The Tonawanda Castle Reviews

81 | Tonawanda, NY

81 Reviews for The Tonawanda Castle

Kristin · Married on 06/07/2013

Everyone at the Tonawanda Castke was amazing! We couldn't have had a better experience. Our event coordinator Jamie answered every question thouroughly and quickly. The food was excellent! Will definitely recommend this place to friends and family!e

Sent on 09/06/2013

Catherine · Married on 04/27/2013

Our wedding at Tonawanda Castle was perfect! We were allowed in the day before for a sneak peek and so that our florist could set up our favors. Jamie was awesome, there were a few bumps along the way with planning but everything worked out in the end! Richard and his kitchen staff made absolutely delicious food that everyone is still raving about! I want to come back to have dinner there with our wedding menu!!!
    One unfortunate thing that happened was that the top layer of our cake was accidentally served at the reception. When I came to pick it up and Jamie realized what had happened, she immediately offered to call our cake baker, pay for a new top layer to be made, and drive all the way to Ithaca, NY to pick it up for us. I declined this offer, but it was above and beyond in my opinion for her to offer this to us.
    Overall, I would most definitely recommend this venue to anyone!!!

Sent on 09/05/2013

dee · Married on 03/09/2013

The castle is a beautiful place for a wedding. My wedding day felt like a fairy tale. I have to compliment Rich the head chef on making such delicious food. The grilled salad was the talk of the day. Lindsay was awesome to work with, she really did a good job decorating and really saved the day and got creative when our cupcake stand showed up too small. The castle interior is perfect for photos and there's enough room to accommodate both small and large wedding parties. I highly recommend Tonawanda Castle they did a fabulous job!

Sent on 03/12/2013

Theresa · Married on 01/12/2013

My son's wedding was held here Jan. 12th,2013. The staff was wonderful!! The venue was gorgeous!!! My daughter in law was definitely Queen of the castle for the day!! I can not say enough good things about the chef ,he was a highly skilled professional who was proficient in all aspects of the food he perpared.(Being a food loving family this was really important to us!) The menue was picked by the bride and groom and had unique regional dishes, included were duck and venison! Everything was wonderful and the cornbread with a dash of pepers was out of this world when topped with his honey butter!! People are still raving about it !! :) The nooks and cranies in the castle provided plenty of intimate cozy space for people to talk and catch up. I can not believe how quickly the ball room was converted from the ceremony to the dinning seating (our guest list was too large for the chaple on the second floor to accommodate).The signature cocktale the chef created for the wedding was wonderful!! The H'orderves were AMAZING!! The furnishings were very comfortable. Plenty of dancing space beautiful setting for pictures.

Sent on 01/14/2013

The Tonawanda Castle's reply:

We are so happy you were pleased! I am glad you were happy with the transition from the Ceremony to The Reception! Our ideas of flexible customized menus are for the very reason of Kathryn and Josh! It was a wonderful menu and just like all of our weddings, so very unique from any other. It was a pleasure working with your son, daughter in law and the rest of your familes! Best wishes

Lisa · Married on 11/03/2012

Lindsay and the staff at the Tonawanda Castle made my wedding day amazing. Every little detail that they took care of for us made our day complete. The food was amazing, the environment was beautiful, and the staff was wonderful. With all the stress that surrounds a wedding it was so nice to not have to worry about a thing at our venue. I would stingily recumbent booking the castle for any event!!!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Maren · Married on 10/13/2012

We first fell in love with the venue then the staff. They were quick to respond to my questions and very accommodating. They prepare the food on-site and everyone (including myself) raved about it. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.

Sent on 11/01/2012

The Tonawanda Castle's reply:

We had a wonderful time planning your event with you, and are so glad it was everything you hoped for! Congratulations again!

