The Simplifiers Reviews

20 | Austin, TX

20 Reviews for The Simplifiers

Mallory · Married on 06/15/2014

The Simplifiers are truly superheroes! I had them help with coordination for my wedding in June of 2014! I worked with Chelsea and Jordan and they were absolutely amazing! They helped SO much with the little details! On the day of, Chelsea was absolutely wonderful! Very calm and organized. If something went wrong on the day of, I didn't even know about it! It was such a relief to have their help so I could really enjoy my perfect day. My bridesmaids or mom didn't have to worry about a thing either so they were able to enjoy the day just as much as I did :)

I would recommend the simplifiers to everyone and anyone looking for event planning :)

Sent on 07/11/2014

I had the privilege of working with Chelsea and her amazing team. From the moment I had the first phone interview with Mary I knew these were the people I wanted to work with. Then when I met Chelsea, I knew the day would be perfect. I tend to be a control freak and worry about all the little details and what can go wrong. I don't think I've ever been so calm. I hired Chelsea and her team for month of planning. I was able to ask questions from day one and she was always very prompt in answering. I was very impressed with the organization and level of calmness from Chelsea and her team. The day of the wedding was the prefect day in my eyes. No, not everything went as planned like when the limo driver didn't show up, but Chelsea handled it so smoothly and we were able to create amazing memories and have photographs of what was a mistake, but turned out to be a fun solution. Every penny I spent was well worth it and I would highly suggest using The Simplifiers, and of course Chelsea, for your wedding. Truly an amazing team.

Sent on 08/07/2014

Jennifer · Married on 04/26/2014

Jordan Adams, was our superhero from the beginning to the end, and even after! We had some hiccups even after the wedding, and Jordan was there to step in for advice and refunds! I was very appreciative of her help even after the fact. We became friends through out the process and we're lucky to say that.
    My husband and I are pretty organized and opinionated people already and so we knew what we wanted going into the wedding. Jordan was receptive to our ideas and helped us execute them all, within budget. She was always quick to respond to any emails/phone calls. Jordan and I and my husband set up weekly phone meetings to make sure we remained on track that was helpful! We appreciated over communication about everything. Jordan knows how to handle what needs to be informed to us and what doesn't, that separation made the stress level low to non-existent through out 85-90% of our wedding planning.
    We had some hiccups on the day of the actual wedding and things get so busy and chaotic, time runs out, lots of family/friends, pictures, greetings and hugs, lots of scheduled events of where the bride and groom need to be- so it was such a blessing to have Jordan constantly checking up on us, bringing us water, and showing up to give me hugs!
    DEFINITELY, get a wedding planner. I don't care how organized you think you are or how DIY and self-sufficient/independent you might believe you are...you can still be all those things WITH a wedding planner! There's nothing more crazy (besides preparing for a baby) than the day of your wedding. It's the biggest party you and your husband will ever host, and it should be amazing! You really need a third party to just solely watch over the wedding and be your voice for all your wedding vendors. I was so relaxed leading up to and on the day of the wedding, and I was so thankful that I chose to have a wedding planner!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Danielle · Married on 01/18/2014

We love The Simplifiers! We retained the company for our January 2014 wedding because I was far too busy with work to dedicate enough time to planning my wedding. And I was referred to The Simplifiers by another event planner that I really respect. Immediately after my first meeting with Mary and Dani I knew I was actually going to be able to get this wedding planned. What a relief! The Simplifiers are extremely detail oriented- there was not one thing they did not think of. They kept me on schedule, recommended great vendors, negotiated with vendors when needed and provided great guidance throughout the process. And when it came to the big day they didn’t miss a beat. I did not have to worry about ANYTHING during the time leading up to the ceremony and the reception- they even assisted with the rehearsal dinner. Dani managed everything with a calm, positive attitude. It’s the best money we spent on our wedding because The Simplifiers truly allowed me to enjoy the fairy tale of a day that it was. And as a result, I have all those great memories locked in my head. A big thank you to Dani, Mary and their team! I look forward to working with you on other events.

