The Trivium Reviews

78 | Forest, VA

78 Reviews for The Trivium

Allison · Married on 06/08/2013

Our daughters wedding was perfect from beginning to end thanks to Heidi and all of her wonderful staff. After planning for a year, the day was even better than we anticipated. Not only does the Trivium provide a beautiful backdrop for a wedding, it also provides the perfect accommodations for the wedding party and guest. We were especially appreciative to have a special place for the children to get ready. The staff was gracious, courteous, and there was nothing they would not do to make our time there memorable and comfortable.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Natalie (Eakin) · Married on 06/01/2013

Thank you for everything for our wedding! The ceremony and reception, EVERYTHING was just PERFECT. Heidi was so flexible and frequently checked on us to make sure we were happy and had everything we needed. Heidi and her crew made things so easy and smooth and the day was absolutely perfect. Thank you so much for doing such a good job and taking care of so much for us. Ever since we chose Trivium, Heidi has been very good about responding to emails and phone calls, giving us the information we needed in a timely fashion. She was open to our ideas and made things possible for us to have the wedding of our dreams. God was so good and it was a beautiful day for our wedding at Trivium. We couldn't have asked for anything better! Thank you Heidi and Trivium staff for creating such a beautiful setting on the day we said our vows. We loved every minute!

Sent on 06/15/2013

Chelsey · Married on 05/11/2013

I cannot ony give The Trivium Estate 5 stars, it is worth so many more!! Heidi and the rest of the staff here are absolutely amazing. Not only is it a beautiful venue on the outside, the inside has been so tastefully decorated I just wanted to move in myself! Heidi is so professional, it never took her more than a couple hours (usually minutues) to respond to any questions or concerns that came up during my 13 months of wedding planning! Mother nature decided to grace us with terrible weather the week of our wedding, and with Saturday not looking too promising, we put plan B into action Friday at the rehearsal. All of the staff at The Trivium worked so hard to make sure that Plan B was going to be just as good as the original plan (Gazebo ceremony) and sure enough, my wedding day went on without a glitch! Our big day could not have been pulled off so perfectly if it was not for The Trivium Estate and the staff that maintains this wonderful venue. If you want to have the PERFECT wedding, I would highly recommend at least checking out this venue...AND BOOKING IT!! There are endless indoor and outdoor options here to help every bride fulfill the wedding of their dreams!
    TEAM TRIVIUM all the way :) :)

VERY HAPPY BRIDE,
    --Chelsey Wampler Craft

Sent on 05/30/2013

Stacey · Married on 04/20/2013

The Trivium is a beautiful place and I had the most perfect wedding I could have asked for. The outdoor ceremony was absolutely perfect for the setting. The Trivium has the prettiest ballroom in this area. Our guests really enjoyed it and the day went so smoothly thanks to Heidi and her staff.

Sent on 04/26/2013
  • Y

Yoon · Married on 04/13/2013

Heidi and The Trivium staff went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect in every way. We had the ceremony and reception on site; the grounds, main house and the ballroom are classic, elegant and beautiful. The service was exceptional as Heidi knew what my needs were before I even knew them! She made sure all my dreams came true on my wedding day and not a single detail was overlooked. I am not an easy person to please and she met my every need and want with a smile. The staff at The Trivium is professional, courteous and friendly, and they took a great care of everyone. AND the photo booth was a huge hit with the guests!

The Trivium delivered 100% and then some - if anyone is looking for that perfect venue with exceptional quality and service, I would most definitely recommend The Trivium.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Catherine · Married on 10/20/2012

The Trivium is the perfect location for any bride who wants a picturesque setting, fabulous facility and amazing staff! We wanted a reception venue for our October 20th wedding that would show all our out of town guests the southern charm and natural beauty of the area. Once we toured the Trivium, we knew there was no need to look any further - it was exactly what we were looking for. The ballroom was spacious enough to easily accomdate our 120 guests for a plated dinner and had a large stage for our band. With a view of the mountains, beautiful landscaping, and elegant decor the Trivium is truly is a treasure that stands on its own, but what really puts it over the top is Director of Operations, Heidi and her wonderful staff. As an out of town bride, most of the planning was done through email and over the phone. Heidi was always quick to respond and willing to provide recommendations and suggestions for other vendors which was a huge help. The rest of the staff was very efficient and professional. Everyone we dealt with was warm and friendly and just an absolute joy to work with! No other places could offer us so much flexibility, charm, and peacefulness in such a beautiful setting. All of our friends and family are still talking about how much they loved our wedding.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Anna · Married on 10/06/2012

Heidi and her team at The Trivium hosted both our wedding rehearsal dinner and reception without a single mis-step, issue or unpleasant moment. They are beyond professional, attending to every detail with care and confidence. Heidi made all the difference in making planning and enjoying our wedding as smooth as possible. I don't think it would have been quite so special or fun without her.

