The Sophisticados Reviews

3 | San Diego, CA

3 Reviews for The Sophisticados

Renee · Married on 05/20/2017

The Sophisticados played at my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and I couldn't have been happier with their performance!! Ted and Fernando are extremely talented (a lot of our guests had great things to say about their music), very professional and really friendly. I listened to their music samples online, booking them without meeting in person but it all worked out! They showed up on time and set everything up as promised. They were also very communicative and patient when I had questions during the planning process. I highly recommend the duo for any event, even if it's not a wedding. Their music is fantastic!

Sent on 05/22/2017
  • mimitrue

Jamie · Married on 01/10/2016

We knew we wanted a dj for the reception but we wanted something different for the ceremony and cocktail hour, something classier and live. When we found the Sophisticados, I fell in love with their latin jazz tone. They are the sweetest acoustic guitar players and gave our ceremony such a romantic feel with their live music. Everyone loved the live music and I am so glad we found them for our day! Thank you!

Sent on 01/22/2016

Casandra · Married on 06/23/2012

The Sophisticados are an incredible duo and I was honored to have them make our seaside ceremony extra special. They traveled all the way to Puerto Rico with all of their gear (they are friends - but wow, that was a long way to travel with so much musical equipment!). They played beautiful background music for our ceremony - I was late (I showed up on a boat surprising all the guests!) and having the music going made the whole pre-ceremony scene more like a mixer/happy hour prior to the ceremony rather than everyone just standing around waiting for me and the bridesmaids to show up =) I got a TON of compliments for their ceremony music - they played songs I requested mixed with some other of their suggestions and it was the perfect mix to set the mood. The also played while the bridal party walked down with was perfect (you never know how long the party will actually take for procession so they were able to keep the music going vs. having a DJ play a selected song and then it might have ended too soon). The icing on the cake with The Sophisticados was that they learned a song for me and we surprised my husband at the reception and I performed it with them, singing to him in front of all our guests. Let me say, that was the biggest surprise and a super special "wedding gift" to my husband (that I think my Mom enjoyed even more than him!). Both Ted and Fernando are great people, inside and out - they are professionals and are extremely honest and easy to work with. Wedding planning can be super stressful - finding vendors is a big part of that. I got married 3,000 miles from home on an island so finding vendors for me was stressful - I wasn't happy at all with the local DJ we hired so I was VERY happy we brought The Sophisticados all the way from San Diego to Puerto Rico. Rest assured, hiring the Sophisticados for your wedding or any event is an easy choice that you will be happy you made!

Sent on 07/10/2012