The Spring Lake Manor Reviews

71 | Spring Lake, NJ

71 Reviews for The Spring Lake Manor

Brian · Married on 05/17/2014

My wife and I wanted to get married before we moved to Colorado and settled on getting married in Spring Lake since my uncle lived in the area. When we were looking at venues none of them felt "homey" as my wife says, but when we visited Spring Lake Manor we knew it was the one. It was large enough to accommodate our wedding which was only 100 people, but not so big that there was unused space. The main ballroom where our wedding was held was amazing. The set up was perfect and the dance floor was big enough for everyone to get there groove on. The provided chiavari chairs (which I had no idea what they were but my wife HAD to have them and they definitely made the set up look better).

The owner John was amazing and could not have asked for anything more. He was able to recommend pretty much anything we needed and has a good working relationship with a lot of the local vendors which makes working and coordinating much easier. Janine was amazing as well. Obviously since this was our first and only wedding we had no idea what we were doing with decorations, but she was able to take my wife’s vision and make it happen.

The food was amazing and there was so much of it. The appetizers during the cocktail hour were enough to last you the night but were so delicious people could not stop eating them. Then on to the main course which were awesome and everyone left on a full stomach with rave reviews. Definitely better than expected.

The price was incredible for what you get. The area is very nice and a lot of other venues end up pricing you out of the area. John is very fair in his pricing and everything is include.

I would definitely recommend this venue for any wedding. The ballroom is a perfect elegant set-up and there is a nice patio where people can step outside and get some fresh air. The Spring Lake Manor for sure exceeded our guest and our own expectations.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Kelly · Married on 09/21/2013

I want to thank John and Janine for a fantastic night! They were more then accommodating and went above and beyond my expectations for my night. The food was amazing and the venue was beautiful. Any questions or concerns I had they addressed promptly. I would recommend (I already have actually) this venue for any future couple. Absolutely worth it!!!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Michelle · Married on 09/20/2013

I had a small wedding luncheon at Spring Lake Manor and it was a wonderful experience. John and his staff were very professional and so accomodating to my needs. Their food was excellent everyone in my party complimented on that to me. The outside and both inside of the Manor is beautiful and great to take pictures at. I would definitely recommend anyone to have a event there.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Gladys · Married on 06/29/2013

We want to thank John and Janine for the fabulous service they provided for our wedding reception. The confidence they bestow and willingness to go far and above the call of duty is truly amazing. Our friends and family are still talking about how great the spring lake manor is and all the staff that provided there utmost professionalism . We did not receive one negative. John and Janine were always making sure we had everything we needed. They provided us with a no stress evening that was had by all. We can't thank you enough for all that you did. No matter what the function we truly believe that John ,Janine and the rest of the spring lake manor staff will not let you down. Thanks again from the bottom of our hearts.
    Rich and Gladys Sanquini

Sent on 07/18/2013

Jacklyn · Married on 05/04/2013

The venue was perfect and the food was delicious. Loved that we were the only wedding going on since the venue only does one event at a time. John provided us with a great selection of food, linens, and numerous other upgrades at a great value. There was also so many places to take pictures there!!!

Sent on 08/23/2013

From the second I walked into The Spring Lake Manor I knew this is where I would get married. John treated us like family and put 100% effort into making our wedding day the best day of our lives! He was straight forward with his pricing unlike other vendors. The food is out of this world AMAZING! My guest's have been raving about it since Saturday. Janine was AMAZING! she helped plan every detail of my wedding. She was very detail orineted and organized! She assured me as it got closer to the wedding that everything would be perfect and it was! The night of the wedding she was there the whole time and made sure everything was running accordingly! The ballroom was set up BEAUTIFULLY! John and Janine are professional, knowledgeable and a class act! Life changing events should be left in the hands of the professionals- HAVE YOUR WEDDING or EVENT at The Spring Lake Manor and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 04/02/2013

