The Topiary Cake Design Reviews

The Topiary Cake Design 6
The Topiary Cake Design 7
  • Randi

Randi Bonilla · Getting married on 02/05/2021

The Topiary Cake Design made 2 incredible cakes for our daughter's wedding!

I highly recommend The Topiary Cake Design. Calley Sholder created an amazing wedding cake for our daughter's wedding. The wedding couple are both architects so they had quite the vision for what they wanted for their cake. Calley not only created that vision, but the cake was delicious too. She also helped to surprise the groom with his Star Wars Lego Cake. Calley was great to work with. Our guests raved about how delicious the cakes were!

Sent on 06/06/2019

Kate Haverland · Married on 09/21/2019

The best cake ever!

Could not recommend The Topiary more! Calley worked with us from start to finish on our vision for our cake and how it would tie back to our overall theme. Down to the floral touches on the cake that perfectly matched my bouquet, our cake was a showstopper! And don’t even get me started on how good it was! We did her delicious cookie dough flavor and it was a crowd pleaser for sure! Sometimes cakes this pretty don’t taste that great, but that was definitely not the case for us. Can’t wait to break out our anniversary cake next year!

Sent on 10/12/2019
    The Topiary Cake Design 8

Mackensey Alexander · Married on 07/11/2019

Professional, Beautiful & Delicious

Calley is incredibly talented and so easy to work with. As a professional photographer, many of my wedding clients have hired her and she has delivered beautiful and delicious cakes every time! I also hired Calley to make a custom cake for my daughter's birthday. Not only was she able to take on my order at the last minute but her artsy far exceeded my expectations! I highly recommend her services!

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Johnson · Married on 06/08/2019

Incredibly Unique Cakes!

Calley's cakes are like works of art that are also incredibly delicious!!! She offers unique flavors and the cake is so moist! Calley is also a kind professional and so easy to work with! She takes great pride in her work and in making her couples thrilled with their cake!

Sent on 06/10/2019
    The Topiary Cake Design 9

Alina Dolan · Married on 05/25/2019

Calley was absolutely wonderful to work with. Creativity and talent on such a special and unparalleled level.

Wonderful experience from start to finish. Calley was so easy and great to work with. Her creativity speaks for itself. The beautiful wedding cake she created for us was a true work of art and it tasted AMAZING!!! There was virtually nothing left. Our guests devoured it. Could not have been any happier.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Pamela · Married on 05/11/2019

Delicious....I want more!

Calley's creative creations were a hit! Our guests asked for more the entire weekend. The delicious flavors were hard for us to decide and we cut into each layer as our traditional bride/groom cutting because we wanted a bit of everything! Now its going to be hard to wait a whole year to eat the cornflower cake again....it was amazing! Thank you Calley!!!

Sent on 05/15/2019
    The Topiary Cake Design 10
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 04/27/2019

Katherine Lightner

We LOVED that we chose Calley ,The Topiary for our wedding cake. I chose her because she had the prettiest cakes compared to other vendors and hands down the best prices so it was perfect !! My husband still tells people that his favorite part of the entire planning process was going to the cake tasting, he always describes how beautiful she had it set up. It was just like an afternoon tea party! She had great presentation of her cakes and even let me try a flavor I hadn’t initially picked for the tasting. She has incredible variety!!! The day after our wedding, I got so many texts as well as comments on my social media in regards to how WONDERFUL the cookie dough cake slices were! People loved that cookie dough cake! We took a risk and chose to do a suspended cake and Calley was totally on board, I loved her enthusiasm for it and her help to execute it! She was so easy with her communication and always wrote me back so promptly which I truly appreciated it! I absolutely highly recommend Calley, you’ll get a beautiful cake, a GREAT price, a kind and caring person to work with, as well as awesome unique, delicious flavors that will have your guests talking even after the wedding was over! Thank you Calley and The Topiary!!!

Sent on 05/10/2019

Jackie · Married on 03/30/2019

So good, so easy!

We used The Topiary Cake Design for our wedding and couldn’t have been happier with Calley and our cake!

Calley was always quick to respond to any questions or concerns, and was kind enough to let me bring along a friend to the cake tasting who takes her desserts very seriously lol our cake tasting with Calley, my fiancé, and one of our friends ended up being SO much fun and at the end we were both very surprised and pleased with our choices. I have a very minimal design aesthetic, whereas my now husband likes things a little over the top. He wanted gold flakes on our cake, which I wasn’t particularly into, and my husband was kind enough to let me get my way 😊

At our reception, we ended up being so busy that the only cake we ate was when we cut the cake. After the wedding we were so sad we’d missed the cake (we’d been looking forward to our flavors for so long!) that we decided to go ahead and open our 1 year anniversary tier and have it then before we left on our honeymoon. I opened the box and saw how nicely it was wrapped up by calley, and found a little note she left for us – she had made this one special with gold flakes as a little surprise for my husband…this was the sweetest gesture that really touched me, and I wrapped that bad boy right back up to enjoy on our anniversary, and I cant wait! We talk about our cake all the time, and are so happy with every aspect of The Topiary. Thank you so much Calley!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Jessica Deem · Married on 03/03/2019

Delicious, Elegant, Affordable

Calley is amazing! What she did with our tiny budget blew me away. We had a delicious and adorable cake that was absolutely perfect. I couldnt find a single flaw. From the seamless fondant to the luxurious 24 carat gold leaf and painstakingly applied floral topper (she assembled on the fly in our hotel lobby) - Calley created a piece of art on a shoestring that tasted even better than it looked.

