The Washington at Historic Yellow Springs Reviews

57 | Chester Springs, PA

57 Reviews for The Washington at Historic Yellow Springs

Marshall · Married on 11/02/2013

We loved having our wedding at the Washington. The only snag was insurance which we figured out. It would have been helpful to understand that better in the beginning but again it worked out fine. Callie was great and the venue was very flexible with everything we wanted to do! I'd recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Janelle · Married on 10/28/2018

Wedding Dream Come True!

We had a wonderful wedding at the Washington at Historic Yellow Springs on 10/28/18 and I'm glad that we found the venue after researching dozens of other places. We worked with Caitlin and she was fantastic, and while she was unavailable for our actual wedding day, Beatrice was a great substitute. The space is beautiful and so charming. We had our first look in the ruins and our ceremony in the garden space. Due to the rain the night before, I was nervous that we'd have to use the backup indoor space, but we lucked out and had a beautiful wedding outdoors! Since the weather was chilly, our cocktail hour was held n the brick room. Folks were encouraged to enjoy the grounds. The reception area was lovely with plenty of space for our 70 guests. Our guests raved about the venue and we will never forget this special day!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Yellow Springs was exactly what we were looking for. It is set in a beautiful, serene location with amazing property and surroundings. The historic qualities of the venue made the entire night feel so cozy, intimate and romantic. The wedding coordinator at the venue (Alexandria Proko) did a fantanstic job from start to finish. She was timely in her responses to phone calls and emails, accomodated everything that we had requested and made sure the day went as seamless as possible. Everything about this venue was just perfect!

Sent on 03/25/2015

Annaliese · Married on 07/08/2016

3.5

Beautiful location, amazing place to have an outdoor wedding!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Anna · Married on 09/04/2016

Fantastic wedding venue! I would opt for the extra hour of time...they day goes by so fast! Brittany Burrows is a lovely event coordinator. I would also recommend the preferred caterer, Jim Duffy's, the food was amazing! The entire staff was professional and accommodating. Have your wedding here and it will be a fabulous day to remember.

Sent on 12/19/2016

The Washington at Historic Yellow Springs's reply:

Thank you for your positive feedback, Anna! Happy Holidays!

3.0

The Washington at Historic Yellow Springs is stunning. Truly beautiful. There are beautiful grounds outdoors, the reception area is lovely, and the ceremony inside is also great. When we were looking for venues, it was important to us to have a good indoor option if it rained. And the building has a really interesting history. The only issue with the space is that the coordinator that comes with the venue is not very helpful. If you choose Yellow Springs as your wedding venue, I would probably hire a wedding coordinator for the day of your wedding.

Sent on 10/15/2015

The Washington at Historic Yellow Springs's reply:

Thank you for your review. We apologize for any issues you encountered with our coordinator, but are pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall experience at The Washington.

B · Married on 05/27/2012

3.2
      1.0
      3.5

I was the wedding coordinator for a wedding at Yellow Springs. I will say that the wedding went great. Things looked wonderful and everything went off without a hitch the day of the wedding. But that is thanks to the wonderful caterer (Triple Fresh) that was booked, as well as other outside vendors, including myself, for set-up of wedding decor. Leading up to the wedding my clients were promised the site would be ready by a certain date and on our walk through on Monday (the wedding was on Sunday) the bathrooms were incomplete and the kitchen had no appliances. We also had to bargain a bit to allow the bridal couple to leave some items at the venue for the next day (primarily the alcohol) even though the venue was not being used the prior day and it would be in a place that needed no further renovations. I was a bit disappointed that they failed to get much of those details in writing as many things they had promised my clients were confirmed via e-mail but then were not followed through with on their end. I was pleased that the wedding reception was successful but the stress leading up to it was a bit much. I do not think I would suggest this as a venue to future clients.

Sent on 05/31/2012

The Washington at Historic Yellow Springs's reply:

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for any added stress we caused you through your wedding planning process. We assure you that our renovations are now complete and in the future we strive to be as accommodating and helpful as possible. We hope we can work with you again in the future.

Thanks, The Washington at Historic Yellow Springs