The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort Reviews

The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort 5
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort 6
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort 7

Christine · Married on 07/26/2013

What can I say?? Our wedding day was wonderful! Simone is an absolute pleasure to work with... she's so accommodating and even offered suggestions to help make our wedding perfect. The grounds are beautiful, the staff is friendly, the rooms are clean. I can't say enough good things! We're already thinking ahead to our daughter's Sweet Sixteen!!

Sent on 08/08/2013

Jamie · Married on 07/19/2013

Simone Colon and Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort went above and beyond our expectations for our wedding day! Anything that we wanted at our wedding, Simone made possible! The service I got from the day I viewed the venue all the way until our actual wedding day and day after was absolutely superb!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Melissa · Married on 06/28/2013

This is a great place to have your wedding or event. Enjoy beautiful scenery on the Delaware River in the Poconos. It has everything you could need right there. Nice accommodations, along with Golf course. The staff here is great! Very friendly and attentive. I didn't have to worry about anything with their great wedding coordinator Simone. Anything I needed was taken care of. We received so many compliments on the staff and the beauty of the venue. The food was excellent and we couldn't have found a better value for everything we got with what they had to offer. It was a picture perfect day and Shawnee just helped enhance it. It completed the picture I had in my head. I find this place completely charming.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Having our wedding at Shawnee was a dream come true. Working with Simone throughout the whole process was excellent. She was so eager to please and guide us along the way. I knew I wanted to get married at Shawnee from the moment I visited there the first time. Everything fell into place and it ended up being such a beautiful wedding. The whole weekend was wonderful!

Sent on 11/27/2012

The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort's reply:

Thank you kindly ... made my day :-)

Michelle · Married on 09/02/2011

We are beyond thrilled that we chose this location to have our outdoor tent wedding. Their prices are phenomenal compared to other venues! Simone was fantastic and made my wedding day perfect especially helping with the coordination of colors and even finding us brown lanterns for inside of the tent. The food was awesome (they grow their own veggies and brew their own beer)! There were only 2 flaws for our big day... 1. they should really have a waitress with the appetizers during cocktail hour available for the bridal party and bride and groom. We missed out on all of the really cool apps that we had picked out because we were taking photos. 2. The hotel did not hand out the favor bags i had made for each guest staying at the resort. I went to great lengths to make sure everyone was accounted for, a lot of back and forth with the hotel, and they did not hand out our bags to everyone that was on the list... we were leftover with 25 bags filled with wine and favors from us... we had to hand them out randomly at the brunch the next day. Other than that the grounds were beautiful and the day was made perfect!

Sent on 06/07/2012
  • Krystle

Krystle · Married on 06/19/2011

My Husband and I love to go snowboarding so last year (Jan 2010) we decided to go some where different and we stayed at The Shawnee Inn. We fell in love with its charm instantly. We knew that our Wedding would have to be there. Working with Simone on the details and arrangements for our Wedding was amazing. She is such a wonderful person with amazing ideas and a love for her job. We had our wedding on a Sunday which was also Father's Day. We arrived early on Saturday, our rooms were ready as soon as we arrived. All of the staff couldn't be nicer with helping with our bags and all the boxes I brought for the wedding. Our wedding was so much fun, we couldn't have have asked for anything better, we heard the most wonderful comments from our family and friends about the food and service and the place it self. We even have about 3 couples that want to plan their wedding at The Shawnee Inn in the future. It was wonderful to have our Ceremony and Reception in one place it just made the day more perfect. I wouldn't have changed anything about our day!

Sent on 07/05/2011

Alexis · Married on 05/14/2011

We had an unforgettable wedding week at Shawnee Inn. It was fantastic! Simone, the wedding coordinator and sales manager was beyond amazing. She did everything with a smile and no matter how difficult the request was, she was able to make it happen. The setting at the Shawnee in was so beautiful, we had our ceremony in the pavilion followed by our reception in one of the halls in the first floor. Everything was gorgeous. Chef G was able to work with us on our menu and create fantastic options for Indians,Americans and Canadians. The front desk was tremendous with all of our groups crazy requests. Usmand was there every step of the way to make sure that everything went as planned. Hair/Makeup/Bar/Spa everything was amazing and truly made our experience never to be forgotten. Hands down I would say I could have never chosen a better location!

