The Tropical Travelers Reviews

The Tropical Travelers 5
The Tropical Travelers 6
The Tropical Travelers 7

Regina · Married on 05/16/2015

Denise was amazing! She gave us the perfect recommendation for an incredible resort within our budget (Secrets Maroma Beach - Riviera Maya - absolutely amazing) and everything was done conveniently over email! Our travel documents were sent to us in a package and were extremely easy to understand - we were even given advice on how to avoid airport timeshare people! We could not have asked for a better experience and will definitely be using them in the future.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Lyndsay · Married on 10/18/2014

Jennifer was a gem to work with! She helped us pick the perfect location for our honeymoon, and boy was she on point! Very friendly, quick to respond and will make sure you have a unforgettable trip! Tropical Travelers went above and beyond to ensure we were well taken care of after there was a small issue with our room at the hotel (water came into our room twice after a 2 day tropical storm). I HIGHLY recommend using Tropical Travelers for any vacation but especially your honeymoon

Sent on 10/28/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/04/2014

Jenn Carr from Tropical Travelers was amazing! She helped us pick the perfect location for our honeymoon - Secrets Maroma!! Her attention to every detail made our trip perfect...from transportation to and from the airport, our room with a perfect view, our personal concierge, spa extras...the list goes on and on!!! She made the whole process stress free. Thanks for an amazing honeymoon Jenn!!
    -Kevin & Jen Shannon

Sent on 11/23/2015

Annie · Married on 09/20/2014

I cannot begin to tell you how much my fiance and I LOVED working with Denise Perkins from Tropical Travelers for our honeymoon! Denise was so in tune with our wants and needs and was prompt in returning my every email.

First of all, the Secrets St. James resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica that Denise recommended was absolutely the most beautiful place we had both ever been. The scenery from the moment flew over the bright blue water was stunning and only continued to get better as our airplane landed and our trip went on.

The transfer company that Denise set up for us was phenomenal! We had a nice, clean, private car and a wonderful driver who offered us a drink as soon as we got in the car. He was such a sweet man and I knew right from then that we were also going to love the people of Jamaica. That feeling only became more prevalent when we realized everyone we came across during our entire trip was so warm, friendly, and genuinely caring.

When we got to the hotel, the bell man welcomed us excitedly and made us feel right at home and the woman we check in with upgraded our room just because we were early and couldn't check in for another 2 hours! We would've waited all day, just gotten some lunch and hung around the hotel, and not have cared one bit, but the staff was so amazingly over-accommodating - we couldn't believe it!

When we did get into the room, we were stunned with how beautiful it was. It was spotless, spacious, had balcony view of the pool and ocean, and the set up was to die for! The service at Secrets was over the top excellent in every aspect. Every restaurant had unbelievable food and there was never a wait to be seated or get your meal!

All in all, Denise planned the perfect vacation for us and we will be using Tropical Travelers for every vacation we take from now on!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Andrea · Married on 07/05/2014

Denise is a Godsent. She worked in our budget, strict timeline, and ever growing list of things we wanted for our honeymoon. She was responsive and genuinely interested in making our experience great. Because we didn't know where we wanted to go, there was a lot of back and forth. She was very responsive, which is a blessing when you are trying to plan and coordinate a million other things! She suggested multiple countries and resorts until we found the one that was perfect for us. I really appreciate that she followed up before we left, even though we had booked well in advance.

Sent on 04/17/2017

The Tropical Travelers's reply:

The Tropical Travelers is so happy that you had a delightful getaway! Denise is an amazing resource and truly takes such pride in her vacation and honeymoon planning. Thank you for your lovely review of our services!
  • Isabel

Isabel · event on 04/11/2014

I had such a great experience with Tropical Travelers and Denise Perkins. She was responsive, gave me options, very flexible with our group and tried her very best to provide the highest level of service. Having worked with other travel agencies in the past with fairly negative results, I was blown away by the quality of Tropical Travelers. She made sure our group was comfortable and had all the information we needed, communicated with the resort about our wishes and gave us the most economical yet highest quality options available. I would absolutely recommend them and I will be using them again for any other trip I plan!

Sent on 04/18/2014

Lauren · event on 09/28/2013

I can't say enough wonderful things about Jennifer Byrne with the Tropical Traveler. Jennifer was recommended to me by a friend, and I couldn't be more thankful for the introduction. She planned an amazing, once-in-a-life time trip for my honeymoon 2 years ago.
    When my husband and I planned our most recent vacation, Jennifer was our first call. She took the time to listen to our requirements and appropriately match them with the most wonderful all-inclusive resort ever, El Dorado Casitas Royal. We have stayed at a well-known all inclusive resort several times and were hesitant to try a new place. Thank goodness we listened to Jennifer, as this resort absolutely blew us out of the water! The service was impeccable, the food was divine, and our entire week was a 5-star event. I felt like a celebrity, and there was nothing that could have made our trip more perfect.
    Jennifer handled every little detailed, which allowed our trip to be completely stress-free, as well as negotiated a phenomenal deal on our behalf. I can't wait to book our next fabulous adventure with Jennifer Byrne and the Tropical Traveler!

