The Sentimentalist Reviews

119 | Atlanta, GA

119 Reviews for The Sentimentalist

I don't even know where to begin with the amazing experience here. From walking into the front door to putting on my dress for the pick up it was seriously the best experience I've seen in a long time as far as customer service goes. Gabi is so sweet and knows her designers. She makes you feel like you are the only bride she's working with. The boutique is beautiful with so much charm and character. My dress was one of my top 3 favorite parts of our wedding day. I can't thank them enough for making me feel so special! xoxo

Sent on 06/02/2015

Going to The Sentimentalist was an absolute dream. I had a terrible experience dress shopping the day before and I'm was worried that I was doomed forever, but I am so glad I found The Sentimentalist! The staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful - they really get to know you and I couldn't have asked for a better place to find my dream dress. I had so much fun trying on all sorts of dresses and had the most difficult time narrowing down "the one" from EIGHT dresses... I would have taken them all if I could! They made every moment feel like magic and the dresses were exactly the style I had envisioned. I would most definitely recommend every bride to come to The Sentimentalist as it was the (second) best decision I made (obviously besides saying 'Yes!' to my husband)!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Sara · Married on 12/06/2014

What a joy! I stopped in while visiting friends in Atlanta and Gabi was simply a treat to work with! She has an incredible eye, grabbed a few beautiful dresses to try on, and helped me get over the fear of sparkles! ha Once I embraced my bridal glam I fell in love with my Leanne Marshall dress! The Sentimentalist worked with me and mailed my dress out here to California and it arrived perfectly. I'm so thankful for the Sentimentalists sweet contribution to my wedding!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Lindsey · Married on 10/11/2014

Gabi, Krista, and Rhiannon are absolutely the BEST. They have curated a GORGEOUS shop that stocks dresses that are not only incredibly pretty but also unique. They have a special gift for making every bride feel like a friend, you'll wish you could go back every weekend just to hang out with them.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Ashley · Married on 10/04/2014

I love the ladies at the sentimentalist. They helped me find my dream dress!!!

Sent on 03/25/2014

Haley · Married on 04/14/2018

I am not the type to immediately fall head over heels for a dress and know it's "the one." I went to about 4 or 5 dress shops and definitely felt the most "at ease" at The Sentimentalist. They were totally fine with me needing to take my time and come back for a second time. I love that they are sweet and helpful, but still relaxed. Their dresses are unique, and they describe their style well on their website. I highly recommend them!! Here's a photo of me in my Carol Hannah wedding separates: http://abbywaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/AF2I2538-683x1024.jpg

Sent on 05/07/2018

Lauren · Married on 10/15/2016

I had the best experience at The Sentimentalist! I didn't have a specific style of dress in mind, but knew I wanted something a little different. After trying 4 other bridal shops, I finally stumbled across The Sentimentalist. Their selection is outstanding, they do not put a lot of pressure on you to buy the gown, they have fun with you and help highlight pros/cons, and they work within or close-to your price-point. Can't wait for my dress to come in!

Sent on 05/09/2016

I had a great experience with The Sentimentalist. The store emphasizes romantic dresses but if that isn't your thing (and it's certainly not mine) they have a a strong collection that is less advertised of non-romantic dresses. Bonus, no dress is over 5k in the store so you won't get your heart set on something outside of your budget!

The store maintains close relationships with their designers so customization requests are possible with a little planning! They helped me get a custom color for my dress and had the order all settled within 24 hours. They are super responsive, easy to work with, and very helpful.

Pros:
    - Great dress selection. Check out their Instagram and the list of designers to get a feel for who they carry in store.
    - Very organized and clearly knowledgeable about the various designers they carry.
    - Super responsive to customizations, followed up with me quickly, and got my order wrapped up fast.
    - Expedient during the appointment! Lots of dresses were viewed and modeled.
    - Super cute accessories available as well as dresses.
    - Friendly, exuberant staff who are clearly passionate about their jobs.
    - Parking! So nice in the city.
    - Very honest about what they carry, what they don't, and that they outsource things like alterations which I appreciated.

Cons:
    - Small store so your friends can't come shop with you. I was there with one friend and it seemed like the staff didn't want us helping each other so we didn't push it. Wish there was less emphasis on the full-tilt bridal experience so I could have had my friend in the back with me. Even if we were limited to one person.
    - The setup is hard for someone who doesn't want to be the center of attention. I imagine there are a number of people who ask for the princess experience and I wish they could adapt their style to people who are uncomfortable with that.

