleading and said she would take care of these details repeatedly. The reason I hired her was because she was quick to return my initial phone call and was very aggressive during the first meeting. After the deposit and the balance were paid, she just quit on me.. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE save yourself the unneeded anxiety. I am SICK over my decision to hire her and will never be able to undo this mistake. It is my hope that I can save another bride the hardship I endured from the poor decision I made. Ask around before making a decision... Take the time to ask around (photographers, videographers, caterers, venue coordinators etc - BEFORE you hire a wedding planner). Best of Luck to You!!! :-)

Sent on 07/30/2013

The Wedding Boss's reply:

Diane hired me for my "Day Of" package which I call my "Tying it all Together", this consists of a list of 9 Pre Wedding Activities of which 7 were completed and 2 were N/A for this event. There are 11 activities that are performed at rehearsal or on wedding day of which 9 were completed and 2 were N/A for this event. There are 3 after ceremony items 2 of which were done and 1 was N/A. Therefore, ALL items contracted for were delivered and MUCH MUCH more, including 6 additional meetings, (2 visits to venue, 1 to rental store, 1 to Hobby Lobby, 1 at Starbucks and 1 at a Wholesale florist) that were not part of the contracted services. So the allegation of "bailing on her" after the final payment....three additional meetings were held, with the caterer, attending the bridal shower, and dinner at her home. (All above and beyond the contracted services) I arrived at the venue at 2PM on rehearsal day to meet with the tent contractor and prepare for rehearsal, which was scheduled at 5PM but bride did not arrive until 6:15PM and at rehearsal the bride changed the ceremony location 4 times requiring other vendors to make major changes in their setup. On wedding day, I arrived at noon to meet with venue coordinator and began setting up tables and setting out boxes of decor items that were prepared by the bride and attendants. Setup of tables and setting up of decor was not contracted for, only supervision of setup is part of the package that she selected. The items included are clearly listed on the addendum to the planning contract. I was told that the sisters of the groom would arrive at 2pm to set up the decor in the manner that the bride had directed them to do. I was not informed of how the decor items were to be placed. My assistant was told at rehearsal that the sisters would be there to decorate because they (the sisters) knew how it was to be set up. However, the sisters never showed up and ALL decorating was left to me and my assistant which was done to the best of my ability not knowing what was supposed to go where. The moving of the ceremony to a remote location caused additional delays and additional work for the catering staff to relocate over 150 chairs across the grounds and for my husband (the DJ) to have to set up all of the chairs for the ceremony and to set up an additional sound system to accommodate the needs of the live musicians that were sprung on us at rehearsal. Instead of being able to supervise the decor setup which would have taken about 1.5 hours if the people had been there to having to spend 5 hours, in the blistering heat, with my assistant setting up all of the tables and decor items. The only hardship caused to this bride was caused by a loud, obnoxious and drunk maid of honor that was constantly insulting throughout the evening. Toward the end of the reception, Diane (the bride) kept apologizing to me for the way her bridesmaids were acting and thanking me for a "Wonderful Job" setting up and taking care of her every need on her wedding day. Apparently she forgot about all of that when she got the bill for the extra services provided that were not originally contracted for. I know that the caterer most likely billed her for the extra work that they had to do because of her changes to the ceremony location. There was nothing misleading as all of the included services were sent to her prior to our initial meeting. As for the ceremony being delayed 25 minutes, first, there were many guests arriving late (how rude, in fact 2 arrived DURING ceremony), and a LAST MINUTE change by the groom to have the bride enter on the back side of the property which required a vehicle to be brought around for all of the girls to pile into and then drive around to the point where he wanted her to enter. This required delaying the ceremony even more. I was there helping load them into the van and then walked to the entry point to line them up for entry. It was amazing due to ALL OF HER CHANGES that we were able to start as quickly as we did!! Her delays caused most of her guests to sit in the hot sun for an extra half hour. Not only did this bride get more than DOUBLE the services she paid for, every possible detail was attended to by me! I know that she did not leave for her honeymoon for 2 days following the wedding and she did not contact me about any problems. Only after she was presented with a bill for part of the extra services did she decide to complain on WW. Since the bride was able to give me a numerical score, I hereby deem her a -2