The Spring Lake Manor Reviews

71 | Spring Lake, NJ

71 Reviews for The Spring Lake Manor

Jenna · Married on 05/14/2017

Wow, where can we begin? We live in the area and we knew we wanted to get married locally. The team at spring lake manor was wonderful with us from day 1. John, Janine, and the whole team are true pros. Every meeting with them was great. They worked so hard to make sure our needs were met, the food tasting was wonderful, they were so kind to our family and guests, they decorated the rooms beautifully, and during the wedding, were so attentive to us. They also helped recommend vendors, such as our officiant, which was much appreciated. We received so many compliments from our guests on how great everything was and what a good time everyone had. We truly enjoyed working with the team, we couldn't have asked for a better day. Both our ceremony and reception were held there and we are so truly happy with all of it. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 05/18/2017

Carol · Married on 10/23/2016

We had a small wedding at the SLM in Oct. John, Janine and the staff were very accommodating and couldn't be nicer. The place was beautiful and the food was delicious. The ice cream sundae bar was a hit also! We would recommend this venue for any of your upcoming events.

Sent on 11/08/2016

Karen · Married on 10/09/2016

We could not be happier with our experience at the spring lake manor ! John and Janine are absolutely amazing ! From the moment with met with John and saw the beautiful ballroom we were in love . We looked at one more venue then turned right around and came back to leave a deposit ! John and Janine were both so great about answering questions working with our other vendors and making sure everything was how we wanted it to be . When my Fiancé was suddenly diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks before our wedding date and we had to make the impossible decision to postpone, John was more then accommodating under the circumstances . He made sure we knew his health was the first priority and we would figure out the rest when we could.
    The wedding was just this weekend and everything went smoothly . Janine is magical ! She set everything up exactly how I imagined ( probably better even ) and she was a little voice in my head for the day steering me in all the right directions . There was not one moment of stress or panic in her hands !
    The food from cocktail hour to dinner was to die for ! I ate everything on my plate ! Also thanks to Janine who got me to my plate the second it was served !
    I can't say enough about the entire team at the Spring Lake Manor ! Everyone was on point ! Our day was amazing and it was everything I had dreamed !
    Thank you all for making my wedding dreams come true ! It was so much more special after everything we had been through and we wouldn't have wanted to share that with any one else !

Sent on 10/14/2016

Brittany · Married on 09/25/2016

Planning my wedding with Janine and John was a pleasure! Everything was perfect. It was everything I ever wished and hoped for. Thank you to John, Janine and the entire staff for a wonderful wedding!

Sent on 09/28/2016
  • Caileigh

Caileigh · Married on 09/17/2016

We cannot say enough times how wonderful the Spring Lake Manor was for our wedding reception. We were treated like royalty from the moment we stepped inside for our first appointment. The SLM was the first venue we saw on our wedding tour. That same day we visited four other venues and nothing compared. We immediately called to book and John was generous and accommodating to all of our needs. Anytime we came in for an appointment or to drop off items for the reception, we were greeted with smiling, caring, and attentive staff members. We were always offered food and drink anytime we stepped foot in the door. Our guests were raving about the food, kindness of the staff, and decor throughout the venue. John was a wonderful man to work with through this whole process. Janine was there anytime we needed anything (even before we knew we needed her!) and for that we are grateful! I will recommend SLM to all my friends and families for parties in the future. I am pretty sure a few of my guests are already planning their next party!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Cyndy · Married on 09/11/2016

Based on our first meeting with John at the Spring Lake Manor, we knew we were in good hands and had chosen the right venue. John went over every possible detail and all of the options available.  We were told they only host one wedding a day even thought the venue has room for other events.  Close to the wedding, we met with Janine who hosted the tasting, arranged the seating based on our needs, placement of tables choice of colors, flowers, etc.  Janine suggested that we drop off "personal touches" and placed each item perfectly around the room on the day of the wedding reception.  She was graciously available and attentive during the reception to keep us on track which was truly appreciated because the day went so fast.  The room arrangement was everything we had imagined.  Cocktails were flowing during the cocktail hour and the hors d'oeuvres were delicious and non-stop.  The wait staff and bartenders were friendly and accommodating.  We wanted a more informal party atmosphere so chose the buffet.  The chicken, shrimp, pasta, and sliders were the highlights and everyone raved about the food.  I would highly recommend the Spring Lake Manor as a classy, fun reception / event venue.  Much thanks to John, Janine and the entire staff at the SLM for making our reception so incredible and our dream come true!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Suzanne · Married on 09/10/2016

