The Waterfall Catering & Special Events Reviews

124 | Claymont, DE

124 Reviews for The Waterfall Catering & Special Events

Jamie · Married on 06/03/2016

My husband & I just were married on June 3rd and had our reception at The Waterfall! We absolutely LoVeD our venue!!! I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants to have their dream wedding!! All of our guests gave us nothing but complete & wonderfall compliments!!! The best place to have your wedding!!!

Sent on 06/17/2016
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 05/29/2016

We had our wedding at The Waterfall this past weekend and I cannot say enough good things about our entire experience, from the day we booked until the day of our wedding. Maggie and David did an excellent job of helping us through the planning process and never made us feel like they didn't have time for us, no matter how busy they were! Every time we walked through the door (which was many times in the beginning to see all of the changes!) they knew who we were and greeted us by name with hugs and handshakes. They really made us feel like we were their only clients! Even during a very busy month of May they were always available to help us! On the day of our wedding the ENTIRE staff did an excellent job of keeping us and our guests happy. Danielle did an amazing job, making sure we had water, beer, food, and anything the bridal party wanted during our pictures! During the reception we were never confused about what we were supposed to be doing or what was going to happen next; the staff always made sure we were one step ahead and knew what was going on! Our guests have not stopped talking about the food, both how much was offered and how good it was! We LOVE the waterfall and would recommend it to anyone! Thanks for everything!

Sent on 06/01/2016

jasmin · Married on 05/27/2016

The Waterfall was the perfect location to hold my Memorial Day weekend wedding. We had our ceremony outdoors with the beautiful pillars and waterfalls. Such a gorgeous view especially for pictures. Cocktail hour was amazing!!! So much food! My guests believed that was the reception because they were stuffed with amazing food! The grand ballroom is absolutely gorgeous. It has its own bar and bathroom in the room. I can't say enough about Maggie who helped me coordinate everything. She made the planning process so easy. The entire staff to include my bridal attendant Danielle, and the maitre'd were so nice and provided amazing customer service to all my guests! And the bartenders were awesome! My guests keep talking about how much fun they had at my wedding and how amazing the customer service was. Thank you waterfall!

Sent on 06/06/2016

From meeting David and his team back in August of 2014 when there were tarp all over the place to walking down the aisle and dancing under the magnificent chandelier in the Cascade ballroom on May 2016 I could not have been any happier with everything!
    Our consultant Stephanie was amazing! she was super responsive and helpful. We loved everything about the waterfall from the decor to the service. My guest are still talking about how full they were from the wedding and how the servers took great care of them. We are very thankful and great full to all the staff members who worked diligently to make our day very smooth!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Andrea · Married on 04/17/2016

All I can say about this venue is WOW. This was the very first venue I looked at but still wanted to look at a few others to see what else was out there. At the end I knew that nothing else I looked at would compare to The Waterfall. Not only is this venue truly breathtaking but the experience in general was simply amazing. Maggie, David and all of their staff were incredible to say the least. Our guests were in awe when they saw the venue and raved about the service and of course the endless amounts of food desserts and drinks. Every bride and groom deserves to feel like royalty on their wedding day. It may sound cliché but we really felt like a queen and a king... Truly the best day ever.

Sent on 05/07/2016

tiffany · Married on 03/06/2016

My coordinator was Maggie and she was AMAZING. Leading up to the wedding she eased all of my anxiety. The day of the wedding was amazing. People told me it was the best wedding they had ever been too! The food was the best

Sent on 03/20/2016

Jennifer · Married on 02/27/2016

I cannot begin to thank Bill D. and his staff for making our wedding day the MOST BEAUTIFUL of our lives. We were truly felt like royalty there. The staff made the day flow so smoothly. The venue is truly breathtaking and worth every penny. It's been almost a year since our wedding ( sorry for the delay in this review!!!) and I STILL have family and friends talking about the food. Unfortunately, we didn't get to enjoy it as much as our guests did, however, we do get to live vicariously through them as they speak of "lamb chops on swords"! The food that I did have was outstanding. The combination of the venue, food and staff truly made our wedding amazing and our guests are still talking about how much fun they had and that it was the "best wedding" they've ever been to! Ahhhh, if i could only go back to relive it. Thank you Waterfall!! I'd recommend this venue over and over again.

