145 Reviews for The Specialists Entertainment, Inc.

Consultation (4)
Uplighting (2)
Flat Screen (1)
Photobooth (1)
92 The Specialists Entertainment, Inc. Reviews

We hired Philip as our wedding DJ based on our photographer's recommendation. We wanted a great party where everyone is dancing and having fun and thought that the DJ was probably one of the most important part of the wedding. Unfortunately, we could not meet Philip in person before the wedding because we lived far and things were so hectic for us. It is a bit risky to hire a vendor without meeting them in person. However, Philip quickly became my favorite vendor even without meeting him! He was responsive, professional, and gave very helpful advice!! We got married in CT during a snowstorm, and he made it on time and was there to make sure that our wedding went on without a problem and stayed until the very end! He played all our favorite songs and made sure that everything ran smoothly. He can read the crowd and get the crowd going. We feel really lucky that Philip was our DJ. I would hire him all over again in a heartbeat! We HIGHLY recommend him!

Profile Picture Grace, 12/9/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

I hired Phil for my wedding last month @ the Venetian in Garfield, NJ. Phil's a super cool guy who knows his stuff. My wife and I felt really comfortable working with him since our initial meeting at his house. He truly has your best interest at heart and even turned away certain things that would make him more money. (but we didn't necessarily need) Not many people would do that. Everyone we talk to says we had the best wedding they've ever been to -- Phil and his team were huge contributors to that...... Thanks again!

Profile Picture Dan, 11/19/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Phil and his team are absolutely AMAZING!!!!! The music played all night was on point. We gave a list of artists and genres of music that we and our guests enjoy and they nailed it with every song. They are the best and I would hire them again for another event in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Where do I begin, these guys ROCKED the house! What a fine group of professionals that we were honored to have at our wedding. They did a beautiful job with the ceremony music and had everyone engaged throughout the reception. We absolutely loved having them and they did a phenomenal job keeping the crowd up and dancing the entire time, which is something you don't often see. The beach ceremony had customized music that Phil helped us to select to keep it fresh and trendy. Throughout this whole process and planning, Phil was amazing with us in accommodating our various song requests and was helpful every step of the way in his recommendations when we unsure of certain things. The group consisted of a DJ, MC, Percussionist and Saxophonist, who created a perfect blend of tunes for all of our guests. I highly recommend this group - Music is such an important key to a wedding and having these memories stick to peoples minds. Why have an average wedding when you can hire this group to bring it to the next level.
You guys were a shining star at our wedding -- Thank you, Phil!

Profile Picture Steve, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

Philip was the absolute best to work with. He was professional, honest, enthusiastic and organized. Philip made the entire process a breeze, and for that we are truly grateful! We will definitely use him again down the road and highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

ES provided the music for my daughter's wedding at Rosecliff Mansion in Newport, RI.. The band Mike Amado recommended (Young Love & Thrills) was outstanding..They brought down the house!..We are from Miami and music is very important! ..Mike was our DJ, as well as coordinator..He is very personable, accomodating, and professional..ES also provided the lighting and photobooth for the event...If music/entertainment is a priority for your event, ES is the one to go to. You will be glad you did!

Profile Picture diandra, 4/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

If you want the best service and the best experience for both you and your guests, then The Specialist Entertainment Inc. is the only way to go. Since I've had experience with them on multiple occasions they are consistently professional, great to work with and most of all FUN! You won't regret choosing them for your big day.

Profile Picture Dayna, 1/13/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Philip was amazing with the crowd. The mix of music was good to have everyone joinin. My sons birthday was a hit because of him.

Profile Picture Lina, 11/13/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We loved working with Phil for my son's Bar Mitzvah! He was really great at helping us figure out what we needed for our specific party without trying to talk us into extra unnecessary and costly add on's. We thought he was reasonable and worth every penny!! We have gotten a lot of feedback from our guests inquiring about the DJ and how great he was! He kept the energy up in the room without being too invasive and kept the kids attention and got the rest of the crowd involved as well. He took care of the flow of the party with ease and worked well with the facility and the staff. We had 2 dancers, one male and one female, who were very low key but wonderful with the crowd, just what we wanted. He also provided an open air photo booth with staff, and all sorts of props, which ran smoothly and was a fun activity for our guests. At the end we were handed a flash drive and went home with all the pictures. We highly recommend Phil and his team!

