MAXAM Event Center operated by The Waterhouse Reviews

View more information

• Amy
    Amy L. Married on 06/05/2021

Outstanding venue!

We had a wonderful experience with The Waterhouse as our venue for our ceremony and reception. Not only was the space beautiful but the staff and owner ensured that we had a wonderful experience on our wedding day. Great food, great service and beautiful location. We highly recommend!
    Sierra S. Married on 01/06/2021

Wonderful all-inclusive venue

Absolutely gorgeous location. Andrew was so helpful in getting us set up, especially as COVID changed our wedding plans drastically. So beautiful, yummy food, and great staff! A really wonderful all-inclusive option for a venue.
  • Kari
    Kari B. Married on 09/05/2020

Wedding venue

The Waterhouse made our big day perfect! The entire staff was amazing, and very detailed! We would highly recommend!
    Amanda Married on 06/01/2019

AMAZING! Perfect location for wedding and reception

The Waterhouse is amazing! They know and stuff and they are good at planning weddings. They were so helpful and flexible with all our requests. The food was amazing, we had the salmon and petite fillet. We worked with Nyk and Ana for all the rep work. Day of we had Theresa. No complaints about would with any of them. We are so glad we chose the Waterhouse, our wedding was in the Washington room and reception in the distillery. We could not be happier!
    Ana Married on 09/30/2017
    I can't say enough good things about Andrew and especially Nyk, the event coordinator. We had our wedding reception in the Distillery Room (formerly the Warehouse Room) and it was just beautiful from start to finish. Nyk was so helpful every step of the way and went above and beyond to make sure our night was perfect. Andrew was professional and accommodating to our requests as well. Our reception was everything we dreamed it would be, due in large part to the amazing staff at the Waterhouse.
    Todd Married on 11/12/2016
    We had both our ceremony and reception at the Waterhouse. We can't say enough great things about our whole experience. The Waterhouse is a very unique reception location with several unique rooms. Andrew, Nick, and Jessica were great to work with. I was the groom and I dreaded going to meet with reception hosts when we started out, but after our first meeting with Andrew (the owner) and Nick, I was very impressed at both how laid back and professional they were. They could not have made the whole thing a better experience! Andrew is the kind of guy that really seems to love what he does, and it shows with how well he treats his customers and how well his whole team works together to make your event a success. I didn't even know they had their own food service before we met with them, but at the tasting I was blown away by the quality of the food, and from everyone I talked to at our reception, they pulled it off again for 220 people. If you're looking for a great venue and great people to work with, Andrew and his team at the Waterhouse are what you're looking for!
  • Jenny
    Jenny Married on 06/18/2016
    In our picking a venue, we were very careful in investigating our options; we reached out to Andrew based on his business's glowing reviews. They were, it turns out, very well-earned. We could not have been more satisfied with The Waterhouse! We will echo what others have said: Andrew and his staff (Nyk, as our event manager) were obliging, careful, and attentive at every step of this process. The Waterhouse has a great aesthetic and beautiful rooms for dinner and dancing. Under Andrew's direction, the Waterhouse is a well-oiled machine; he runs a tight ship, and it really shows in the finished product. The dinner was absolutely superlative. We have been receiving compliments on both the room and dinner ever since our wedding. Our highest recommendations!
    Patricia Married on 01/23/2016
    Book this venue! Amazing service, amazing, food, amazing space. The whole staff was so attentive to our every need the whole night. Couldn't have been more perfect.
    Kathryn Married on 10/03/2015
    Andrew and Nick are amazing and made my night absolutely perfect. I couldn't have asked for anything more from them. They are super responsive and easy to work with and made sure everything was exactly what I wanted. Our guests raved at how good the food was. We had multiple people tell us it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. We had our wedding in the Warehouse room which has brick walls, exposed beams, and a ton of character. It was beautiful! The staff was awesome, the food was great, and the ambiance was exactly what we wanted. We can't thank them enough for their hard work! I would highly recommend this place for your wedding.
  • Laurie
    Laurie Married on 10/04/2014
    I cannot say enough about Andrew Driscoll and his excellent staff. The service alone would make me recommend the venue to anyone. The Waterhouse offered a dinner for the couples that booked with them to showcase what you could do with the venue. It was exceptionally helpful for planning and gave us a taste of what we could choose for the menu.

Andrew met with us several times to get details right and he always responded to calls and emails quickly. He gave us a super helpful schedule to get all the vendors lined up and keep everyone on track. The day of, his event managers kept things rolling and me at ease so I had no need of a coordinator. They really took care of every detail.