Betsy · Married on 09/08/2012

My husband and I cannot recommend the atmosphere of the venue, the quality of the service and the accommodating nature of the staff, chef and servers highly enough. Jamie and Lindsay patiently answered our 8,000 questions in a timely manner and they were cool, calm and accommodating when we had unique or last minute requests. We also got to enjoy the expertise and quality provided by the head chef Rich, who worked with us to create a delicious detail-oriented menu that was uniquely our own. The food was just as good on the day of the wedding and the service was efficient and friendly. We and our guests loved the genuine friendliness of our servers and that, coupled with the beauty of the Tonawanda Castle all added together to make a perfect and unforgettable night. We are very, VERY happy that we elected to have our reception at the TC and are extremely thankful to the TC team for making our wedding day an amazing event!

Sent on 09/11/2012

The Tonawanda Castle's reply:

Thanks Betsy! Working with you and Jay was such a pleasure! I am so glad we exceeded your expectations!
  • Debby

Debby · Married on 09/01/2012

The castle itself was not avaible for the time frame we wanted, but the chef....Rich Kellogg was avaible. Rich was wonderful to work with, he met with us several times before our wedding. The menu and flavors he put together was Incredible. His food was all the buzz during the wedding, his presentation of the food was amazing, everything that should of been warm was warm, everything should of been chilled was chilled. He kept an abundance of food flowing the entire evening. Guests are still taking about the spread Rich provided. Now thats a fabulous Chef with an impression that will last us a lifetime. You rocked it out Mr.Kellogg

Sent on 09/05/2012

Marilyn · Married on 08/04/2012

We just had our son and daughter-in-law's wedding at the Tonawanda Castle. Not only is this a beautiful building but the food and service were outstanding! The staff was so genuine and helpful in our event planning - Chef Richard prepared mouth-watering food. Guests told us that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 08/07/2012

Donna · Married on 08/04/2012

My daughter's wedding at the castle was a dream come true. The venue is unique and the option to have the wedding ceremony and the reception at the same place worked out great. Jamie and Lindsey on staff were very pleasant and easy to work with preparing for the event and the day of the wedding they were available to see all details were executed according to our wishes. The food was very good and our guest had nothing but compliments on the food and the venue. I highly recommend the castle for your event planning.

Sent on 08/09/2012

The Tonawanda Castle's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you and your families! I am so very glad that you were so happy with everything!

Pat · Married on 07/06/2012

Having my daughter's wedding reception with 267 people was such a joy. Lindsay and Jamie were amazing! They were helpful, patient, and extremely accommodating. Rich did a fabulous job with the food. Our guests said it was the wedding of the summer. We would highly recommend you.

Sent on 08/30/2012

Stephanie · Married on 05/19/2012

The Tonawanda Castle was absolutely wonderful. The staff bent over backwards to see to it that all of our needs were met. The food was wonderful, served quickly and efficiently. The tables were decorated beautifully! All the guests were totally impressed when they walked into the ballroom and saw the tables all set up, and the chair covers finished it off. I can't say enough about the food!! Our guests were coming up to us all night and complimenting the dinner. We had over 200 guests and used the valet parking. There were no problems with parking. I would highly recommend anyone and everyone who asks about it.

Sent on 05/21/2012

Stephanie · Married on 05/19/2012

Everything was PERFECT! The service, the food, EVERYTHING! I would reccomend the Castle to anyone- Jamie was a pleasure to work with, always very responsive and very accomodating.

Sent on 06/04/2012
  • Ashley C (formerly P)

Ashley · Married on 03/31/2012

Where to even begin! Jamie and Lindsey are AWESOME to work with. I have so much to say and such a little space! I loved everything about our venue and everything about these two great women!! They are so helpful and they are actually THERE if you need something! Jamie was great the night of the wedding - making sure I kept my composure and that I was all set to go. Love love love these ladies. Oh and I can't forget Rich the chef! AMAZING food, hands down - the best ever.

