The Water Club Reviews

The Water Club 2
The Water Club 3
The Water Club 4
The Water Club 5

Our Summer wedding at the Water Club was perfection! I can't rave enough about Chelsea, she was amazing in every way starting from the date of interest to the date of the wedding. She was so nice, so knowledgeable and offered great ideas. The cocktail hour was outstanding inclusive of the specialty signature drink, top notch choices, raw bar and delicious appetizers served. The room (lower barge) was gorgeously transformed and you can't get better than their river view. The dinner was both delicious and beautifully presented. The service was impeccable with the staff being super friendly and professional. Our guests complimented us on the food, service and ambiance: we heard "the best wedding ever" multiple times during and after the wedding. I highly recommend The Water Club it's worth every cent "correction" big buck spent.

Sent on 07/29/2016

Demetra · Married on 06/25/2016

The Water Club is amazing. We had a beautiful, fun, and delicious wedding there this June and would recommend it highly to anyone looking for a great spot. Chelsea and her team are amazing, the food and service were spectacular, and the views, well you can NOT do better.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Serafina · Married on 08/29/2015

This venue was AMAZING. I already can't wait to have every anniversary dinner there! =).
    1. Money: for Manhattan on the water on a Saturday evening at the end of August, I don't think you can get anything better. Everyone was so happy with the location - our Manhattan friends were so pleased that they wouldn't have to figure out a way to get out somewhere in Long Island and then have to rent a hotel room. And so convenient that we were able to drop by and see the place and discuss the various wedding details whenever we wanted without it being a whole trip somewhere.
    2. Food: people have been telling me that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. I agree. I refused to skip cocktail hour so I can get some hors d'oeuvres. The food was SO good, and so many menu options, too. And of course open bar. The most important thing for guests. They had a great selection of premium booze.
    3. Atmosphere: incredible. On the water, with huge windows showing all the blue and the lights everywhere reflecting on the water. Indoors they had these little white lights on the ceiling that made everything look so romantic, and minimalist enough decorations that you don't have to fit into the venue's theme - anything you do there will work. Also the downstairs was just perfect for the number of people we had (105), and the outdoor deck during the cocktail hour was great on a warm summer's evening.
    4. Joanne. The coordinator at the venue, Joanne O'Connor, is just incredible. From day one she was on top of everything. She let us have anything we wanted to put our own special touches into the wedding with absolutely no problem. And she did so much for us the day of the wedding that I, who have control issues and was very concerned about all the little things that needed to come together, was able to let go and enjoy myself. I don't have enough space to write more but I could write another three paragraphs about how easy she made everything for me.

Sent on 09/01/2015

The Water Club's reply:

Hi Serafina.

Thank you SO much for your kind review! We are so happy to have been apart of your big day.

Thank you again!
    Joanne & Your Friends at The Water Club

Charles · Married on 08/09/2015

First Class all the way. Chelsea and Javier the manager are extremely professional and really good at what they do. Their staff is really experienced, professional and incredibly nice. The food is top shelf and very good and the place is just really special. Their pricing is very reasonable, particularly with the quality level of food and service and venue you get.

Sent on 09/02/2015

Christina · Married on 05/20/2015

I can't say enough positive things about the Water Club, it truly is a NYC gem. The Water Club provides a classically elegant atmosphere and dinning experience on the East River in Manhattan.

My husband and I were lucky enough to have our May wedding at the Water Club. Our guests are still raving about the venue and the food, and lets not forget the beautiful views that wow during the day and sparkle at night. We wanted a wedding that was romantic, classy, elegant, and with just the right amount of city and on the water feel. The Water Club exceeded all of our expectations.

Planning with Joanne was a breeze. She was always enjoyable to meet with, and fun to talk to (she used to run Delmonico's in the 80's so we knew we had one of the very best venue coordinators in the city). Joanne was enthusiastic about all of our plans and made us feel very special, which is amazingly rare in the wedding industry.

Joanne worked with our vendors and bridesmaids to make sure things ran seamlessly, and the room looked like our vision.

The maître d' on the day of our wedding was superb and accommodated my husband and I continuously, and made sure the butlers got passed hors-d'oeuvres to me (which if you have had a wedding before you understand that the Bride and Groom usually do not get a chance to eat much of their food).

The food was delicious and the open bar provided lots of options (including some fantastic Old Fashioned cocktails). So many guests told us they had never been to a wedding with such great food. This is one of the benefits of having your wedding in one of NYC's best restaurants.

If you are able to have your wedding at the Water Club, do not pass up the opportunity. They made our wedding day better than we ever could have imagined. Plus, we now have a special and extremely romantic restaurant to celebrate anniversaries and special occasions.

Sent on 11/17/2015

I could not have asked for a more beautiful wedding! I was looking for a venue that was elegant and had a classic New York feel, but not stuffy and the Water Club exceeded all expectations. We worked with Joann who was fantastic!! She is so enthusiastic about what she does, and works hard to make everything exactly how you want it.