Sent on 03/14/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 01/11/2014

My husband and I chose the Simplifiers full-service package for our wedding planning, and Jordan was our planner. Working with the Simplifiers was a phenomenal experience from start to finish and the results were even better! My Mom has even been receiving thank-you notes from our guests - my favorite “it like we walked through the wardrobe into Narnia.” What makes this even more amazing is that our venue was the Georgetown Community Center, which is basically just a beautiful limestone rectangle. We had to bring in EVERYTHING: lighting, draping, tables, linens, plates/glassware, bars, floral, catering, drinks and the DJ. It was an extensive list of vendors and people to coordinate, but everything ran seamlessly and thanks to Jordan it never felt stressful!

The full-service package was the best wedding purchase we made. The Simplifiers listened to our design style, our event priorities and recommended vendors based on our unique needs. We choose from several vendors per category and we were extremely happy with every selection we made. With Jordan at every vendor meeting taking notes and handling the follow up, we could just experience everything without having to worry about the details. The Simplifiers also did a great job keeping us on budget and having wonderfully creative solutions when the original idea was above budget. The creativity also helped when my husband and I were unsure of what we wanted – Jordan learned our styles very quickly and was always able to make great suggestions. They were also incredibly diplomatic in dealing with our very particular priest. The wedding day went off seamlessly, even my normally stressed Mom was able to just enjoy the day, and that is the best gift the Simplifiers could give me. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 05/30/2014

BOOK THE SIMPLIFIERS NOW. THEY REALLY ARE UNDERCOVER SUPERHEROES!

My husband and I booked The Simplifiers for day-of coordination for our October 19, 2013 wedding (3 days ago because they're THAT good I had to write something fast!). Before I begin, note that I am a self-proclaimed control freak. I knew I would plan my own wedding from an early age. I have very high expectations for myself and even higher ones for others. Hiring a coordinator was last on my list of things to do.

Having Jordan Adams of The Simplifiers by our side was hands down, the BEST decision my husband and I made for our wedding. Our ceremony was at Saint Mary Cathedral with the reception at the Palm Door. We required A LOT of details and decorations for this wedding so going into this I couldn't help but feel like I was a challenge for any coordinator.

However, Jordan and The Simplifiers team gracefully accepted the challenge and surpassed my demanding expectations. What I'd like to especially highlight is the demeanor and level of professionalism the staff consistently displayed from start to finish. Never once did Jordan or others wince at a request or hurdle. And when those hiccups came along, they remained poised and exceptionally overcame each task. Our photo booth was absurdly late--Jordan called him, kept me informed, and ensured guests participated despite the shift in timeline.

Jordan exudes a calming nature that every bride needs that day, no matter the circumstance. She fulfilled every promise and when other vendors failed to meet commitments, she tended to them. She did everything she could to ensure we were well taken care of even beyond the required time commitment (including packing our car for us). Email or phone call, I could depend on her to respond promptly--something so simple yet invaluable when planning a wedding 1500 miles away.

Owner Mary is leading an incredible team--well-trained with an awesome morale. Book The Simplifiers. You won't regret it.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/12/2013

If you are looking for a wedding/event planner... YOU HAVE FOUND IT! I can't give enough kudos to the RAD people at The Simplifiers! My wife and I were planning our wedding in Austin while living states away in the San Fran area and Dani Viveros and her team helped to make everything picture perfect. On our wedding day we didn't have a worry in the world that things would go smoothly (and they did)! This group of cool people know how to party and know all of the best vendors in town to take an event over the top. I can say now that the best thing we did in preparing for our wedding was to bring on board The Simplifiers team. I'm serious, look no further. Many thanks to Dani and to everyone at The Simplifiers.

Sent on 10/19/2013

Victoria · Married on 10/27/2012

I hired The Simplifiers for their "month of" coordination. I did most of the planning and they swooped in and saved me for all the last minute details. I thought I had everything figured out but of course there happened to be things I forgot and Dani Alvarado made sure that everything ran smooth and that every detail was covered. They made sure I paid all the vendors, contacted everyone to make sure they knew their roles, created a site plan and day-of timeline. EVERYTHING was taken care of. I even had requests to change things around on the site plan and Dani was amazing at being flexible. I also had a problem with my venue and I did not want to talk to them any more than I had to and Dani became my middle-woman. She took all the stress away from me. In the end, the wedding went great, everyone had a good time and I can't wait for someone else to get married so I can refer Dani to them.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Katie · Married on 10/20/2012

