The Sentimentalist Reviews

119 | Atlanta, GA

119 Reviews for The Sentimentalist

Nelie · Married on 09/10/2016

I knew that I wanted a more classic and vintage look for my wedding and the Sentimentalist delivered! So many of my guests told me that my Elizabeth Dye dress was simply the most beautiful wedding dress they had ever seen. I love the dress so much that I am considering dyeing it so I can wear it as an evening gown.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Megan · Married on 08/27/2016

Nothing but positive things to say about this wonderful little shop! I was looking for a dress that was romantic, with a vintage vibe, and The Sentimentalist was the perfect spot. The store itself is absolutely precious and the women inside are nothing short of lovely. I'm generally very indecisive and was worried that finding a dress would be a cumbersome process, but in no more than 5 dresses, I found the one. Thank you to everyone at The Sentimentalist for making my dress shopping experience so wonderful!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Rachel · Married on 08/06/2016

I can't say enough great things about this shop. I had done a good bit of research prior to scheduling an appointment to find my wedding dress, as I was determined to only visit one shop and find the perfect dress.

All my research led me the Sentimentalist - gorgeous, handmade dresses from a great selection of designers in what appeared to be a quaint shop with a vintage vibe. The experience certainly lived up to my expectations, and more!

Once my group and I arrived, we were taken care of from the start. Cailtin made the experience effortless, really honing in on my style and vision and by the time I tried on the third dress, it was clear it was the one.

I placed the order and opted to have one of the small pieces of the dress removed as the gown was to be handmade by the designer in the coming months. I changed my mind about a month later and decided I'd like to keep the dress as sampled with the piece in tact, and owner, Gabi, was able to work with the designer to make the change to my order.

All you newly engaged ladies - you cannot go wrong with a visit to the Sentimentalist to find "the" dress. Exceptional service and a wide variety of truly beautiful gowns, all in the loveliest space.

Sent on 12/13/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/25/2016

In all seriousness, these ladies got it going on.

My Maid of Honor, Michelle, discovered this beautiful boutique when she was preparing for my visit from Michigan. Michelle was sweet enough to research locations in Atlanta to potentially find something while I was visiting for a weekend, and the ladies at The Sentimentalist fit us into their schedule for a Saturday appointment without any hesitation! To our pleasant surprise, these ladies were more than willing to work with a bride who was visiting from and getting married in Michigan. For another little twist, they were also more than willing to work with a bride who already purchased a bridal skirt. I was on the hunt for the perfect top to pair with my skirt, and they knew that they had some gorgeous options for me to try. When we arrived, we had the pleasure of working directly with Rhiannon, and she was outstanding! She took a look at my skirt, she consulted with me about my ideal style and fit, and within minutes we were in the dressing room with three beautiful pieces. I can't tell you just how much I appreciated the way Rhiannon could sense what I was most confident and comfortable in. And she somehow channeled my personality without even knowing me, and I purchased a top that was more perfect than anything that I was envisioning myself wearing on my wedding day. Thank you, Rhiannon! I feel wholeheartedly fortunate :o)

I believe that Gabi Lee has herself a marvelous little gem of a bridal boutique in the shiny city of Atlanta! Any bride who is looking for something special, something eclectic, something unlike anything that most brides choose to wear, I hope they find themselves at The Sentimentalist. These ladies work out of a warm and charming house that is tastefully filled with a well-selected collection of bridal pieces that are all handmade by independent designers from all over the United States. Dreamy!

Again, these ladies got it going ON. I applaud you, Gabi Lee!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Charlotte · Married on 06/08/2016

I have never had an absolute idea of my dream wedding, but I did have a very good idea what my dress should look like. I found the Sentamentalist through Google (vintage wedding dresses in Atlanta) and spoke to Gabi who knew exactly what I was looking for.

My Mum was here from the UK and we went shopping after being disappointed by some previous experiences (very expensive). Gabi was fantastic, she picked out all the dresses I loved and I tried them on and I really disliked them all once they were on (people told me this and I didn't believe them), so she suggested a couple I wouldn't have dreamed of trying on.

The first suggested dress I fell head over heels in love with, it was completely left field for me, but she understood the feel of the wedding and got it absolutely right.

Since then we've had a change to the wedding and I've been dealing with personal issues that delayed me going back in for a fitting. Both Gabi and Rhiannon have both helped me at every step of the way to ensure I didn't lose the dress and that it would be here on time.

