The Simply Elegant Group Reviews

114 Reviews for The Simply Elegant Group

1 User photo

The Simply Elegant Group 1

Shawn · Married on 09/23/2016

We had a wonderful experience working with Simply Elegant for our September 2016 wedding at the Rookery in downtown Chicago. Initially we worked with Lindsay, who helped answer all of our questions, and then we were assigned our planner, Gina. Gina was a true pleasure to work with, she was so organized, kept us on track with our vendors, helped us organize our ceremony and reception time-lines, and provided multiple vendor recommendations which all turned out great. A day before the wedding, Gina had an emergency and was not able to be at our wedding, but Simply Elegant made sure that everything went off without a hitch. Lindsay called us immediately to let us know the back-up plan, and then she attended our rehearsal while they flew in Kerry from the Minneapolis branch, who took over for Gina for the wedding day. My husband and I were not aware of any issues on the wedding day, which was a true testament to how organized and professional the Simply Elegant team are. Our main concern before booking a planner was having a proper/reliable back-up plan, because life happens, and we were so glad we went with Simply Elegant because of that. Even if there were any problems/hiccups, we were able to enjoy the day and not worry, and it all turned out better than we could have hoped! Thank you so much, Lindsay, Gina, Kerry and the entire team, you are rock stars!!!

Sent on 01/01/2017

Laura · Married on 09/17/2016

Caitlin and the team and Simply Elegant helped bring to life our vision for our special day. I can't say enough good things about Caitlin and the rest of the team. I am so happy we were able to use them to make our day absolutely perfect.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2016

Simply Elegant was one of the best choices we made! I can't even imagine the wedding process or the day without them. Nadia is AMAZING! The expertise, energy and guidance from her during each step of the wedding planning process made our big day one that we will never forget. She helped us stay on track and organized. We still cannot believe how fun and easy everything was with them. There was little to no stress in the whole process! With Nadia and her wonderful team there on the big day everything was perfect, beautiful and stress free. They took care of everything and all the behind the scenes situations and decisions. My husband and I got to really focus and enjoy our day, our friends and our family! The best day ever! Thank you so much for your hard work and focus! I recommend them for your big day!

Sent on 03/10/2017

Chloee · Married on 08/21/2016

Day of coordinator = best wedding decision, ever!

My recent wedding was absolutely amazing due in huge part to Emily and her assistants’ help! I received nonstop compliments from family, friends and our caterer about how smoothly everything went, and how extremely well Emily was at working with all the various friends/families and vendors. Her kind and fun personality (and organizational skills!) also put me at ease. On the wedding day the groom and I were simply able to focus on enjoying family and friends. I'd recommend that anyone have a day-of coordinator, and this is a great company!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Kathleen · Married on 08/13/2016

Lindsay Mackey from Simply Elegant Group is simply the best. We were looking for a "day of" planner for our daughter's wedding so that we could enjoy the day and not be worried about the many details. Lindsay was absolutely outstanding! Lindsay was available for weeks before the wedding to answer any questions and walk us through the entire day. On the day of the wedding Lindsay showed up smiling, calm and happy with a detailed itinerary in hand which she made sure was executed perfectly. There are so many details you just don't think of, from getting the flowers to the correct people, getting the bridal party organized and on and off the trolley for pictures , making sure the reception space was as it should be , to providing the band with times for announcements and the first dances to so much more. Lindsay did it all and we were able to enjoy our daughter's wedding stress free because we knew Lindsay had it all handled. I have and will continue to strongly recommend Simply Elegant Group and Lindsay Mackey. Trust me, its money well spent!

Sent on 11/02/2017
  • User5194788 · 2+ years ago

Kerry was a coordinator rockstar. She was so organized, professional, and on every last detail! She never made me feel like I was being over the top or ridiculous- she executed every vision I had perfectly. She had the most detailed timeline and kept us all on track during our wedding without making us feel like we actually were on a timeline. We had a wedding day that went smoother than I thought possible and I credit that to Kerry! Definitely a great investment! Thank you so much for helping us to create such an outstanding day!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Amy · Married on 07/01/2016

One of the reasons I choose SEG over other planners was that they are amazing at getting back to you right away. They are also competitively priced and are extremely responsive and helpful from the moment you meet them. And then they assigned me to Gina, which was just perfect.

