The Susquehanna Photographic Reviews

82 | York, PA

82 Reviews for The Susquehanna Photographic

We could not have asked for better photographers for our wedding day. Allison and Phillip were a joy to work with, many times they were the ones who carried the train of my dress or held my bouquet, and once Phillip stood in mud over his shoes to get a shot! Our photos turned out beautifully, they captured the big and small details of our wedding day and the personality of our guests. Many of our guests (including us) are camera shy, but after the wedding many of our guests said that they didn't even know there were photographers present. They were open to our ideas for photos and put their own unique style on them. We received our edited photos on our online album within two weeks of our wedding and we received the rights to our photos at no extra cost! If we could get married again we would still choose The Susquehanna Photographic.

Sent on 11/19/2012

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2012

Love! Love! Love! If I could give Allison and Philip 10 out of 5 stars, I would! They are two amazing people with a very original and creative eye! They are great to work with, easy going, and stick to the schedule (very important when you don't have much time to work with)! If you are looking for a photographer to capture all those great moments, look no further, you found them!

Sent on 12/29/2012

Kayla · Married on 10/13/2012

The Susquehanna Photographic was fantastic from start to finish! I am not a very good planner and have a very busy schedule and we only met once and exchanged a few emails here and there and the day went perfect. They knew all the right pictures to take and made it quick and painless and even FUN! I LOVE their style and the guys even loved them too! Perfect pic and great pricing.

Sent on 12/18/2012

Josh · Married on 09/29/2012

My wife and I Could not be any happier with our wedding photos that Phil and Allison have done for us! They made our wedding day relaxing and special, Phil was amazing with the interaction with my groomsmen and I, and Allison was very creative with my wife and her girls. The creativity they have is amazing and they were willing to take the pictures we were interested in and added their own style to them as well. We plan on using them for any photography we need in the future. I would recommend them to anyone 100 times over.

Sent on 10/15/2012

Sam · Married on 08/18/2012

We cannot say enough good things about working with Susquehanna Photographic. Both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures were outstanding. Allison and Philip were so easy to work with and so much fun to be around. They took our ideas and turned them into things that were even better than we had imagined. They set realistic expectations for picture turn around (which was QUICK despite the fact that they got married just a few weeks after our wedding). The photos we received were gorgeous. They told the story of our perfect day. We could not be happier with our decision and recommend using The Susquehanna Photographic to any couple.

Sent on 11/26/2012

Elissa · Married on 07/07/2012

Phil and Allison are awesome! They were our photographers for our wedding on July 7th at Moonstone Manor. We also had an engagement session done by them! Those pictures were awesome too. They even drove an hour so we could have the pictures done around where we grew up. They helped design our save the dates which I got tons of compliments on! My mom and I made a lot of decorations for the wedding and we had a lot of detail. Some of it I didn't even get to see because the day was so busy. Allison and Phil captured all of the details we worked so hard on. It was so nice to look through our photos and see everything come together!! They took really unique shots and captured the beauty of the landscape around us as well. We got our wedding photos back just 2 weeks after our wedding! I was blown away by that! We have so many good pictures of me and my husband, as well as family and friends and the wedding details! We will have a hard time picking out the ones we want to hang in our house! Allison and Phil are very organized. While getting family shots they quickly gathered people and got the good shots and sent family on their way to enjoy the wedding. There was not much lag time for people waiting to get pictures. They are very down to earth, easy going and fun to be around too! They are the total package and I highly recommend them for any occasion!!!

Sent on 07/26/2012

Kasey · Married on 06/16/2012

My husband and I were very impressed and excited with the wedding photography services provided by Susquehanna Photographic. Their outstanding service, knowledge, and ability went well beyond our wedding day to also include engagement photos, pre-wedding preparation, a great deal of communication, and post-wedding review.  Their photography services were conducted in an extremely professional manner while maintaining a friendly feeling that made the experience all the more enjoyable.  All of the staged photos were done in a prompt manner, leaving more time to enjoy the special day.  The bridal party was also very complimentary on the efficiency of Susquehanna Photographic to get their pictures “over-with” to enjoy the reception, which I know from past experience is not always the case.  The pictures taken during the wedding and reception captured the true activities and emotions of the event, as Susquehanna Photographic took mainly “real-time” photos without us or the guests even knowing they were being photographed.

Susquehanna Photographic did an outstanding job with our special day.  We could not have asked for a better team to work with.  With Allison & Philip, after the big day is all said and done, you don’t only get top-class photographers and photos, but you also get to know a great couple!  To prospective brides and grooms, both my husband and I highly recommend Susquehanna Photographic for all your photography needs.

Thanks for everything, Allison & Philip!