We had our Wedding Ceremony and Reception at the Spring Lake Manor on September 10, 2016. We couldn't be happier. Both John and Janine along with the entire staff did an amazing job!!! In our search for a venue was stressful and very expensive, I was in tears until we found Spring Lake Manor. When we first walked in it was exactly what we were searching for...to accommodate our 100 guests. It was warm and inviting and the venue was BEAUTIFUL not to mention the food was off the hook!!!! and the portions were large!!! Our guests raved about how good the food was, how much they enjoyed themselves and how BEAUTIFUL the venue was and how they enjoyed having everything there in one place!!!!! We couldn't be happier with our WEDDING DAY!!!! The Spring Lake Manor really does an AMAZING JOB!!!! You will not be disappointed!!!! Much better than all the other venues we reviewed!!!

Sent on 09/17/2016

Randy · Married on 09/10/2016

A year after our wedding at SLM we had our one year anniversary dinner in the Grille Room at SLM. They did not forget us !! Wow what a wonderful time thanks John & Janine ! Shannon did a wonderful job making us feel like we were the only couple in the restaurant !!
    God Bless
    Randy & Suzanne

Sent on 09/12/2017
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 08/28/2016

John and Janine at Spring Lake Manor both made our wedding amazing.

John runs a great business and he makes the Spring Lake Manor an excellent venue for a wedding. He was accommodating on both price and minimum number of people. He has a rapid response time in questions via either email or phone. John and Janine both took the time to meet with us in person multiple times as we were planning our wedding. We used the Atlantic Room for our ceremony, The Grille Room for our cocktail hour, and the ballroom for our reception. The flow between the rooms was seamless and there were no issues with set up or preparedness on the day of the event.

Janine was incredibly helpful in planning out the day of the event and with any questions that we had. Her organization is superb. We gave her lots of materials to setup in all three rooms and everything was setup correctly and looked beautiful. Also, not only is the staff organized and professional but the food is excellent! We received many compliments on the food especially on the quality of the cocktail hour.

I would recommend Spring Lake Manor to anyone who is looking for an excellent value from their venue for a reasonable price. Kudos to John and Janine and the rest of the SLM staff for making our wedding amazing!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Food was great. Like the atmosphere of the grille room.

Sent on 09/02/2016

Michael · Married on 08/06/2016

John and Janine were great. Our Ceremony was at the Gazebo in Divine Park and they provided and set up chairs, etc. The venue was beautiful. The food was delicious. The staff was professional. Our wedding was flawless. We highly recommend Spring Lake Manor for your wedding. We look forward to going back for our One Year Anniversary.
    Mike & Marsha

Sent on 08/18/2016

Cathy · Married on 07/16/2016

By all means book all your celebrations and events here. The food is delicious, the staff is so kind and helpful, and John, the owner makes planning weddings, showers, and all celebrations effortless. My daughter's Bridal Shower was here and it was a huge success.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Alana · Married on 07/15/2016

HIGHLY recommended! We had the best wedding reception ever, thanks to John, Janine, and the lovely staff at the Spring Lake Manor! John and Janine even made the planning process stress-free and easy. The night ran seamlessly, the food was fantastic, the venue looked incredible, and everyone had a blast!

Sent on 07/31/2016

Erica · Married on 06/10/2016

John and Janine made our wedding planning experience so much easier and more stress free. They took care of everything and exceeded everything I could have imagined my night would be. My husband and I are so grateful to have had such a beautiful reception there. John is very straight to the point which makes life so much easier. Janine is so crafty and a total sweetheart. They are both a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend this venue for any type of event. Thank you so much guys!