Sent on 10/13/2013
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 05/03/2013

My husband and I just got back from getting married at Now Jade Riviera Cancun in Riviera Maya, Mexico and Jennifer Carr was our travel agent. Jenn was extremely helpful throughout the whole process - she booked the rooms and transportation for about 40 guests of ours, was quick to respond to any questions we had, and also sent us tons of photos of the resort and wedding setups before our trip since she had been there a few months prior. It was so nice to have one less thing to stress about while planning a destination wedding because we knew all our guests were in good hands with her help! The resort itself was beautiful and all of our guests had a blast. My husband and I are already discussing our 1 year anniversary trip and we'll definitely use Jennifer's services when the time comes.

Sent on 05/14/2013

Eleni · Married on 04/20/2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Stephanie at Tropical Travelers in planning our honeymoon. Take it from 2 people who had no idea where they wanted to go Stephanie was able to take all our wants and needs and plan the honeymoon of our dreams! Stephanie knows her stuff and she will be planning all our future vacations!

Laura · Married on 04/06/2013

My Husband and I had the pleasure of working with Jennifer through the Tropical Travelers. They were recommended to us through friends and family to help us to find a nice honeymoon spot. We had heard such great things about them that we though, "why not?". Well Let me tell you, We were extremely impressed. She was able to answer ever small question that we had from flights and times to what we needed to do when we go to our location. It was great. She was very quick to respond and if she was gone on a trip she made sure someone was there to answer our emails and calls. Quite refreshing since it was our first time going out of the country as well as flying. If you like me, anything can make you nervous. But Jennifer and The tropical traverlers were there through all my checking and rechecking of making sure everything was set to go. Needless to say, The trip was amazing (we went to Jamaica) and the service from Tropical Travelers was AMAZING! I highly recommend anyone who is traveling, near or far, use them. They will go above and beyond to make your trip a success :)

Sent on 05/09/2013

Jennifer Byrne organized our vacation at The Eldorado Royale, Riviera Maya and it was one of the most enjoyable vacations we ever had. Jennifer was attentive, quick to respond and had the familiarity and knowledge to recommend and arrange the details that raises the level of holiday to the exceptional one.
    We will use Jennifer again in the future and will recommend her services to our friends.

Sent on 05/22/2013

Lindsay · Married on 12/15/2012

We had a great experience dealing with Jennifer at The Tropical Travelers! She listened to what we were looking for and what our budget was and set us up with the MOST FANTASTIC honeymoon at Secrets Maroma Beach in Mexico! The locale, people, service, beach, pool, drinks and food were all absolutely amazing! It was truly wonderful to have everything planned out for us (especially after the stress of planning a wedding) and to just be able to go on our Honeymoon and truly enjoy the experience without having to worry about flights, car service, dinner reservations etc!
    We have been telling everyone how fabulous Jennifer and Secrets Maroma were so much that our good friends just recently booked their honeymoon in November with Jenn at Secrets Maroma!

Sent on 05/16/2013

alison · Married on 09/08/2012

I have worked with Tropical Travelers 3 times to plan trips and each time has been a wonderful experience. The first time I worked with Kristy to plan a surprise 40th birthday trip for my husband. She was extremely helpful in narrowing down places that might work for us and we ended up having a fantastic stress-free trip to St. Lucia. Our next two trips we worked with Jennifer Byrne and the experience was also fantastic. We were interested in going to Turks and Caicos for the first time and Jennifer was a wealth of knowledge and recommendations. Most recently Jennifer helped secure a room in our desired hotel in Aruba and had a bottle of wine waiting for us when we arrived. These personal touches as well as not having to worry about some of the planning details is awesome. I will not hesitate to reach out to The Tropical Travelers next time we are planning a trip and would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Mo · Married on 09/02/2012

Kristy at Tropical Travelers helped me plan a surprise honeymoon for my wife...One that was quite extensive. She completely worked around my requests, and since I am a seasoned indepent traveler I'm sure they were a little much. Regardless she planned an amazing itinerary and we were blown away. Def would reccommend to any of my friends.