Kasey & Christian Miller

Sent on 07/11/2012

Michelle · Married on 06/10/2012

I love them! They arrived on site and immediately started pictures of us getting ready even though we only paid for them to take pictures of the ceremony and the reception. They also stay out of the way and you barely realize they are there. They are professional, yet super fun. Allison and Philip make you feel very comfortable, so the pictures are more relaxed. I would recommend them a million times over.

Sent on 06/11/2012
  • Suzann

Suzann · Married on 05/26/2012

We loved working with Allison and Philip. They were so great during the wedding- helping the guys with their ties, watching the puppy while we were busy, looking the otherway while I (the bride) had a temporary breakdown. I could go on and on. They were awesome.
    And the photos. OH MY GOD. They are exactly what I was hoping for. We wanted the traditional photos of the family and bridal party, but we also wanted the more modern "photojournalistic" style. They definitely came through. Awesome detail shots.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Allison and Philip were great photographers to have for our wedding. Even though Philip and Allison are in Pennsylvania, they set up our initial consultation in Hunt Valley which was very convenient for us since we are around Baltimore. It was nice having two photographers as prior to the ceremony Allison could focus on the girls and Philip on the guys, which captured a lot of good photos of our special day. On our wedding day they were very inconspicuous but were able to capture a lot of really good photos. Following our wedding they provided us all rights to our photos. We would definitely recommend them to our family and friends.

Sent on 03/02/2013

Robert · Married on 12/17/2011

Allison and Philip were amazing to work with. They perfectly balanced providing direction during the wedding day while remaining unobtrusive. As creative, personable, and and affordable photographers, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Their quick turnaround with pictures and simple contract made working with them a breeze.

Sent on 01/03/2012
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 11/26/2011

Allison and Philip are amazing, they took the most beautiful pictures of a wedding I've ever seen, I think there is SOME bias b.c. it is my own, but lots of people have mentioned they are in their top list of photos they've seen as well. They have such a talent. When we've looked through them we feel like we are there again. I went back and forth about getting a wedding video, with these, there was surely no need for that. They capture every moment from so many angles b.c. there is two of them in just the right spot! I love everything but something that stood out was how well the portraits were done. I know these are sort of boring for an artist like Allison/Phillip but they turned out amazing, I mentioned to Allison how important these were to me and she took them very seriously, I actually forgot my list of who needed to be in what photo but she already had everything with everyone's names! I was so impressed. We even had that 'crazy aunt' trying to snap her photos in between shots and they were so patient with her and didn't mind at all. By the end they were telling us to hold the pose and asking if anyone else wanted the shot for themselves. You simply don't get that with other photographers. They were really there to do their job but almost acted like part of the family (not in an unprofessional way of course, just really caring about everyone). When I saw the reception shots my draw literally dropped, they captured the complete feel of the day!
    In addition, we had a very long wedding (2pm-12am) I had only asked Allison to show up right at 2pm when the ceremony started but she came early and took the getting ready shots even though I didn't think I'd get those. They saw we were having fun at the reception and stayed past when expected to get the full feel of the party, they just really capture your day the way it is and don't seem too concerned about the clock. They certainly made our day one we won't forget, and when my kids get a chance to look at wedding photos they'll know there parents weren't quite so boring! I'm so happy I really have something for a lifetime that captures the feel of our families. Allison and Philip did that for us and we are so grateful. HIRE THEM!

Also, I really recommend the engagement photoshoot. Even if you don't want the photos, it gives you a good feel for them and gives you a chance to get comfortable with them/learn how to pose. It really helped us be more relaxed the day of.

Sent on 12/15/2011

Laura · Married on 10/22/2011

Allison and Philip photographed our Oct 2011 wedding at Stoudts Brewery. They were really laid back and fun to work with -- we were instantly comfortable with them and the pictures prove it. They were also very professional and organized; I felt totally comfortable relinquishing control to them;) They were creative when it came to posed shots, have a great eye for detail, and prices for coverage and albums are very reasonable. They captured some amazing candids during the ceremony and the reception, but were so stealthy that no one even noticed they were there. Photos arrived in two weeks, as promised - plus, you get full ownership of all images through a Creative Commons license. HIGHLY recommended!

Thank you!!

Sent on 11/14/2011

Erin · Married on 10/01/2011

Phil and Allison are wonderful photographers and very easy to work with. They set us up with an easy-to-understand package that kept to our budget and still provided us with plenty of photos. They were very responsive to emails and phone calls, even when our venue changed and I felt like I was going to go crazy. :)

The nice thing about having two photographers is the ability for one to focus on the bridal party, the other on the groomsmen and then both come together to capture every moment during the ceremony and reception.

They were super polite and professional during the wedding and very flexible when some of the relatives asked them to take photos that we had not previously planned for.

They contacted us soon after the wedding and had all of our photos online for us to share with friends and family. We got a great price on prints and the album we bought was absolutely perfect. I highly recommend them for anyone who needs a photographer in the York, PA area.

