The St Louis Big Band Reviews

1 User photo

The St Louis Big Band 1
  • Molly

Molly Lembezeder · Married on 07/13/2019

Fun, Unique wedding band!

This band was actually busy on the date we originally wanted, but offered a discount if we switched our date, and I am SO glad we did!! I would plan my wedding around their schedule again in a heartbeat!

From the time we first contacted them, Ryan and the rest of the team were easy to communicate with, quick to respond, and right away seemed genuinely happy to be part of our event and wanted to make it a success for us and work with what we wanted. The music is so much more than a business to them, and you could see that in their performance. Professional, talented, and so much fun to have something unique for our special day! They were a huge hit with our guests, and I told a friend about them, and she immediately booked their 9-piece for her own wedding!

Sent on 07/30/2019
    The St Louis Big Band 2

Libby Herman · Married on 02/02/2019

Great wedding band!

My husband and I are both musicians, so we knew we wanted a band for our wedding. We came across the St. Louis Big Band in our search and after meeting with Ryan (the director), we knew this was the band we wanted. Ryan was very professional, knowledgeable, and responsive. He was so easy to work with. He accommodated our requests, was very organized, and helped keep our wedding day running on time. The band itself was outstanding! They have a long list of songs and can even learn songs at your request if you give them enough time. Our dance floor was packed the entire night and I haven't seen that many people stay the full time for a wedding in a while. We got multiple compliments on the band! I highly recommend!

Sent on 02/07/2019
  • stephanie

stephanie · Married on 10/14/2017

Hiring this band was hands down the best wedding decision I made (other than marrying my husband). I wish I planned 100 events a year, I would hire this band for all of them. Our wedding was in October. Over Christmas my in-laws were trying to figure out if they have any events in the next couple years that they could hire this band for, since everyone loved them so much. Ryan was really easy to work with from day one. If anything went wrong I didn't notice or hear about it. We can't say enough good things about this band!!

Sent on 01/05/2018

L · Married on 05/06/2017

We used StL Big Band for our reception at the Missouri History Museum in May 2017 and they MADE the party! From the elegant cocktail hour music to the live band with STELLAR vocalists, to the high-energy DJ ending the night, all of our guests said the music was the best they'd ever heard at a wedding and we couldn't agree more. Ryan and his crew were incredibly easy to work with and made our very specific song choices happen with no problem. They hit every musical era and made the music accessible to everyone, from my grandparents in their 80s to guests in their 20s. They're also an excellent deal for all you can get - jazz/acoustic, big band, and DJ. Our guests couldn't believe this was all one service. High quality music all-around. We're already trying to think of another party to throw so we can use them again, haha. Hire them immediately!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Kathryn · Married on 03/11/2017

WOW, just WOW. Our wedding was a month ago and I am still swooning over the STL Big Band and the incredible wedding we had dancing the night away. We received so many compliments about the band and many people said it was such a breath of fresh air from the traditional DJ. One of my guests said to me, did you hire Michael Buble for your wedding music because they were that good! Ryan was so responsive and helpful during the entire process. I'm not sure when or why (maybe a wedding anniversary party?) but we will most definitely be using them and recommending them in the future. Thank you so much for everything! We had such a wonderful night!

Sent on 04/11/2017

Rachel · Married on 11/12/2016

Screaming a big thank you! We loved them so much, and we had these guys traveling 5+ hours away! Everyone at our wedding loved them, and we're still getting complements! So flexible, so professional, so awesome! Thank you Ryan and band for making our wedding night one to remember forever! We were honored to have you!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Christel · Married on 04/30/2016

I am still receiving compliments on how awesome the DJ was. He kept the party going all night, and the dance floor was ALWAYS filled! Use this company!! LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than their competitors!

Sent on 05/12/2016

Claire · Married on 06/27/2015

The St. Louis Big Band played at my wedding reception and did a spectacular job! My guests were extremely impressed with their performance, and I was impressed with the professionalism and courtesy of Ryan, the booking consultant. I had a great experience and a rocking party at the reception!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Sarah · Married on 03/27/2015

The St. Louis Big Band was awesome!! They played for 3 hours total and the musicians were supper talented!

Sent on 04/06/2015

Holly · Married on 06/14/2014

This band is awesome!!! Leading up to the date they attended meetings & returned e-mails promptly. We were so impressed by the attention to detail, from playing the Hora to their willingness to learn special requests, everything was spot-on! The music was incredible and they played a huge mix ranging from Rat Pack to newer pop and rock hits that everyone from my grandmother to my younger sister enjoyed. During the last song of the night the band members came out on the dance floor and rocked it while they were playing! Overall I'd give the STL Big Band two thumbs up and would highly recommend them to everyone!!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/17/2014

We had The St. Louis Big Band for our wedding reception and loved every minute of their performance. From Joe's excellent voice to the overall classy look everything was great. My guests were extremely impressed and everyone commented on how nice it was to see a band instead of a DJ. We spent alot of time on the dance floor and every song was better than the last!

Sent on 03/02/2015

Lindsey · event on 07/28/2012

This is making me say something so..you guys rock!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Fredericka · Married on 11/12/2011

Stop looking and pray that you book the St. Louis Big Band for your wedding. Ryan and his crew simply made our wedding. If you are looking for an incredible night, a classy feel, then look no further.

A few notes:
    They have an incredibly broad diversity, all the standard big band classics but they will throw in some Black Eyed Peas if you want. They learned our first dance song. This sort of customized experience is rare to find.
    They kept the dance floof filled. Ryan conducted the band perfectly, keeping the people out of their seats.
    They provide an easy service. Easy. A couple of emails. One meeting. Then they did all the coordination with the hotel directly. They arrived early, stayed late, sounded great, brought their own PA. Easy.
    They provide a diverse service. We wanted a band and a DJ. They did both. Band cut out at 10:30 and then DJ played our custom mix of dance tunes until midnight. All for the same price.
    They are professional. Simply put, they will enhance, not detract from your wedding. No monologues, mike hogging, nothing but what you want.
    They are an absolute steal. We shopped around and found other bands overpriced. One we saw was drunk. Not St. Louis Big Band. They are phenomenal. Pray that you can book them now.

Sent on 12/01/2011

Sara · Married on 05/10/2014

We used the St. Louis Big Band's DJ services for our wedding in May. They were AMAZING. From being quick with email responses to meeting me in person whenever I had questions, it was so easy to work with Ryan, the director. You can really tell that he cares about making sure your wedding day is everything you really want it to be. And their prices are a STEAL. I can't say this enough, their quality of service during the planning process and throughout the wedding was such a breeze, and they don't charge anywhere near what competitors do.

The DJ for our wedding reception was Nic, and he was incredible. He was really nice and easy to communicate with, and he played a good variety of music. He never hogged the mic or talked too much, but he would still chime in when everyone was having a good time in order to get people pumped up and on the dance floor.

The only hiccup we had was with dinner, but it was nothing major. Nic dismissed the first few tables to head back to the buffet line for dinner, but then stopped making the announcements after a few minutes. Once we realized only half the tables had their food, we asked him about it and he picked it back up. Not a huge deal, and no one was too upset about it.

Seriously, if you're still needing a band and/or DJ for your wedding, look no further. Our wedding was in Hermann, MO, which is about an hour and half outside of Saint Louis. The boys had no problem making the trip out for our reception. BOOK THEM BEFORE THEY'RE GONE!

Sent on 09/16/2014