Sent on 05/22/2013

The Hoerrs · Married on 08/19/2012

Jennifer Byrne is Amazing

We worked with Jennifer from Tropical Travelers to plan our dream vacation and I cannot say enough good about her. She was professional, always responded in a timely manner, and checked in with us while on vacation to make sure everything was going good for us. I feel like Jennifer took care of us like she would a very good friend. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Holly · Married on 08/04/2012

Jennifer and The Tropical Travelers were amazing. My wife and I really did not have to worry about anything. Jennifer helped us secure Secrets St. James, in Montego Bay, Jamaica. She was even at the resort months prior to our arrival and sent us photos of what we could expect. It really helped us when choosing the actual wedding location at the resort. I'm glad we took her advice and changed the location to the beach! It was amazing! The resort was phenomenal! We had about 35 guests fly down and join us for the Big Day. Everyone had an amazing experience! Jennifer communicated with our guests and the hotel frequently about confirming rooms, rates and shuttle services. She kept us in the loop on everything. We couldn't have been more pleased with the outcome!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Christina · Married on 05/11/2012

My husband and I needed some recommendations for travel this May. We were looking for something all inclusive adults only and not outrageously expensive. He found The Tropical Travelers on TripAdvisor and reached out for there advice. They were helpful and extremely responsive in exploring different options that met our preferences. Had it not been for The Tropical Travelers we would not have known about the newest resort in Riviera Maya, Unico 2087. Jen from The Tropical Travelers shared as much information as she could on the newest resort that hadn't even opened at the time. Needless to say we booked and the booking process went very smooth. Even after booking Jen and Erica were available for questions. For example, I wanted recommendations on different excursions. Erica was able to offer her opinion and even researched private tours for us. After our final payment they sent a booklet of our travel information and a cute little pouch. The pouch also included two luggage tags. I thought this was a nice touch. They also sent a email to check in with us right before our trip and checked in again through email while we were on vacation. We don't usually book travel through a travel agent but after this experience I don't imagine we will travel without their advice!

Sent on 05/07/2017

The Tullis · Married on 01/01/2009

Awesome experience!

Tropical Travelers helped my parents plan our large family vacation to Mexico last month. Jennifer and Rachel worked so hard to make their 50th wedding anniversary vacation pure magic. Their service and patience with questions and requests went above and beyond and was so very appreciated. We were able to relax and enjoy everything once we arrived, knowing they had already taken care of all the details and were "on call" should we have any further questions or concerns. It was a great experience working with Tropical Travelers and we recommend them 100%!

Sent on 04/08/2019

After planning a wedding my wife and I wanted to truly enjoy a stressfree and romantic honeymoon. We put our trust in our travel agent and she did not disappoint. El Dorado Royale provided an amazing experience. We have been looking forward to recreating the experience again! We will be sure to contact The Tropical Travelers again very soon!

Heather Seifel · Married on 06/03/2006

Booked our Honeymoon 13 years ago and every vaca since!

We used Jennifer for our honeymoon and had such an amazing experience she has booked every destination vacation since! Her customer service, responsiveness, and willingness to advocate on behalf of her clients is top notch. You can’t go wrong when working with her!

Sent on 04/11/2019

Julie Varga · Married on 07/02/2005

Fantastic experience!

We've been working with the Tropical Travellers for years. They consistently provide us with solid recommendations on where we should travel and which resorts we should go to. Every time, our vacation has been exactly what we were looking for. Jennifer Byrne really understands our family and what we want in our vacations. I highly recommend using them.

Sent on 04/12/2019
  • Myesha

Myesha Green · Married on 04/23/2005

Fantastic Experience

My husband and I recently used The Tropical Travelers to book a trip for our wedding anniversary. Jennifer worked closely with us to plan our celebration. I am super picky, and she was patient as I went back and forth between two resorts as I tried to find a room with the perfect view. She offered her opinion, sent tons of information, and helped me to feel good about my final choice. Once we settled on the perfect place, she took care of the rest. Our trip was perfect! We will be calling her again very soon!

Sent on 04/05/2019
    The Tropical Travelers 8
    The Tropical Travelers 9
    The Tropical Travelers 10
  • Scott

Scott P · Married on 03/01/2003

Above and Beyond Expectations

I reached out to Jennifer and her team for help planning my wife's 40th birthday surprise trip. As you can imagine, doing a surprise trip is pretty nerve-wracking and I wanted every detail to be special. Jennifer was so wonderful finding the perfect place that fit my laundry list of must-haves. Not only that, but when we arrived and there was a question about moving us to a different room, she was able to get on the phone with the resort and immediately had us upgraded to the nicest room on the property. They ensured that all of the in-between details were taken care of as well. Perfect airport transfers, amazing off-resort tours...it really was everything we were looking for and so much more than we expected. I don't' think I'll take a vacation again without calling them first.

Sent on 04/05/2019
    The Tropical Travelers 11

Amy · event on 02/09/2018

Tropical travelers always seems to match the perfect vacation spot based on my specific wants/needs- they never disappoint!

Sent on 02/23/2018

J · Married on 04/05/2013

Stephanie Lockhart planned our vacation to the Bahamas. It was great! I will definitely use Stephanie and The Tropical Travelers next year.