Sent on 12/31/2016

Heather · Married on 12/05/2015

If I could give the Waterfall a 10/10 I would. Everyone there was spot on, very professional, and personable. Brett made the planning process so simple. Our staff Billy, Ebony and Quinn, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, you guys were beyond amazing. The food was to die for, and so much of it. I mean a cotton candy machine ?!?! I was in love. Every guest said the place is absolutely beautiful, and they are still talking about the Waterfall. You guys made the night go by so smooth, I didn't have to worry about one thing. I would recommend the Waterfall to anyone in a heartbeat. You guys exceeded my expectations and made my husband and I the happiest newlyweds.
    -Heather

Sent on 01/04/2016

Marie · Married on 11/15/2015

I could not provide enough praise for this venue and the staff. From the day we selected this dream venue, everything was wonderful. They worked with us to set up our payments that would work better with our timeline & finances. Communication and responsive was A+. We had so many questions and were never made to feel like we were a bother. The ceremony was outdoors and was positively beautiful. The staff was so attentive and helpful. The cocktail hour (I hear) was so extensive that my guests thought it was the meal. Everyone was blown away by the food. The surprises never ended! Brett and Maxine, in particular, were shining stars and made our day spectacular!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Rachel · Married on 11/14/2015

Where do I begin? From the very beginning, Maggie was my point of contact (and boy did I have a LOT of questions!). She was always very responsive, made me feel like I was the only bride she was dealing with, and no matter what the request she was able to accommodate. It was absolutely UNBELIEVABLY easy and stress free with her by my side.

The wedding was executed perfectly with every detail I requested and this venue literally took my breath away! When we booked, there was no cocktail room and no outdoor space so we took a leap of faith as they were under construction...everything exceeded our expectations. My guests are STILL raving about the venue, the food, and the service. Maxine was the server who was with us all night and she was amazing! Such a doll, always made sure my groom and I had full drinks, full bellies, and were having the best time. I can't say enough about her...she was the best.

I am sad to no longer be dealing with everyone at the Waterfall and hope that I am able to attend an event there again soon!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Kate · Married on 10/23/2015

Perfect!! Beautiful!!!! Perfect!!!!!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Elyse · Married on 10/10/2015

This was truly the wedding of my dreams. From the moment my husband and I went to view the venue in April 2014 up until we picked up our stuff the day after our wedding we were amazed at everything. Bill our coordinator was amazing and responsive every step of the way and every member of the staff went above and beyond what they needed to do to help make the night that much better. Maxine our bridal attendant made sure we were comfortable and made sure we ate and had drinks and everything we needed. Quinn the Maitre'D was outstanding he checked in with us constantly to make sure we were doing okay. The food was out of this world. My cousin who is a chef said the food was outstanding!! I had the absolute time of my life I could not have had a more perfect day, perfect venue, perfect everything and the food, staff, everything about The Waterfall made it that much better. Thank you so much we wish we could do it all again out guests can not stop talking about everything that evening!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/03/2015

I would recommend this venue to anyone. Our experience was amazing!!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Holly · Married on 10/03/2015

We had our wedding at The Waterfall in Claymont, DE on October 3, 2015. We absolutely loved the venue and had such an amazing wedding! Maggie, our event coordinator, was wonderful! She was so enthusiastic, helpful and really sweet. Our Matire D and bridal attendant were also so great! We had our reception indoors due to the cold/windy weather after a hurricane! But it was still so beautiful! Although my husband and I didn't get to eat much, our guests could not stop raving over the food. There is a separate room for cocktail hour which later turns into the dessert room. My husband and I wanted as much time for dancing as possible and the staff did a great job serving the food quickly so we could dance the rest of the night. We are filipino and they actually surprised us with a filipino station during the cocktail hour! It was so thoughtful of them to do that! We highly recommend this venue for a wedding! The food is excellent, the drinks were great and the service was awesome!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Janice · Married on 10/02/2015

The Waterfall made our day perfect. The plan was to have the ceremony outdoors on their beautiful site, but with the heavy rains caused by the nearing hurricane we were forced to move any outdoors activities indoor. Brett and the rest of the Waterfall staff went above and beyond to make the indoor ceremony space feel and look spectacular. Our guests have not stopped talking about the food; the setup, quantity, and how delicious everything was! Brett is such a sweetheart and is amazing at what she does; along with our Maître D - Quinn, the serving staff and our bridal attendant - Maxine (Max). I cannot praise them enough for making our day so perfect and even when I felt rushed, Max would remind me that it was our day and we were on my time.

