97 Reviews for La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events

Uncovered Outdoor (9)
Cake (9)
Indoor (7)
Event Planning (7)

I am so happy that we chose La Mariposa for our wedding venue, and would like to thank the whole team that helped in realizing our special day. Cynthia was amazing, and was there for every detail and made sure the day went by as smooth as possible. John also did an amazing job with the music and moving the evening along seamlessly. The venue itself was beautiful, and the setting was perfect during sunset. We also loved the green grass and beautiful tall trees, not something you typically see in Tucson. I am very grateful for everything they did for us, and would highly recommend them for anyone.

Profile Picture Katie, 4/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My brother got married here and it was the most beautiful wedding I’ve ever been to! The grounds are lush green with amazing views of the mountains. Steve, Francesca and Cynthia do a phenomenal job at making sure every detail of the wedding is everything you hoped for. They made sure the bride and groom were treated like royalty on their special day. The food was absolutely delicious, the music was so fun and entertaining, it was a party. We had an absolute blast!

Profile Picture Lauren, 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I would really like to thank La Mariposa Resort for accommodating our special day. The owner Steve and his amazing team of employees made the night relaxing, fun, and memorable. In the planning phase, Cynthia and John went above and beyond to assure planning was seamless. They helped my husband and I plan through every wedding detail, create a timeline, pick meals/desserts, etc. They did not control our wedding vision, only encourage and help make it happen.

The day of, Steve and his powerhouse team of employees helped from start to finish. From setting up the ceremony/reception to serving us an excellent dinner for all our guests. I could go on, but I simply don’t have the words. We had guests from Korea, England, Texas, Maine, and many other places and haven’t heard anything but compliments about the evening - all thanks to La Mariposa. For all Tucson brides, this is your venue. I promise!

Photo
Profile Picture Loren, 3/17/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wonderful team, beautiful venue, it was my dream wedding!

Profile Picture Wendy, 1/25/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake

This venue was amazing!!! The food was excellent, the champagne was delicious and the dance floor was perfect. Cynthia and John made the night run smoothly. It was the wedding of my dreams. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a beautiful wedding.

Profile Picture Kristen, 11/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband Tyler and I got married here on April 2, and it could not have been a more perfect venue! Steve, Francesca, and Cynthia were great at coordinating, and so friendly and helpful. We used the recommended DJ (John with Millenium Music Service), baker (Genevieve with Cakes by Genevieve), florist (Mary Bartok with Love It! Florals), and decorator (Jorge with Endless Decor). We recommend all of those vendors as well, their prices were great and they were all so easy to work with and friendly. The quality of everything was amazing, from the food to the friendly service they all provided. We've had countless guests say how much they loved the food, cake, beautiful venue, DJ, and how the smoothly the event ran. We couldn't be more happy with how our day turned out, we recommend La Mariposa to anyone getting married in Tucson!

Profile Picture Bethany, 4/2/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cake, Event Planning

Do not think twice about having a wedding/event here. Our family just had the most PERFECT experience from start to finish. My daughter and her new husband just had their wedding here and it has been an absolute pleasure working with Steve, Francesca, Jorge and John and I'm sorry but I forget the cake lady's name..but she's fabulous as well.
Everyone from the cleaning crew to the top dog Steve /sorry Remmy/ was beyond helpful, professional, enthusiastic, and just plain awesome. What could be perceived as a stressful event /a wedding/ could not have been run smoother from start to finish. These folks are serious about giving their customers a top notch experience and they couldn't be nicer to work with. Anyone looking for a venue need not look any further. They are the best.

Profile Picture Laura , 4/1/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My bride and I live in Oklahoma, so we were doing all of our planning via weddingwire and phone. We both feel blessed and fortunate that we chose to have our ceremony here. Communication leading up to the day was great, but the best part was definitely when we got into town and saw the beautiful venue in person! Francesca and Cynthia were amazing. The wait staff during the reception was great, the food was delicious.
Honestly, before the wedding I could not believe how expensive the venue was; once we got there and Francesca and Cynthia took over, taking all the stress off of myself and, more importantly, my wife, I felt it was worth every penny. I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you, La Mariposa, for the perfect setting for the perfect day.

Profile Picture Jimmy, 3/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor

This venues is simply beautiful! Steve and Francesca are always helpful and respond to emails and calls promptly. They made our experience of planning very easy. On the day of the wedding everything went smoothly and they made sure we had everything we needed. The DJ John was the most amazing, helpful and fun person to work with! John made sure our reception and ceremony went smoothly, he made sure we had a great time!