Sent on 04/04/2012

Nicole · Married on 12/03/2011

Would definitely recommend the Tonawanda Castle. Not only was the venue beautiful, Jamie and Lindsey were incredibly helpful and always answered my questions promptly and professionaly, no matter how small and silly they were. The wedding night itself went beautifully and I was complimented over and over agin what an awesome night it was!

Sent on 02/29/2012
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2011

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous. They were extremely helpful and willing to work with my budget. They did all the setting up and everything like that, Took everything down. Food was amazing. Buffet for 140 people but food was fresh and hot and soooo good. :)

Sent on 09/21/2011

Michaelann And Eric · Married on 08/06/2011

My reception was perfect. They went over the top to make my day perfect. The food was amazing. My guests still comment on how good the food was. I couldnt ask for a more amazing day!

Sent on 09/01/2011
  • Y

Yelena · Married on 06/17/2017

The food was great! They always responded to all my emails and answered any questions that I had. Would recommend!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Cory · Married on 10/10/2014

It was the first place we scoped out, but certainly not the last. It is old but in a good way, it seems worn but classical and historic. Inside and out it is a beautiful building with ornate rooms and a special feel.
    The ceremony room is warm and intimate and the hall itself is grand yet inviting.The staff was great, they were always very responsive and helpful whether they were dealing with us or overbearing parents. They explained everything very thoroughly and were there whenever we had to stop by or had questions. We dealt with Jamie, Lindsay and Rich. They were always pleasant and courteous to us.
    They allowed us to do our own thing, set up some extra lighting and customize the venue and food to our liking.

The castle had good reviews for its food, and it did not disappoint. Our menu was such:
    Choice Entrée of:
    Lemon Rosemary ½ Chicken (bone-in)
    Mesquite Marinated Sirloin Steak with Red Pepper Coulis Drizzle
    Polenta and Vegetable Tower with Sweet Pepper Coulis (Vegan choice)
    Nothing but positive feedback raving about the food, that it was delicious and hot. They will pretty much do anything you want when it comes to food, and its great.
    The only problems we had were a bit of familial difficulty when it came to the tasting, but everything else was great and that was quickly corrected. Our wedding went off without a hitch thanks to Jamie and Lindsay, the only problem being the DJ, which isn't the castle's fault. Also in case you are looking to have a Gelato vendor come in an old timey cart- the cart will not fit into the castle. We found that out day of, but it wasn't a big deal.
    Lindsay set up our placecard table for us and it was perfect.
    Everyone has told us what a great wedding it was, from the romantic ceremony to the spacious warm looking hall. If you're looking for a venue that is like no other (no multiple weddings at one location, no cookie cutter banquet hall appearance) then the Castle is a great choice. We loved it.

Sent on 10/13/2014

Allison · Married on 05/17/2013

I don’t even know where to start! The Castle, along with Jamie, Rich and the rest of the staff are absolutely amazing. They are extremely flexible and willing to be helpful above and beyond the call of duty.
    I live in Washington DC, and planning from so far away was difficult. wedding planning was a HUGE stress on me but Jamie and Rich made it all come together and they took so much pressure off. I would come home to Buffalo, NY about once a month for planning purposes and every time, NO QUESTIONS ASKED and no appointments made, Jamie let me swing by and visit the castle. By the wedding day, the castle felt like a second home. It was absolutely perfect.
    Rich did an AMAZING job on the food. We had so many compliments! (Which was so important to us, foodies!) He was very flexible and had such a passion for food and catering. He was willing to do anything we asked of him and even offered to go above and beyond on certain details.
    One of the greatest aspects of working with the staff at the castle is that they really know their space. They offer great suggestions and honest advice. ei: EVERYONE tried to upsell me on “up-lighting” but Jamie told me “no.” She said, with my colors, up-lighting would actually wash out the room and that I didn’t need it. It was refreshing to be working with someone so honest.
    I gave them a 4.9 out of 5 stars because my only ‘complaint’, which isn’t even really a complaint; I wasn’t in love with the linens that they had available. NOTE* the Castle recently partnered with a new vendor for linens so they’re probably much better now.* That being said, everything worked out in the end! Again, because the staff is so willing to be helpful and accommodating!
    I would highly recommend the Tonawanda Castle for your wedding. They make improvements to the castle every day and they really appreciate and accommodate their clients and brides. You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 06/14/2013

The Tonawanda Castle's reply:

Thanks Allison! We are so very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your day. It was awesome getting to know you and your family!

