The Sycamore at Mallow Run Reviews

Katie · Married on 03/25/2018

3.0
      1.5
      2.0

The Sycamore venue is beautiful and we are happy we chose to have our wedding there. There are a few things that we feel they could improve on though. One of the biggest issues was that other potential clients were being shown around while we were trying to decorate and prepare for our day. Several groups and individuals were nosing around at our decor for quite a long period of time and we felt like they clearly didn’t belong there. Several guests from the wedding next door kept hanging around until I had to tell them they didn’t belong on our side.
    Also, the table cloths that the Sycamore staff put on the guestbook table and gift table were terribly wrinkled and looked bad. I’m glad we had a steamer with us and had the time to steam the table cloths because that was one of the first things guests see when they arrive.
    Our other issue was with our appointed coordinator Kim. She really needs to learn to listen and take notes and then look at her notes! She asked some of the same questions every time we met or spoke with her and then still forgot things on the day of the wedding. For example, she had told us when we first met with her that Sycamore staff would take care of putting out our appetizers/snacks in the gallery while the ceremony was going on. I had asked her to double check and make sure this would be done. Then on the day of the wedding she asked me who I had to do this! I told her she had told me her staff would and she said “Oh, I forgot”. This is just one example. She is very nice and tries to be helpful but she really needs to pay better attention and listen.
    There was a worker that sat up the chairs, etc. and she was an awesome worker. I wish I could remember her name because she went above and beyond!
    We were very happy with our florist, Shane White from Crister’s Florist in Morgantown, our caterer Sweet & Savory

Sent on 04/25/2018