The Tonawanda Castle Reviews

81 | Tonawanda, NY

81 Reviews for The Tonawanda Castle

• F

Cheryl · Married on 04/30/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Tonawanda Castle! We got married on 4/30/16 and it was the most perfect day ever! Lindsay was our coordinator and I honestly could not have done this without her help. She was so easy to work, knowledgeable, and patient. Tina and Jamie were also great! The building is beautiful and speaks for itself. Rich made our food ideas fantastic! Everyone raved about how good everything was and how beautiful it turned out. I cannot recommend the Tonawanda Castle enough for anyone getting married!

Sent on 05/13/2016

Silverman · Married on 03/19/2016

I LOVE THE CASTLE!!!
    Seriously they made my wedding PERFECT! The service is outstanding, the food is amazing and they are so great to work with! Our coordinator was Lindsay she was so amazing and helpful, quick to respond and always working with all of my requests. Chef Rich helped me develop my menu ( which you get to make up entirely yourself, seriously you could have fried pickles be an entree!!) I could not tell you how many compliments I got on the venue, food and the professionalism. When it comes to weddings The Tonawanda Castle knows their stuff!! You have access to the entire castle. We took so many beautiful pictures in there! The aim to please and trust me you will be pleased! They took my ideas and made them come to life but even better than I ever could have imagined! You can not go wrong with this venue, I could go on for days but because they make each and every wedding so unique you should check them out for yourself, you WILL NOT be disappointed!! Thank you again everyone!!

Sent on 03/21/2016

We got married Thanksgiving weekend and had our wedding reception at The Tonawanda Castle. I can honestly say picking the castle was the best decision! The staff is extremely professional and they will cater to your every need. You can tell that they actually care about making your day as special because
    they have good communication with you throughout the whole process and go over every single detail.

My friend from high school who recently got engaged contacted me about my experience with The Castle this is what i told her:

" The Castle was the first place we looked at and nothing else compared! What really sold us and might be something to think about is #1: We loved the fact that we were the only wedding at the hall. YOU are the only thing they have to worry about and all the attention is from the staff is on you- Not another wedding or party!
    #2- you get to pick your menu from complete scratch. The chef is hysterical and knows his food! I am not kidding that it took us almost 2 hours on speakerphone with him to go over every detail of our meal. Everyone loved our food on our wedding day! He also has you come in for a tasting a few months prior to your wedding. He feeds and drinks you a lot of wine at the tasting! We brought our parents and they loved it!

#3- Don't get my wrong, there are many beautiful wedding spots in WNY that put together elegant weddings but we felt like we have been to so many weddings at the Lafayette, Pearl Street, etc. The castle is something different and we loved the fact that so many of our guest have never been there before. Our guest were all floored that something that beautiful existed in the city of tonawanda.

Our wedding day was a bit rainy and the building has such beautiful architecture, we were able to take all our pictures inside and they turned out great!!"

Thank you Lindsay, Rich and Jamie! You guys are awesome!! We hope to attend another event in the near future

Sent on 01/25/2016

Cory · Married on 10/11/2015

We held our wedding at the castle on October 11, 2015. My husband and I can not say enough about this venue. It is such a beautiful old building. And the staff there is top notch! Lindsey was my coordinator and she responded timely to emails even when the questions were neurotic and repeated multiple times. She also made everything go very smoothly in the set up process.

Rich, the chef, is a great guy and we enjoyed working with him. His food is top notch! All of our guests said so. He worked with us to come up with a great menu. My husband and I are self-proclaimed foodies and we loved every last bit of food given at our event!