We used both the Ballroom and the Waterhouse Room. People loved the space the Ballroom offered for dinner and the unique look of the Waterhouse Room for the ceremony and dancing area. Even now, almost 3 months later, people are still commenting to me what a lovely space we had for our wedding.

Food was great. The Waterhouse caters all their own events. We had a buffet and it was exceptional. We chose chicken, ham, mixed veggies and potatoes. Not a single person complained about the food, and several went back for seconds.
    Katie Married on 06/28/2014
    We truly cannot say enough about how great Andrew and his staff at The Waterhouse are!! We had an amazing day and we owe much of that to Andrew and his professionalism as well as attention to detail.The venue is absolutely beautiful and the food is delicious. We got so many compliments about the food, staff and the venue. Thank you Andrew!!!!!!
    Cori Married on 05/03/2014
    Thank you to everyone at the Waterhouse! Because of Andrew and his staff at the Waterhouse, my husband and I were able to enjoy our wedding night worry free! The food was absolutely incredible!!! We offered the Prime rib and Chicken Kiev to our guests. The Chicken Kiev was a huge hit!! The new location of the Waterhouse was absolutely incredible!

Thanks to Andrew and the Waterhouse staff, our wedding reception was absolutely perfect and there is absolutely nothing about that evening at the Waterhouse we would change!
    Sue Married on 02/15/2014
    I was the Mother of the Bride. We had the rehearsal dinner in the lounge, the wedding took place in the warehouse room, and the reception was in the ballroom. We had so many people that commented on the convenience of the facility. The food was delicious! Andrew was awesome to work with. We highly recommend it.
    Shannon Married on 09/14/2012
    This venue was absolutely amazing! I wish I could go back and have both my ceremony and reception at this gorgeous venue. As it was our reception was everything we could have possible dreamed of! Andrew was always available when we needed him. His client event allowed my husband to actually envision all the details I was throwing at him, also the client event put us in contact with our cake baker and decor shop. The night of Andrew himself opened doors for our guests. The food was amazing, everyone couldn't stop talking about it, some even went back for seconds! When Andrew heard that they didn't normally carry my favorite wine he made sure that the bar was stocked with it the night of. His staff was beyond professional, they took care of all of the set up and tear down, which allowed us to just enjoy our wedding without stress. I would definitely recommend the Waterhouse.
  • User1002914 2+ years ago
    I loved having my reception at the Waterhouse! It has such great atmosphere and is a beautiful building. The owner is the easiest person to work with and will do anything for you. I had no problems during my reception. It went so smoothly and I know it had to do with Andrew, the owner. They also have their own caterer. There food is delicious and I didn't hear one complaint!
    T Married on 01/21/2012
    My daughter had her wedding and reception at The Waterhouse 1/21/12. Everything about this venue is first class. Andrew Driscoll is professional, creative and available at all times; the food is superb (all of our guests raved about it!); the space is beautifully unique; the location is prime. We highly recommend The Waterhouse to anyone looking for an amazing venue.
    Elizabeth Married on 09/18/2010
    Andrew the owner was incredible! I didn't have to worry about a thing leading up to the wedding or the day. He took care of every detail! The space was unique and a great size for our medium sized wedding. Everyone raved about the food and the whole night just went smoothly! I loved it!
    Trisha Married on 07/26/2008
    Andrew Driscoll (the owner/manager) was very nice to work with he has a background and theatre so he really knew how to help us throw a nice reception. The food was also very wonderful; we had several comments from our wedding guests on how delicious it was.
    Mandy Married on 12/27/2003
    This place was amazing and very well priced. It is a cool, old warehouse located on the Illinois River. It is on the second floor and the view at night is beautiful. The dance floor is seperated by the bar which made it easier for our guests to have conversations when not dancing. They were able to provide table linens and mirrors and candles for the centerpieces which made it easier for me. They also had a nursery room off of the main room. This was great because we were able to hire a couple of sitters to watch kids during the reception so parents could enjoy themselves. Only thing I would have liked to see was improved signage as to where the elevator was. A couple of our handicap guests had to navigate the stairs.
  • jaddy
    Jill Married on 08/31/2008
    This venue was perfect for our wedding reception. We were very happy with the end-results.

Things will go much smoother if you have everything detailed out and make sure that whoever sets up is very aware of what you want. There was only an hour to get set-up but if you have the details, you should have no trouble.

The staff was professional and the food was very good.