The Stillwell House Reviews

The Stillwell House 5
The Stillwell House 6
The Stillwell House 7

Dawn · Married on 12/14/2013

Had a fabulous wedding for our daughter and her husband. The staff was amazing and so professional. You can tell they genuinely care. By far the best place to get married. Or any event you may have. Congratulations Stillwell house for the greasest evening. Sincerely, The Happy Brides Parents.

Sent on 12/15/2013

The Stillwell House's reply:

Thank you so much, we are so happy to hear that you all had a great time! We are grateful your daughter and son-in-law shared their special day with us!

Our wedding was absolutely perfect! I cannot find enough words to properly describe how amazing Wilma and her staff are. Wilma pays close attention to each and every single detail that all II had left to do was enjoy my wedding day with my husband. I would definitely recommed Stillwell to each and every single bride to be, you will not regret it.

Sent on 09/09/2013

My wedding was beautiful! I want to thank The Stillwell House and their employees for making this day like a dream. I would recommend The Stillwell House to anyone.

Sent on 05/12/2013
  • Amelia

Amelia · Married on 04/20/2013

If I could give Wilma and her team 6 stars I would. From the initial planning to last minute changes, Wilma was prompt with a response and easily accessible. She answered questions right away or got back to me within 24 hours. My day was perfect and it was due to her and the amazing team at The Stillwell House!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Krista · Married on 10/21/2012

Wilma was so easy to work with and planning was easier than I ever expected it to be! Everyone had an amazing time and everything went perfectly, I didn't have to worry about anything. We have a family friend who is a musician at many weddings each year and she thought Stillwell was one of the most beautiful venues she's been to. Also, the value is amazing! We paid much less than similar venues in Tucson and the quality was much higher than those venues.

Sent on 01/27/2013

Stephanie · Married on 07/06/2012

We hosted out reception at the Stillwell House, and it ROCKED!!! The Stillwell House was an amazingly beautiful venue so we did not have to decorate, the staff was professional & courteous, responsive, and tended to my every need. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone that wants to host a classy event!!

Sent on 07/25/2012

Jennifer · Married on 05/04/2012

We love love the Stillwell House here inTucson! We could not have found a more perfect place to have our wedding!! It fit exactly who we are & the style we love!! It's a perfect mixture of Tucson old Spanish/Latin style with an urban feel and style! The night was incredible & magical with it being outdoors and the way the Stillwell staff keeps and maintains their venue & grounds & the detail of the decor, from the plants to lights to furniture, it was for us the most romantic setting you could ask for!! This place makes it affordable to have a wedding, which is why I give it a perfect everything, the beauty of the place & the price a perfect yes with no hesitation! The food was phenomenal per all our guests and we agree! I just wish I could eat my whole plate, didn't want to stuff myself that night. Thank you to the Stillwell & all the staff! You all are amazing people!

Sent on 05/22/2012

Jake · Married on 12/18/2011

We just had our wedding at the Stillwell House on 12/18/11 and could not be happier!! We found that we received a tremendous value for our money, and the fact that so much was included (venue, food, facilities, centerpieces, and more) was a major stress reliever. The actual venue is beautiful and we were so happy we were able to utilize the entire property. The cantina was a blast for cocktail hour and for the party, the house itself was a great area for dinner, and the courtyard was perfect for our ceremony. There's a timeless quality to the venue and we had dozens of guests who kept raving about it to us.

A special shout out to Wilma and her staff, especially to Kyle. Wilma was very patient with us and especially went out of her way to make our day go well (such as personally setting up our sweetheart table and for managing a weather-threatened ceremony). Kyle was on top of everything all day and we were blown away by how great he was - he was everywhere from hosting a raucous bar to making sure we were tended to at all times. Everyone that worked there was extremely professional, worked very hard, and were courteous to all of our guests. The food was terrific and everyone had a blast! We highly recommend the Stillwell House to anyone interested.

Thanks so much!!