My husband and I were also surprised by the staff during the reception with a rose ceremony, which was a wonderful gesture. From the valet for our guests, the beautiful venue, amazing food and drinks and the exceptional staff; I would highly recommend the Waterfall to anyone getting married.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Linda · Married on 09/25/2015

I just wanted to take the time to praise the staff at the Waterfall. What an experience! You can't even imagine how many times I heard that night that it was the best wedding anyone ever attended. Brett, our wedding coordinator, kept telling us how much food there would be, and that no one would go hungry but not only was there so much it was absolutely delicious. I didn't think it could be possible to not have one single glitch, but thanks to all of you there truly was none. Maxine and Andrew were incredible. My family felt like royalty, and our guests were so well attended to by the rest of your staff. You all do your job so so well...from the moment we walked through those doors until we left literally pulling away...with Andrew throwing sandwiches to Justine to make sure her groomsmen were fed for later that night. He went through everything on our check list making sure we left nothing behind. Seriously, I'm so amazed with all you do. Thanks for all your hard work in making it such a perfect day. I can't go on enough. I'm looking forward to reliving the night with family and friends and hearing more about all those memorable moments.

Sent on 10/02/2015

Everyone there could not have done a better job. I couldn't imagine having our big day anywhere else. Everyone went above and beyond to make sure that everything ran so smoothly and took care of us and our guests. I'm still getting messages from family and friends telling me this was the best wedding they have ever been to thanks to the staff here. The grounds are absolutely astonishing to top it off. Look no more.. this is the place to choose.

Sent on 10/10/2015

Victoria · Married on 08/22/2015

We had our wedding at the Waterfall on 8/22/2015 and from the moment we walked in, we knew this our venue. We saw many other venues, but nothing blew us away like the Waterfall. Throughout our entire planning process and even through the day of the wedding our coordinator Brett was with us, and she was a pleasure to work with, super responsive, helpful, and always professional. Billy, one of the owners created a delicious menu for our guests and really worked with us on the food, alcohol, and desserts. Our guests are still raving about how amazing the food was at the cocktail hour and reception. (there was a lot of food) - and it was delicious!! The venue is gorgeous, the cocktail hour room and outdoor patio/ceremony space is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen with water, fountains, and fire, there is nothing like it. On the day of the wedding Brett and our maitre'd made sure everything went smoothly with all of our vendors, with set up and timing, and ceremony. There are so many positive things I have to say but this would be a never-ending review. If you're looking for the perfect wedding hall, look into the Waterfall!!

Sent on 08/28/2015

This venue is incredible. The staff, owners are professional, kind, understanding and extremely helpful with meeting our needs. Maggie was our coordinator and she made our wedding day truly one of the most relaxing, worry free day by being so attentive to our needs, making sure we had exactly what we wanted, and always giving her support and kind words to help calm our nerves. Every staff member working at the Waterfall so respectful, happy, and on top of EVERYTHING! The food, the venue and the staff made our wedding day a day to remember, and all of our guest have been reaching out to us to tell us how our wedding "was one of the best wedding they have ever been too"! I will always recommend the Waterfall for events and weddings! oh yeah...THE FOOD IS AMAZING!

Sent on 01/03/2015

The Waterfall Catering & Special Events's reply:

Many thanks for the kinds words and wonderful review.

Bonnie · Married on 07/12/2015

My husband and I were so pleased with The Waterfall! We worked with Maggie, and she did an excellent job coordinating every last detail. She was extremely helpful and very easy to contact if we had any questions. The venue itself is amazing, they just remodeled the inside and outside areas and everything was beautiful. The food was amazing and there was so much of it, we got so many compliments from our guests. The employees are so attentive to all the guests and extremely personable. Overall a wonderful experience.