Sent on 12/05/2015

I live in Chicago, and I was having a hard time finding a dress that I liked. While I was visiting my cousin in Atlanta, we stopped by the Sentimentalist, and I fell in love.

The store itself is adorable with a bit of old charm brightened up by white paper decorations and just enough sunshine. There was a rack of dresses along the back wall that they let me look through, and they also suggested a few styles.

The girls that work there were very genuine and gave plenty of suggestions. They were leaving on a flight to a NYC for a show right after the appointment, but they never rushed me. It was very refreshing to work with them after working with other stores that would gush over a dress that looked awful just to make the sale.

Most importantly, their dresses are absolutely beautiful and unique. I wanted something very soft and feminine that was more subdued than all the gowns with over the top beading, frills, and poof. I also did not want something so plain that it didn't feel special. They had exactly what I was looking for, and it was a hard decision because I loved so many of them.

I don't live in Atlanta so they had to ship the dress to me. The packaging was beautiful and they included a thoughtful card. It was raining the day the dress arrived, but they packaged it so well that it didn't matter.

I had a great time working with The Sentimentalist and highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/08/2014

Christina · Married on 04/14/2018

I can't recommend The Sentimentalist enough to the easy-going, bohemian, and unique bride. They quality of service I received was outstanding. The designers they carry fit almost any budget, which is a huge plus. The store itself is magnificent from layout to aesthetics. The fact that I had my own space, accommodating just my group, meant so much. Make the appointment, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 04/26/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/01/2017

From the start, I was not excited about looking for a wedding dress. I knew I wanted to try them on in person but the usual shops seemed horrifying to me. I started looking online for designers I liked to help guide me to the right stores, when I found The Sentimentalist (via Sarah Seven) I finally got excited about trying on wedding dresses!

I tried a couple other stores just to compare designers/selection, I went back to Sentimentalist with confidence that not only did they have the best quality dresses/designers (for the price range I needed), but also the best environment and customer service. At the others, I felt like I was just in a changing room with other brides to be, not so at The Sentimentalist. The shop is intimate and cozy and they made me feel excited and confident, and especially not pressured, about such a big decision.

Sent on 09/11/2016
  • Kelsey_Ann

Kelsey Ann · Married on 10/08/2016

The Sentimentalist is the only store in the southeast carrying all of my favorite designers that I wanted to try on so I HAD to book an appointment when my mom was in town. They were so sweet and welcomed us in, giving us our own private room. I was able to go with the consultant in the back room with the dresses to pull a bunch to try on. I do wish that my 3 guests could have participated in that experience but it was also nice to not have to try on things just for them, too! I tried on a bunch of wonderful dresses and finally found the one! I didn't make the deposit that day and because I was to be spending a bit more money than I had wanted, I knew I had to think about it and pretend to be responsible about my budget... Also, I knew I wanted to make some minor changes to the dress and the girls assured me it would look good and picked out the lace to add. It also turned out that the next weekend, the designer was in town. They fit me in on an hours notice and let me try on the dress for the designer to calm my nerves about the changes! It was so nice to work with Gabi and her team, I would recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 12/08/2015
  • Lilly

Lilly · Married on 07/25/2015

Get your dress from here! Oh my goodness I fell in love with the store the moment I walked in. I had been searching for dresses all over Atlanta and wasn't in love with any of them. I found dresses that looked great but they weren't me. I was kinda bummed out honestly. On the way to another dress appointment, I decided to stop by this shop with my mom just to check it out (we were too early for our other app.). The ladies who work there are so kind and well informed. We didn't have an appointment but they made time for me anyways. We told them our price range and she found dress after dress that was just perfect. After a while, I kept trying on the same dress repeatedly and went with that one! It was at the top of our price range but it was just too gorgeous to look anywhere else. At the wedding, everyone told me how beautiful and unique of a dress it was. And how it looked like me. I can't tell you how happy I was with this shop and the ladies who helped me me! I went back to the store to get a belt for my dress and a veil. Everything they sell is stunning. My dress was hand made in New York by Leanne Marshall. I really enjoyed supporting a small business owner/designer as well as the small shop that helped me find the perfect dress.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Megan · Married on 05/02/2015

The Sentimentalist is definitely where you should go for something different! These dresses are not the standard poofy wedding dresses that look like cinderella. These are very whimsical fun dresses that would look great on anyone! They are mostly very light weight dresses with beautiful detailing! I had asked for help altering the top of my dress and the Sentimentalist did not really want me changing the top of the dress to what I wanted. They strongly advised against that decision convincing me that it would look better the way it was originally designed. I still regret not altering it to this day so my advice would be to do whatever you want to your dress for your special day!

