The Susquehanna Photographic Reviews

82 | York, PA

82 Reviews for The Susquehanna Photographic

Rachel · Married on 05/14/2011

I don't even know where to begin to write a review of Allison and Philip! To say they were wonderful would be an understatement!

From the first meeting to the day of the wedding, everything was so easy. Whenever I had a question, I could e-mail Allison and she would get back to me quickly and put my worried Bride-mind at ease! She even gave helpful decorating tips ;) The responsiveness after the wedding was so quick too. It seemed like we got our pictures back in no time!

They are talented professionals. They worked so well with our crazy wedding party and had great ideas! Even after the wedding, I'm still getting comments on how nice, cool, fun, and talented they were.

The value is amazing, it really can't be beat. For all of the work they do and the amount of images you receive it's a steal. And the albums are gorgeous! I had never seen any like them.

I can honestly say I have no regrets choosing Allison and Philip to document the best day of my life so far :)

Sent on 06/07/2011

Donna · Married on 04/23/2011

Perfect, patient, professional!!! They captured every detail and were described by all my guests as 'stealth like'. They were everywhere but seemed invisible at the same time!

Sent on 06/28/2011
  • Melody

Melody · Married on 12/29/2010

Allison and Philip were incredible. I was looking for a photographer that offered me to right to my photos, at an affordable price. With Susquehanna Photographic I got two of them for less than the price of any single photographer I had researched. They responded to my e-mails swiftly, often within the hour. Their office is a bit hard to locate, but Philip walked out to meet me at my car and guide me in. I booked with them and then, due to a family tragedy, had to move the wedding up by more than 8 months. This left me with the daunting task of putting the wedding together in a few weeks, and they were extremely flexible, moving their own holiday schedules and offering to network me with other vendors to pull it all off. When it came to the day of, they were incredibly helpful, Allison helping me get ready and Philip stepping in as our coordinator, making sure everyone was at the right place at the right time. I didn't notice them during the ceremony but they got some great shots. They made the family poses and bridal party photos incredibly fun and simple (which is hard with my family) and they captured the fun and vibrancy of the reception wonderfully. They really listened to what i wanted in my photos and did an excellent job capturing the love and fun of the day. It's only been two weeks now since my wedding, and I already have the DVD and online gallery of all the photos. Overall, they were stellar.

Sent on 01/15/2011

Karlie · Married on 11/20/2010

Philip and Allison were AWESOME to work with. They did both our engagement and wedding photos. Anything we wanted to do, they went out of their way to do it and make it an amazing picture. They made everyone feel comfortable and we never felt judged- "they really want that in the picture??" haha! Thank you Allison and Philip for capturing our amazing day with such amazing photos. We couldn't have asked for anything better!!!!

Sent on 12/07/2010

Julie · Married on 10/29/2010

Allison and Philip were amazing! They were everything you could hope for: flexible, creative & professional. They were willing to work with me by email and only a couple short face-to-face meetings since I lived out of state. Their goal is to photograph your wedding day as it is and to tell your story, not to give you cookie-cutter images that could have happened at any event. They were very professional on our wedding day, but at the same time they were relaxed and comfortable, which helped all of us look relaxed and natural for our formal shots. Everyone from my grandparents, to my cousins to my college friends has commented on how great Allison and Philip were and how wonderful the photos are. They also designed awesome thank-you notes for us with a photo of my husband and me on the front- I would definitely recommend taking advantage of that option. My only regret is that my husband and I didn't make time to schedule engagement photos with Allison and Philip, since that would have given us even more amazing photos!

Sent on 01/18/2011

Erica · Married on 10/10/2010

The most flexible, fun loving, AMAZING photographers you will ever find who just happen to take amazing photos. Period. Do not pass go, book immediately if they are available for your wedding day. You won't regret it.

Sent on 01/30/2011

Shauna · Married on 10/02/2010

The Susquehanna Photographic (Allison and Phillip) were very professional and also very flexible to meet with us and make sure they took the pictures that we wanted them to take. They also answered any questions we had through e-mail very promptly.

We wanted to make sure our photography session after our ceremony didn't take extremely long because we know what it is like to wait at the reception for the bride and groom to arrive. However, the photographs were very important to us so we wanted to make sure they were spectacular. We expressed these thoughts to Allison and Phillip in one of our first meetings. On our wedding day they made sure that we got all of the shots we wanted where we wanted in a fast way, including family pictures, bridal party pictures, and pictures of just the two of us. All the while they were so patient and professional.

From our first meeting with Allison and Phillip, my worries about our photographs were gone because I knew that everything would be taken care of. Now we have beautiful photos to show!

