The Sweet Life Reviews

12 | Winterville, NC

12 Reviews for The Sweet Life

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Sara · Married on 01/08/2011

I used The Sweet Life after reading some wonderful reviews about them. I could not have asked for an easier vendor to work with. She was professional, fun, and very creative. The consultation was the nicest out of all 6 that we went to. The prices were less expensive than nearly every other cake bakery and the quality was superior. They offered a lot of flavors and never had a more moist cake. We were completely satisfied with every aspect of service provided by The Sweet Life.

I would recommend The Sweet Life to anyone.

Sent on 02/10/2011

Emily · Married on 06/19/2010

Jennifer with 'The Sweet Life' was the most thorough consultation we experienced when choosing a wedding cake vendor. Her cakes/frostings/fillings are delicious and the price is just right too! Thank you again for a beautiful wedding cake. Our guests truly enjoyed every bite!!

Sent on 07/08/2010

Greta · Married on 05/22/2010

I used the Sweet Life (Jen) to do my wedding cake after getting prices from other local bakeries. Jen's price was less expensive than most but the ones that were less money lacked the quality that we found Jen's cake had. Not only was the taste testing appointment nicer, her cakes were awesome! They were really moist and her fillings were obviously homemade.

She made us feel totally comfortable and at ease at the tasting. She was 100 percent professional and very flexible. She encourage us to get different flavors of cake within our wedding cake and we gave her our swatches to match the colors and she matched them perfectly.

I would recommend Jennifer and The Sweet Life to anyone who is interested in getting a cake that not only looks exactly like you want, tastes amazing and is a great value for the service and product you'll receive.

Sent on 06/22/2010
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 10/10/2009

Jen gets 5.0 across the board - Everyone is still talking about "that cake" and how wonderful it tasted. But let me start at the beginning. I called Jen at 9:30 at night - my parents were coming into town (a 400 mile drive) and wanted me to set up tastings last minute with some cake people. I actually did a tasting with a well-known cake maker here in Greenville - it was HORRIBLE! Dry cake, not even a bite to share amongst 3 people! Anyway...I was excepting to get an answering machine to leave a desperate message on but Jen picked up! I explained the situation and she said let me call you right back. 15 minutes later she called and asked me the basics... taste, style, # people, e-mail... She said again that she would call me right back (come to find out she was discussing all this with me while she was baking some cakes! Dedication!) Within 20 minutes I had received an e-mail with pricing information with everything I wanted included. She then called to tell me she sent the e-mail! We set up a tasting for that Sunday (this all happened on Friday night). We arrived at the tasting in awe! There was a place setting for all 4 of us! We EACH had our own sample - no sharing here! She had 3 cakes for us to try and a couple of icings... We all fell in love with the white almond cake with the cream cheese icing! WOW! She drew out designs right then and there and I had no reservations about paying 1/2 down! In fact the cake was 1/4 the cost of the other cake maker (you know.. the one that was horrible)! My fiancée' at the time was unable to make it - no worries there - the cake we decided on was all boxed up and ready for him to try too!!!

Jen was flexible when I called her asking if we could add a "fake" layer to get the cake to stand a bit higher - IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!! You couldn't tell which layer was the "fake" - in fact my husband and I tried to cut that first... laughed and realized we couldn't get through.

I came to find out after the wedding the Jen was rear-ended on the way to our wedding. I would have never known - the cake was there one time and looked absolutely wonderful! She truly is aware of how important she is to a wedding day and takes pride in her work!

I will be using Jen for EVERY cake I need!!! Thank you Jen!

Sent on 01/26/2010

Bobbi · Married on 05/16/2009

I actually found out about The Sweet Life by being behind her vehicle one day at a stop light after picking up my daughter from daycare. I scheduled an appointment with Jennifer for a cake tasting and she was very flexible with my availability being that I worked Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. Our cake tasting was romantic, professional and of course delicious! I now use The Sweet Life for any special occassion that requires a cake or specialty desert. Our wedding cake looked GORGEOUS (just as I imagined it to be) and tasted fabulous! I recommend The Sweet Life to anyone not only looking for a wedding cake but for all of your special occassion cakes!

Sent on 06/27/2009

Casey · Married on 12/31/2008

This was a GREAT vendor! She listened to exactly what I wanted and delivered. I even had a reception that was about 45 mins away from where my 3-tier cake was being made and it was delivered on time and in perfect condition. I never had to worry about a thing, and knew everything was being taken cared of.

Sent on 02/17/2009

Blake · Married on 10/06/2007

Working with the Sweet Life was one of the easiest parts of our wedding and I have never tasted cake as good as hers! Highly recommend The Sweet Life!

Sent on 12/02/2008

Beth · Married on 11/07/2009

Jennifer was amazing. I thought I had everything ready for my wedding when I FINALLY got a taste test from the lady you was originally making my cake. It was horrible. I found The Sweet Life, contacted Jennifer and had my first taste testing within a few days! I came to her a month before my wedding and she came through for me 100%. The cake looked absolutely beautiful and tasted great too. I highly recommend the chocolate...it was delicious!

Sent on 02/13/2010

Philip · Married on 09/05/2009

My wife and I recently got married, and as part of our planning, we were looking for someone to do our wedding cake. I found The Sweet Life when I was looking for local bakeries online. Mrs. Loftus was very polite throughout the entire process. When we went for a tasting, she was completely prepared. My wife and I both knew what design and flavor we wanted for our cake, and upon seeing it at the wedding reception, we were blown away. The cake was exactly like the picture that we had given Mrs. Loftus. And it was just large enough to provide cake for everyone that attended the wedding. We could not be happier with the cake, and would recommend her to anyone looking for a cake for any special occasion.

Sent on 10/11/2009

Garnet · Married on 05/12/2009

The cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious. It was the prettiest cake I've ever seen. She worked with me on the size & cost so I could get what I wanted. Everything was perfect

Sent on 06/26/2010

Katie · Married on 07/26/2008

This vender was very willing to work with my ideas and adapt to what I wanted. It was sometimes hard to reach her; however, the finished product was better than I could have ever imagined

Sent on 11/11/2008

The Sweet Life's reply:

During the planning stages for this bride, regretfully I was going through a serious medical issue with my child. The bride was still a pleasure to work with, gracious and patient throughout this difficult time.

kelly · Married on 10/18/2008

Everyone was amazed at how beautiful the cake looked & was absolutely delicious!

Sent on 11/14/2008