The Waterfall Catering & Special Events Reviews

124 | Claymont, DE

124 Reviews for The Waterfall Catering & Special Events

Andy · Married on 03/24/2018

Man i had a great time at the Waterfall. All my guess said that my wedding was the best one they ever went to. I love this place.

Sent on 03/28/2018

John · Married on 12/30/2017

Everting was abosulety amazing! Already recommend this place to friends who have their kids weddings coming up.

Sent on 01/17/2018

Aleesha · Married on 10/15/2017

The waterfall and all of their staff did an amazing job with our wedding. The assistants were awesome, the food and venue was breathtaking and things went off without a hitch!

Sent on 11/02/2017
  • Izzy

Izzy · Married on 10/09/2017

We worked with Nicole for 09 Oct 2017 wedding and she is amazing! I always wondered if people exaggerated their reviews. Nope! From the beginning, The Waterfall was fantastic. Nicole responded to all my emails and calls within 24 hours. She dealt with my OCD like a boss! I stopped by the venue at least 4 different times to test out centerpieces. Nicole was always happy to accommodate. I arranged a surprised Darth Vader visit for my husband and Nicole was great with the coordination. The food... Oh Em Gee!! You don't need a sit down with all the food from the cocktail hour. All our guests were full! Over 30 different passed hors-d'œuvres. Multiple stations (several to choose from) of food: pastas, Caribbean, carved meats, cheeses... I can't even name it all! For the dinner, guests ordered tableside which saved us from having to collect meal info beforehand. My husband is vegetarian and the chef had some wonderful options for him and not boring roasted veggies. Oh, and do yourself a favor and get the butternut squash soup as the starter. It's all sorts of fantastic! Cost is on par with similar venues like The Palace in NJ, The Merion (a sister property), and The Venetian. I love that the Waterfall hosts a max of two weddings at once. We selected the Cascade ballroom but the Grand is also beautiful. The Cascade comes with the stunning outdoor patio area. It's like an oasis back there! Location is close to major highways and hotels. The entire Waterfall was accommodating and professional. At the end of the night, they neatly packed all our things. They also set up our centerpieces for us which was super helpful. We also met one of the owners, Marcus, one day and it's clear he cares about his venue. The Waterfall renovations took it from drab to fab. Marble everywhere. Chandeliers. Waterfalls, of course. If you are looking for a venue, we recommend The Waterfall without hesitation. We love the place so much, my husand I and I are planning to return for our 1 year!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/23/2017

The Waterfall was perfect!! My husband and I just got married this Sept. They were so incredibly accommodating, and they met every one of our needs. Melinda was so great, and guided me through every step of the way. I never felt overwhelmed or stressed. They thought of everything! During the reception every single worker was extremely attentive. Seriously they brought you whatever you needed! You have your own bridal suit, which is filled with different alcohol and food from the cocktail hour. Also, if you ask they will bring you anything you want up to the bridal suit. We even had our own bridal attendant which was so great! We were in the Grand Ballroom which was the most beautiful room I have ever been in. They are able to customize so much (napkins, table cloths, lighting, food options, etc.) to make your wedding exactly what you want. We had our own private bathroom in the ballroom just for our guests, along with the bar inside as well. The cocktail hour space was breathtaking. Both inside and outside were available to us and it was so beautiful. Not only were the staff and room spectacular, the food was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! They offer you so many options for everything!!!! Over 40 hors d'oeuvres are passed around, along with different food stations! We picked pasta, pizza, southwest, mashed potato/mac n' cheese, and the street vendor station. They were all incredible!!!! Not to mention other different food options that we didn't even know about before the reception. Then came dinner which was so great! The food tasting was so much fun and they give you SO MANY options to choose from, and each entrée is incredible! Then, the best part!!! The dessert!!!! There were soo many dessert options it was inane. Most weddings you just have cake and maybe an ice cream bar. However, The Waterfall went above and beyond! I told my guests beforehand how many cocktail hour and dessert options there were going to be, however they did not expect to get what they did. Every sin

Sent on 10/20/2017
  • User7208429 · 2+ years ago

Dream come true

5 stars isn’t enough to truly define the experience I had on my wedding day at the waterfall.
    The entire staff made my whole day, seamless. I worried about nothing !
    My guests were 100% satisfied and impressed with the food selection, dessert bar, and the overall venue.
    I was assigned a wedding attendant and she was legit by my side the entire time. She took pictures on my phone, held my drink, held my lipstick and truly took care of me that night. I wasn’t expecting that level of care and personal attention and it made all the difference.
    I cannot say enough great things about my experience at the Waterfall. I am so pleased with their entire performance and they made me feel like royalty. I would recommend any couple looking for a wedding venue, to seriously consider the waterfall. They do not disappoint !