Sent on 01/13/2011

Beth · Married on 08/28/2010

I can't say enough about Allison and Phillip. I have never seen such beautiful pictures and everyone who has seen them has said the same. They made the whole process fun and easy, but the end result was stunning. No one ever likes to see pictures of themselves, but Allison and Phillip make everyone look amazing, they capture the light, the scenery, the day, just perfectly. The best part is how easy it is and affordable to get your pictures after the wedding. Don't waste your money with any other photographer. Susquehana Photographic is the best!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2010

Nick · Married on 08/27/2010

We stumbled across Philip and Allison at York's Wedding Expo. Out of the many wedding photographers at the expo, their work really jumped out to us. We were looking for artist and creative photographs that we could cherish through our life, not the typical posed wedding photographs. So we chose Philip and Allison, and what we got was even more than we expected. Not only did their photographs surpass our expectations, but they were a pure delight. Philip and Allison have a real eye for beautiful and artistic compositions. Somehow they seemed to capture the emotion of every special moment from our wedding. Their warmth and laid back style made us and our guests feel at ease while being photographed. They really cared about our wants and needs. Overall, the photos ROCK, the experience ROCKED, and the end product will always be cherished. A big (jumping, 80's style) high five to Philip and Allison! Kudos!

Sent on 09/16/2010

M · Married on 08/21/2010

Allison and Philip did both our engagement and wedding photos. They are amazing and all of our friends and family rave about the quality of the images and their creativity.

Their wedding package is an amazing value considering you get 2 photographers and all of the photos under a Creative Commons license. It was very important to us that we have access to the photos for the future. And we're impressed that Susquehanna Photographic is so forward thinking that they use a Creative Commons license. Most photographers do not offer this option.

Additionally, they were flexible and worked with us when we wanted to change the schedule for our wedding. They were very professional during the event. They blended in enough to get great shots, but also interacted with our guests in a friendly manner.

Overall, we loved working with them and will definitely contact them in the future when we need a photographer or two.

Sent on 09/15/2010

Courtney · Married on 08/20/2010

Allison and Phil photographed our wedding two years ago and I STILL marvel at our photos. They captured the essence of our day perfectly. I remember being nervous about being photographed all day, but their laid-back yet efficient manner made us feel incredibly comfortable. They listened and took notes at our first meeting and really got to know us as a couple, and when it came to the wedding day they delivered just what we requested. The style of the photos was candid, natural, and simply stunning. Allison and Phil are more than photographers; they are artists, and you won't regret asking them to put their artistic touch on the memories of your big day.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Beckie · Married on 08/06/2010

Allison and Philip were SO flexible and able to give us EXACTLY what we wanted from our photographers. For the price and having two photographers all day, we couldn't have asked for anything better.

Sent on 08/25/2010

Heather · Married on 07/31/2010

I would definitely would recommend Philip & Allison to anyone looking for a photographer. They took awesome pictures. For the price, availability of photo's, & the creativeness with taking them they are by far the best. Thanks guys :)

Sent on 08/29/2010

Amber · Married on 06/25/2010

Philip and Allison were the best deal of the entire wedding. For someone like me who values pictures of just about everything, they were so worth the great price they charge! I met them through my bridesmaid, and boy am I glad I did!! I do not hesitate to recommend them to everybody I run into. They got shots of the boys and girls which I really wanted, even though they weren't sure at first where the boys would be! They, also, travelled from York to Philadelphia and were so affordable it couldn't have been any easier.
    My husband researched the photo site before hand (I had never been there) and Philip and Allison had never been there either. I had several people ask me, "Have they been here before?" because they were so efficient and creative on the spot!
    I am so thrilled with my pictures and it was so nice to only wait 2 weeks to get to see them online!!
    I could go on and on, but if you can, I would book them any special event!

Sent on 07/12/2010

Devin · Married on 06/12/2010

Allison and Philip, You truly made our wedding unforgettable. We've received so many compliments from family and friends on the stunning images you captured. From rehearsal dinner to reception, you nailed it. You never felt in the way, which can be common at weddings, yet managed to find those special candid shots. Both of you really have a keen eye for those elite moments. Besides your professional excellence, you are two wonderful people to be around. Your personalities and kindness to not only Mandy and I, but all of our guests, was noticed. Thank you both for such a wonderful experience!

Sent on 07/15/2010

Courtney · Married on 06/05/2010

When I started my search for wedding photographers, I wanted creative, candid, & fun photography...photos that captured the little details that we could remember years down the road. That's exactly what Allison and Phillip gave us! I found them through an online search...I fell in love with their work immediately! Not only are they very talented, they are also very professional. We live in Nebraska and planned a long distant wedding to Pennsylvania (where my family resides), and Allison was great to work with over email and on the phone as we ironed out the details from 1500 miles away. The day of our wedding, Allison & Phillip gave equal attention to both the girls and the guys, and somehow managed to capture great details of the ceremony in between all the people shots! Their compositions are tasteful and well balanced. When our time with them was running short, they stayed at our reception longer then their paid time to capture our cake cutting and toasts...which they did not have to do! They quickly set up an online photo gallery for us to share with our friends & family. Everyone loves the photos! I am sad that they don't lived closer to Nebraska, because I know we would use them for other photography jobs...but we are so thankful that we stumbled across these guy in York, PA! All the other photographers that I liked but couldn't afford had starting prices of $3000 for their wedding packages. Four times more than Susquehanna Photographic. They truly captured our wedding day in a way that we never imagined. Thank you Allison & Phillip!