Gina really understood my vision. We immediately hit it off and gave me tons of advice for my own planning. She was my "day of" coordinator, so I did all the pre-planning. But when we had our final timeline meeting, she was extremely thorough and helped me figure out the loose ends or gaps in my planning. This was terribly necessary!! After a day of getting ready on my wedding day, we arrived to the venue with everything set up perfectly!! I still felt in control of my wedding, but knew I had someone I trusted to look after all my hard worked details. While I had to reorganize a few things and made a few mistakes during the day (nothing major!), Gina took control of most everything and made it all a breeze. She even organized guests to look away while my bridesmaids ran me to the bathroom before the ceremony :)

I am so glad I choose SEG and Gina to help me with my wedding. It was the most spectacular day of life and I will never forget it! Thanks, Gina - you rule :)

Sent on 07/07/2016
  • Prairie56

Karine · Married on 06/25/2016

I worked with Emily and her assistant Caitlin. I'm so glad I went with Simply Elegant. It was money well worth spent that we were originally hesitant about. If I didn't have them for my wedding I know I wouldn't have had as great of a wedding as I did. They were like a little army the day of during the day. Always busy, and we received so many compliments on them from the wedding party and family. Emily gave me great advice leading up to the day and Simply Elegant steered me towards some great vendors I used (Warpaint, On Solid Ground Rentals, Nothing Bundt Cakes). The money we saved from using SImply Elegant made it actually much more affordable to have them. I can't say enough how happy I was to go with this company and how big of a part they made our wedding a success. We were hesitant on spending the money but my husband agreed after the wedding he was glad we had Emily with Simply Elegant

Sent on 07/09/2016

Maria · Married on 06/25/2016

Words cannot express how wonderful it was to work with Kerry Hollenback from Simply Elegant (Minneapolis location) for our daughter's wedding in June. Having an outdoor wedding at our home was a decision that had created stress in terms of how to pull it off with making sure that all details & contigencies were in place. Although we had debated on whether to hire a "day of" wedding planner, it was absolutely the BEST decision we could have possibly made. Kerry Hollenback was such a delight and communicated with us from the day we signed our contract. Even though we live in outstate MN, she made 2 trips to our home prior to the wedding & was available by phone & email frequently. She made us feel we were the only clients. Kerry was able to answer questions, provide guidance based on her experience with over 700 weddings, mediate differences of opinion (very tactfully), contact vendors, anticipate concerns, & recommend practical & affordable ideas. On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant were amazing in taking care of details that one cannot possibly know need to be done. With an outdoor wedding, weather was a concern & a storm went through just at the time of the scheduled ceremony. We had been watching radar & knew of its impending approach. Kerry was calm and explained that she had a plan. While the wedding party was gathered in our home, Kerry directed guests to the reception tent while the storm passed. Guests were able to have a drink & socialize. When the rain was through, Kerry, her assistant, & ushers wiped down the ceremony chairs - then, moved guests to the ceremony location facing the lake. Kerry & her assistant had set tables, placed signage, directed the reception schedule, & a myriad of details behind the scene. Deciding to have Simply Elegant for our wedding was the best decision we could have made. Kerry handled details & execution on the day of the wedding that we couldn't have anticipated. Her level of professionalism was extraordinary.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Caitlin · Married on 05/21/2016