Sent on 12/24/2018

Kristy · Married on 08/26/2017

AMAZING!!! This whole place and its staff are UNBELIEVABLE! Melinda was my wedding coordinator and is the sweetest person ever!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Lindsay' · Married on 08/18/2017

We just had our wedding at The Waterfall on 8/18/17, and it was absolutely amazing! We fell in love with this place with just the very first visit, where we met one of the owners, Marcus, who is just fabulous! Our wedding coordinator was Sarah, who was the sweetest, and made everything go so smoothly! Not to mention, how incredible the food was! Every single person involved made our day the BEST! We couldn't be more impressed with how perfect everything was. We had so many amazing compliments about every single detail! We truly couldn't thank The Waterfall and staff enough for making our dream wedding a reality! Love, Mr. & Mrs. Alan Levitsky

Sent on 09/05/2017
  • W

Walter · Married on 06/25/2017

I had my wedding at the Waterfall on June 25, 2017 and it was amazing. From the moment I visited the Waterfall, I fell in love with the place. I worked with Melinda. She was very patient, fun, and very accommodating. She made suggestions and addressed all my concerns. I also loved the fact that you are able to taste everything before the day of your wedding ( considering I ate very little on the day of). But the venue provides you with an opportunity to try the cocktail stations before you select so you know what you are getting. I am from a very Caribbean family that loves spices and flavor and they all complimented my husband and I on the choice of venue. Trust me it is so worth it.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Andrea · Married on 02/18/2017

I got married at the Waterfall last month, and I don't even know where to begin on all the wonderful things I could say about this venue. Rachael was our planner, and she was truly wonderful as well! From the first moments we walked in the door to see the venue, to every perfect detail that they made come to life on our wedding night, the Waterfall was the best decision we made for our wedding! The staff was all attentive and friendly, the food was AMAZING (I am still getting compliments on how much everyone enjoyed it!), and the atmosphere that was created for our special day and night was truly unmatched. I may be biased, but it was the best wedding we've ever been to! ?? Highly Recommended!!

Sent on 03/19/2017

Khadijat · Married on 12/11/2016

Absolutely amazing first meeting to end of the event. We found the Waterfall on accident and immediately thought we couldn't afford it, but David worked with us to meet our budget by helping us find a Sunday in early December. This venue being all inclusive helps so much with planning an out of town budget wedding.

Everyone is still raving about the food! Service! Drinks! And beauty of the venue. It's gorgeous! We used the Cascade room fir our 100 guest. Our wedding attendant, Althea, was very helpful and sweet. We got married in a terribly cold day and she made sure the bride was as warm as possible! Having my coat ready between takes, asking if I was alright, and stealing me away into the warmth.

Waterfall sets up your decor for you. Offers valet and coat check services. Gives guest a midnight snack (wrapped sandwiches) as they leave your event. All smiles and all class! And multiple surprises throughout the night!!!

I'd get married here again and again without hesitation. It's worth the travel.

Sent on 12/25/2016

Ryan&Kate · Married on 11/12/2016

My husband and I had our wedding at the Waterfall on Nov. 12, 2016 and it was a truly wonderful experience. The food was delicious, the venue was gorgeous and the staff was phenomenal. We absolutely could not have asked for a better experience from our first tour to the end of the reception!! It was a perfect night!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Deborah · Married on 10/29/2016

Everything about having a wedding at the Waterfall is a wonderful experience. From the original booking, the open house invite, the tasting and the wedding day itself was absolutely stunning. They take care of everything and once you are quoted a price that is what you pay - no hidden fees. The staff and the owners cater to your every need. Our guests were delighted and so were we.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Best decision we made regarding the wedding! The venue is gorgeous, the food was delicious, and the service was top notch. Now understand this ... I think food and alcohol is the most important part of the wedding. Being a serious foodie from Philadelphia its very hard to impress me. However, The Waterfall did it! When I went to the tasting I thought the entrees were just ok but the stepped up and showed out at the wedding. People were floored by the cocktail hour food/drinks. My wedding was almost 4 months ago and people still talk about our wedding. Signature drinks were on point! They allow you to have 2 different signatures on top of their very extensive top shelf bar. Dessert stations were a huge hit. I still envision my friends father wide eyed, running around with cotton candy in both hands on the dance floor. LOL! When we originally booked we had Maggie taking care of us. A few months before the wedding we got a call saying Rachel was taking over. My initial reaction was "What?!?!?!?" I was so worried but everything was amazing. Rachel picked right up where Maggie left off without any trip ups. The only suggestion I would have it a "pay it forward" situation. I would have let a couple come to my wedding if I got to go to someone elses. I kept saying we had such an amazing time but I want to be a guest at our wedding instead of the couple getting married. So if anyone out there needs a beautiful couple to fill in for some last minute no shows just give us a call. :)