Sent on 06/03/2015

I LOVE this place. I wish I could keep going back to shop, unfortunately the dress was one-time thing. The service was amazing. After going to dozens of traditional bridal stores and being exhausted from trying on all the "not-me-at-all" dresses, I went to The Sentimentalist. I told them what I DIDN'T want - poofy, fluffy, lacey, girly, ruffly, sparkly... after letting me vent, they reassured me that they don't have much of the poof. In fact, their collection is very curated (just taking up one long wall), and vintage in feel. They help up one dress they thought I might like... and that was IT. Unreal how they were able to find something for me so quickly after months of shopping. And I am picky. I highly recommend this place. Even if you don't find your dress here, come for the laid-back, home-feel experience. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 04/04/2015
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Anderson · Married on 07/19/2019

Rhiannon is great!

I have to call out The Sentimentalist for a wonderful wedding dress shopping experience. I found the perfect nontraditional dress, and I feel amazing about my body and my wedding even several days after my appointment. They made it so easy and fun! And the showroom is absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you Rhiannon!

Sent on 01/09/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Hiya Lindsey and thank you so much for the review! We absolutely loved working with you and cannot wait to see your rockin' wedding look all together ;) If there is ever anything we can do to help you out or support you during this time, please do not hesitate to let us know ;) We are here to give you the BEST experience so let us know what we can do to improve and visit soon!

Rachel · Married on 09/23/2017

I loved the Sentimentalist and especially appreciated the intimate feel - I went to a couple other shops and felt overwhelmed by all the other brides and their parties, and came away with a much more hectic, stressful impression. At the Sentimentalist, the fact that they limit appointments, provide nice seating for everyone, and don't rush or push the brides to make a purchase - all that really made me feel much more relaxed and happy and less stressed about the decision. I think it was a huge factor in my choosing a dress from their shop! Also my stylist Rachel was amazing and the perfect combination of laid back and knowledgeable - she did such a great job.

Sent on 01/09/2017

4.2

Love the ladies at The Sentimentalist! They helped me find the perfect gown for my December wedding. Their service is so personable and way more hands on compared to other bridal shops I visited. I recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Kimberly · Married on 05/06/2017

2.0
      0.5
      0.5
      3.0

I was extremely excited when I picked out my wedding dress back in December for my upcoming wedding. However when I received the dress it was much too large, needing it to be altered quite drastically. This was not an issue, as it shouldn't be too hard to fix. However, when I took my dress in to be altered, I was informed that the dress was either a knock off or a terribly constructed dress. The designer has sown the bust into the fabric, making it impossible to alter without ripping it apart and re-sowing the fabric back together. I was utterly heartbroken. Luckily my seamstress was able to make it look decent, but not what I should be getting when I paid $3,000 +.

Sent on 06/15/2017

The Sentimentalist's reply:

We were saddened to read this review as the bride never reached out to us to let us know of her dissatisfaction. We reviewed all of her paperwork, specifically reading the notes made at her pickup here in the store. Yes the dress was large on her, as are most all dresses when a bride picks it up and tries on for the first time. Our brides are always informed that alterations are always expected in order to have the best fit possible on her most special day. The sewn in bustier was perfectly fitted to her specific size and measurement. At the in-store pickup the bride indicated that she was pleased with the dress and realized that alterations would be needed. We always recommend that our brides use a reputable alterations service that is accustomed to bridal gowns and handmade gowns specifically. I believe the seamstress must have only been familiar with machine stitched gowns, not made by hand dresses. We pride ourselves in all our North American designers, therefore the suggestion that we sold her a knock off gown is extremely upsetting and could not be farther from our company's values. If we had known that the bride was unhappy after the pickup we would have addressed the issue with her and would have come to a satisfactory outcome for her. We were not given the opportunity to do so.