The Waldron Photograph Co. Reviews

50 | Mission, KS

50 Reviews for The Waldron Photograph Co.

The Waldron Photograph Co. 1
The Waldron Photograph Co. 2
The Waldron Photograph Co. 3
The Waldron Photograph Co. 4
The Waldron Photograph Co. 5
The Waldron Photograph Co. 6
The Waldron Photograph Co. 7

Rusty was one of the best parts of our wedding weekend! Always a pleasure to interact with, he was creative, professional, and most importantly, captured so many beautiful moments from our wedding that we'll treasure forever. Our families are thrilled with the photos too. Rusty had several great tricks to making photos look natural and spontaneous and provided perfectly useful direction for the portraits when needed. He also did an excellent job designing books to give to our parents as gifts. I'd give him 6/5 stars if I could and would highly HIGHLY recommend him to anyone in the KC area looking for a photographer.

Sent on 02/11/2015

Katey · Married on 09/06/2014

Rusty, the owner of Waldron Photography, was by far the best choice we made during our wedding planning. Rusty is friendly, listens, is attentive to detail, and last but not least incredibly talented. From our engagement portraits to our wedding photos my husband and I were both given countless complements on how beautiful the photography was in each of our pictures. Rusty was beyond helpful with every detail and listened to what we wanted as a couple. He went above and beyond anything I could have imagined for my wedding pictures, and I am grateful to have those moments captured. My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Rusty and Waldron Photography.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Heather · Married on 08/30/2014

My husband and I are so blessed to have found rusty for not only our engagment photos but our wedding photos too. Rusty was fantastic, not only in quality of work but also as a genuine soul for one of the most important days of our lives. We loved Rusty's energy and positivity- My husband is not the photogenic type and is not a fan of getting his picture taken. He was able to feel relaxed and himself on our wedding day. Rusty just blended in with him as if one of the guys while remaining professional. THIS WAS HUGE~! I have some of the best -most genuine pictures of my husband that I don't think I would ever have if he wasn't comfortable with rusty around. I recommend rusty to everyone I know needing a photographer. I am a huge fan of his work and will continue to use his services for more pivotal life experiences.
    BOOK HIM!

Sent on 12/10/2014

Alyson · Married on 07/26/2014

Rusty went above and beyond as a photographer. He was not only committed to capturing the day for us but also to ensure the day went smoothly. Even before we hired him, he was giving us vendor recommendations of people he had worked with previously. He sat down with us a few times before the wedding to ensure we got what we wanted out of the pictures. On the day of the wedding he asked if he could help with anything, he even carried my flowers for me when we were hiking to go take pictures. We could tell he truly cared about us as a couple and the pictures were out of this world.

Sent on 10/17/2014

Megan · Married on 07/13/2014

Chances are, your wedding pictures will out live you. So why take only the traditional pictures without ever capturing moments, little things, and details that will immediately take someone back to that moment in time? That's the Waldron specialty! Rusty and his wife Lizzie are in creditable in telling a story through pictures. My wife and I searched and interview photographers from California to NYC and couldn't find anyone's work that we felt in love with like Rusty, so we flew them 3000 miles to our wedding!
    His humble personality and his ability to be a "fly on the wall" helped him take some amazing pictures! Many of our guests later commented as to how friendly and precise they were.
    And of course... there were some of the timeless traditional shots as well.
    We LOVED our experience and would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone! Seriously! Call them up, visit their studio, check out their site, and I bet that you'll love them too.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Taylore · Married on 06/21/2014

There's not anything bad that I can say about my good friend, Rusty. He is wonderful. After talking to several photographers, we couldn't NOT go with him. His pictures are so great and he strives to make a personal connection with each bride and groom he works with. We loved having him around and we are so fortunate to now be great friends! He's not just a vendor; he's an awesome friend :)

Sent on 07/08/2014

Jared · Married on 10/19/2013

Waldron was nothing short of perfect.

Creative, professional and easy to work with, Rusty was spectacular to work with.

My fiance and I felt comfortable the entire time through our engagement pictures and wedding photos.

We were picky on some of our "wants" for our engagement photos and Rusty never batted an eye and made sure to give us what we wanted. Not only that, but he over-delivered, making them even better than we could've imagined.

I would highly recommend Waldron for all of your wedding needs. You'll be glad you hired him.

Sent on 11/10/2013

Lindsay · Married on 08/11/2012

Rusty bent over backwards to photograph all our wedding events. For the one event he couldn't attend, he sent his skilled and gifted assistant and she did a beautiful job as well. Rusty felt like a member of the family. He met with me several times in person and over email (does that count as meeting?) due to my long distance planning (I live in Brooklyn, NY, but the wedding was in Lawrence, KS!).

My now spouse and I are not photo people. We shy from the camera and were reluctant to hire a traditional portrait-style photographer. Instead, we got Rusty! Rusty put us at ease, taking a ton of candids and coming up with creative ideas for portraits. He made sure we got all the photos we asked for (several family-style portraits for unable-to-attend relatives) and more.