One of the best pieces of advice I received throughout our wedding planning process was to hire a Day-of Wedding Coordinator. Being a pretty decisive and organized person, I didn't need much help with planning our wedding (May 21, 2016), but as the big day approached there were SO many overwhelming details that I have never been so grateful for the decision to hire The Simply Elegant Group (Chicago location).
    I had the pleasure of working with Lindsay Mackey. From our initial meeting, it was clear she knew what she was doing - she was so friendly and knowledgable. About a month before our wedding (right when the craziness started setting in) she became very involved and helpful. We had a couple meetings (in person and phone) and she was super flexible to work around my schedule. We talked through all the details. Some very important things that I wouldn't have never thought of or remembered. The timeline and documents we created together left no detail untouched and was a great reference tool for myself and my vendors.
    On the wedding day, Lindsay and her assistants did so much behind the scenes work; answering calls, working with the vendors, directing guests, picking up and dropping off various items, setting up personal items for the ceremony and reception, and dealing with any mishaps that may have occurred (which I would have no clue if anything did go wrong!).
    Our wedding day went SO perfectly and smoothly. My husband, myself, and our parents truly enjoyed the day without a single worry or interruption, and I have Simply Elegant to thank for that! Do not plan your wedding without them!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Gerda · Married on 05/14/2016

We choose Simply Elegant for my daughter's big day mostly based on the reviews we read. We had Ashley for our personal planner. I could go on and on about the professionalism, skill and care that Ashley displayed, but it is better said with one word: Amazing!!!! Not only did she do everything and then some to the utmost, she did it all with grace and charm. We owe her a multitude of thanks for making everything run so smoothly and efficiently (no small task for 200 guests) and I believe we have also gained a friend! I very rarely write reviews, but when something is this exceptional, praise is deserved and appropriate.

Sent on 05/17/2016
  • Alida

Alida · Married on 05/14/2016

Ashley Carpenter with the Chicago office of the Simply Elegant Group provided Day of Coordination for my May 2016 wedding. She was absolutely incredible to work with - and there is no way we could have done it without her. She arrived at our very first meeting completely organized with spreadsheets and timelines and vendor tracking. She gave me complete peace of mind leading up to the event, because I knew that she wouldn't let anything slip through the cracks. On the day of she kept everything running smoothly, but also kept everyone calm and was able to handle anything that came up and modified the schedule on the fly instead of rushing to try and stick with the original plan. Long story short - she was amazing and I can't thank her enough for helping to make our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Ashlee · Married on 04/01/2016

I ended up hiring Simply Elegant last minute for day-of services. I was having a destination wedding in Jamaica. The resort wedding planners were helpful when it came to selecting a location, band, dinner, flowers, etc. but less helpful with the details of the day and timeline. Lindsay Mackey helped us put together a timeline for the day, ceremony and reception. Also, the resort didn't do much for a wedding rehearsal so Lindsay managed this (which was a feat with my family). I was so happy that she insisted that we do a quick run through instead of just skipping it. Lindsay helped make sure everything was on track the day of and for a destination wedding this is not an easy task. Island time is real! When planning the details with the resort, photography was a challenge. I knew that I wanted amazing photos and wasn't getting warm and fuzzy feelings from the resort photographer. One night when Lindsay was helping me with the timeline (about 2 weeks before the wedding) I mentioned my concerns and she said she would reach out to some of her Chicago photographers to see if one was free and would be willing to travel last minute for us. I have no idea how she did it, but she found Adam Novak (http://www.adamnovak.com/) and worked out a great price in a matter of a few days.. The photos were beautiful - Lindsay & Adam were godsends!!! Can't say enough great things about these two gifted people, whom turned my vision of an epic Jamaican beach wedding into an event our friends and family are still gushing about.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Margaret · Married on 11/28/2015

Working with Simply Elegant, and specifically Elisa from Chicago was the most incredible experience. My Fiancé Paul and I were blown away by the level of efficiency, dedication, support, and care that Elisa put into every detail of our wedding day! My Father who dislikes weddings, and is never impressed by anything, couldn't believe how amazing the wedding went. Elisa made Paul and I look like stars. Our guests are still talking about how our wedding was the most beautiful, seamless and fun wedding they have ever attended. Our dreams came true to thanks to Simply Elegant and Elisa! Not to sound too corny, but it was magical. Each of my girlfriends said that they wished they had had an Elisa when planning their own weddings. They all said that if they had known you could get such a fantastic planner for such a reasonable price point, they would have. If you're worried if the help with be worth it. I can promise that it will be.