Sent on 10/21/2012

Emily · Married on 08/11/2012

Wow! What a great experience! The venue was beautiful in every way. The ballroom has beautiful wood floors and the grounds have great places to take pictures. This would all be nothing if it wasn't for the great people that are there to help you. Heidi was so accomodating and would get back to you right away. She is truly a kindred spirit and is so easy to get along with. She and her staff made our day very special and memorable. I would highly recommend the Trivium to anyone.

Sent on 08/22/2012

Susan · Married on 08/02/2012

Heidi was wonderful! She was prompt and professional to assist us in any way possible. I would definately recommend her services and the Trivium for any event. Heidi's personality is very approachable and she has a calming effect which was very helpful. She is definately customer service oriented and enjoys her career.

Sent on 08/17/2012

Meghan · Married on 07/15/2012

I loved having our wedding at The Trivium!! Heidi was great to work with because she shared her ideas without being pushy and was quick to respond to any questions all the way up to the wedding. She was very kind and professional throughout the whole process. The venue is gorgeous and we had lots of compliments for choosing such a great place. There is nothing I would change about it.

Sent on 08/13/2012

Christy · Married on 06/14/2012

Beautiful venue! Heidi and the team were most accommodating and professional in making my daughter's wedding the most perfect day!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Amy · Married on 05/19/2012

My wedding experience with the Trivium was incredible. The Trivium is an absolutely gorgeous venue inside and out. Not only is the place amazing; but the staff is as well. Throughout my entire year of planning Heidi was always helpful and available to answer any questions that came up. Not only that but the day of our wedding Heidi was amazing, her and her staff were there for us all day and well into the night. I seriously cannot recommend the Trivium enough. Any future bride will be more than pleased with their experience.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Julia · Married on 04/29/2012

My fiance and I struggled to find a place that had everything we were looking for our wedding, and knew immediately as soon as we found The Trivium that "this is it!" The place is absolutely GORGEOUS inside and out and has everything we were looking for... The Trivium is a beautiful venue with several locations for a ceremony (inside or outside), has a gorgeous on-site reception venue that requires nothing in terms of decorations (except maybe centerpieces), you can bring in your own catere, and even has an onsite photo booth which was a HUGE hit with my wedding guests! Plus the inside of the home is beautiful and is a photographer's dream, so your "getting ready" photos will be very pretty. Finally, I can't say enough about the service... Heidi was AWESOME to work with through the entire planning process. She was very helpful, very professional, and very friendly, and we felt from the beginning like she appreciated our business, which is rare in the wedding industry. ONLY downside is that if your GPS is set to "shortest distance", it tends to send people a squirrely way (down a dirt road). That being said, the place is right off a main road and is NOT at all difficult to find... but you might want to suggest a specific route for your wedding guests on your website or invitations. I have received NOTHING but compliments from my guests and family about my wedding location. My husband and I (and all family members) would WHOLEHEARTEDLY recommend this venue for your wedding or event!

Sent on 05/14/2012
  • Jonathan

Jonathan · Married on 03/10/2012

I don't know how to describe how gorgeous the Trivium is. The old southern charm combined with modern renovations is breath-taking. When I first showed my fiance the Trivium he was floored by the beauty of the place and the warmth and professionalism of Heidi the owner. We loved having our wedding and reception there everything was perfect from the beautiful and roomy bridal room for myself and my girls to the groom's room that had a gaming system and pac man arcade game. Heidi made my day perfect by finishing all the small details and taking care of everything and anything I asked of her.

Sent on 03/19/2012

The Trivium's reply:

Thank you Sarah & Jon! I loved getting to know you and hosting your wedding day!

Linda · Married on 02/04/2012

Can't say enough about The Trivium!!! The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and on top of everything!!!! The house, ballroom, and grounds are impeccable. The view is breathtaking. A true Southern plantation feel. Heidi Baker bends over backwards for her brides and grooms!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Steve · event on: 11/01/2011

I recently had the need for a outside venue to host a corporate event with a considerable short time frame.  The Trivium was up to the challenge and performed magnificently.  The staff was very responsive and diligent with my team in arranging the event making sure every detail was addressed.  The event including catering that was also managed by the Trivium staff and the whole thing was pulled off without a hitch.  By choosing the Trivium, it allowed me to focus more on my client and the message my team was delivering, and less on the details of the meeting area.  I got rave reviews from my client on the setting, the food, and the staff which just added to the over success of my event.  Thank you very much Trivium!!!!

Sent on 11/16/2011

Christen · Married on 10/01/2011

I was very happy with the services and venue. Heidi and her team made our day simply smooth and wonderful.

Sent on 10/11/2011

The Trivium's reply:

Thank you Christen & Thomas! Your wedding was so much fun!

Shella · Married on 09/24/2011

The options here are endless! Available for indoor or outdoor. We had an outdoor wedding, used the main house for cocktail/picture hour and then an indoor reception in the amazing ballroom. The setting is beautiful and the team working there are just as amazing as the place. They were so helpful and always there when we needed something. Impeccable service. Also nice was WE could choose every other aspect of our wedding including flowers, catering, design, planning, etc. The Trivium is an excellent venue and I'm so happy I got married there. Also available was the FUN photo booth LOVED by our guests and also sparklers were accepted.