Sent on 06/16/2011

Rebecca · Married on 10/14/2010

My husband and I visited multiple sites in the Poconos and ended up choosing Shawnee first and foremost because of the professional and courteous staff. The added benefits were the beautiful ceremony site along the river (and we got married in the rain and it was still perfect), the flexibility of the staff to make our day truly unique to our personalities and preferences, the quality of the food, the beautiful inn (celebrating its 100 year anniversary) and the conveniece of having everything on site from the spa, hair salon and golf to all we needed for the wedding. It was truly perfection! I strongly, strongly recommend the Shawnee Inn!

Sent on 10/16/2010

Cady · Married on 05/22/2010

Simone Colon, the wedding coordinator at The Shawnee Inn will work with you every step of the way to get you the wedding package you can afford to make all of your dreams come true! She handles everything the day of, so you can relax and enjoy your day! I truly recommend the salon at Shawnee, the girls are wonderful and the prices are lower than I expected. We booked out the salon for the morning, had breakfast there and enjoyed getting done together! The hotel rooms are a little small, so I recommend upgrading to a suite (mine was tremendous!). Everyone at the resort was wonderful - they were all so happy for us! I have nothing bad to say about the Shawnee Inn & Golf Resort!

Sent on 06/09/2010

Peg · Married on 03/27/2010

I remember driving down the driveway of the Shawnee for our initial appointment and the feeling of "this is the place" overwhelming me. We had been to quite a few venues and I never got that feeling until we arrived at the Shawnee. Then we met Simone and the deal was sealed. She was so easygoing and attentive to our wants and gave detailed explanations of everything....I could go on and on but I would never be able to convey how great she is at her job! Throughout the entire process she was there for us, answering questions, reassuring us, and making the entire process what it should be- enjoyable and memorable and happy. She made me feel so special and she made sure everything went smoothly from beginning to end. You get more than a wedding reception when you book at the Shawnee, you get the experience of a lifetime! The Inn provided the perfect backdrop to a perfect day and my guests still talk about how perfect our wedding was - 4 years later!!!

Sent on 02/19/2014

Brein · Married on 02/07/2014

My dream wedding came true at this establishment!!! Simone was fantastic in all aspects. She helped coordinate the linens, the table layout, menu, any special requests and more. She also helped run us through the rehearsal and get everyone lined up fro the processional! The Shawnee Inn is an older resort but with that comes character and history. No two rooms are alike. The Waring room (where my reception was held) was perfect! There was a fireplace, dancefloor, and built in bar. The food was superb as well as the service. And this coming from a bride and groom whom both have worked in the catering industry. Everyone from the front desk to security were accomodating. And the winter package--what a deal! The beauty of a winter wedding in the poconos for half the price--what more could you ask for. And the package included my wedding cake (which was phenomenal), a champagne toast, a complimentary room for me and the groom and more. We couldn't be happier...it was the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 02/12/2014

Kristyn · Married on 08/05/2017

I had my wedding at Shawnee this August of 2017 and had a wonderful experience. Our ceremony took place over looking the river, cocktail hour was on the veranda porch, and our reception followed in the Worthington Ballroom. Simone, the wedding coordinator mentioned in most reviews, left this past spring. Tabitha is the new wedding coordinator and has filled her role and then some! My husband and I are a little non traditional, we were looking to have a morning brunch wedding and had very specific ideas for what we wanted. Tabitha and the team at Shawnee let us pick off the banquet menu and customize our entire menu. Even when we couldn't find the specific food item we wanted, we spoke to the chef he customized it for us and added it to our menu To say they are flexible is an understatement. If you are looking for a venue that will help you to accommodate your vision then the Shawnee is perfect for you. In regards to the grounds, the riverfront is breathtaking at any season and provides the most beautiful back drop, I had wedding guest say "after your wedding I'm totally set on getting married in the mountains". The Shawnee offers multiple rain options (The covered river sanctuary, the veranda porch, and the ballrooms). The veranda porch for cocktail hour offered the beautiful backdrop for outdoors but guests were able to step inside if they wanted some air conditioning/ a break. The Worthington ballroom is unique. It offers plenty of seating and as that old mountain charm. My only critique the Shawnee (and in many cases I actually view this as a pro) is that it is not an exclusive wedding venue. With that they don't have as many of the resources (a specific bridal suite, large mirrors) like other venues. Overall, I would use them again in a heartbeat and am so happy I had my wedding there

Sent on 08/29/2017

Brian · Married on 06/29/2015

Great service. Great venue. Picturesque site.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Jennie · Married on 07/09/2013

Simone was excellent & took care of everything.