Rusty pays attention to detail and somehow manages to capture the big picture at the same time. We received our photos back promptly and was able to construct a gorgeous album that told the entire story of our wedding.

I cannot recommend Rusty enough for his care, effort, and incredible photographer's eye.

Sent on 01/22/2013

Rusty was incredibly organized, professional, quick to communicate and exceeded our expectations for quality and lovely photographs. We had special requests and he was happy to take in every detail we wanted. Absolutely a wonderful photographer and will be singing his praises for years to come every time we look through our photos!

Sent on 01/04/2013

Stephanie · Married on 04/28/2012

Rusty was awesome! We received amazing pictures and enjoyed our time with him. His photography style is amazing and he did a great job of capturing what we were looking for.

Sent on 02/18/2013

Rusty was just wonderful. He was incredibly helpful pre-wedding in the planning of the day and helped us choose what we wanted to focus on. He was available and flexible before the wedding as well as the day of. He was able to get us through pictures easily and hassle free but with a fabulous product. His easy going attitude was a wonderful thing to have and we loved working with him.

Sent on 01/03/2013

Lauren · Married on 03/24/2012

We could not be more please with the quality and quantity of photos Rusty gave us. He made both our engagement shoot and our wedding day very special days and captured very candid moments that mean so much to us. Rusty will be our photographer from here on out!

Sent on 01/02/2013

Anna · Married on 12/30/2011

Having Rusty do our wedding photography was one of the best decisions we made the planning process. He did both our engagement and wedding photos and I could not be more pleased with how they turned out. He asked so many great questions about how I wanted things to go and turn out so it gave me so much confidence on the day of the wedding that I didn't have to worry about anything. Beyond his amazing eye and artistic talent Rusty had the perfect combination of the approachable attitude, but could command people when they needed direction. I am convinced that Rusty can't take a bad photo and I love that they help bring back the amazing memories of the day. I would recommend him for to anyone in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/08/2012

Erica · Married on 05/14/2011

Rusty was so relaxed and easy to work with! A friend recommended him to us so we had seen Rusty's style and knew that was what we were looking for. He sat down with us before hand to talk about what kind of pictures we wanted, what was important to capture and who was most important to us.

Rusty was punctual and professional. He caught all the great moments plus so much more. His pictures are great with a unique since of style to them that holds them apart from many other photographers. I would recommend Rusty to anyone looking for some great pictures!

Sent on 02/24/2012

Jacinta · Married on 11/26/2010

If you are looking for a photographer then look no further because Rusty is the one. He's extremely easy to work with, very patient, and just an all-around good guy. He'll capture your moments in a professional yet artistic way that you'll love!

Sent on 01/05/2012

Laura · Married on 10/09/2010

I cannot say enough good things about Rusty. Not only us he a phenomenal photographer but he is a joy to know and work with! The last thing you want to be is stressed on your wedding day and worried about your pictures. With Rusty - I didn't worry for a second. He was amazing and the pictures he took were exactly what my husband and I had been hoping for. He has such a unique style and a great eye. Not to mention he is a great value! We couldn't have been happier. In fact, we love his work so much he is going to take pictures of our newest addition to the family - our baby boy! Rusty will be our photographer of choice for all life's milestones.

Sent on 04/06/2011

John · Married on 09/25/2010

My wife and I were incredibly pleased with Rusty's work. His approach to taking pictures was so candid. If you want really brilliant photos of your big day without having to put up with the endless barrage of cheek-to-cheek cheesy poses with every combination of family members possible, Rusty is your man. When we went through the proofs, we couldn't believe how great they were. "I don't even remember seeing him take these!" was often our response. He was also very responsive to our requests, and he worked with our budget. The period of time between when he put some proofs on his website and when we actually got our data disc of photos was a little longer than we thought it would be, but it was still worth the wait. Rusty gave us un-edited digital files of every picture he took in a very charming album, and a complete separate file of pictures that were very tastefully edited. Rusty seems to take a lot of pride in his work, too, since he offered to do any matting and framing that we would want himself.

Overall, we couldn't have been happier about our wedding pictures. I'd recommend Rusty to just about anybody. Unless, of course, getting overcharged by boring photographers is what you have in mind.

Sent on 02/21/2011

Audrey · Married on 09/18/2010

I would recommend RJ Stills to anyone.

Rusty is very professional, kind, reliable, fun, creative and flat out takes AMAZING photographs. The engagement and wedding photos he took for us were even featured on numerous bridal blogs.

Book him...you won't be disappointed. Promise.

Sent on 02/18/2011

Kacie · Married on 07/09/2010

I have had so many compliments on my wedding pictures and everyone wants to know WHO my photographer was. Rusty did an amazing job of capturing just what I was looking for in my wedding pictures. The cost for the entire day was an excellent value. Having access to a CD with all the pictures and tiny details of that day is priceless. If you are looking for an amazing deal and even better photographer Rusty is the guy for you. He is so laid back yet still serious and professional about his work.

