The Traveling Photo Booth Reviews

119 | Minneapolis, MN

119 Reviews for The Traveling Photo Booth

Chelsie · Married on 07/30/2010

The Traveling Photo Booth was great. It really set the mood and there was always someone in the booth. I would recommend making your own prop kit. We had fake mustaches, wigs, and sunglasses that were a big hit. Overall the photo booth is kind of expensive but in the end worth every penny. I would recommend this to every one.

Sent on 08/17/2010

L · Married on 05/01/2010

DO IT!!! We were a little concerned about the cost of renting a photobooth but decided to go ahead because of all the great reviews and a recommendatin from our bakery (Buttercream). Our guests said that our wedding was THE most fun wedding they have ever been to. The photobooth was such a hit that I can't imaginging not having it. The photos we got are priceless and such a great add-on to our professional pictures. We went with four hours, which we thought was just the right amount of time(we added an extra hour) and our attendent was just wonderful. I would definitely recommend the photobooth, even if you have to beg for the extra money.

Sent on 05/21/2010

Jenna · Married on 09/26/2009

So much fun! I'm thrilled that we decided at the last minute to book a photo booth for our wedding. Our guests had a blast with it and I will cherish our hilarious book forever. Like another reviewer said, you can't go wrong with a guest book, entertainment, and favors all in one!

Sent on 11/24/2009

Colleen · Married on 05/23/2009

Hiring the Travelling Photo Booth was one of the best decisions we made - we weren't sure due to the cost but it was totally worth it! Definitely the hit of the night, our guests had so much fun and we love the guest book we got at the end. The booth attendant was friendly and helpful.

Sent on 06/03/2009

Megan · Married on 07/14/2007

They were great. We called only a few weeks before the wedding date and they were still able to accommodate us. They were very helpful to my mom on the phone. People raved about their service and thought having a photobooth at a wedding reception was so much fun!

Sent on 10/25/2007

Katie · Married on 08/23/2014

3.5

These guys were great! Our photo booth canceled on us last minute and we were referred to them by another photographer. I would recommend them to anyone looking for great photos with no hassles. I also enjoyed paying on line and all the add-ons that we're available!

Sent on 08/25/2014

3.5

The quality of the photo booth photo strips are the best in the field! The booth looks cool and classy and the attendant was fun. Everyone had a blast!

Sent on 12/01/2014

The photo booth was a hit at my wedding! My husband and I had a lot of fun taking pictures in it, and so did our family and friends! My favorite part was seeing our guest book with all of the signatures and hilarious photo strips. I think this is an awesome alternative to the traditional guest book. The only thing I wish could have been different was the pricing. It wasn't outrageously expensive, but if it had been more affordable, I would have absolutely rented it for a longer period of time.

Sent on 09/10/2012
  • U

Leslie · Married on 04/02/2011

3.5

Everyone I worked with from Traveling Photo booth was very helpful and responsive.

Sent on 04/04/2011

Emily · Married on 08/28/2010

3.5

The Traveling Photo Booth was a hit at our wedding. Everyone loved it! The guest book they made with the photos was priceless. We laugh every time we see it. So easy to work with, highly recommended. A bit pricey though! (but worth it!)

Sent on 09/14/2010

Jeff · Married on 08/18/2012

The photo booth was a hit and everyone loved it. If I were to give it any criticism, it is that the booth has limitations due to size. Otherwise there are many options, the attendant was fun and the guestbook rocks.

Sent on 08/28/2012

The Traveling Photo Booth's reply:

Thanks Jeff. We appreciate the review!

Caitlyn · Married on 08/13/2011

This was great! We really enjoyed the Traveling Photo Booth and so did our guests. It was a great book to have the day after the wedding because all you want to do is look at pictures and usually the photographer doesn't have them availalbe the day after a wedding. Its a must at every wedding.

Sent on 08/30/2011

The Traveling Photo Booth's reply:

Hear that folks: A must at every wedding. Thanks for the great review Caitlyn, we're so glad you enjoyed it.

Stephanie · Married on 10/18/2008

3.0

The guest book I got at the end of the night (with everyone's pictures in it) is easily my most prized possession from my wedding. Everyone had a blast with the photobooth.