Sent on 07/12/2013

Marcella · Married on 06/29/2013

Simone was wonderful to work with. Our day was so special thanks to Simone and the staff at the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort. Everything we went beautifully and we could not have been happier! Thank you!

Sent on 07/26/2013

Caitlin · Married on 06/29/2018

3.5

My wedding at Shawnee was 6/29/18 and it felt like a fairytale! We had an outdoor ceremony, my own horse brought me to the altar, and we had a bonfire and s'mores all night. It felt like summer camp for adults!! They really are flexible and gave us freedom to do what we wanted and you didn't feel babysat. The open bar was extremely generous and all staff were friendly and welcoming. The weather was gorgeous and we even swam in the Delaware the next day. The only thing is that rooms are expensive and some are in need of repair. I romped outdoors all night and only slept in my room for 3 hours so it did not bother me, just some of our guests. You take a risk for the weather, but if you get a great weather day, it is a storybook wedding with a view to die for.
    Our wedding coordinator (Tabitha) was very accommodating and worked with us to make sure we had all of the options we wanted for our wedding. Like the review stated before me, on the day of your event, you really do have to coordinate things yourself and also supply everything: cake knife, toasting flutes etc. At times, it felt a little hectic, but once the ceremony was complete, the whole night was stress-free. You'd really have to search far and wide for a more beautiful backdrop for a wedding and I'd say the price we paid was cheaper than other venues we looked into in the NJ/PA surrounding areas.

Sent on 07/06/2018
    The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort 8

Event Staff was wonderful, Simone was fantastic! Spa and salon did a great job with hair and make up

Sent on 09/13/2014

3.8
      3.0

The Shawnee Inn is a beautiful venue for a Poconos wedding. The staff is helpful and flexible. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. The grounds are kept up well, although some things are a little dated looking, it overall is beautiful.

The only negative aspect was that the wedding specialist did not seem to know what our plan was. She was late to the rehearsal and asked many questions during the rehearsal that should have been taken care of before, which caused confusion and frustration for the officiant trying to run the rehearsal. She also forgot to set up the reception room as promised which left the mother of the bride to find a maintenance person and ask to have the tables and chairs placed. It was a good thing our wedding party was very organized. However, Simone is very sweet and flexible. She recommended a great DJ and told us her opinions on various topics to make sure our guests would be happy.

Sent on 06/13/2014

The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort's reply:

Thank you so very much for your review. I wish this would have not come through as a “private user” so I could relive the evening and know exactly what you are referring to.
    The Inn is truly a magical place and offers the most beautiful ceremony sights and wedding receptions. This is one of the reasons why we host many wedding ceremonies
    overlooking the Delaware River, indoor and outdoor receptions.

I am sorry that I didn't meet your expectations. Having coordinated over 1000 weddings, I consider myself a seasoned professional, and I apologize for the missteps that seemed to have occurred.
    Most couples like to rehearse the night before the wedding. Bride and Groom are full of expectations, emotions and so are family members and friends.
    During this rehearsal changes are made, new questions arise and in an attempt to not make any excuses, it was not my intention to frustrate the officiant.

I am glad you enjoyed your DJ and your guests were happy. I hope you walked away from the Inn and felt the same way.

I wish you a wonderful life together …

All my very best,

Simone

Erica · Married on 10/21/2018

3.4
      3.0

Loved the food and service

We love the food at the venue and the price. We had a couple issues with the event planner forgetting major details such a times and where our ceremony would be
    .. Caused a bit of stress. Also I do not recommend staying overnight. But the catering staff, service, and food are the best for the money. Beautiful reception and thankful shawnee was there for us and our guests.

Sent on 01/16/2019
    The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort 9
    The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort 10
    The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort 11

3.4
      3.0

Wedding coordinator really worked with us price wise, but when it came to the wedding day they were alittle forceful and then disappeared during th reception. The waiters had no idea what they were doing and it was disorganized, but it was still a great wedding.