- Jake and Josie

Sent on 12/29/2011

Amanda · Married on 10/30/2011

We could not have chosen a more perfect place to have our wedding. The ability to have the use of all three spaces (courtyard, cantina and main house) made our wedding feel like it was in a magical place. Wilma and the staff at The Stillwell House took such amazing care of us and all our wedding guests. The food was absolutely delicious and was exactly what we wanted! We would not have had the memorable and amazingly fun wedding we had without Wilma, Candace and the staff at The Stillwell House! THANK YOU!
    -Amanda and Brian

Sent on 01/02/2012

Corina · Married on 06/04/2011

I have nothing but wonderful memories from our wedding reception at the Stillwell house. I worked for the most part with Candace during the year of planning, but Wilma was a delight to work with the day of the wedding. My family and I planned and organized every aspect of the wedding down to making the flower centerpieces ourselves. It was great to know that if I had a question,all I had to do was email Candace and she would have an answer for me, usually within a day or two. I never felt the need to call to the office. Candace answered every question I had from the size of the tables to what I needed to have my own dessert bar. She had some wonderful suggestions that I took into account and made the night unforgettable.

Wilma made the wedding run without a hitch! Not everything can be perfect...When I created my table seating chart I somehow forgot to add a table... BUT Wilma was quick to handle the situation in a proper manner when a few guests weren't sure where to sit.

We heard nothing but " the venue was gorgeous!" and the food " was the best I have had!" to date.

We are more than happy with the Stillwell house!!! Thank you Candace and Wilma :)

Sent on 08/13/2011

Melissa · Married on 10/23/2010

Loved every moment of our wedding- Wilma was wonderful to work with, a consummate professional. The food was outstanding, I am more than happy with their services. The venue was beautiful!

Sent on 07/26/2011
  • Konichiwa

Kellee · Married on 01/17/2010

The Stillwell House was amazing! I have no complaints about them at all! Wilma was awesome to work with and really knows her stuff and what it takes to make your ceremony and reception run smoothly!
    I had my ceremony in the courtyard and the arbor and seating were decorated beautifully! They incorporated their own decorations in with the items that I provided and it all meshed wonderfully!
    Dinner was in the main house and was excellent! Every one of my guests commented on how good the food was! I even had a few of my more picky guests say they ate it all!
    The staff is very professional and they really go the extra mile to make sure that we had everything that we needed. 5 BIG stars for the Stillwell House!

Sent on 01/25/2010

Laura · Married on 10/24/2009

The Stillwell House is by far and away the most perfect place in Tucson for a wedding. It is beautiful, all inclusive, elegant and the staff is fantastic.

Sent on 05/26/2010

Cassie · Married on 10/08/2009

Everything went off with out a hitch and was such a breathtaking place to be married!

Sent on 10/28/2009

Laura · Married on 06/27/2009

We had an amazing experience at the Stillwell House. Everyone was very friendly and professional. They guided me through the planning process every step of the way. Wilma was thorough and professional - she listened to what I had to say and made sure everything went off without a hitch. The house, cantina, and courtyard are so beautiful that we hardly needed any decorations. The food was awesome and every staff member I encountered went above and beyond to make sure we were having an exceptional time. They truly gave me the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 07/25/2009

Tarah · Married on 06/06/2009

The Stillwell House and Garden was more beautiful than I ever imagined and the service was absolutely AMAZING. The staff was so professional and helpful, and the wedding ceremony and reception went so smoothly with their help. I would recommend this site to anyone looking for a quaint, intimate wedding environment.

Sent on 06/24/2009
  • shellbell86

Shellaina · Married on 06/15/2008

If you are looking for a private venue for a small wedding (less than 150 people), with a beautiful backdrop that is conveniently located and easily accessible to your guests and wedding party, than this is the place. I was looking for a vineyard-like backdrop as my theme revolved around wine and Greece (the Greek's love their wine) but I was afraid of the high price tag that came with a typical vineyard. While the Stillwell House is not a vineyard nor has it ever been, the decor of the private garden and of the house itself achieved the feel. The price was exceptional, considering our package contained food, service, linens, plates, use of the house and property for six hours to include the two hour pre-ceremony set-up, bar service, cutlery, tables, chairs, and any extras the house had available. Willma and Candice are very knowledgable in the workings of weddings and their experience shown brightly through as they sat down and went over every detail of wedding with me. Both were very professional in their dealings with me and they were flexible by letting us pay them gradually up to the week before the wedding.

Because of these two ladies, my wedding was a success that to this day I am still getting compliments on it!

P.S.
    Book as far in advance as possible. By the end of month in which I booked, they were booked solid for June.