Sent on 01/14/2016

The Simply Elegant Group's reply:

Wow, Margaret, thank you for your kind words!! Words like these...and praise for our planners, like Elisa, are why we do what we do, seriously! Elisa LOVED working with you both! We truly love our jobs as planners...but it's the relationships we build during the process that truly make it all worth it! We are so HONORED to have been a part of your day and so HAPPY that Elisa was there to alleviate any stress and allow you both to focus on the friends & family that came to celebrate your love on that day! Thanks for choosing us, cheers to a lifetime of happiness, love & laughter!

Hiring Caitlin Wolff was one of the best decisions I made early on in my planning process. My wedding day was truly the most magical, beautiful day of my life and that in no way would have been possible without Caitlin's help. I feel so lucky to have found her and would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding- she is a sincere, capable, trustworthy and professional individual and she truly cares about her clients.
    I worked with her to plan my wedding of 140 people in about 3 months so I purchased more of a full service package as I was also planning from out of town and needed the extra help. I was so completely overwhelmed when I started out in the process and she helped me tackle each piece of the puzzle and made it come together flawlessly on the day of. She gave me "homework assignments" (I requested them) to keep me on task and make sure things got done... we worked really well together. Whenever I was home, we'd meet up, go to vendor meetings, work out details. When I was out of state, we'd stay in touch mostly via email- she was always super quick to respond back with answers to my questions, help calm my nerves, or with suggestions. I had a LOT of questions and planning a wedding is way more involved than I could have ever imagined.
    On the day of, my vision for the day was executed flawlessly! There are some things you can't plan for, though, which makes hiring a planner (or at the very least, a day-of coordinator) even more necessary. At one point o one of my guests got out of hand in the parking lot, but I never found out about anything until Caitlin told me way later that night because she took care of the situation before it escalated. She helped to make my day totally stress-free and enjoyable!
    I can’t go without mentioning the value, which in my opinion was exceptional!
    Caitlin, THANK YOU! It was such a pleasure to have you involved in my wedding. J and I will forever be grateful to you for making our day the best day of our lives!

Sent on 10/09/2015

The Simply Elegant Group's reply:

This makes us so happy to read! Caitlin is such a huge part of our Simply Elegant team and when our clients LOVE her as much as we do, well--we couldn't ask for anything more! We so appreciate the value that you saw in hiring Caitlin to help you plan & execute your wedding...especially when doing it within 3 months AND from out of town! It definitely helps to have someone with "feet on the ground" in the place you're getting married! All of us here at Simply Elegant wish you and your husband a lifetime of happiness! Cheers to you both!

Heidi · Married on 09/19/2015

Caitlin is by far one of the best wedding planners I have worked with in my 5 years in this industry. As a catering sales manager I always recommend that my clients have (at a minimum) a day of coordinator and she validated that for me at a recent wedding we worked together.

Everything from her organization in the planning to her calm presence day of was appreciated and I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 10/21/2015

I hired Simply Elegant for Day of Plus coordinator for my wedding. Ashley (the owner) was super responsive and professional and matched me to Nadia, one of their lead planners. Nadia was an absolute dream to work with. Leading up to our wedding she was incredibly responsive, helpful, full of ideas and always so positive! I would leave emails or conversations with her feeling less overwhelmed and truly at ease knowing she was on my side. I was planning a wedding in MN from CA, which was a huge task, not to mention, we basically created a wedding venue in my parent's backyard - and I cannot imagine pulling it off without her!

The days leading up to our wedding and the day of she was absolutely essential. She was behind the bar pouring drinks if needed, pouring wine at the tables as needed, and always checking in with me and my husband to make sure we were having a great time. Everyone in my family loved her and was so impressed by her positive "bull by the horns" attitude and it was just such a relief to have her there! I truly cannot say enough amazing things about her and am so so grateful that we were paired with such a warm, organized and top notch coordinator.

I would recommend Simply Elegant and Nadia in a heart beat! :)

Sent on 10/02/2015

The Simply Elegant Group's reply:

Smiling ear to ear!! Thank you so much for your kind words!! This wedding was GORGEOUS, the hard work that your family put into making their backyard into a beautiful summer dream wedding backdrop was INCREDIBLE! The weather couldn't have been better, the details pulled together seamlessly by your close group of friends/family...and the two of you that looked like a magazine-cover worthy bride & groom--WOW! What a fun event! Thanks so much for letting us be a part of it! The love between the two of you was incredible to see! Wishing you the best!