Karen · Married on 10/26/2012

What can I say about an INCREDIBLE GROUP OF PEOPLE! I just don't usually do these reviews BUT in this case I will make an exception! Great Service, Great Food & GREAT PEOPLE! John Nagle and his staff made our "HOME" Wedding and my Daughter's Bridal Shower (on site) the easiest and the most professional experience WE have had in catering! You will not regret using The Spring Lake Manor for all your catering needs! They make it easy and the motto of "NO WORRIES!!!" holds true!!! And a Special Thank You to the Chocolate Carousel for the wonderful Wedding and Bridal shower cake!!! You Guys Rock!!!! ;)

Sent on 10/21/2013

Bisia · Married on 09/22/2012

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Spring Lake Manor and we could not be happier. We had roughly 60 people at it and John and his staff did an exceptional job providing endless passed hors d'oeuvres, a great buffet style dinner, delicious desserts and they provided all the linens, flowers, etc to make the room look warm and inviting. We highly recommend the Spring Lake Manor for any events you will not be disappointed. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the venue is beautiful and the food is great!!!!!

Sent on 10/07/2012

Anthony · event on: 04/20/2012

Great food! Great Atmosphere! Great Price! Huge Heart! John Nagle, owner, and his banquet manager, Jeanette, and their staff at the Spring Lake Manor run one of the best banquet facilities on the Jersey shore and they do so with a family type atmosphere. John has transformed this facility into a versatile venue capable of handling any event. If John was in charge fifteen years ago, there is no doubt my wife and I would have had our reception at the Spring Lake Manor.

We came to know John two years ago when we were seeking a venue to run our fundraiser for Autism New Jersey in support of our daughter who was diagnosed with autism 8 years ago. For the past two years we have run our event at the Spring Lake Manor and we are not going anywhere as long as John will have us. The attendees at our event have raved both years about the delicious appetizers and entrees at the Spring Lake Manor. The food is plentiful as are the drinks and the venue is elegant and spacious. From the Atlantic Room which is perfect for a wedding cocktail hour, shower, birthday party or any other event to the beautiful Ballroom which is ideal for an elegant wedding reception the Spring Lake Manor has so much to offer and at a very affordable price.

The Grille Room is a dining room that is open to the public and the perfect place for an intimate dinner especially when celebrating a special event or holiday.

This past year, because of the great job done in 2011 by the Spring Lake Manor we had an overwhelming demand for tickets to our event so John was willing to give us the entire facility for our fundraiser and we were able to bring in nearly 300 people and raise nearly 24000.00 for our charity. The service, food, atmosphere and friendly demeanor of John and his staff have led us to sign on for our third year in April 2013.

If you are looking for a great venue with awesome food and a friendly environment led by a owner who's full of charisma and is always there to respond to your needs and questions, look no further than the Spring Lake Manor.

Sent on 06/14/2012

patrice · Married on 10/22/2011

Excellent food, location, drink and planning help! John and Janine were fantastic. When I was freaking out the day before the wedding because my groom to be was in the hospital and they werent sure they were letting him out for the wedding, John and Janine took care of everything! All i had to do was show up! The cocktail hour food was incredible! Everyone loved the atmosphere. We even had the ceremony there. It was all done so beautifully. Cant recommend them enough!

Sent on 03/14/2012

Erin · Married on 08/20/2011

Our wedding was perfect. We had the ceremony there and everything else to follow. I can't say enough about the staff and service that was provided, everyone was respectful and helpful in every way possible. Food was out of this world!!!!! Till this day my guest are still telling me that was the best food they had a wedding. Hands down I would recommend this reception venue to anyone with out hesitation.

Sent on 09/13/2011
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 08/06/2011

John, Janine, and staff did a great job on our 8/6/11 wedding. The food was awesome! All night long my guests were talking about how great the food was. They were very responsive when we had any questions and were right on top of everything. We had both our ceremony and reception there. The ballroom was very nice, Janine did a great job of setting everything up for us. Both John and Janine were very professional and we had a great night! Thank you so much for being a part of our special day!