Sent on 03/05/2019
    The Topiary Cake Design 11

Liam Sanelli · Married on 12/15/2018

Absolute perfection.

Calley was truly amazing from start to finish with the cake process for our wedding! When we first did a tasting with her it was delicious and executed perfectly, we knew right away we wanted her to bake and design our cake for us. Then the day of the wedding we saw the cake and it was exactly everything we had wanted and it tasted even more amazing than we remembered from the tasting session. I can’t thank Calley enough for adding to our perfect day and I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 01/18/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan Hayes · Married on 11/18/2018

Delicious, easy, and affordable!

Calley was amazing from start to finish with the cake process for our wedding! She made planning and delivering the cake a breeze. Calley is very accommodating, affordable, and adventurous! I sampled many other places and none of them compared! She even delivered for a Sunday wedding!

Sent on 04/17/2019
    The Topiary Cake Design 12

Toni · Married on 10/27/2018

Stunning, delicious, and highly responsive.

I cannot say enough great things about Calley and her work. I was SO happy with how my wedding cake turned out. It was exactly what I wanted and even more beautiful than I imagined.
    We had our trial with Calley and we were so impressed with her original flavors it was hard to choose. Then, I called her about a week before my sister's baby shower and asked her to make some desserts for the shower and they turned out excellent and so beautiful! I got so many compliments on the desserts at the shower.
    A week or two before my wedding, I called Calley again and wanted to add some other desserts to go with my cake and cupcakes. She came through with the most beautiful and delicious desserts. At my wedding, we had a small wedding cake, cupcakes, chocolate-covered pretzels, chocolate-covered strawberries, and strawberry/marshmallow/brownie skewers. Calley delivered and set up everything beautifully and on time. She also decorated my cake with the flowers from the florist and it was stunning. I am so happy that I used Calley for my wedding. My cake was one of my most favorite parts of my wedding. I will be calling Calley for all of my dessert needs in the future and I CANNOT recommend her highly enough. If you need desserts for ANY occasion, especially your wedding, you've found your girl.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Sinping Bowen · Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful and Delicious!

Beautiful and delicious, definitely recommend! Calley was very responsive and caring throughout. She made the planning easy and it was one less thing we had to worry about. And most important of all - the cake was a hit - everyone loved it. It's also a great price for the amount of work she put in it, every layer with much care. Highly recommend for sure :)

Sent on 01/04/2019
    The Topiary Cake Design 13

Lisa · Married on 10/19/2018

Such a personalized experience

Calley was amazing to work with, She really took a personal interest in what I was going for and went above and beyond to make my vision come to life. Not only was our dessert table gorgeous, but I got TONS of compliments on how delicious it was!!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Christopher · Married on 09/08/2018

Calley was fantastic. From the moment we met her we knew this was the right choice. The cake was everything we hoped for. Perfect in every way. Thank you !

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Lee

Lee · Married on 09/03/2018

Calley makes the process easy and a cake that is amazing!

I had contacted 4 or 5 different bakers to bake me a chocolate naked cake for 60 people before I came across The Topiary Cake Design. Not one of them was as responsive, professional, kind, or as considerate as Calley is. I had a special request for Free Range Eggs to be used in my cake but did NOT want any dairy included. Most of the previous vendors said it was not something they could not accommodate, or passed me along to another vendor they thought would be more helpful. I am so grateful that none of the other vendors worked out, because I don't believe that my cake could've come out any better then it did in Calley's hands. Not only did she use Free Range Eggs but she found a great local farm where she could purchase them. I thought that was just truly awesome. The results were beautiful and absolutely delicious! EVERYONE at the wedding kept commenting on it, even some of our guests that are not fans of cake liked our cake. And on top of all of that Calley is extremely sweet and kind. She always had something pleasant to say and was just a blessing to work with.

Sent on 10/28/2018
    The Topiary Cake Design 14

Lindsay Zimmerman · Married on 06/16/2018

Incredible!

Calley is AMAZING at what she does!! She goes above and beyond to create the most incredible desserts for your special day. She created exactly what I wanted for my wedding. My deserts looked so elegant and tasted delicious! If you are looking for sweets for any event I highly recommend The Topiary Cake Design. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 06/13/2019
    The Topiary Cake Design 15
  • U

Donna · Married on 04/07/2018

Calley did an AMAZING job on our wedding cake. I had to switch cake vendors very last minute and she was nothing but nice from the beginning. She took the photo of my desired cake and replicated it perfectly. It was even more beautiful than I thought when I saw it the wedding day. She is very talented! Thanks so much Calley!!

Sent on 04/15/2018
  • Ivory&Beau

Mackenzie · Married on 11/05/2016

Delicious! And beautiful!

Highly recommend the Topiary! Cakes are scrumptious. The frosting is so buttery and light. Her designs are beautiful as well!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Meghan · Married on 03/14/2009

Small Order, Great Satisfaction

My small order did not really flex Calley’s brilliance, but she recreated our wedding cake for a very special celebration. It was delicious and beautiful, everything a cake should be. I can only imagine what she can do when sent loose! We were very happy and loved working with her.

Sent on 04/15/2019