Lisa · Married on 08/29/2015

When I found out I had a two hour load in at my wedding venue I knew I needed to search for help in pulling everything off as I couldn't be two places as once. I interviewed three different wedding planners before meeting Ashely and after our first meeting I knew she was the one for me.
    Her passion for what she does, knowledge and willingness to help in anyway she could gave me the confidence in entrusting her with pulling off the BIG day!!
    Ashely was a great resource leading up to the wedding and answered every single email almost immediately. We had a few meetings before the wedding and once the day came I had no worries that Ashely would take care of everything and if any crisis or mishap occurred she would take care of it and I wouldn't be the wiser.
    She was absolutely amazing to work with and incredibly organized and pulled everything off while I got to enjoy my day.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Highly recommended! This group is very responsive, dependable, and wonderful to work with overall!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Emily · Married on 07/19/2015

The Best Thing to Happen to Our Wedding!

I cannot possibly put into words how grateful I am for my AMAZING wedding planner, Jenny, at the Simply Elegant Group! I frequently said throughout the wedding planning process that she was the best thing to happen to our wedding! Still true! From our very first meeting to our hug goodbye at the end of my wedding day, every moment was a blessing. She calmed my fears, eased my mind and handled my struggles. She was the definition of professionalism; always responding to my emails within hours, handling much of the vendor communication, and coordinating everything with grace on the wedding day. It doesn't hurt that she paid for herself in vendor discounts but having her be a part of our wedding was PRICELESS. My mom was a bit apprehensive at first about the need for a wedding planner but, in end the, she said it was invaluable to get to just be a MOM for the wedding! Countless wedding guests commented on how amazing Jenny was and what light she brought to the day! I cannot say enough good things! Please, please, please place your trust in Jenny and be prepared to have your wedding dreams turned into reality.

Sent on 08/03/2015

M · Married on 06/27/2015

We are busy professionals and had little local support from friends and family for planning, and relied extensively on SEBC/Jenny. She was TERRIFIC!!! So many people in the industry are incompetent. But Jenny was so responsive, nice, hard working, etc. And she must have put in twice the time we contracted for. Day of was perfect -- Jenny and her assistant handled everything (and it was a challenging venue). A+++++ . I am not the kind of person to pot reviews, but in this situation is well worth it.

Sent on 09/19/2015

The Simply Elegant Group's reply:

We so APPRECIATE you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a few kind words about Simply Elegant and Jenny! We are so thrilled to hear that she helped make your wedding day stress free & worry free! It definitely helps to have someone there that can take care of all the details, answer all the questions and make sure your day is as perfect as you imagined it! Wishing you the best!

Teresa · Married on 06/20/2015

Where do I begin?!?! Simply Elegant nailed it. And the compliments regarding our wedding are still rolling in. After our first meeting with Ashley, we confidently signed with them and a huge weight lifted off our shoulders. She in turn listened to our vision and expectations of our wedding planner and wedding day and matched us with our wedding planner, Nadia. This is where the fairytale, wedding planner-couple relationship began!

Nadia was our rock! In addition to the preferred vendors, my wife and I had several "special requests" that involved researching and coordinating details outside the box. Instead of scoffing at the extra work, she embraced the challenges and executed flawlessly.

My only regret with Simply Elegant was that we should have hired them sooner; immediately after getting engaged. Prior to working with Simply Elegant, we had signed a couple contracts with vendors outside the preferred list. And wasted so much time and energy "spinning our wheels" for hours on internet searches, effectively getting nowhere. Instead of looking at hundreds of vendors and trying to fish out the quality-budget friendly ones, they have wonderful relationships with amazing vendors. Simplifying the process, offering peace of mind and saving $$$.