Sent on 07/01/2015
  • EatKnitRun

Jacquelyn · Married on 05/22/2016

2.5
      3.0

The good: flexible pricing, flexible menu, gorgeous natural setting, kitschy (if outdated) accommodations, very friendly and helpful Inn staff, brewery and brewpub on premises
    Everything else: When we were finally invited to a tasting a mere two months before our wedding, it was just ok. The banquet food did not compare to the fare at the Gem and Keystone, but it was too late to change anything. Communication before our wedding was only so-so. I always assumed that weddings that were happening before ours took precedence, and I was ok with that. However, when it was time to finalize our details I felt rushed. It was almost like we were forgotten about and then squeezed in. On our wedding day Simone disappeared right after our reception entrance. She did not give our timeline to the wait staff. After our 1st dance the maitre'd asked me when we were doing parent dances, serving dinner, toasts, etc. I asked them if they had a timeline, and they said no. Why did Simone ask me to make and share a timeline if she wasn't going to be at the wedding reception or share it with the staff who was? Because of this miscommunication, our bar was not open as we requested. We wanted it to close for 30 min during dinner and 30 min at the end of the reception. Simone assured us that this would work out fine, but they closed an hour before the reception ended when the party was in full swing. The wait staff also forgot all kid's meals and all 7 high chairs, despite me clearly labeling each table on the diagram Simone provided and asked me to use with highchairs and meals. I am not sure if she didn't share it with the wait staff, or if they just didn't use it. I would have hired a day-of-coordinator if I knew that Simone wouldn't be present for our full wedding day. Back when we booked I asked if we could or should hire a DOC. Simone told me that she performed that function, and I was not permitted hire an outside coordinator to work in their venue. I guess you get what you pay for?

Sent on 02/28/2017

Casey · Married on 05/26/2018

3.0

If you get married here it will be beautiful scenery, but you need to be prepared to do most things yourself. While the wedding coordinator (Tabitha) was helpful prior to the wedding day, she was not helpful during the wedding and all our friends and family had to step up to make the wedding setup look pretty. Most of the air conditioning units were broken in the guests rooms and when it was 87 degrees outside they were only given fans in their rooms without any compensation in room cost. The staff helping around the venue were not very pleasant. Many small things that were planned for and paid for ahead of time were not done as expected. For example, we paid for a campfire setup Friday night after our rehearsal dinner and they had no chairs for the 30+ guests there. We had to call and organize that. Friday for our rehearsal dinner we were supposed to have tables for 40+ guests in the Brewery and while it was planned for months, around 11:30 am on the day of the rehearsal Tabitha called and said golfers were changing their tee time and were going to be in the brewery at 7 and we either had to change our time to 5 pm (an unreasonable request the day of the rehearsal) or we had to have the setup outside instead. While the outside worked out okay we never should have been bumped from our planned rehearsal dinner location that we paid for. There were tons of small things throughout the weekend that were messed up on behalf of the venue. It is a beautiful location and there's a lot to do there which is why we picked it for our wedding weekend. However if you get married there be prepared to hire a wedding coordinator to set everything up appropriately because it was terrible per our friends and family until my friend took over at the last minute.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Marne · Married on 10/07/2011

2.4
      2.5
      1.5
      2.0

I'm actually kind of surprised to see the other ratings on here for this venue and how high they are. To be fair, our actual wedding day was wonderful. There were many people that work at the Inn that made our day special and we were happy in the end. But leading up to that day we doubted our decision many times and the days leading up to our wedding were very stressful because so many details were overlooked by the staff and our wedding coordinator. I don't consider myself a very organized person but I felt like I had to go above and beyond in my organization because frankly, the wedding coordinator never had it together. We had a lot of details that be brought in but we provided them all and they were never respected or organized by the staff. Frankly, on your wedding day shouldn't you be able to have what you want, not just the generic package they provide?
    We had a large amount of people stay the night before the wedding and almost everyone had problems checking in or out or with booking up to arrival. We had a lot of services that we had asked for (and put in our contract and paid for) before arrival and many of them were not honored. We were embarrassed over and over because our friends kept running into customer service difficulties.

We booked this venue 14 months before our date and experienced lack of communication for all 14 months. I would send an email with 4 questions and every time, only 1-2 of them would be answered. When important dates (like payment dates in our contract) would come and go, I would reach out and the response was always "oh sure you can send money" or something equally casual. I felt like I had to babysit every step of the way. This is the last thing I wanted to have to do from over an hour away where I live.

There are lots of details I can harp on but why bother? We were pleased with the food, the setting, the bar and the rooms/cabins that we rented. We found the general manager responsive and kind. Our wedding guests were none the wiser of our stresses. I only wish we came away with a happy review rather than feeling like we survived an ordeal unscathed.

Sent on 11/01/2011