Sent on 06/15/2016

ashley · Married on 05/21/2016

The Spring Lake Manor just hosted our wedding on 5/21/2016. John, Janine and Kelly and the rest of the staff just made the night absolutely perfect. Janine took all my ideas and made them a reality! All our guests raved about the food and presentation. We are so grateful for the Spring Lake Manor making our fairy tale wedding come true!! Thank you again!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Kristen · Married on 12/19/2015

We are so happy we chose Spring Lake Manor for our wedding! John, Janine and the rest of the staff made our day effortlessly perfect! I fell in love with the venue the second I first walked in and knew it was the place. John did everything possible to ensure I had everything I dreamed of still staying within our budget. Janine was beyond helpful, answering questions, offering ideas and responded immediately whenever I needed her and never made me feel like I was bothering her. The day of the wedding everything went so smoothly thanks to the staff! We had our ceremony in the Atlantic room and then moved right into the Ballroom for the reception which worked out well and was such an easy transition for us and the guests. Both rooms for the ceremony and reception were beautifully decorated just as I had pictured and everyone had such a great time! My husband said he had so much fun he wanted to divorce me so he could marry me all over again. (Not happening lol) But if you need a venue for a wedding or party this is the perfect place! Everything is updated, bright and cheery and elegant. Very affordable but will appear as though you spent a million dollars! I could go on and on... Go see John!

Sent on 02/20/2016

Michelle · Married on 10/17/2015

The spring lake manor went above and beyond for my wedding day. They were very acommodating and professional in all areas from the menu planning, linens and the cake. John and his staff were amazing! They even recommended my DJ and limousines which were also very good. It seems like they have good relationships with their vendors and vice-versa. A fabulous job once again. Thank you! XOXO

Sent on 01/14/2016

Cali · Married on 09/13/2015

We were so happy and pleased that we chose Spring Lake Manor for our wedding venue! Janine and John made everything so easy. The day of we were so relaxed and stress free because we had 100% confidence in the staff. The food was absolutely delicious and people are STILL talking about it. We loved the decor and how clean and well kept the venue was. First class all the way! WE had our ceremony in the Atlantic room, the grille room for the cocktail hour and then the main ballroom for the reception. Everything had a beautiful flow and it made it easy on our guests. They allowed us to drop off our favors a week before so we wouldn't have to worry about a thing. John and Janine were very easy to work with and any questions or concerns we had they helped us through the entire process. Our wedding was perfect! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue for any and EVERY occasion.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Evelyn · Married on 09/05/2015

I couldn't have asked for a better day. The Spring Lake Manor exceeded my expectations in every way. Leading into the day they worked with us and facilitated every detail. There really wasn't anything I asked for that they didn't make happen!

We had our cocktail hour in the Atlantic Room and the wedding in the Main Room. The setup was perfect in both rooms. The cocktail hour food was amazing. All of our guests remarked on the food over the course of the night. Dinner came out efficiently and everything was seemless. The thing that impressed me the most about dinner was that it was hot. Sounds silly, but I've been to so many weddings where by the time the food arrived at the table it was lukewarm at best. The other thing I noticed was the portions. Many of our guests went with the steak. I had several remark that it wasn't a wedding portion (smaller) it was a real restaurant portion. People were stuffed. Everything was great quality.

Leading into the wedding, Janine helped me with the centerpieces, gave us a ton of information we needed, and was a general help in every way. Because our centerpieces involved sand, we couldn't assemble them ahead of time as they would move in transport. Janine literally put them all together for me based on a picture I had shown her. I was amazed at this level of service.

John also made everything easy. He was prompt to respond to all requests and honestly I think accomodated every one. We were able to pick a signature beer. I misunderstood when our count was due and everyone put me at ease and made it all work without any problems.

The whole night was fabulous.

A final note- I attended a wedding two weeks prior to my own. It was at a venue nearby that was more than twice the cost. The food, atmosphere, and general execution was NOWHERE near what happened at the Spring Lake Manor for us. Thanks to everyone there!

Sent on 11/01/2015
  • I

Ian&Diane · Married on 08/22/2015

Off the charts great from the beginning of the process, picking the menu, all the stuff none of us think about, and the execution of a great reception. Food was awesome, and there was a lot of it.

I'd strongly recommend.

Sent on 03/16/2016

Lauren · Married on 07/17/2015

I am so happy my husband and I chose the Spring Lake Manor for our Wedding Ceremony and Reception. This venue is absolutely stunning and they know how to throw an amazing wedding. John, the owner is always available for a question and/or advice. You never feel like he is talking you into something you don't need, rather, he gives you honest opinions and lets you decide what you would like. Janine, their Day of Coordinator, is so much more. She meets with you for your tasting, and uses her expertise to help guide you to choosing a wonderful menu. She also takes care of everything the day of, which is very important. I was able to drop off all my items which were needed the day of, the week of the wedding. She met with us, and assured us everything would be out in the ball room as we would like, and she did not disappoint. She and the staff had everything running smoothly that day. We had used all three rooms at the SLM, and the staff was able to move all the guests to where they needed to be and on time!