Sent on 10/02/2015

Valerie · event on: 06/28/2015

My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. We were extremely impressed with the venue as it is absolutely beautiful! We are so happy that the recent renovations/remodeling were completed just in time for our event! The food was impeccably arranged and very delicious! Most of all, and this is most important, the staff proved themselves to be professional, capable, and more than eager to accommodate our needs. Brett Ebling was our coordinator through most of the planning process. She was absolutely fabulous! She returned calls, reminded us of dates, and agreed to help out with setting out our table decorations while we were in church (which Maggie then assumed). On the actual day of our event, Brett was gifted with her own pre-wedding shower and so Maggie took over for our actual day. Maggie was just as accommodating and joyful! My family and friends were impressed with the wait staff as they carried out their duties with smiles, making sure guests were directed to the right places and taking care of gifts and food. Keneka, the head waitress, Ryan (I wish I could remember everyone's name) were extremely helpful and happy to answer any questions we had. From the waiters and bartenders during cocktail hour to the main part of the event in the reception room, each reflected the importance the Waterfall places on its guests. We were very happy with every step of the process and highly recommend the Waterfall to anyone wanting to celebrate anything at a beautiful venue! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Dear Valerie,
    Thank you very much for your review of The Waterfall. Feedback like this is what drives our passion for hosting great events. You and your guests certainly made it easy with your graciousness and praise. I have already shared the review with the entire staff.
    All the best and we hope you enjoy many more wonderful years together.

Anita · Married on 06/28/2015

I am writing this review from an event planners perspective. First of all the space is fabulous. If you haven't visited them recently put them on your list. From the very first phone call they were attentive and accommodating. They work hand in hand with planners to ensure that the bride and grooms vision is carried out. I worked with Bill and his team. Bill was available when I needed him and gave A+ service. He always had a workable solution to anything the bride and grok. Wanted. The maitre d Robert was exceptional. He was 100% on point on the day of the wedding and the rest of the team was amazing. Absolutely nothing was a problem. I can confidently refer Waterfall as a premier event space from experience.

Sent on 07/02/2015

The Waterfall Catering & Special Events's reply:

Thank you Anita. We are happy to work with wonderful wedding planners like yourself anytime. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to working with you in the future.

All the Best,

Katie · Married on 06/20/2015

We had an incredible time at the reception and the Waterfall team is a big reason for that. Working with them was every bride’s dream- they were so organized, timely, responsive and experienced. I never once worried about our reception and what a relief that is! They certainly have this line of business nailed down and do what they do SO well and with such professionalism and attention to detail. Working with them for the past year has been so wonderful. I worked with Bill from booking to the day of the wedding. To say that he made everything easy is an understatement. Bill went above and beyond to make sure our special day was perfect. Every message was returned, every question answered, I couldn't have asked for a more professional, talented person to work with. The Waterfall is very lucky to have Bill, if you have the chance to work with him you will see what i mean!

Additionally, their level of customer service was unparalleled- The food was incredible and all of our guests enjoyed the amazing cocktail hour and their meals thoroughly- that is not something you find at a wedding!!! I would do it all again there and would not change a thing!

The place is absolutely gorgeous, the grand ballroom is simply breathtaking, the dance floor is huge and accompanied all of our crazy dancing. The cocktail hour room and outside area are perfect. We got some wonderful pictures outside by the fountains and firewall and couldn't have been happier.

Thank you to Bill and the Waterfall for making our day simply perfect.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Katie,
    Thank you for the wonderful review and we enjoyed your wedding as much as your guests did. You have a very special family and we are honored to be part of your special day. Please reach out if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

All the Best,

Devon · Married on 05/31/2015

Our wedding at The Waterfall was everything that we dreamed it could be! The staff at The Waterfall, particularly our wedding coordinator Brett Ebling, were extremely helpful to us throughout the planning process. The money that we spent was well worth it, and all of our guests have been telling us for weeks that ours was one of the best weddings they have ever attended. I believe this is because of the exceptional food, decor, and overall vibe at The Waterfall. Everything about the rehearsal and the wedding day was perfect. I would highly recommend The Waterfall as a wedding or event venue to anyone who asks.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Hi Devon,

It was wonderful hosting your special day and I have already passed on the praise to not only Brett Ebling but the entire staff. From the entire staff of The Waterfall, we wish you all the best in your new life together.

Thanks,

Danica · Married on 05/29/2015

My wedding was absolutely perfect. The venue is incredible. The newly renovated cocktail room and outside ceremony space is amazing!!! I worked with Brett and she couldn't have made my planning and wedding day go any better!! The food is spectacular!!! I still have people commenting on our wedding about how beautiful the place was and how delicious the food was! I would HIGHLY recommend getting married at The Waterfall to all you future brides, it was exceptional! Thank you to everyone who made my day PERFECT!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Hi Danica,
    Thank you very much for your kind words and awesome review. I have already shared it with the entire team. Best of luck and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.