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

La Mari Posa was FANTASTIC!!!! 5 stars all around! They worked with us on everything from last minute changes (although I would not suggest that), suggesting a flower person, DJ and ideas that have worked at their location. They were truly all inclusive. Food, Drink, Wedding cake and fireworks (optional).
The owners Steve and Francesca were true professionals and clearly love what they do. Having done over 1700 weddings, they know what works and what doesn't.
All around the value was FANTASTIC! Thank you Steve and Francesca for working with us and doing such a great and memorable job for this very momentous event. My family and friends said "Way to set the bar so high" referring to weddings that they will have to put together for their children. A GREAT TIME WAS HAD BY ALL!
Cheers!

Profile Picture Kendrick, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The perfect wedding venue! Steve and Francesca are so wonderful and work so hard. The house dj-John-is also wonderful. You can't go wrong with this venue!

Profile Picture Kristi, 10/20/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter and son in law had their wedding and reception on October 9 and it was absolutely wonderful! From beginning to end the staff was very attentive to every detail. Steve, Francesca and Cynthia were excellent, very professional and friendly! I had a great time at the reception with Cynthia, she went out of her way to make our night a success and to made me feel relaxed. Thank you Cynthia!! The grounds are beautiful and the food was out of this world; every guest commented on how wonderful it was. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone interested in weddings, or other types of celebrations.

Profile Picture User7307749, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

La Mariposa Resort is incredibly beautiful and green! I attended a wedding there last May and it was so lovely that I am having my upcoming wedding there too! If you're looking for an amazing location with food and staff to match La Mariposa Resort is your place.

Profile Picture User5457336, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cake, Event Planning

Steve and Francesca did a great job organizing everything for our wedding. They were very responsive and accommodating to anything we needed. I would highly recommend La Mariposa as a wedding venue.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This venue is absolutely stunning! I could not be happier with the beautiful view and the service that we have received. I will be recommending this venue to all my friends.

Profile Picture User7218774, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Cake, Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor

I was the Father of the Groom. I was so pleased how Steve and Francesca handled the entire event. From start to finish no detail was too small. The wedding, which was held on the grounds, was beautiful. Both the wedding and reception went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend La Mariposa to anyone considering a venue for their wedding.

Profile Picture Butch, 8/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Could not be a better place for a wedding in the Tucson, Arizona area than La Mariposa Resort! Everything was perfect, the all inclusive package they offer, the beautiful green setting near a small lake with sunset views, the staff, the management, the DJ and a big cheer goes out for the food! The food served was 5 star gourmet quality! Do yourself a favor and hold your wedding here, My son and daughter-in-law were married here this June 2016 and it was the best wedding we ever attended! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Denise, 6/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

I had my wedding at La Mariposa Resort on June 17th 2016. It is an absolutely beautiful venue with gourgeous views, mountain, trees, pond... Everything was exactly as I dreamed of. Staff was very professional. We also worked with their Dj, cake maker and decorator. They were great and delivered exactly what I wanted to a tee. Francesca and Steve are pleasant to work with, very flexible and make you feel very special and important. I will suggest this venue to everyone I know. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Diana, 6/17/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Cake, Event Planning

I had my wedding here on June 11th and everything was perfect! Steve and Francesca were great! The servers were so wonderful and attentive. It was also very convenient to have vendors available for decor, cakes and music that knew the venue and were so seasoned! The food they served was so delicious and there was plenty of it for the buffet.
The day of the wedding could't have turned out more beautiful and more fun. If you are looking for a hidden gem in the desert (where you can forget you are in a desert) I HIGHLY recommend La Mariposa :) Thanks Steve and Cesca!!

Profile Picture Kassie, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I were looking for a gorgeous, romantic and subtle venue, La Mariposa was the first venue we fell in love with online and as soon as we visited there was no more competition. Steve and Francesca were amazing, helpful, professional and most of all with a lot of experience and made our special day completely perfect!
Everything from the location, the outside grounds, inside starlight room, the amazing chef! and their availability was impeccable we really appreciate their work and would get married there again and again!

Profile Picture Marla, 6/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This is the second year we used La Mariposa for our commencement celebration. The facility is beautiful and the grounds make a great backdrop for pictures.

Profile Picture Bernadette, 5/12/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

There is no better venue in Tucson! Everything was perfect down to the smallest detail! Beautiful venue, exceptional staff!! Thank you, Brennan's and staff for making my reception perfect in every way!!!

Profile Picture User6659415, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Cake, Event Planning, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

So happy I had my wedding here, it went perfect. Francesca is so helpful! Beyond beautiful location, good food.

Profile Picture User6640937, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

La Mariposa had everything I have ever wanted for my wedding. My dream choice ! I could not have asked for a more amazing flawless day. They took care of us from the day I toured the venue up till the day after my wedding. Franchesca and Steve are so amazing, kind, caring, giving and they truly know how to make people feel important and special. Their venue is magical. They were flexible, understanding and attentive,

Thank you so much for my wedding !

Profile Picture Mallorie, 3/20/16, 1 Review