Lisa · Married on 06/25/2017

My wedding was 6-25-17. We had a short notice wedding. I think we booked the castle about 2 months before our date during the busy June wedding season. Our coordinator was Lindsay, and she was great!! I really didn't think we stood a chance for a June wedding but she was able to accommodate us.
    Our wedding was perfect in every way. Lindsay had everything set up and ready to go before I even arrived so I was able to walk around and take it all in before all the craziness started. I gave Lindsay artistic freedom to set up our centerpieces as we were having some trouble deciding what looked best and Lindsay NAILED it!!! They were so beautiful.
    The upstairs Chapel was so beautifully decorated that we didn't need to add a single thing. Breathtaking!
    We had our furbabies in our wedding which would have been a deal breaker if my boys couldn't be there.
    Chef Kellog Is amazing. High energy and loves what he does. We had a sit-down dinner and we made up a menu together that was just amazing. All of our guests loved the food. He even made vegan meals!!!
    I made a couple of last minute changes to some things and Lindsay was so great about it!!! I really felt very comfortable and confident that my wedding was going to be perfect and it absolutely was!!
    I will highly recommend The Tonawanda Castle to everyone!!!
    Thank you Lindsay and Rich for helping to make our wedding just so much more special!!
    Lisa & Steve Liedy

Sent on 06/27/2017

Clark · Married on 12/28/2013

The venue was beautiful, clean, well maintained. Jamie was very helpful with planning the event. Rich did an excellent job with the food. We received many compliments on the venue, decor, and food. We got ready at the castle, had the ceremony on-site, and then had our reception. We had 170 attendees - the room the wedding was in, was packed to the seams, but everyone could see. While we were getting ready, they provided us Butler service, bringing our party snacks and beverages. My only complaint was that we were told that they would make sure that we (The Bride and Groom) ate during the reception. We had stations, we went up before we started our rounds and grabbed small plates of pasta, but by the time we were done with our greetings, the stations were closed and packed up. So we didn't end up getting to try any of the other food (Which we heard from our guests was good). We also didn't see any staff accept the bartenders after that point and we didn't go search them out, because we were trying to have fun. Overall it was a great time, but we were hungry and a little disappointed that no one checked in with us once the reception started. To be clear, I would hire them again and have my wedding there in a heartbeat, but there was that one negative part of the experience. Both us and our guests had a wonderful time.

Sent on 01/27/2014

Tiffany · Married on 09/21/2013

The team at the Tonawanda Castle was so easy to work with. From our initial tour to the end of our wedding night, Jamie was by our side making sure everything was running smoothly. Rich Kellogg, the head chef, was beyond talented, flexible and professional. Our guests had an amazing time!

Sent on 10/01/2013
  • User3761773

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful. My husband and I would not have chosen any other place to celebrate our big day. This venue is absolutely perfect, with its classic elegance. I would recommend this venue to anyone. Your guest's will be amazed and the service was excellent. Lindsay will ensure your every need is met. Along with the excellent food service and Chef Rich. Never wanted the day to end.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Sadie · Married on 06/04/2010

My wedding at the Castle was literally a dream come true. It was a beautiful wedding at a great facility. The food was excellent and the staff very accommodating. I have wonderful memories that will last a lifetime (and my family and friends were wowed by the facility too). It's really great to see that someone in the community put in the time and money to save this historical building (no small feat, you should see the before pics!!) and put it to such wonderful use. I highly recommend the Castle for weddings, b-day parties, showers...it awesome!

Sent on 06/16/2010