Sent on 10/08/2008

SARAH · Married on 03/01/2008

The Stillwell House was excellent. We started planning while we were still living in Tucson, half way through we moved to Texas. Everyone at the Stillwell House was very helpful in getting our plans sorted out even though we weren't in town. The rehearsal was planned and I felt very comfortable for the actual wedding day. The day of was wonderful, the brides/bridesmaid room was perfect in getting those last minute hair/makeup fixes done. Everything was ready and perfect. The dinner was perfect, table settings beautiful, they worked w/ my color - TIffany Blue, and made everything beautiful. The waiters/bartenders were great. All in all, a wonderful place w/ wonderful people, I couldn't imagine having my wedding any other place.

Sent on 06/01/2008

Mayra · Married on 01/13/2018

This venue is honestly amazing. They are so nice and willing to work with your time frame whether you're having your ceremony there also or not! The price is just as amazing as the service provided!

Sent on 03/31/2017

Abbie · Married on 12/02/2017

Thank you to The Stillwell House and team for making my wedding a night to remember!! You were able to make all my visions come true. My vintage tea party theme worked perfectly in all areas of the venue.

Sent on 01/01/2018
    The Stillwell House 12
    The Stillwell House 13
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 10/22/2017

We couldn’t be more pleased that we chose the Stillwell House as our wedding venue. We planned our wedding long distance, and Kelly and Wilma’s experience and expertise with all aspects of event planning set our minds at ease. They were on top of every detail and were very responsive, especially in the weeks leading up to the wedding. After dropping everything off at our wedding rehearsal, we never thought twice about any detail and Wilma and her amazing team pulled everything together perfectly. They attended to details and decorations that hadn’t even crossed our minds and made the entire event run smoothly. All of our guests raved about the food, ambiance, and setting. Throughout the whole evening, the entire staff was very attentive and helpful, going out of their way to make sure that we were fed, enjoying ourselves, and that everything was properly packed up at the end of the evening. We highly recommend The Stillwell House!

Sent on 10/29/2017

I have found the perfect place to marry the love of my life. It couldn't be any more elegant or prettier than I wanted. They are very professional and work around your schedule.

Sent on 06/14/2015

The Stillwell House's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope you both enjoyed your special day, we loved working with you. On behalf of all us at The Stillwell House we wish you a lifetime of happiness and love.
  • MelKel

Melissa · Married on 05/23/2010

No complaints here! The staff at the Stillwell House was amazing. Everyone kept telling us how beautiful everything was. I was completely satisfied. It isn't easy planning a wedding from another state, but both Candace and Wilma were very accomodating. They made my vision a reality. The servers and bartender were very attentive. All my guests had a great time. I HIGHLY recommend The Stillwell House to anyone looking for a classy and beautiful venue.

Sent on 05/25/2010

Jennifer · Married on 12/16/2017

This space is so beautiful, you could not add a single piece of your own decor and have a gorgeous wedding. I had a pretty simple decor scheme, and they elevated it to be elegant, and breathtaking. Candace, Wilma, and Kelly are no-nonsense professionals that will do what it takes to make your day perfect. They are purposeful and direct and that pays off in every detail being taken care of. The food was outstanding and they welcomed our request to kick up the jalapeno to make sure our guests knew they were in the southwest. If there was something that didn't go according to plan, I had no idea.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Kelsey · Married on 11/12/2016

Had our wedding there recently and absolutely loved it. We fell in love with it immediately. The venue itself is so beautiful that you honestly don't have to do much to it! The price is also very reasonable in comparison to a lot of places around. They don't have any random additional fees like cake cutting, cork fees or anything like that. And they let you use their vases and some of their decorations too.
    On the night of the wedding all of the staff (waiters and bar) paid extra attention to us to make sure everything went as we wanted. And the food turned out great. You provide the liquor. We had signature drinks and the bar tenders did pretty well with them.
    I was not so great with knowing what decorations I wanted so we gave them limited instructions and some extra stuff we had and they made it look amazing.
    Only negative is I had trouble getting ahold of them. You basically have to leave a message on their machine and wait for a call or email them. But sometimes it took awhile to hear back. It all worked out in the end and my wedding was everything I wanted it to be, but the responsiveness was the only frustrating thing with the venue. I'd still do it there again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/03/2016