The food is amazing at the SLM, all the guests said so!! The quality and quantity of what you receive for the price you are paying is well worth a stop in to the venue and a conversation with John!! We went with the cocktail reception for our wedding, and it was perfect!

The service is top notch! I can't tell you how many guests told me this, and how much in awe of SLM they were! I felt like they not only catered to all of my needs, which is to be expected, but also all of the needs of my guests, which is so important!!!

I can't thank them enough for the work they did and how wonderful our wedding was!!!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Laura · event on: 01/02/2015

I have nothing but praise for The Spring Lake Manor. They were professional, honest, and accommodating from booking start to party finish! Owner John Nagle allowed all my needs to be meet at an extremely fair and affordable price. John and his entire staff were very helpful and friendly, and they went above and beyond during our party to make sure not only the birthday girl and family were happy, but also that every guest present was happy and having an enjoyable time. My family and I have used The Spring Lake Manor for several events, as well as attending many events there as well. The venue is beautiful, the staff is kind and professional, and the food is absolutely delicious! This establishment never disappoints and is our number one go to place. I highly recommend The Spring Lake Manor to everyone.

Sent on 02/08/2015

Nina · Married on 08/09/2014

I give the Spring Lake Manor 10 out of 5 stars!! First off John and Janine are absolutely fantastic and made my day better than I ever dreamed or imagined it could be. The Spring Lake Manor really goes above and beyond expectations and creates a gorgeous, elegant, and worry-free wedding! Words cannot express how much gratitude is deserved to John, Janine, management, and of course our bartender and wait staff! My husband and I are so genuinely thrilled that our wedding was held in such an elegant and gorgeous venue! Thanks Again to all of you!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Darcie Lynn · Married on 08/02/2014

My wedding was AWESOME! John, Kristen, and Janine are THE BEST. I was so nervous and frustrated when searching for a venue. i looked at many places, and was disheartened about the locations, the costs, what was included, what was not included, and most of all THE SERVICE. I have to say from the minute I walked into The Spring Lake Manor, John made me feel very comfortable. he was highly organized, professional, down to earth, easy to work with He took charge of everything, organized his team of true professionals, and made everything a very smooth transaction. I had no worries. My tasting was awesome, and I got to choose from the most vast menu of foods I ever thought possible. The food was so super delicious! I got to bring 6 people with me, and everything was perfect. The food was better than I could have ever thought! The value was outstanding as well for what i got. The venue was beautifully decorated, so cozy, beautiful, and everything I wanted. The tables were perfect, the linens, chairs, placement of everything was perfect. Kristen, a very valuable part of john's team was great. She was in constant contact with me, organized , planned, helped, and did all the crazy organization work! She is professional, organized, great, fun, and made everything easy for me! The constant contact was great, and organization on her part made my wedding run great. Janine!!!!!!!!!!!! what can I say???? super duper terrific!!!!!! that doesn't seen like enough of a compliment! Maître D extraordinaire definitely! The most organized, efficient, calm, perfect, take charge manager I have ever seen. She made my wedding what it was. From the rehearsal dinner to the end of my wedding, it would not have been possible without her dedication! This woman is FABULOUS. her responsiveness to anything I had concerns, questions about was the best. Thank you so much! I will be back (not for a my wedding! one is enough) but I will recommend The Spring Lake Manor always!

Sent on 10/19/2014

I can't say enough thanks to the venue - it was such a worry free experience working with them!
    First of all, the ceremony was beautiful in their Atlantic room, and the food was fantastic (and a lot) for the cocktail and reception.
    The owner John and our day-of coordinator Janine also provided all sorts of information and recommendations for vendors, from officiant, photographer, to cake and flower. We ordered all the vendors except for DJ based on their recommendations, and we are extremely happy with all of them.
    The price is incredible too! We were able to keep our budget and have a very smooth, elegant and happy wedding :) all our friends enjoyed it, and more importantly, they made the planning so easy for us!
    Definitely recommend this place to every bride!

Sent on 05/25/2014