Sent on 02/21/2011

Jeff · Married on 05/22/2010

My wife came to me when we were planning our wedding and said "I really want you to meet this photographer mom and I met with. He is a really nice guy." I then asked "well how is his work?" My wife replied with "He is just getting started and has a couple of shoots on his website. He was such a nice guy." I couldnt help but be the skeptical snob of a graphic designer that I am and said "honey, we need an awesome photographer to document one of the major memories of our life. We are in no need of a drinking buddy." My wife felt good about the work she had seen and I trust her judgement. We met with Rusty and decided to take his full engagement and wedding photo package, his plan had already set in. He was well prepared with a variety of lenses to create several dazzling effects. He had done his research around town and found many locations that created perfect drama to every shot. Needless to say I had my doors blown off. The photos that Rusty took for us will be cherished for the rest of our lives. He was right there through the whole ordeal and captured every beautiful moment. When we received the photos and were extremely happy with what we now had, my wife began to cry and I said "he is such a nice guy" Rusty is that awesome photographer to document one of the major memories of your life.

Sent on 02/23/2011

Brianne · Married on 05/22/2010

I have known Rusty personally since high school. Rusty happened to send out a message via Facebook announcing that he was starting a professional photography service, and since I had recently just gotten engaged I checked his stuff out. Since he was new to the "business" he didn't have a lot of photos, and he had only done one wedding, but you could tell from the limited portfolio that his work was good. My mother and I met with him, and within the first few minutes our meeting I knew he was exactly the type of photographer my husband and I were wanting for our wedding; focusing on more candid, artistic phots that the old fashioned "point, smile, shoot." My mother, of course was also looking as cost - and Rusty was a steal in comparison to other photographers I had been looking into to get the exact same type of photos.

Flash forward about 9 months, and we had our engagement photos taken. We went to three locations over the span of about 3 hours. Hands down, they were the most amazing pictures I have ever had taken in my life. I cried when I saw them posted on his blog!!! I couldn't believe that my future husband and I were the focal point of these beautiful photographs.

My husband and I live in Houston TX, so we did a lot of discussing things with Rusty via email. He responded usually within 1-2 days and paid attention to a lot of detail both in his questions and answers. I had no problem getting what we wanted across to him, and he had no problem explaining to me how we could get it.

Rusty did not dissappoint with our wedding pictures either. Since photos were extremely important to us, we bought the all inclusive package for the day (again -a STEAL!). Rusty was with us from 10am to almost 11pm taking photographs. He was extremely professional during the whole time, but he was also a lot of fun to have around. Many times, I didn't even see him working and I found so many pictures later going "when did he take that one?!?!" I had numerous compliements from guests at our wedding about how nice/professional he was and our bridal party simply loved him. The photos we received via disc were simply divine, and almost a year post-wedding I still find myself awe-struck that these are the photographs we are blessed to cherish.

As a former bride, I know how overwhelming planning all the details can be. Rusty made the photography aspect a breeze, and it was so reassuring to know that that part of it all (which my husband I considered the most important part) was completly taken care of. I did not stress once about our pictures. Rusty was hands down AMAZING. I know that even though we live in TX, my husband and I will have no issues making the 12 hours drive to do future work with him for other milestones that will come up (i.e. maternity and baby photos). What's also great is that we didn't just get a "wedding photographer" through it all, we also got a new friend.

You can not go wrong with RJStills and Rusty Wright.

Sent on 02/28/2011

Carl · Married on 05/15/2010

Rusty was so easy to work with. He even travelled down to Oklahoma for our wedding. He made the family and wedding party photo time fun and laid back. Rusty has an eye for catching the common snapshot and making it extaordinary and creative. I would recommend RJStills to all of my friends and family. Thank you Rusty!

Sent on 04/08/2011

Kathleen · Married on 03/07/2010

If you are looking for a quality, professional photographer and prefer candid looking but beautiful pictures, RJStills photography is for you. My husband and I got married in March of 2010 and Rusty made the pictorial process fun and easy. Although he loved getting input from us about shots we wanted, he was able suggest poses that we didn't think of. Even better, he didn't subject us to hours of family portraits that we didn't want. He let us decide which staged photos of the fam we wanted. The prints are just beautiful. He knows how to work with any lighting and created unique shots. Rusty made us (and the somewhat bleak March landscape) look goood. When I had to reschedule our meeting last minute, Rusty was flexible and understanding. You will not find a more talented photographer no matter the cost! I would recommend Rusty to anyone getting married and plan to use him again when our baby is born in August.

Sent on 04/06/2011

CHRISTINE · Married on 02/14/2010

The pictures Rusty took of our wedding were simply awesome! We love them! He did a great job! Everyone asks us who took the pictures because they are not the usual wedding pics. He captured our day in a special way that was unique for us.

Sent on 02/23/2011

Natalie · Married on 08/06/2016

2.5

We had Stephen with the Waldron shoot our wedding. The day of he was great! Made us all feel relaxed, everything ran on time, and he was great to work with. The photos we have seen so far are so great! He is a true artist.

Sent on 08/20/2016