The Simply Elegant Group Reviews

1 User photo

The Simply Elegant Group 1
  • Jordan&Steph

Stephanie · Married on 06/25/2016

Simply Elegant Group paid for themselves basically. We used several of their preferred vendors, this lead to great contract deals (saving money), and exceptional trustworthy vendors. I loved having a planner some problems that did arise on the day were solved before I even found out about them. My planner Nadia and her team really went above and beyond from start to finish. Nadia was always there to help me with little questions or bigger logistical questions. When my venue was being difficult Nadia stepped in to save the day, and made sure my vision was heard. My husband and I are so happy we hired Simply Elegant.

Sent on 07/15/2016

Danielle · Married on 07/19/2014

I couldn't have asked for more. I had Kristin as my wedding planner/coordinator, Sarah was her second, Cait did my invites and I also met Ashley. They were advocates for me with my other vendors. They helped me manage the chaos. And their biggest value? On the day of my wedding I did nothing logistical.

Things got where they were supposed to, the room was set up, the other vendors communicated to. I worried about nothing. My crafts, purchases, rentals, everything started in boxes in my hotel room. When I walked into my space, everything was perfect. Just more than I ever could have hoped for.

Really. They even helped me deal with an awful vendor, and found me a replacement. They were all around exactly what I wanted. It was the best money I spent, and I wouldn't do it again without them.

Sent on 08/29/2014

SEBC was such a pleasure to work with along the whole way, and I am so extremely glad we had them on board. As an event planner myself, it was really important to me to have a true professional as a day-of coordinator who could take over and execute all of our carefully made plans on the day of the event and just let us fully enjoy our wedding and celebration. Our planner was such a rock star. She did a really great job running the show, and when she got on-site on the wedding day, I knew things were in good hands. She was totally on the ball the whole day and she handled every detail with aplomb.

As icing on the cake, SEBC's business model and fee structure is brilliant. With the discounts we received from preferred (and fantastic) vendors, I really feel like we made up the difference in what it cost to hire SEBC as our day-of coordinator. That said, even if we had had no discounts at all, Maggie and SEBC as a whole offered a value above and beyond the fee, so all in all, it really felt like an amazing deal working with them. I would recommend SEBC to any future bride!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Simply Elegant, and more specifically the coordination expertise of Mrs. Katie Tiburzi, were completely invaluable to myself and my husband for our outdoor October wedding. More often than not a bride relies on family, friends and or wedding party to coordinate, set-up and clean all the details of her day. By hiring Simply Elegant, you ensure that your family and friends can relax and celebrate the day with you.

Thank you Katie and the Simply Elegant team for tackling those pesky details, lending wisdom on a wedding built from scratch, and keeping it fun and humorous through-and-through. Cheers to you! Emma&Zach

Sent on 10/29/2013

We worked with Ashley for our wedding day coordination. Ashley was professional and helpful throughout the entire day and made sure everything went smoothly. Thank you for the great experience!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Rachel · Married on 10/20/2013

Greetings,

My wife and I just had our wedding on Sunday October 20 and our experience with Simply Elegant was wonderful. My wife interviewed four different spots and one of the prim draws to Simply Elegant was the price point and the referral from our friend Jaclyn who had a great experience with them. Compared to a lot of wedding planners Ashley comes off as no nonsense and up front about what works and what doesn't. She is very professional and at all times she seemed to be really collaborative, positive and helpful. But, when she had to make a decision about something quickly that wasn't the venue or the temple's first choice she totally held her own and made sure our day went well.

Additionally, Ashley helped us secure a bunch of discounts from caterers, tablecloth folk, transportation people and more. In the end about 1/3 of the money she received ended up being realized in discounts.

Her team was great on the day of the wedding as well. I had zero complaints at the price point we were working with. If we had shelled out upwards of 2k I would want to see all sorts of perks, packages, gift delivery, and otherwise. But coming in where we did what we were seeking was someone to handle the details on the day of, keep things running on time and taking care of a bunch of the end of event stuff. On that count Simply Elegant was beyond our expectations, from well before the event they were the glue that made our day great.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Erika · Married on 07/13/2013

Ashley is a really great woman to work with. I hired her as a day-of-coordinator, but asked her plenty of questions throughout the planning process and she always got back to me right away. On the day of the wedding, her and her assistant had control of what needed to be done and made sure it got done. In the end, my venue had very-involved coordinators that could have done much of what Ashley was doing, so I don't know if I really needed her, but given a venue with no coordinators, she would be essential. I also got discounts with a few vendors because I was a SEBC bride, so I paid for about half of my DOC cost through the savings.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Kim · Married on 05/12/2012

3.0

Simply Elegant Bridal Consulting was amazing to work with and I am so glad that we dedcided to hire a consultant. They helped the day go so smoothly and were easy to work with!