We were married in the upstairs room, and then had the cocktails and dinner in the River Room downstairs. It was the perfect set up for our 50 guests.

Our guests commented all night about the beautiful views, the impeccable service, and how fantastic the food was from the cocktail hour to the sorbet they served for dessert along with our cake. I would 100% recommend the Water Club!!

Sent on 02/11/2015
  • Jenn Shafran

Jennifer · Married on 07/26/2014

For anyone who's been to The Water Club right on the East River in Manhattan - for a wedding, for dinner, even to the Crow's Nest upstairs for a casual drink - I think it goes without saying that this is one of the most beautiful, fantastic, most delicious of locations in all of New York City. BUT... I'll say it anyway!!

If you're looking for a classic, beautiful, elegant, memorable, city-on-the-water wedding, where all of your guests are fed the most exquisite food, treated to the most beautiful and iconic views New York has to offer, and provided such professional service they rant and rave about it for weeks, you must book The Water Club. Our wedding was my dream and beyond, but my guests, too, can't stop talking about it!!! One of my guests said "my filet mignon was so tender I skipped the steak knife and used my butter knife!" Another of my guests, a professional chef, remarked that the quality was that of a fine, restaurant, served beautifully and impeccably.

The photos on social media from my guests of themselves against the water and iconic Coca Cola sign in Queens were abundant - it was more than clear that the vistas charmed all 130 of our guests.

WeddingWire won't let me write more, so please click here to read the rest of my review: http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-water-club-new-york?hrid=aaCP8kmOh9bsuLZ-NMbI-w

Sent on 08/05/2014
  • F

Francesca · Married on 09/14/2013

Our wedding on September 14th was held at The Water Club. Our wedding coordinator was Lacy. Words can't begin to describe how wonderful she was. From day one, she was friendly and professional. She met with us, gave us suggestions, responded to every email and I know we sent a lot. On the day of the wedding, she coordinated everything so perfectly that even our friends and family are still talking about it. She completely took away the stress of planning a wedding and for that, my husband and I are truly grateful. This place is amazing and if anyone is looking for an elegant place to get married at an affordable price in NYC, don't hesitate to have it here. Besides Lacy being amazing, the whole entire staff at The Water Club are great and they all helped make our day memorable. We absolutely loved it and had the time of our lives.

Mr. & Mrs. Reyes

Sent on 10/04/2013

Joanne made planning so easy and The Water Club was professional in every way...beautiful location, great food and a good time was had by all!

Sent on 06/09/2013

Tammy · Married on 03/23/2013

We loved loved loved having our wedding at the Water Club. The restaurant was closed because of damage from sandy and so we did have concerns about how they would fair with a private event. We met with Joanne and she made sure everything was perfect from soup to nuts,
    The food was outstanding and the cake was the best wedding cake that I have ever had, I wish they had a bakery, because I would go every week. The service was impeccable! And the views, well we were lucky to watch the sunset - and there is nothing greater than being on the water. I would highly recommend!!

Sent on 03/28/2013

Christopher · Married on 09/22/2012

From the first interview, up to and including the wedding, this place was a hit. The setting is awesome. The staff was helpful and friendly. The food was terrific. The value was exceptional. The house florist Jonathan did a fantastic job. Everyone had fun and it was a very successful wedding.

Sent on 10/21/2012

Kevin · Married on 09/02/2012

It was EVERYTHING we wanted in a venue...perfection!

Sent on 12/17/2012

Laura · Married on 04/14/2018

ALYSON IS AMAZING!!! Can't say enough good things about her. We were so happy with how our engagement party turned out. Thank you!

Sent on 08/14/2017

We had our wedding at the Water Club in the smaller room on the 2d floor. I was worried that it will be too crowded for our party of 55 guests but it was perfect. Everything was lovely, the fire place looked great, the service and food were outstanding. I was a little disappointed by the h'orderves but it could be because I had extremely high expectations of them based on description. Appetizer, main course and dessert were impeccable. The planners Joanne and Chelsea were professional and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend this place especially to couples who want to have a small wedding (they can accommodate a larger party but in a different room) as the price is very reasonable, there is no guest minimum or rent fee.

Sent on 11/04/2015

Maureen · Married on 04/20/2013

The River Room at the Water Club is one of the most beautiful venues in Manhattan for a wedding reception. I loved it from the moment I first saw it. I am so glad that my husband and I chose to have my wedding there. In addition to the amazing view and atmosphere, the food was spectacular.

Joanne was a pleasure to work with and worked very hard from the start to ensure that we had the most perfect day. The Water Club was badly damaged by Hurricane Sandy and for some time there was a question of whether or not the room would be ready in time for the wedding. We are so appreciative to everyone there for making it happen.

Sent on 06/02/2013

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2019

3.0

Lovely Wedding at The Water Club

Having our wedding at The Water Club was a great experience that I would recommend to anyone looking for an authentic New York City wedding experience. Alyson Pike was very kind and helpful throughout the whole process. We had a great time!

Sent on 11/13/2019