The Simplifiers made our wedding amazing and stress-free! My husband and I are both very busy with work and school, and Mary and her team took all of the stress of wedding planning off our hands. We highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Analise · Married on 09/09/2012

I gave the Simolifiers a perfect score because they were absolutely amazing! We had the month of and day of wedding coordination. Immediately after we got engaged we moved to Germany. The Simolifiers worked around our schedule and met with us before we left to get an idea of what we wanted as far as service. Dani, our coordinator gave me great guidance and even a To Do list every week in the last monthand we skyped weekly. I absolutely needed her help because there are so many details that are easy to forget and I had only seen the venue once!
    Dani and I collaborated and made a wedding day timeline which was followed PERFECTLY on our wedding day. I never was stressed are felt worried about the setup or flow of the wedding. Every step of the way I had full faith in Dani and her team. They were able to fill in the blanks on small wedding details that I left in their hands. I will always be thankful for their help.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Blythe · Married on 04/28/2012

I worked with Abbie Doyle of The Simplifiers as a "day of" coordinator for my Wedding and she was fantastic. Everything went along smoothly and professionally because of Abbie and the team. I couldn't have done it without them, from personally making sure everything was set-up beautifully to ensuring we stayed on time once the ceremony began, Abbie paid special attention to all of the details. I received a ton of complements from my guests and even the other vendors on what a great help The Simplifiers were!

I am so happy that I made the decision to use The Simplifiers and that I had the opportunity to work with Abbie. It was wonderful to feel relaxed, and at ease knowing that we had a great team working to make the day special!

Sent on 05/07/2012

Jacey · Married on 02/25/2012

Without the help of the Simplifiers, my mother and I would've killed each other on my wedding day!

Dani Alvarado and the team were like an army of organization, keeping me in check throughout the process the month of my wedding in February 2012. I work a crazy 60-hour/week corporate PR job and I needed to run the wedding planning like a business. From daily email status updates to vendor coordination (which was a huge help) and the occasional Skype call to talk me off a ledge, the Simplifiers removed all of my worry and took care of every detail. I wanted a non-traditional ceremony and a fabulous fiesta and that's exactly what I got!

The best part was that my husband and I truly had the most amazing time. I have heard from so many brides that the stress of planning distracted them from the single most important aspect of the whole thing - the celebration of your love. Luckily for me, I had the help of the Simplifiers to make my day absolutely awesome! HIGHLY recommended.

Sent on 06/05/2012

Emily · Married on 06/12/2011

Mary at The Simplifiers was absolutely fantastic! My husband and I both agree that hiring her to coordinate our wedding was easily the best decision we made during the entire process.

She came in as a "month-of" coordinator, after I had found my vendors, and gotten (almost) everything booked and contracted. She was on top of it, clearly knew the field inside and out, and her kindness, flexibility, and sense of humor abounded.

The day of the wedding, she brought other Simplifier staff with her, and they were each equally fabulous. Our wedding ran like clockwork; there were no emergencies, no major foul-ups, and she kept everybody calm and happy.

We couldn't have been more pleased with The Simplifiers. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/30/2011

Margaret · Married on 06/15/2014

Cant say enough about "The Simplifiers"! Chelsea Blanpied and her "entourage" performed above and beyond our expectations. The one-month before wedding package was just what we needed to ensure that our daughter's wedding day was fun and stress-free. Some of our guests even said it was the most fun and most relaxing wedding they had ever been too. Thanks Chelsea and The Simplifiers for helping us to make this day a memory we will all cherish for years to come!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Susan · Married on 03/30/2014