Sent on 05/31/2012

CONNIE · Married on 09/19/2015

We used Simply Elegant Group and worked with Jamie. She was very pleasant and calming, much needed in the second half of planning! I was hoping for a little more design guidance and maybe a tad more personal experience, however she did do a great job with organization and worked very hard for us. And using a planner for the day of is a MUST!!! There were two of them at our venue to set up, oversee along with the venue's coordinator, and most importantly, take-down! They removed all of the centerpiece items that were purchased by us instead of rented by an outside company (not all of them were returned, but we assumed some may have gotten broken or taken?), and loaded our gifts into our vehicles. We could literally get on the bus after our wedding and head straight to the after party with not a care in the world, it was all handled for us. Other than a couple small hiccups (seating at dinner tables was incorrect, wedding party lineup confused,..) and the fact we were really disappointed with one of the recommended vendors on their list (really not SEG's fault, other than promoting them) we were pleased with our experience. Jamie was very likable, and I felt in any area she lacked, she made up for by going above and beyond in others.

Sent on 12/14/2015

Shannon · Married on 08/22/2015

We loved the simply elegant group. The owner Ashley is the best of the best and provided so much guidance before we even signed a contract and continued to follow up with us throughout our planning process. Our day of planner was Nadia and she was extremely professional and calm. Our day would have been a total disaster without her. If you think you don't need a planner because the venue has a coordinator then you are in trouble. Our coordinator was a mess and incredibly stressful to be around. Nadia took the blow for us, by being the go to person. The bride was able to enjoy her day even though there was mistakes, natural disasters (literally) and rude service at the venue. Thank you for helping make the best day ever! Side note they have great vendors but we were on a budget so we used family and friends to provide other services ex photo/video etc for us. Also don't be afraid to negotiate any price, from flowers to the wedding dress with their provided vendors on top of the 10-20% off they give you ;)

Sent on 11/13/2015

Maggie was fantastic. Everything came together perfect. I had no worries on my wedding day and I stayed stress free. It was great to let someone else handle my stress for the day. It was also helpful having suggested vendors to pick from.

Sent on 07/06/2014

Therese · Married on 04/02/2016

3.0

Nadia was great to work with and was very helpful in the planning and setting up the time frames for the wedding day. She was also great at picking up some of the last minute tasks I need to do the week of the wedding. A wedding planner would be very important if you had to coordinate a lot of vendors on your wedding day. As a bride - you don't want to worry about those details.

Sent on 12/09/2016

1.4
      0.0
      2.0

In our case, SE did not live up to the good reviews. Our planner was disinterested from the start and continually gave/referred us to the preferred vendor list vs. actually providing proactive help like we had hoped. We decided to part ways amicably but lost valuable planning time. Not a fit for us.

Sent on 01/13/2016

The Simply Elegant Group's reply:

Thank you for expressing your experience with us and we are TRULY sorry that you didn’t end up having the best experience with our team. We count on your feedback so that we are able to grow and learn as an organization. Throughout our years in business, helping 100's of happy clients plan their weddings, we strive to create the best possible planning experience for each and every one of our clients. In order to continue this we need to know if we missed the mark, which clearly we did with you.

We absolutely encourage you to reach out to us directly- we would LOVE to make sure that we do everything we can to take care of this for you. Congratulations in your marriage! We wholeheartedly wish you the very happiest of lives together!
  • User6220682 · 2+ years ago

0.8
      0.5
      1.0

Elisa was a big disappointment. She was definitely one vendor we should not have hired. Whatever she wrote in our wedding timeline, she should have skipped all the "planner escorts bride " "planner greets" because none of thes things happened. As a matter of fact, we barely saw her. She forgot my bouquet and my husbands butnier. She also didn't come to our rehearsal walk through after she said she would. We felt lost and she was overwhelmed apparently. She also brought only one assistant after agreeing on two. After she told us the assistant was very senior, the assistant told a few of our guests this was her first day at work in wedding industry. This was a big mistake on her part because our weddings were very involved due to two different cultural ceremonies at the most well known wedding venue Drake Hotel. I had 24 other vendors I was happy with. She was awful!!!!

Sent on 10/31/2016

The Simply Elegant Group's reply:

We are truly sorry for your experience. Please know that our clients are our first priority here at Simply Elegant, and knowing that you weren’t completely satisfied with our services is a difficult thing for us to hear. We count on your feedback so that we are able to learn as an organization. We will use your feedback to further grow our team’s planning services, so know that we have brought your concerns addressed both here in your review as well as in our correspondence via email about your experience to the attention of our entire planning team.

Again, we are truly sorry that your experience didn’t align with your expectations. We are hopeful that although Elisa wasn’t able to be with you personally throughout the day, that you know she in fact did have your best interests at heart, and her hand in many different situations, which ensured your wedding day stayed on track, with little disruption for your guests.