Profile Picture Merri, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

AWESOME. The Specialists Entertainment was the biggest factor for such an amazing wedding. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone. We received nothing but great reviews from all of our guests. Phil is the easiest to work with and made our planning stress free. The Specialists Entertainment is the only way to go for any special events or occasions!

Profile Picture shalyn, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I couldn't have asked for better entertainment at my wedding!! Phil and DJ were AMAZING. We've received so many compliments on how much fun our wedding was. There was something for everyone while staying within our wishes. Phil knew exactly what type of party we wanted and he gave it to us. They did the music for the ceremony and the reception and everything went so smoothly from the first time we met to the breaking down of the equipment. The best part of the planning process was the log in the made for us to put all of our wishes and let them know EXACTLY how we wanted the night to go. Phil was incredibly helpful throughout the whole process and gave us suggestions when we needed them. Thank you for helping make our wedding perfect!!!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Magical. That is the word that I can use to describe the night for my Daughters Sweet 16. The rave reviews I heard all night from my guest, Who is that DJ? That music was awesome. This two man show went over an beyond of what I expected. They made sure the party didn't go thru any hiccups. I highly recommend The Specialist Entertainment for any of your future events.

Profile Picture Santos, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Where do i begin? My fiance and i met Phil 3-4 years ago at a friends wedding. That is when we first saw him and his crew in action and let me tell you, the way he packed that dance floor we looked at each other and said "one day when we get married, hes hired!" Not only did we refer him to 3 other weddings over the next 2 years but he did our wedding on September 3rd, 2016. Its been almost 3 weeks and i still have guests from our wedding talking about our DJ! Phil and his crew are awesome, i wish i could relive the night it went by so fast! All i know is that the dance floor was packed all night long! We also used other services including the photo booth rental. I even told him i wanted special music during our cocktail hour and he played the exact list we asked for. He is truly amazing at what he does and he knows how to get a crowd excited and out of their seats! Phil you are the BEST! No one does what you do!!! Thank you so much to you and your staff, you rock! Trust that when you book 'The Specialists Entertainment' you will not regret it.

Profile Picture Amy, 9/3/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Flat Screen, Microphones, Photobooth, Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

If you use Philip, you won't be dissapointed.

Profile Picture User7226757, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

From the first time we met Phil Santos it felt like we were family. He was so calm, warm, and welcoming that I couldn’t help but feel at ease. He assured me that our Wedding would be a party to remember and boy was it!

Phil and I spoke many times and went over every detail before our Wedding on Aug. 13, 2016. He even thought of things that I didn’t realize that I needed like outdoor microphones and music for our outdoor ceremony. He went over countless songs with me to ensure the night would be exactly as I envisioned it.

Through The Specialists Entertainment we also booked a photo booth and a singer and saxophone player Danny, that wowed all of our guests. Danny was that touch of class throughout cocktail hour to add to the elegance of our evening. The photo booth was a fun addition to our celebration and allowed guests to go home with a little keep sake from our Wedding Day.

Phil Santos and his team at The Specialists Entertainment were nothing short of amazing that night. He and his assistant kept the dance floor packed all night long as promised. He was excellent at reading us and more importantly at reading the crowd!

Profile Picture Christyn, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

if you want easy, no stress, exactly-what-you-were-thinking... look no further. song selection, presence, ambience, energy... it was all exactly what we hoped for and more!

Profile Picture User7226447, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Top of line from beginning to end. Helpful and easy to work with. Got every detail spot on.

Profile Picture User7264386, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Phil and the crew were Just AMAZING!!! Not only did The Specialists Entertainment provide my wedding with an incredible DJ, but also with a photo booth, slideshow, lighting, fire dancer, belly dancer, percussionist & Svet, an amazing electric violinist. I would recommend Phil and the rest of the crew over and over again. Can't wait to use The Specialist Entertainment for our next events.