Sent on 11/26/2008

Erica · Married on 09/14/2013

This vendor was great, they are a little pricey but we paid it to ensure great service to our guests.
    I will have to say, we did have a LARGE and ROWDY bunch, which they (i mean she) handled well, (we were under the impression there would be 2 attendance. But she did a great job. The only complaint we had was we had wedding favors, they were clear bookmark type things to slide and protect your photo slide, we made hundresds for our guests wedding favors. Basically, so they could put there photo slides into it. The Photo Booth company has an advertisement for their company, so nobody knew what they were for, and OVER HALF were left on the tables. Alot of money and hard work wasted. So if thats your plan for favors, let them know about it

Sent on 10/07/2013

2.5

We found the Traveling Photo Booth at one of the bridal shows in Minneapolis. We were stuck between them and another bigger local company. After speaking with these guys it was apparent that they were there because they wanted to be, not because it was just a job. They made an amazing pitch to us and spoke to my husband and I like people rather than just customers. When all was said and done they threw in a bunch of extras for us. They are a little on the expensive side for photobooths but the professionalism and reliability of them makes it well worth the price. There was no question about whether they would show up on time and with working equipment.
    I definitely recommend this group of guys to anyone looking for high quality, true photobooth photos.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Katie · Married on 09/21/2012

2.5

EVERYONE, even our 89 years old grandma, loved the photo booth. Great memories. My only frustration was at 10pm when it was to end...that was it!! Not one second past! No flexibility unless we paid another hours worth.

Sent on 10/04/2012

The Traveling Photo Booth's reply:

Thanks for the review Katie. We're sorry to hear about your frustration with the end time. We always try to stay an extra five minutes late. We'll look into it, and make sure that's what happened.

Anne · Married on 07/11/2014

3.4
      2.0

We enjoyed having the traveling photobooth at our wedding and the quality of the photos are great. we used this as our guest book so the attendant would put a copy of each photostrip in a book for us and our guests would sign it- its a great keepsake! it was also our favor to our guests, they each got a copy of the photos they were in.

The main guys that book the photobooth and coordinate payment are great, they are quick to respond.

My only complaint is regarding our photobooth attendant; towards the end of our rental period, there were 7-10 guests literally waiting in line to get in the photobooth and sign our guestbook and the attendant told me he needed to shut it down as it was the end of our rental period- even though a few of our guests were trying to squeeze in the photo to sign our book!!! I found it very tacky. we gave the attendant a generous tip when the night started and I would have appreciated a bit more flexibility. to stay 15 minutes past our rental time would not have killed him to allow a few of our guests to get their photos done. I thought if people were in line, the nice/professional thing to do would to at least let those in line get their photos taken- now we don't have photos of some of those people who were trying to sign our book which is really too bad.

If you book traveling photo-booth, I would make sure you are assigned an attendant that isn't trying to bug out at 9pm on the dot and is flexible and kind to your guests.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Theresa · Married on 07/23/2012

2.6
      1.0

Alex was great as a local rep. I found him to be understanding and responsive but if he has no power then of what good is it.FROM THEIR WEBSITE*** "guest book is made during your rental and will be overflowing with photo strips and messages from your guests) End of night... not one signature...Instead of slamming them in a review, I called them. Explained my disappointment that the guest book had NO SIGNATURES IN IT! . Alex was understanding and seemed genuinely appalled. he contacted owners in Chicago They say:" No discount! We met our contractual obligation!" Signed Arrogant Man from Chicago With Three Titles. Contract says they will fulfill all 'add ons' SIGNED book was an 'ad on'. All I wanted was a price break. Even a $100 bucks off my $1000+ tab. They say- NO WAY! They offered a photo collage and photo thank yous... I would advise you to never use The Travelling Photo Booth. This was the most unimpressive handling of a serious breach of service that I have seen. My WI booth allowed people to watch the pics being taken from outside and inside the booth... The Travelling Photo Booth doesn't even show you the pics from the inside AS YOU ARE TAKING THEM. They cannot adjust picture quality including focus or camera position on the night of your event because it is located inside the equipment. The "other " photo company fine tuned the photos on site. Sorry Alex, but the dude from Chicago was a little too quick to point out his title rather than deal with me as a reasonable person who had a legitimate complaint... and how dare he try to imply that because "you looked like you had a good time based on the photos" that I wasn't entitled to the full agreed upon services. I DO expect you to deliver 100% of what you agree to especially for $1000...next time I'll try and lower the bar a little more so the guys in Chicago can get their titles over it.

Sent on 08/22/2012

Theresa,

Thank you for the feedback. We try to use every review, as a guide of how we can improve. As we've said, we're really sorry that you were disappointed. And sorry that more of your guests didn't sign the guest book. We do make every effort to encourage guests to sign the guest book and while we would give our left arms to have every guest sign every time, sometimes they don't. Even though we know it won't put more signatures in your book, we hope you really enjoy the free photo strip collage and thank you notes ($230) that you have already ordered. We're sorry this offer wasn't enough to make the situation right.

We feel compelled to clarify that you spoke only with the Minneapolis office, and not our Chicago office. We apologize for the confusion.

Take Care,
    -TTPB team

Heather · Married on 06/29/2013

0.0

I was so excited about this photo booth and seriously disappointed! Don't get me wrong the pictures and props were great but the guy running the booth had to leave and a guest from our wedding ended up running the booth the entire evening. The guy working came back when the reception was over. I found this to be incredibly unprofessional. The only compensation we received was a photo collage and a CD of the pics from the booth. Paying over $1200 for a couple hours of service and the guy isn't even there is completely unacceptable.

Sent on 05/16/2014