The event went off without a hitch. Lindsey and staff did a beautiful job of setting up the venue! The price was also VERY reasonable for a wedding venue. We can not recommend this place enough!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Lindsay · Married on 08/08/2015

Where do I even begin?! I knew instantly that the Tonawanda Castle was going to be my reception venue. Having an exclusive wedding venue with lots of space was what I was interested in the most and The Castle fit that criteria perfectly. I was in contact with Jamie throughout the whole wedding process and I have nothing but amazing things to say about her. She acted as both a coordinator and a friend. I was never afraid to ask her questions, bring up concerns, or add in last minute details. She made everything seem like it was no big deal and really helped to put me at ease in many situations. The whole day ran extremely smoothly and all of my guests had an amazing time. Jamie did an excellent job of adding little touches of detail all around the room to make the venue seem elegant and breathtaking. She was extremely attentive to our guests and to my husband and I making sure that we had drinks in our hands and were enjoying the evening.

Now onto Rich, our favorite chef! I loved that The Castle had an on-site caterer who could create fabulous food! From the very beginning Rich was involved with us and pleasantly carried on many conversations early in the wedding process, involving our tastes and preferences. Rich helped my husband and I create a unique menu for our event that was absolutely delicious! Our guests still continue to rave about the food! Rich hosted my husband and I and our families for a wonderful tasting before the wedding date to sample the menu we had developed. It was really nice to be given the opportunity to tweek or change any of the menu items before things were set. On the day of the wedding, the food was passed promptly and no one felt as though they were waiting an unreasonable amount of time compared to the table across the way.

Overall, the day was perfect, the food was delicious, and everyone had a spectacular time. I wouldn't hesitate a minute to recommend this venue to anyone! Thank you Jamie and Rich!!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Laura · Married on 08/07/2015

Absolutely Beautiful! Perfect place for a wedding. No worries. Staff is excellent! The food is phenomenal!!! Thank you Lindsay, Jaime, Chef Rich and all staff for making our wedding day perfect.? Peter and Laura Bloomingdale.

Sent on 08/20/2015

Steve · Married on 07/11/2015

We had our wedding reception here on 7/11/15 and we are so glad we went with this venue. Jamie made things very easy and made us feel like she was our personal wedding planner. Rich's food is to die for. He met with us several times to make a custom menu to our tastes. When you meet with him he will make you feel like family. We trusted in the staff to make our day special and they came through big time. My wife and I couldn't be happier. We highly recommend the Tonawanda Castle to anyone.

Sent on 07/20/2015

amber · Married on 07/10/2015

Lindsay, Jamie and Rich are amazing! They made the grand ballroom look amazing. The food was delicious. Rich will customize your menu and pretty much help you have whatever you want on your day. Lindsay worked with me and answered a million questions without hestiation. The venue is beautiful and the pictures turned out amazing so far.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/02/2015

Tonawanda Castle is by far the best wedding venue in western new york. Lindsay was amazing she walked us through our ceremony and reception options. When I first walked in the day of our wedding I was shocked and amazed at how beautiful it looked. The staff added additional touches to our decor with their own flare that made the reception and ceremony area beautiful beyond my wildest dreams!!!! Rich prepared a fantastic meal our guests couldn't stop raving about the food. Rich was willing and able to create a menu suited to our needs including a specialized meal just for my daughter. Incredible, incredible incredible experience. If your looking for a wedding venue I would urge you to just sit down with Lindsay, Rich and Jamie, they will definitely make your wedding day dreams come true.

Sent on 05/05/2015

Karen · Married on 10/17/2014

We love this place! Rich, Jaime and Lindsay did an amazing job helping me plan my ceremony and reception. Everything was perfect for our wedding and our family couldn't say enough about what a wonderful time they had. The food was delicious. We also ordered cupcakes and they just melted in your mouth. Our wedding was better than we imagined!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Terry · Married on 08/16/2014

Lindsay was amazing to work with as were the rest of the ladies. Lindsay handled most of our preperation and was very hands on the day of. The service we recieved was 2nd to none. The castle is Beautiful inside and out we were able to get lots of amazing photos of our wedding there. I highly reccomend this as a top notch venue for your special day.