Sent on 06/22/2010

Amy · Married on 05/29/2010

We stumbled across Allison and Phillip by doing a websearch and I am so happy we did! They went above and beyond to create the best pictures that really reflected our own style. They met us in a location of our choice for our engagement photos which turned out great! They also stayed at our wedding longer than we had agreed to just to get some nice shots of our reception. They really went above and beyond to make our pictures just as special as our wedding day. They are versatile and the cost was way less than they are worth!!!! Grab them now while you can!!!

Sent on 06/18/2010

Nichole · Married on 05/28/2010

Allison and Philip were wonderful to work with! Our pictures turned out beautifully, nothing less than what I would have expected from two incredibly talented photographers! They made the photography aspect of wedding planning as simple as possible. Not to mention their prices are incomprable to that of others! They captured so many priceless memories! We were lucky to have worked with such great photographers! I would absolutely recommend The Susquehanna Photographic, they do fantasic work!

Sent on 07/13/2010

Nate and Kate · Married on 05/15/2010

Allison and Phillip listened to what we wanted and provided amazing results. We were very pleased with their professional manner, but so relieved by their laid back and creative style. The value was excellent and we couldn't be more thrilled.
    Thank you!

Sent on 06/04/2010

Kayla · Married on 05/15/2010

We loved working with Allison and Philip. They were very easy going and captured a lot of great shots. My husband and I would definitely recommend The Susquehanna Photographic to our friends!

Sent on 06/23/2010

Kate · Married on 05/15/2010

Allison and Philip were amazing to work with for our wedding! They added a unique, artistic flair to our photos which we loved.

They listened to all our ideas, and made a few suggestions and we love all our pictures. They come highly recommended!!

Sent on 01/07/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/01/2010

One word: Amazing!!!! Susquehanna Photographic was truly a God send. My (now)husband and I were looking at various places for photograghers and they were all out of our budget. Then we found Allison and Phillip and we fell in love with them and their work from the beginning. The cost was just right. We got our engagement pictures done the first time and didn't really like them (not much to do in a room, but it was snowing outside at the time) so Allison allowed use to have another session when it got warm outside. Went to the lake and took pictures. THE OUTCOME WAS BREATH TAKING!!!! I love love love the pictures. And then the wedding came and both of them did a wonderful job. I am so glad we went with them. I would not have had it any other way. They were very easy to work with and very fun to be around. They also allowed us to make up our own poses as well when we did pictures :) And they send a CD with the pictures of everything on it and that helps me out so I can pass it around to family members and friends who want to see the pictures and don't have access to the internet. I love these guys and will DEFINITELY be doing future business with them when I need family photos and so forth. Any time someone says they need a photographer I tell them about Sus. Photo. :) I can't thank them enough for helping me to keep these memories alive through the photos. These guys are amazing, wonderful, terrific, and creative. Love 'em!

Sent on 05/21/2010

Kristi · Married on 04/30/2010

I am reviewing prematurely, as I haven't yet seen our actual photos from our April 30th wedding (it's only May 10, so I wasn't expecting to!). So, while I cannot comment on the photography, I can say that Allison and Zach were an absolute pleasure to work with. I found them through a friend (Allison's aunt), and am so very happy that I did. We decided to have our pictures done before the ceremony, and had booked our photography team starting at 3:30. We found out the day before that someone was going to be on site, so we could show up earlier if we wanted to. My bridesmaids and I arrived at 3, and Allison and Zach arrived pretty much the same time we did--despite having been detoured on Rte. 15. I imagine they were hoping to have a minute or two to scout the grounds, but instead they got a slightly frazzled bride, two bridesmaids, and a limping mother-of-the-bride. Throughout the rather hectic two hours that followed, Allison was a godsend. While my sister was waiting for the adhesive on her stick-on bra to dry and my mom was complaining about how much her feet hurt and my bridesmaids were sewing up each others' dresses, Allison calmly managed to not only take pictures, but also relay messages and ease my worried mind. She was funny and relaxed, and gave us plenty of direction without being pushy (and I know we were not easy to work with!). She even breezily disregarded my mother and bridesmaids (generally tactful and well-mannered people) hovering in the background taking pictures over her shoulder--despite my reminder that we had hired professionals for a REASON. Sigh. My mother-in-law decided she wanted pictures of each side of my husband's family taken...after dinner, when there was no natural light left, so poor Allison and Zach had to corral us in a room and try to get the exposure right while all kinds of relatives were milling around and grumbling (for instance, while they were testing the light, I heard more than one person complain that they "weren't ready" for the picture, or ask how many pictures she was planning on taking...I don't know much about photography, but apparently some people know nothing at all!)--and again, taking the damn pictures over her shoulder! Come on, people. At any rate, she and Zach were troopers--completely professional, never displaying any annoyance or irritation (though I KNOW they must have felt it!), and magically getting everything done. I can't wait to see the photos....but their presence alone was worth a review! Oh--I should also add that their rates are fabulous, and they took on our wedding after our original photographer backed out. Thanks, guys!

Sent on 05/10/2010

laura · Married on 09/19/2009

They were great to work with, and I loved the photos!

Sent on 11/12/2009

Kristen · Married on 06/20/2009

the pictures they took were amazing! we couldnt of asked for better photographers! :)

Sent on 11/23/2009