Profile Picture Jen, 6/18/16, 11 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I heard them at a friends wedding and we thought they were so great we booked them for ours! Phil was so easy to talk to, helped us plan exactly what we wanted without any push back, and had an awesome website that we could type in everything we wanted. Our friends and family didn't leave the dance floor the entire night. We would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Carleigh, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

The level of professionalism that Phil Santos and his team provided not only on our wedding day and but the weeks leading up to the wedding more then exceeded our expectations. Phil Santos was by far our favorite vendor to work with. The dance floor at our wedding was full with wedding guests from beginning until the end. The Specialist Entertainment team did not miss a beat the entire night. Now as a married couple, the level of excitement when we see Phil and his team at a wedding is thru the roof!

Profile Picture CRISTINA, 5/27/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The specialist entertainment made our wedding! Not only did they take into consideration everything we liked and disliked but had great ideas as well. They where very professional with a great sense of humor! They where very flexible in helping me along the way since I lived two hours away! That in itself was so helpful that other DJ'S/ MC's we contacted made it manditory to meet (which living that far was not an option). Everyone for months after the wedding kept raving how great they where and how they wished they used them for their wedding. I've already passed their information on to some friends of mine who have up coming weddings and I can't wait to party all over again! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our day as memorable as it was! We are very great full for everything!

Profile Picture Lynda, 3/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

The Specialists Entertainment (Philip Santos and Dave Shaw) exceeded our expectations. Our daughter's sweet sixteen was awesome because of them! We could not have had a better time. Our guests felt very special and connected to the entertainment. Philip is the BEST event specialists, he kept the party flowing wonderfully and always made sure everyone was having a great time. Everyone is going to remember Tiffany's special day because of Philip.

We were very BLESSED to have this business coordinate our party...we will definitely use them again!

Profile Picture Flo, 1/16/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

To Whomever may read this, you couldn't find a better DJ, Coordinator, Entertainer and Friend to take care of you at your party of your choosing .Whether it be a Wedding ,Bar Mitzvah or whatever the party may be, Philip is the guy I would recommend you call. I had the privilege to have him do my daughters "Sweet 16" and everyone I had there were raving how great he was from beginning to end.. Philip kept the party hopping and helped get things going from the music to the cake to the announcing to the dancing. He is Number 1 in our book and my daughter was extremely happy how her friends alway talk about her party and he's one of the reasons why. We consider Philip one of our family members now and you'll do the same once you hire him. I plan to have him do another "Sweet 16" for my youngest daughter who has told me he's doing my party next... Thank You Philip Santos for everything!!

Profile Picture Miguel, 1/16/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer

No need to search any further "The Specialists Entertainment, Inc" is all that you need to make your event top notch!
We still have guests of all ages complimenting our celebration because of Philip and his team.

The Specialists Entertainment (Philip Santos and Dave Shaw) exceeded our expectations. We could not have had a better time. Our guests felt special and part of the event. Philip is an amazing event specialists, he kept the party flowing without a missed beat, always made sure everyone was having a great time.

We will definitely use them again!

Profile Picture Florbela, 1/16/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

My husband and I can not put into words how amazing The Specialists Entertainment team made our wedding day! From the initial meeting, down to the details and visions, all the way to the actual wedding day, these guys were nothing short of amazing. Guests are still talking about our wedding day, our music and how fun it was! Every time we hear a complement it makes us feel that much better about our vendor choices. We couldn't have asked for anymore then the amazing job Phil and Dave did. They were professional every time, arrived early for set up, played all our tops pick songs, and even got our entire guest count on the dance floor. They made everyone, including us, genuinely excited and provided us tips and guidance along the way. Phil was able to speak Portuguese and English for my guests and was also able to mix in my cultural music in order to have other guests engaged and interested in learning the dances. He was able to feel out the crowd in order to keep the dance floor full at all times. If your looking for a DJ look no further. These guys are the way to go. They will pull out all the stops and do whatever it takes to make your wedding day a memorable one!

Profile Picture Andrea, 10/4/15, 1 Review