Sent on 02/26/2017

The Waterfall was amazing! The venue is beautiful!! All of the staff members were very helpful, knowledgeable and organized and went above and beyond to make our day perfect! Was able to have a stress free wedding venue experience because of how great the staff organized everything!! There was a ton of food options! All the guests had compliments on the food, venue and how smoothly everything went!!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Brittany · Married on 10/09/2016

We cannot thank The Waterfall enough for how amazing they made our special day! Every single person on their staff took the time to personally talk to me and make sure that my husband and I were well taken care of! Our event coordinator, Rachael, made us feel incredibly at ease after some unforeseen circumstances and she even made sure that my favorite food was in the bridal suite as I was getting ready! Wow! She is an incredible person and I would recommend her to anyone! David even took the time to sit with us and make sure that all of our questions were answered. I can't stress enough how comfortable everyone made us feel, which is so important during a time like this. They knew exactly what they were doing and had a plan for everything. It was a relief to know that every situation was handled, and professionally at that!
    I haven't even started about the food yet. Our guests continually told us that they couldn't believe how not only was there such a large amount of food, but everything tasted EXCELLENT! Not only that, but they also told us that it was the best wedding that they have ever been to, from the gorgeous venue, to the incredible food, to the organized and friendly staff!
    Thank you thank you thank you to everyone at the Waterfall for the perfect wedding of our dreams!!!!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Nancy · Married on 09/25/2016

I would like to preface this review stating there are not enough words to do it justice for how amazing they were to make our wedding into the most memorable day of our lives.
    The Waterfall had TWO beautifully decorated ballrooms to choose from, and a newly renovated outdoor terrace for a ceremony. The venue wasn’t the only thing that impressed us, but meeting with David (Furst) as well. From the moment he greeted us, you can sense that he was very personable, professional, experienced. As we concluded our appointment, my fiancé and I said to ourselves “Did we stumble upon a gem? How could we have not heard of this place before? Every other venue we visited after that pared in comparison to The Waterfall.
    Throughout the wedding planning process, we kept in touch with David, and bounced ideas with him on what our vision was for the day. When the big day finally came upon us, I stumbled upon David giving his staff the rundown of the schedule and their assignments. It was evident throughout the evening that The Waterfall worked as a cohesive unit to make the evening a success. Not only did David get his team aligned, but he also worked with our other vendors (DJ/MC, Photo/Videography, Photo Booth) to ensure a seamless transition from ceremony procession through all the reception activities. Lastly, all of the staff were friendly, attentive and efficient, and we only wish we had a chance to thank each of them individually. We specifically would like to thank our bridal attendant MonJay, our captain Lakira, and our Matre’D DeNeen for all their support throughout the day.
    I hope as you read this review and are considering The Waterfall for your wedding day that you can see how appreciative we are to their team. We have attended almost two dozen weddings in the past 2 years, so our expectations were high – but The Waterfall far exceeded them.
    The Waterfall. David. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
    P.S. Food was abundant and amazing! Select the Caribbean Station

Sent on 10/06/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/18/2016

My now husband and I looked at the Waterfall almost two years ago, the cocktail room and outdoor facility was not yet built but they had drawings of what they planned to design it like and fast forward to this year, it looked exactly like the picture! It is incredible how fast they build and it really came out beautiful. While booking, The Waterfall staff was extremely accommodating to our request and very flexible. It was a no brainier, we knew this is where we wanted to get married instantly. The venue itself is absolutely breathtaking and something very different than the rest. We got married on 9.18 and the everything went as planned without a glitch. We had a bridal attendant named MonJay who was absolutely fabulous, She was attentive to me and the bridal party all night, if I needed anything, she was there and took care of the request in a flash. I was very happy to have her day of because she really helped us out a ton. The General Manager David and Melinda, our event specialist were amazing. They really listened to my requests and made sure it happened, no questions asked. They really made the day happen and they were a pleasure to work with. The food is like no other, our guests are still raving about it. The cocktail hour alone could feed a small army, with so much variety and 32 butlered hors d'oeuvres to go along with it. The bar was top shelf and open bar which is a huge perk. The entrees and the wait staff took orders table side and almost every table had a person catering to them. They also had snacks at the front door for guests as they departed, which was unexpected and a perfect addition. All and all, our wedding was everything we dreamed of but what really made it was the venue and the incredible staff. Thank you to everyone who made it the best day of our lives. -Sal and Amanda

Sent on 10/02/2016

diana · Married on 08/28/2016

From the moment my wife and I stepped inside the foyer of the The Waterfall, we knew this was the place where our lives would change forever, and we wanted to share with family and friends. The WaterFall is AWESOME. They were so accommodating, respectful, and catered to our every need. Melinda Wentz was our coordinator and she was phenomenal to work with. Dave the GM, and Kevin the maître D really made us feel at ease. Even one of the owners was there and very involved making sure everything was to our likening. We're still getting a plethora of calls from guest about the great time they had and how great the food was. I literally have not stop thinking and smiling about that day. Trust me, your picking an amazing place to get married! Wedding 8.28.16