Nadia. Nadia the Great. Nadia our zen master. Nadia the tie-breaker. Nadia the playmaker. Some details we were particular about and some aspects of wedding planning we 1. Had no clue existed and 2. Did not feel strongly about. I can only speak for myself but having someone to entrust these details to and make decisions, was a time and relationship saver.

Simply Elegant, Nadia, Ashley and Nicole (the extra wedding planner for the day of the wedding) allowed us to focus on us during our engagement. Kept things in perspective and pulled off one of the best weddings in 2015 (note I'm slightly bias). We were able to float through our wedding day clueless, blissful, hydrated, well-fed and in love. Thank you so much!

Sent on 06/29/2015

The Simply Elegant Group's reply:

This makes my heart melt!! We just adored working with you two and truly Nadia and I spend HOURS discussing how amazing your wedding was going to be- and she truly enjoyed EVERY MOMENT of working with you!! We were so incredibly honored to be a part of your perfect perfect day!!! Do it all again next year?!? XOXOXO -Ashley

Laura · Married on 06/20/2015

Where does one start when everything about working with Simply Elegant was perfect? From day one we could tell that Ashley and her team were the exact people we needed to help us plan our wedding. The level of professionalism, expertise, and guidance during each step of the wedding planning process made our big day one that we will never forget. Every detail of the day exceeded our expectation and we can say with great confidence it wouldn’t have been possible without their help. We highly recommend connecting Simply Elegant if you are considering a wedding planner. You won’t regret it. They have customizable level of services that fit any need, partnerships with vendors that will save you money, and all the team members made every interaction feel like it was the most important one of their career.

My husband jokes around that we should have been more stressed planning our wedding and the day of. Stress just didn’t exist and we walked away with only positive memories of our wedding.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Hend · Married on 06/13/2015

I met with several wedding planners before I chose SEB. Specifically, my wedding planner was Nadia, whom I LOVE!! I live in California and was planning my Minneapolis engagement party for December 2014 and Minneapolis Wedding in June 2015. SEB allowed their resources, networks and knowledge to be available for me during both events, even though technically Nadia was my wedding planner; she helped me plan certain aspects of my golf course engagement party, as well. She met with the venue coordinators after I chose my venues (for my engagement party and my wedding) and helped me make decisions that I would have otherwise had to fly into MN to make.
    I was able to send Nadia pictures of the looks/ideas I wanted and she gave me suggestions on how to make it more personalized for our wedding. Then she would contact her networks/vendors and get me prices and quotes so I never had to. I only visited MSP 1 time in Spring to meet with Nadia and look at/ pick out our centerpieces, table lenin décor, ect.
    Nadia was always available for any advice whether it was what I should be working on next, how to word invitations or helping me pick a package that best works for me with different vendors. She helped make an extremely overwhelming process very manageable. She kept me on track while I was long distance, in school and working. I really can’t say enough great things about her.
    The day of my wedding, Nadia ensured that everything was setup perfectly. She improvised when something went wrong and fixed it so that I never had to stress about anything. She ensured the vendors all worked together and kept the peace if there was any tension. She helped my day be as seamless as possible for my guests and me. I had a ton of comments from guests afterwards about how organized they felt our wedding was. From a Middle Eastern and Persian background, our guests feeling like things were organized was a huge compliment for us! Totally worth every penny! Made a huge difference!

Sent on 06/23/2015

The Simply Elegant Group's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Hend! The both of you were so wonderful to work with! And what an INCREDIBLE wedding this was! The zaffa (wedding march) was so much fun to see and be a part of! I had goosebumps as I watched you, your bridal party and all of your guests dancing to the music in the streets of St Paul--WOW! Definitely a wedding to remember! Hope you're both doing well--living happily ever after! Cheers!

Jessi · Married on 05/22/2015

Jenny was our day-of coordinator and she was phenomenal! We had our wedding at a venue that did not allow rehearsals onsite, and Jenny was instrumental in making sure the ceremony went off smoothly. I was hesitant to hire a wedding planner, as I felt confident doing the planning myself, but having Jenny and her awesome assistant, Caitlin, to answer questions and direct everyone involved that day was extremely helpful. I would highly recommend them! :)

Sent on 05/27/2015