The Sullivan Reviews

11 | Rock Hill, NY

11 Reviews for The Sullivan

Rachel Irizarry · Getting married on 11/11/2020

An Incredible Venue for an incredible weekend!

I got married at the Sullivan in November and OMG. First off, Shane (the event coordinator) is ABSOLUTELY incredible! He was there for me every step of the way, email or text. He made everything happen! Even when I had to fire my cake lady.. he got me a delicious and beautiful cake with only 3 days notice!! When planning your wedding you also meet with the owner Randy and the head of maitenance/bar, Larry (not sure of exact title)... Both of them are SOO helpful and the 3 of them together create such an amazing team! They worked together and made sure everything ran smooth.

What I love most about the venue is that its alllll in one place, the food, wedding and hotel! You don't have to worry about shuffling around or a caterer problem. Everything runs seamlessly! It also makes the whole family feel like a family weekend. You spend your time there for the rehearsal dinner, wedding then brunch on sunday. The entire staff just becomes family!

It is such a beautiful venue with such incredible people who want your day to be everything you wanted and more! I wish I could do my wedding over again just to relive the most amazing weekend of my life!

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Janice

Janice Argetsinger Eskow · Married on 11/24/2019

Above and Beyond Beautiful

Any couple looking for a professional, personable, responsive venue on every level, need not look any further than The Sullivan. I am the mother of the groom, and found the whole experience to be awesome. I have been the mother of the bride twice over the past several years, and would rate this venue to be a show stopper.
    During the planning stage, Shawn was our contact person and was always responsive to any question or request, via text, email and phone.
    Our contact person, Shawn, stayed with us from the first arrival until we said good bye. He anticipated our every need, and saw too it. The staff helped get the bridal party organized and in place, at the appointed times.
    The staff was respectful, responsive. The venue is beautiful, able to accommodate our crowd of around 100. They can surely accommodate smaller and much larger parties. The food was awesome! From the rehearsal dinner to the Sunday brunch, the food was outstanding! The rooms were clean, comfortable, and a delightful place to rest and relax.

Sent on 11/24/2019
  • Yvette

Mother of the Bride · Married on 11/23/2019

Most amazing venue! Nothing like it!!!

Had my daughters wedding here last Saturday and it was AMAZING! The service with Shane cannot be topped. The food was incredible! The hotel was just perfect for the rehearsal dinner, our ceremony, and reception. The venue was beautiful. The staff was the best!
    The Sullivan Event Center goes the extra mile for their events and guests. ‘No’ is not in their vocabulary! Would love to book this venue again!
    Wish we had the professional pictures so you could really see how fantastic it was...
    Everyone is talking about our wedding!
    Thank you Shane and Randy !

Sent on 11/25/2019

Victoria · Married on 09/17/2017

From the moment we met Randy, the owner and operator of The Sullivan, we knew this was the place for us ! We really wanted a fall wedding that felt rustic and modern at the same time and we found that at The Sullivan . Our guests were blown away by our nearby bridge ceremony, which was all handled by The Sullivan. The photo opportunities by the hotel are endless! We were able to have exact wedding we wanted at The Sullivan. Randy is so easy and amazing to plan a wedding with ! The location is just perfect, just a short drive from NYC ! All of our guests enjoyed hanging out on the beautiful grounds and having so many dining choices right where they were staying. We had a great time hanging out at Brew and a beautiful rehearsal dinner at BHR. The entire staff at Sullivan was extremely accommodating and a pleasure to work with. Everything was so perfectly executed and felt effortless! Big thanks to Tony, the general manager who helped with all the room reservations and making sure everything around the hotel was perfect. Also, a big thank you to Shane who was so extremely attentive and really went above and beyond to make sure I was happy and everyone else was happy as well! My parents couldn't believe how amazing the service was the ENTIRE weekend, from our arrival till after our Farewell Sunday breakfast. I had been raving about The Sullivan for months and now all my guests can see why!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Jenn & Mikey · Married on 08/19/2017

Where do we even begin to tell you how wonderful Randy and the staff are. When we met Randy, the room at the Sullivan was really too big for our smaller wedding and he knew it wasn't for us! Before I could say a word, he said I have the perfect spot for you next door at Bernie's (BHR) and he was right! The room was perfect and the patio outside was perfect! Although we were sold on just his easy going personality alone! Throughout the whole process Randy was a huge help along with Shane who I can't even begin to thank enough! They were so accommodating and nothing was a big deal! We got more compliments on how delicious and HOT the food was! We are sure everyone says their wedding was perfect, but ours really was! Thanks to all the staff at Bernies! We wouldn't have changed one thing!! We would highly reccomend Bernie's or the Sullivan to anyone getting married or even just having a party!!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Celia · Married on 08/05/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Shane, Randy, and the staff at BHR. They worked with us to create a day that was everything I could have asked for. Any request was met, question answered , and concern was fixed with no problems. During the ceremony, Randy and Shane made sure everything ran smoothly. During the reception every time I turned around Shane was there with a drink or a plate of buffalo chicken (requested by the groom!). As far as the food, we have gotten SO many compliments on how delicious everything was. If I had to go back and do it again I wouldn't change a single thing about our wedding at BHR.