I cannot say enough about the quality of services my husband and I received from the Simplifiers. I chose the month-of services with some additional consult hours. I was planning my Austin wedding from Washington, DC with a fiancé who lived in New York at the time. Needless to say, we love a challenge, but Dani and the Simplifiers were up for it. With only 5 months to pull off our planning, Dani began by getting me organized and creating a personalized Trello board for me so I could see what tasks needed to be done by whom and when. We also set up monthly calls (really therapy sessions!) to keep me on track. No matter how stressed I was before I spoke to Dani, after we hung up the phone, I was calm, serene and ready to tackle my next project. At 30 days out, the Simplifiers took over all contact with vendors and the venue. When we arrived a few days before the wedding we met to discuss any questions or concerns. The Simpifiers were even happy to have our day-of stationary and favors shipped to their office. As for the day itself, it could not have been easier or more relaxed. Dani and her team took care of everything and kept us on track; we just had to smile and follow directions. This is a full service company. They are professional perfectionists, problem solvers and dream makers. Guests are still talking about how great our wedding was and we 100% have the Simplifiers to thank! If you are planning a wedding from a distance I cannot stress enough how much you should hire this team. They are amazing - worth every penny. And even if you are local, I can't imagine that the day would have been as stress free without Dani in my corner. Just hire them. And from the husband's perspective... "Being that both my wife and I were 1000 miles away the Simplifiers could not have made the planning and the event go any smoother. I believe they are largely responsible for making the day as fantastic and memorable as it was."

Sent on 05/27/2014

Christy · Married on 04/23/2011

My husband and I chose The Simplifiers to be our day-of coordinators for our big day after a family had previously used them for a rehearsal dinner. Mary and her team were very helpful in helping us plan the many last minute details. They saved us loads of time serving as our "middle man" to our other wedding vendors. We are so grateful our wedding day went so smoothly!

Sent on 06/03/2011

Georgian · Married on 01/18/2014

Jordan, our wedding planner was the best! We used The Simplifiers for their month-of service. We live in New Jersey, and planned our Austin wedding entirely over the phone and internet, so it was important for us to have someone local who could provide great references and who could work with all of our vendors.

We purchased a few extra hours of work to assist us with design planning of the event. Through use of a Pinterest board and Skype call, Mary was able to help us select our colors and design style. She also helped me formulate my discussion with the florist and the caterers. Additionally, Jordan did a site visit/walk through with our caterer and helped us decide on a site plan.

We had the perfect wedding and reception. The entire event went off without a hitch! My guests noted that they felt that Jordan and her team took great care of them. I never had a moment where I had to resolve any crisis or worry about anything other than who I was going to dance with next!

The end result is that we HIGHLY recommend The Simplifiers. The team really knows how to take care of the hosts and the guests at any event. They are very thorough and efficient. They were especially helpful for us to use since we planned our entire event from 2,000 miles away.

Oh, and one more thing... We were a non-traditional (lesbian) couple, and we never once felt uncomfortable with anyone at The Simplifiers or any of the vendors they recommended. Maybe that's a sign of our times, but it sure was refreshing to not have to explain or justify anything about ourselves. I feel like we were treated just like any traditional couple.

Sent on 03/26/2014

Joey · Married on 12/14/2013

We hired the Simplifiers to take care of things the month before our wedding. We worked with Jordan throughout the entire process and were extremely pleased with the result. Jordan promptly responded to calls and emails, coordinated all of our vendors, and pointed us to resources that proved to be very helpful. She made our wedding day move seamlessly. She ensured we didn't have a thing to worry about once we arrived at the venue. I'm not sure if the vendors encountered any problems during the event, but Jordan and the Simplifiers made it feel and appear flawless.

Sent on 04/23/2014

3.0

Money well spent, to have someone do all the coordination.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Emma · Married on 09/29/2012

3.5
      3.5

Hiring the Simplifiers to plan and coordinate my September wedding was one of the best choices I made. Having seen many friends lose their minds over the coordination of their weddings, once engaged hiring a planner was a no brainer.

First and foremost the event was executed perfectly; just what we wanted. Very smooth day, even with uncontrollable hiccups (rain, car not starting, etc...) Additionally, I never once had to call a vendor to coordinate anything, Mary and Simplifiers handled everything.

There were some bumps along the way. The major one was that the Simplifiers booked a room block at the wrong hotel. Since our guest were mostly from outside of Austin it was a priority to have our guest downtown, and not far from our venue. They did fix this mishap; however it required setting up a block at a hotel with an attrition rate, which added a level of stress to the event. We had to bug our family and friends to make reservations to ensure that we weren't going to be charge for not meeting the attrition.

Regardless of that hiccup; I would recommend the Simplifiers...especially if you want something 'nontraditional'. They were the only planner I spoke with that didn't ask about 'ballrooms' and roses....which was perfect for my husband and me.

Sent on 10/24/2012