Sent on 08/29/2014

Jaclyn · Married on 08/16/2014

We had our wedding ceremony on location. It was beautiful and couldn't have asked for a better experience. We also loved all the different rooms for getting ready or for awesome picture backdrops. Thank you so much

Sent on 08/30/2014

Kristin · Married on 08/02/2014

We have a boundless amount of wonderful things to say about our experience with the Tonawanda Castle for our August 2nd wedding so we will try to paraphrase as best as possible! From the very beginning, Jamie (our coordinator) & Rich (head chef) made us feel completely at home and relaxed about our experience. We loved that we were able to customize the day to our style, and the selection with the custom menu was completely unique and something you do not find with most wedding venues…in other words, Rich basically asked “What do you want on your menu?” Rich and his team did an amazing job, and even helped work with us for delicious menu items to cater to our vegan/vegetarian guests. Jamie and her staff laid out the grand ballroom so stunningly, worked with us on the floor plan and even gave us the amazing idea to do a Captain’s table so we could have the social, party vibe we wanted. We ended up having more guests than intended (nearly 150) for the ceremony space, but Jamie was a pro in making everything work flawlessly. Our entire day progressed effortlessly and the 2-3 insignificant snags that popped up were taken care of before we even knew about them. She made EVERY request we had work out! Our guests were absolutely blown away by the entire day, the beautiful space, but most especially the food. The venue is so beautiful, we loved that we had the main ballroom , but also access to smaller rooms for people to chat, the gorgeous balcony to overlook the party, and the 3rd floor bridal suite for the girls to get ready. Our special day was BETTER than perfect, and we are so thankful for the team at the Tonawanda Castle for helping us have our dream wedding!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Shannon · Married on 05/10/2014

I cannot say enough about how amazing the Castle was for my wedding reception a few weeks ago. Jamie and Lindsay were so incredibly helpful throughout the whole planning process. They answered my million questions without hesitation and when it came to the day of, they handled every single decoration and detail perfectly. I could not have asked for a better team to work with!! Rich the caterer is beyond amazing! He tailored the menu to what we asked for specifically and the food was wonderful. I received many compliments about the great appetizer spread (not just your typical cheese/vegetables) and the great meal! The waiter/waitressing staff throughout the meal couldn't have been better, keeping the meal to only 45 minutes as we requested. Lastly the place itself - it is beautiful! We arrived at the Castle early to take some bridal party pictures because there are so many lovely rooms on the upper floors. The pictures turned out amazing and I know my guests enjoyed exploring the different rooms during the reception to see the history of the place. Overall, I am so happy with the Castle and would highly recommend them for a reception or other event!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Lauren · Married on 02/23/2014

We had our wedding at the Tonawanda Castle last month and absolutely enjoyed the entire experience. Things were a bit crazy for us in that we were planning our wedding from out of town, but Jamie and others at the Castle made it as convenient and stress-free as possible. They had wonderful suggestions, had everything organized, and were really attentive to satisfying our every hope for the special day. Both sides of the wedding party got ready at the castle, we took photos there, and then had the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception with 175 guests all at the beautiful venue. The guests loved that it was all contained in the same venue and it was extremely convenient for us that day. We received so many compliments on how unique the venue was, how gorgeous everything came together, and about the entire experience. In one quote from a guest it was "the best ceremony, best food, & best music" at a wedding ever!! We absolutely would recommend the castle to anyone looking to have a wonderful staff help and/or guide you to create your ultimate wedding experience. In terms of the food, it was amazing. We took time to ourselves for some of cocktail hour and they made sure to have plates sampling the appetizers waiting on our sweetheart table for us to make sure to try. We then had immaculate service for our dinner and drinks. The head server and bartender both came over to introduce themselves to us and made sure to check in with us throughout the night to make sure we were happy with everything. Rich, the head chef was fabulous in allowing us to create our own menu and was definitely not cookie-cutter at all. We went in for a tasting with some family members and were able to tailor every little detail to make sure it was exactly what we liked. It was very reassuring to be able to try things and see him work his magic before the actual day. Overall, it was the perfect venue, day, and experience for our wedding. Wish we could relive it all again!!