Sent on 08/25/2017

Laurie · Married on 09/24/2016

We cannot say enough about how wonderful Randy and Shane are especially in regard to planning and facilitating an event. We recently renewed our wedding vows at BHR. The venue is absolutely lovely and the staff is nothing short of incredible. Randy and Shane took care of everything --we truly had nothing to worry about. They helped us to arrange for a photography, florist and even took care of ordering the wedding cake. There was honestly no stress involved in planning this event. All we needed to do was show up and enjoy a fantastic party! The cocktail party and dinner were perfect. Friends and family are still raving about everything that was served. Did I mention that the staff are outstanding?
    Another plus is that accommodations are just next door making travel easy for many of our guests. I would be happy to discuss anything with anyone regarding having an event at BHR.
    We cannot say enough to encourage everyone to have your event here ---it will be wonderful. Our ceremony was beyond my expectations---and we could not be happier!!!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/13/2016

My now husband and I had actually already decided on a venue before checking out the Sullivan, but we figured why not. After our meeting with the hotel manager Tony and the owner Randy, they treated us to dinner at Bernies. We sat there across from each other at dinner knowing we were canceling the date we held at the other place first thing in the morning. We loved everything about the Sullivan, we were really looking for a venue at a hotel to cut down on the traveling for our guests, and this was it! We could tell right away that Randy, Tony and Shane would allow us to let our dream wedding come to life! They were there to help us every step of the way from the planning to the end of the reception. And oh the food….omg the food...our guests won't shut up about how amazing it was! My only regret from our wedding day is missing out on the amazing dessert table they had. The dinner and apps that they made sure we had were delicious!!!(they did serve us cake, we just never left the dance floor to eat it!) The venue space was beautiful and really was everything i had envisioned it would be. The rooms were also great and super comfy! Overall we most certainly recommend the Sullivan for any event!!! It was such an amazing experience working with everyone there!!!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Jillian · Married on 03/19/2016

To say that my wedding at the Sullivan Events Center catered by BHR was perfect would be an understatement. Randy and his staff made my dream wedding come true. From initial planning to the day of, we could not be happier! Randy and his staff are extremely friendly and personable. You leave feeling like part of their family! My guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about all of the staff who helped make our wedding a success. The venue is exquisite. We were married at BHR with a stunning reception at the Sullivan to follow. I love to go through my wedding photos and relive that magical day. And the food! Oh that food. First of all, there was so much of it! Second, it was all absolutely delicious. I still have people tell me our wedding food was the best they've ever eaten, and it's almost a year later. We ate and drank and danced the night away. Then we had beautiful rooms to stay the night in. The bridal sweet was lovely and very comfortable. I honestly can't say enough good thing about this venue and the people who make it what it is. I wish we could get married there 10 more times. We plan to go for dinner on our anniversary and visit everyone. Can't wait to see all of their smiling faces.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Taryn · Married on 09/19/2015

Wow! What a wedding! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day/party! Thank you to everyone at The Sullivan and Bernie's Holiday Restaurant for their outstanding performance, diligence and hospitality! (Especially Randy, Tony, Shane and Sean). The entire team followed through with all promises discussed since the day we chose The Sullivan/BHR for our venue. Not one detail was missed from having the entire hotel and accommodating our out of town guests, handing out our welcome bags, allowing us to decorate early, making sure everything was on time and running smoothly. No one skipped a beat. Everyone has been nonstop ranting and raving on how perfect everything was! Food! Ceremony Site! Location! Literally everything! My husband’s father has owned & operated a bar & restaurant for over 20 years and was thoroughly impressed with the level of service and the quality of food served at our reception. Even the chef from my father-in-law's restaurant(who was one of our guests) commented on not only how good the food was, but that the quality of food was top notch! If you want to have a great wedding day and reception with down to earth people who understand and respect what you want, this is who you should choose for your special day. It was a tremendous value for the service we received! Randy and Tony were also able to help us with suggestions for bands/DJs & other vendors as well. A number of our guests were from the NYC area and loved how easy the drive up to The Sullivan was & its close proximity from the city! This really is a great spot if you are looking to do a Catskills/Hudson Valley wedding!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Outstanding caterer. I let nobody but Randy Resnick cater my affairs. Everything *****

Sent on 10/05/2014