Sent on 11/25/2012

Amanda · Married on 09/30/2011

I could not have picked better photographers for our engagement photos and for the wedding. Allison and Philip were professional, creative, and their photographs are beautiful. They are passionate about their work and their profession, and I can't put into words how helpful they were on our wedding day. They worked above and beyond their role as photographers, and even helped keep my wedding coordinator on track.

I can't thank them enough for capturing such an important day in such an exceptional manner. I recommend them 110%.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Shelby · Married on 09/04/2011

Philip and Allison are absolutely FANTASTIC! They were an absolute dream to work with. The way they posed us felt so natural and easy. Even my brothers, our groomsmen, who HATE getting their pictures taken enjoyed the photoshoot and, later, mentioned how great they were. Every single one of our wedding pictures came out beautifully and they captured how completely in love we are and how much fun we had at our wedding.

Allison and Philip were very patient with me and all of my last minute changes, they showed up exactly on time and were very professional and courteous. Five stars aren't enough; they should get a million!

Sent on 09/23/2011

Amazing! We would highly recommend them. Start to finish - professional, courteous, quick to respond, not intrusive during the ceremony or reception and the pictures were beautiful. We got so many compliments.

Sent on 12/18/2012

Lauren · Married on 07/30/2011

Allison and Philip did a fantastic job with our wedding photos. We are so pleased with the quality and variety of shots that they took for us. They both have a wonderfully artistic eye and creativity that make the photos even more interesting. We were so impressed with their professionalism and the promptness of their work. We got our pictures back so quickly. Both my husband and I would highly recommend Susquehanna Photographic. They are excellent.

Sent on 08/15/2011

Laura · Married on 07/24/2011

This is a long overdue review, but...we were so happy that we found wedding photographers as helpful, friendly, and flexible as Philip and Allison! Our wedding was in an Orthodox church, and the service is quite different from typical weddings. While this made things more complicated from a photographer's point of view, Philip and Allison still captured all of the best moments of our wedding day...we really can't express how pleased we were with the photos! I'm also fairly certain we chose the hottest day of the year to get married, but they didn't bat an eye when we headed outside to take pictures after the ceremony =) Thanks so much to the both of you!

Sent on 04/07/2012

Carolyn · Married on 06/25/2011

Allison and Phillip did an amazing job throughout the entire wedding process! They were so flexible and easy to work with it made the whole thing very easy! They captured moments throughout the wedding day that are priceless. We were so pleased with our photos and they were able to get them to us very fast. Everyone who has seen our wedding photos says that our photographers were amazing and I have to agree!

Sent on 07/28/2011

Katie & Eric · Married on 06/11/2011

Philip and Allison are absolutely the best! They were very professional and extremely creative with their photography providing us with the best pictures to last a lifetime. Could not have picked a better couple to document our special day. I would most definitely recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 07/31/2011

Kaitlin · Married on 06/10/2011

I would strongly recommend The Susquehanna Photographic to any bride and groom. They were wonderful to work with, flexible, and professional. Our ceremony went 30 mins over the time schedule which pushed back the amount of time we had for pictures. Allison and Phillip stayed very relaxed and provided clear direction during "picture time" with our families and bridal party. They work in a timely way, and capture great wedding moments. They are personable and professional. We couldn't have been happier with the way our pictures turned out!

Sent on 08/14/2011

maggie · Married on 06/04/2011

Allison and Phil were the best decision we made for our wedding day (besides choosing to marry each other!). From our first meeting they were professional, knowledgeable, and willing to help us think through other aspects of our wedding besides the photos! We booked them immediately! Their package came with everything we needed PLUS a Creative Common License, which is invaluable. We are now able to share all our photos with friends and family, who can print them at their convenience.

Even though we knew of several shots we wanted to make sure we got, Allison and Phil went above and beyond to stage some beautiful creative photos. We had some patches of rain and they totally worked around them so we had no wasted time! They were always there to capture the big moments (including helping us get shots of our HUGE families at the reception) and then all those little moments during the reception we missed. We received the photos on CD 10 DAYS after our wedding! Amazingly awesome! BOOK THEM!

Sent on 07/05/2011

Brittney · Married on 05/29/2011

Allison and Philip are awesome! My wedding was on May 29, 2011 at Lauxmont Farms in Wrightsville, PA. They are not at all intrusive, you hardly know they are there...yet they manage to capture every single moment! I had quite a few people comment on how professional they were. Our photos are amazing! They are very creative and their service is top notch. I would hire them again in a heartbeat! Photos are one of the only things you have left of your wedding and thanks to Allison and Philip our memories will last forever! Thanks again for your wonderful services:)
    Brittney & Robert

Sent on 06/11/2011

Ketti · Married on 05/21/2011

These guys are the perfect pick if you all looking for a little bit of everything. Our photos turned out wonderful and I really enjoyed working with them! They obviously love what they do and it shows in their work.

Sent on 08/06/2011