Sent on 10/04/2011

The Trivium's reply:

Thank you Shella & John it was a pleasure hosting your wedding!
  • lasiyanika

Egle · Married on 07/23/2011

The greatest venue in the area is back in business and better than ever! When I look back on our wedding, the venue is probably my favorite thing (and dear I say, prettier than my wedding dress! haha). Heidi Baker has put in so much effort to making the Trivium look like something from a professional interior design magazine. She has got to be the most helpful professional I dealt with during the entire wedding planning process. I'm not one of those girls who had their wedding day planned out ever since she could read, so there was some changing of my mind as the day was getting closer and closer. Couple things had to be completely rethought of. Despite that, Heidi was extremely flexible and I never saw frustration in her - she actually offered advice to better my crazy ideas :) She was bending backwards to make our wedding day the most amazing experience ever no matter how hectic it got, and I am extremely grateful for that!
    One of the advantages that I found at the Trivium that I didn't come across anywhere else (and I did a LOT of research) was the inventory. They have absolutely everything there! I didn't have to buy a single votive or vase, which really helped with the budget. They had all shapes and sizes of everything. Even different arbors to choose from!
    Another thing that makes the planning easy, is the ability to bring your own vendors - especially the caterer. Mostly every venue has contracts with certain vendors they have to fulfill the contracts with, and as a bride I felt very constricted with choices. Honestly, I passed on a couple of great venues just because I was required to use such-and-such caterer, photographer, or florist. Required??? It's MY wedding day - I should be able to do what I want!
    I have to say, girls, if you skip out on the Trivium - it just won't be the same.

Wish you all the best!

Sent on 08/02/2011

The Trivium's reply:

Thanks Egle & David - You all were a dream 1st wedding to host!

Kara · Married on 10/18/2014

These people were amazing! They helped me to make my day everything that I wanted and more! They helped me so much to keep the day as stress-free as possible. I would definitely recommend this venue to everyone. They are accommodating and it's such a beautiful venue. Love the people the place and everything in between!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Michelle · Married on 09/28/2014

The Trivium is the PERFECT location for a wedding--Heidi and her staff think of absolutely everything. I loved the beautiful rooms for the wedding party to get ready in--it made the morning a really fun and special time with my closest friends and family. We had our ceremony at the Pergola, and it was the ideal location for our small, intimate wedding. Heidi could not have been more helpful the day-of. She brought us fruit and muffins when we were getting ready, kept everything on schedule, and I'm sure moved mountains behind the scenes to get everything set up in time. Our wedding was Sunday morning, and they had another wedding the night before, but you never would have known it! I would recommend them to anyone who asked!

Also, another tip--if you choose Love is In the Air for catering/cake/decor/flowers, they work seamlessly with the Trivium. They've worked together so much in the past that you don't really have to coordinate anything between them--it took a load off my mind to know that was all taken care of.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Catherine · event on: 05/23/2014

Heidi was the best, took care of our every need with a smile. We could not have been happier. Perfect, perfect, perfect!

Sent on 06/01/2014

Steven & Julie · Married on 08/31/2013

Heidi and her staff were a fantastic team to work with; their professionalism and preparedness made our wedding day a breeze. Her team was flexible and readily available for every whim or either the bride or the groom. The venue is gorgeous, the scenery was everything that we wanted and the price was extremely competitive. Those all of those are were qualities that we looked for in a venue, but the venue itself pales in comparison to the amazing staff that Heidi employs, they were extremely attentive and very accommodating. Our wedding ceremony was sit to be conducted outdoors and there was a treacherous storm that afternoon and without a complaint Heidi and her team swept into action and rearranged the ball room to accommodate our ceremony indoors, but at the last minute there was a break in the storm and we moved it back outside and Heidi again came to the rescue and re-set up everything outside. The purpose of the day was to get married and that was going to happen regardless, but Heidi made a day that could have disastrous a dream and we are forever grateful for her and team for making sure our wedding day went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend The Trivium to everyone. The stress that Heidi and her team removed from the process definitely brings added value to The Trivium.

Sent on 12/07/2013

Amanda · Married on 04/04/2015

The Trivium staff was organized, accommodating, conscientious, and kind. It was the perfect venue for my wedding and they made sure all details were attended to in an effort to make the day go smoothly and the event be executed perfectly. We were so pleased with our choice to have our wedding at the Trivium and will definitely recommend it to friends in the future.

Sent on 04/13/2015

Samantha · Married on 10/25/2014

The Trivium provided the perfect place for my rehearsal dinner and reception and working with Victoria and Heidi made the process fun and stress-free. Their laid back personalities and self-confidence made us feel at ease that everything would be taken care of and that there was nothing to worry about. The venue alone is a beautiful setting but Victoria and Heidi sell the place. Meeting with Victoria is what helped us make our final decision on which venue to go with.

Sent on 11/06/2014