Sent on 09/08/2011
  • I

Marilyn · Married on 09/11/2010

Working with John Nagel and his staff was a wonderful experience. I knew from the beginning everything would be taken care of and it was. Everyone raved about the food, the service and the setting was just beautiful. I would recommend
    the Spring Lake Manor to anyone and in fact when my daughter gets married I
    will strongly recommend that she have her reception there. John truly puts his heart and soul into his business and it shows.

Sent on 09/25/2010

John · Married on 06/26/2010

The owner and staff at Spring Lake Manor were a pleasure to deal with, always quick to respond to e-mail or phone calls. Our wedding reception ended up filling the place, yet it all went smoothly and memorably.

Sent on 08/21/2010

Christine · Married on 04/10/2010

John and his staff were on top of everything, very knowledgeable about the whole process, and made the planning and the day easy and fun! They were more than accomodating to my needs. All of my guests were wowed by the food and service, and the beautiful space that was elegant, yet allowed them to feel comfortable to have a great time. I cant thank them enough!!

Sent on 05/26/2010

Cara · Married on 09/22/2012

John and Janine were easy to work with, although they will rush you a little. When they say they have things taken care of, they mean it. Trust them. My wedding was a perfect day, and I wouldn't change a thing. The food was amazing and they were really good about serving everyone at the same time. We looked at a lot of venues and this was definitely the best value in the area. Their pricing includes everything (tax and gratuity too), and they didn't surprise us with any additional charges, which I really appreciated. It made it much easier to stick to our budget. I would recommend them with confidence.

Sent on 10/03/2012

Natalie · Married on 05/25/2012

Our Wedding was amazing. The food was incredible all our guest were very happy. The whole staff was very friendly and helpful during the ceremony and reception. John and Jenine were really easy and patient with the wedding preparations. They set up my centerpieces and favors perfectly and even sprinkled some flower pedals that was left over from the flower girl last minute on the tables. They added a fountain in the front that we took pictures it is a nice place at an affordable price. We couldn't be happier that we chose Spring Lake Manor for our Wedding.

Sent on 06/07/2012

Jennifer · Married on 07/30/2016

When tasked with finding a venue for my sister's bridal shower, I only contacted one place - The Spring Lake Manor. We held my rehearsal dinner here a few years ago, and our guests are still raving about it so I immediately contacted them for my sister's event. We had a Harry Potter themed shower, so we had quite a few decorations as well as a photo booth and a dessert bar. The team at the Spring Lake Manor not only helped us bring in the decorations but also consulted us on the best location to place things. As always, the food was amazing, the service was impeccable and the entire staff was extremely nice throughout the day. I highly recommend the Spring Lake Manor for any event you have. Book here - you won't regret it and your guests will be super happy.

Sent on 11/11/2017

3.2
      3.5
      2.5

The venue is beautiful and the food was excellent. The people running it can be a little abrupt and somewhat rude. They made some mistakes but overall the place is very nice and clean. They did however throw out my cake!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Rose · Married on 07/30/2016

3.2
      3.0

I had a bridal shower for my daughter at the spring lake manor. The place was beautiful . The room was done nicely . I had a buffet style, the food was put away to early, and cold. Then they asked if they can start putting the food away! They shouldn't had ask me 3 hours before the party ended. The staff started to clean and set tables for the next event, again I still had 3 hours left. Don't interrupt my event! Then proceeded to clear off the napkins and silverware from the tables. My family had ask if the party was over!
    I felt very rush! The staff just kept coming in cleaning and setting, I fine that very rude!
    I was upset, this was my first daughters bridal shower.
    I really hope spring lake manor will do something about this !

Sent on 07/18/2016

1.5

Had my sister in laws shower here and was very disappointed! First off ,the air wasn't working the room was very hot..The manager was rude she watched us clean up the place before our event was over.(blonde short lady) Made a big to do about her linens which were wrinkled not even pressed! She watched in the back of the room like if we were criminals!! Very rude. The food was good but put away within an hr of being out. Staff was setting up a event during our event. Overall I don't know how this place is in business. Go to the mill down the road don't waste your money even if it's cheaper...

Sent on 07/20/2016