Sent on 03/16/2014

Amy · Married on 11/30/2013

They did a great job with everything.

Sent on 01/28/2014

The tonawanda castle provided an amazing experience for my wedding. The staff was always available to answer questions. I had a vision for our wedding and they were able to bring it to life. The food was wonderful. Rich was able to create a menu that was one of a kind and something that my guests will rave about for years! I am so happy that we chose to begin our life at the tonawanda castle.

Sent on 10/15/2013
  • F

Frank · Married on 10/12/2013

Beautiful, elegant setting. My wife and I couldn't have enjoyed our wedding any more. Staff was very organized, professional and accommodating. Food was amazing.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Beth · Married on 09/14/2013

My daughter had her wedding at the Castle this past weekend. It was amazing. Jamie and her staff were a delight to work with and made this whole process enjoyable. I love the fact that we were able to use a suite of rooms to get ready. Our hairdressers had plenty of room and everything they needed to get us ready for the day. A wonderful lunch was served. It made the whole process so relaxed. All we had to do was go upstairs for the wedding. Our guests loved the food.........it was a real hit of the evening. The best food they had ever eaten at a wedding! The chef prepares a creative, exciting and delicious menu for his bride. You can't ask for more than that. I had been concerned that the large space would be too much for our smaller wedding but Jamie and her staff arranged it beautifully. We felt very comfortable. I would tell anyone to please consider the Castle for their next wedding or for any event.

Sent on 09/16/2013

Sarah · Married on 09/06/2013

We had our ceremony at the Castle and it was BEAUTIFUL!! everyone is so helpful there!! All our guests had nothing but great things to say about it!!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Krista · Married on 08/24/2013

I highly recommend the Tonawanda Castle. The venue is beautiful. Rich allowed us to customize our own menu and the food was awesome. Lindsay went above and beyond for us. All inquires during the planning process were responded to quickly. The entire staff was wonderful. They were all very accommodating
    and helpful. We were extremely pleased.

Sent on 08/27/2013

We used Tonawanda Castle for our reception and they were amazing! They go above and beyond to make you special day truly memorable and the space was stunning after they were done with it! Lindsay, Jamie, and Rich are wonderful. I can't say enough good things about them!

Sent on 08/30/2013

Lisa · Married on 06/15/2013

Our wedding at the Castle exceeded our expectations! The room looked absolutely beautiful and the food was amazing! Our guests are still raving about the food and how wonderful and cool the Castle is for a wedding! Jamie was so easy to work with, and responded to all my questions within a day or less. She designed a custom seating arrangement for us to accomodate are huge head table, and it was perfect! Rich let us customize our menu and true to his word-the food service was less than an hour and delicious :) I wish I could eat it all again! I would absolutely recommend the Castle to another bride---beautiful venue, helpful staff, and low stress!!

Sent on 07/13/2013

Brian · Married on 06/14/2013

Jamie and the entire Tonawanda Castle staff was awesome! I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/06/2013

I can't express how amazing our wedding was. I wish I could do it all over again!! The castle staff was so amazing and helpful, they gave us an entire day of being pampered like queens! My whole bridal party and I enjoyed the beautiful 3rd floor bridal suite all day and they even provided us a butler service!! Jamie and staff were wonderful and made sure everything went perfect! We had our ceremony there as well and it was so pretty, we loved it! The food was awesome, even our guests were gushing over the meal!! Chef Richard really made our vision come to life and dinner was perfect. I can't wait to have our 10 year anniversary party at the Castle!! Best day of my life, thanks again Tonawanda Castle staff...you guys are amazing :)

Danielle and Brian

Sent on 07/09/2013

The Tonawanda Castle's reply:

That's very sweet Danielle! It was really neat to see your theme come to life the day of the event! Rest assured....we will be here to service your 10 year renewal! All the best from us at The Castle!