Sent on 09/03/2016

Coura · Married on 08/14/2016

Everything went great, from the big details such as the decorations to the small details such as making sure that us and our bridal party was feed. Our guest are still raving about how wonderful and well organized our wedding was. We are still amazed at how good the Hibiscus Juice and Ginger Juice tasted. That was a special piece from our culture that was made flawlessly by the waterfall. I would recommend the venue to everyone looking for a great place to have their wedding or any other event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/22/2016
  • O

Olamide · Married on 08/13/2016

I had to privilege of planning a 40th birthday party at the Waterfalls, the entire experience was best in class! I enjoyed working with everyone and hope I get to plan another event soon at The Waterfalls! The staff went above and beyond and my clients were overjoyed with their exceptional service!

Sent on 08/14/2016

T. · Married on 08/13/2016

While I was extremely appreciative of what The Waterfall offered for my 40th birthday last August (2016), I am not one to write reviews (I’m so bad!). I felt compelled to write this one since my family and friends have not stopped talking about my party, four months later. To start with, the choice was between Dupont Country Club and The Waterfalls since both have a great ambience. We decided to go with The Waterfalls because in addition to its ambience, it also had great reviews for its food.

Well, best decision ever. The process was seamless from beginning to the end. Our planner Melinda was personable, with a sweet spirit and very helpful, never too busy to answer our questions and she offered helpful insights. On the day, the ambience was beautiful. We are not Americans and the Waterfalls researched and served the most popular dish from my country. That was the first surprise! It was delicious. During the course of the party, the staff presented us with another surprise! It was a nice thoughtful detail that was appreciated by everyone present, and guests immediately whipped out their phones to record the moment.

The food and drinks were flowing in abundance, each dish was delicious and presentation was very classy! The wait staff was nice and very well dressed. The ambience made our pictures look great. Folks who attended and even those who only saw the pictures on social media still comment on how classy the party was/ seemed. But more importantly, I had such a great time; I was so relaxed as though I was attending someone else’s party, since The Waterfall staff had things under control. My husband, a worrier, had the time of his life, and did not have to worry about a thing. If you are particular about great food, a classy ambience and love to be treated right, then you’d love this venue for your special occasion.

Sent on 01/05/2017

Bekki · Married on 08/07/2016

Best. venue. ever. Try to imagine a wedding full of endless possibility, everything you'd ever want and more, and you'll find it right here. I had never heard of the Waterfall until I started going to bridal shows. It was the 9th & last venue that I looked at. The first time I walked into the main lobby I thought I was in some castle in a different country or a fairy tale. When I toured the ballrooms, cocktail hour room & outdoor space I was absolutely blown away - there is NO WHERE in the surrounding area or probably even anywhere close that is comparable. The whole time I just couldn't believe it was real because of how beautiful it truly is. And then they sit you down and go over everything that is included in their package. This is the part where I was saying imagine anything and you shall receive. I'd be sitting here typing all day if I went over everything so all I can say is that guest after guest kept coming up to me and saying mainly these 3 things - The food is amazing, this venue is amazing & I've never been to a wedding like this before. We had an amazing night that no one will forget. David & the staff was very professional, very kind & very organized. I wasn't worried about the timeline of the night, not even once!! which is how it should be, but it says a lot if you know me. I'd 110% recommend this venue or at least going and checking it out.

Sent on 08/11/2016

Robert · Married on 07/22/2016

Absolutely fantastic! The staff at the Waterfall went above and beyond our expectations. My daughter's wedding and the celebration afterwards was outstanding in every way. Everything from the bridal suite fully stocked with food and drinks, the beautiful gardens, elegant cocktail hour and exquisite dinner party all with very attentive bartenders and servers. What a great day! Thanks for making our wedding so perfect.

Sent on 07/27/2016

Natina · Married on 06/24/2016

We had our son's and new daughter-in-law wedding here on Friday June 24, 2016. It was absolutely "AMAZING" from start to finish. The weather turned out perfect, the ceremony outside was beautiful, the cocktail hour was so much food, our guest thought that was the dinner, the Cascade room was simply stunning, the food was sooooooo good, everything was delicious, the dessert room, OMG!!!! can you say everything and then some, the guest are still calling and raving about it. The staff especially Kevin was amazing. I know amazing is a strong word, but there are no other adjectives to describe the level of service and commitment Waterfalls gave to us. They made everyone feel so special, you asked and the delivered. My daughter-in-law wants to do a "Do Over", they said it was such a perfect day and night for them. Thank you for everything!!! #bestweddingever!!!!

Sent on 06/29/2016