I can't recommend them more, it's been a wonderful experience and the dress is incredible.

Sent on 01/04/2016
  • Marla

Marla · Married on 06/04/2016

I am so happy my photographers recommended The Sentimentalist to me! It is such a beautiful bridal shop, and the people that work here are amazing! They are so good at what they do, are patient and are not pushy at all! They take their time helping you find the perfect dress and accessories. All of their dresses are gorgeous so I had a difficult time making a decision on my first visit. I came back for a second appointment when they were having a Rebecca Schoneveld trunk show and ended up having a custom wedding dress made for me! Talk about an incredible experience and opportunity! I loved my wedding dress so much and could not be happier with my decision to get it from The Sentimentalist!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Like the other reviews said before I even entered this charming little house, GET YOUR DRESS FROM HERE! Earlier in the day, I was shopping around at other dress shops but to no avail. But, right when I walked into The Sentamentalist, I immediately fell in love with the place and knew I came to the right place to find my dream dress. And, did I ever!! They have a beautiful selection of sheath and A-line dresses, very vintage look and feel and absolutely stunning designs. The assistant helping me selected some dresses I was looking for but some I did not think would go with my style. (Word of advice: Try on everything!!!) They were all so beautiful it was hard to narrow down. I was actually stuck between four dress that were breathtaking after trying on what felt like 20 dresses. I finally ended up going with the dress I never thought I would have liked, but I absolutely love it. I am so thankful for this little boutique in Atlanta!

Word to the wise: This is a boutique with designer dresses so they are pretty pricey. If you are willing to spend some $$ for a handmade one of kind dress, this is the place for you! Make sure to check out their collection online.

The staff is very helpful, responsive, and professional. I actually made my appointment two days in advance and they were able to fit me right in.

I had the best experience and I highly recommend The Sentamentalist!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Christine · Married on 05/28/2016

The Sentimentalist was the dreamiest wedding dress shopping destination. I had my mother, sister and two friends with me and we had the loveliest afternoon there. Caitlin and I discussed my vision for my dress and we went to pull from the most beautiful racks of dresses I've ever laid eyes on.

After trying on several dresses, I was so torn between different parts of Leanne Marshall dresses that I loved. Caitlin worked to pin the tops and bottoms of the ones I loved together so I could see what my custom dress would look like. She was so patient even though i was taking forever to make my decision.

My dress was perfect for me and it made me so happy all the moments I thought about it leading up to my wedding day! I couldn't have asked for a better experience wedding dress shopping and so happy it was great 'cause you only get to pick out your wedding dress once!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Meghan · Married on 05/07/2016

They were amazing! I went to two other places and didn't really enjoy the whole experience. However, going to the Sentimentalist was actually fun! All of the dresses were within my budget and seemed to fit amazingly. They also did a good job of figuring out what I wanted to make it efficient without feeling rushed. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Stephanie · Married on 04/30/2016

This vintage boutique is beyond amazing! Not only are their dresses gorgeous, the service is impeccable. Gabby and her mother provide a wonderful atmosphere and are incredibly helpful!! My experience with them was nothing short of amazing. I highly recommend them if you're looking for a vintage dress and a more personable experience while looking for the perfect dress!!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Danielle · Married on 04/24/2016

Please take time to visit here if youre looking for gorgeous unique gowns! They have all kinds of styles and the atmosphere of the place really makes you feel special! Its a beautiful shop with a lovely staff who really know what theyre doing. I went in there thinking I wanted one style and they picked another along with all my choices, and low and behold that was the dress! They really make you feel comfortable and truly want what you envision. I truly appreciate all of their help and would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 02/04/2016

Ashley · Married on 04/02/2016

I couldn't of been more excited to visit the girls at The Sentimentalist in Atlanta. They carried the dresses that really spoke to me. It was the first shop we went to that weekend out of four. I ended up comparing every dress I tried on that weekend to the dresses at The Sentimentalist. We ended up going back and picking my dress that Saturday, and I couldn't be more happy with my choice. Not only did the girls quickly understand what I was looking for, but they really know what will and will not work. Not every dress works for every girl. I ended up picking a dress that they suggested and I am so happy I did. Out of all the shops we went to that weekend this shop really did have the unique, romantic and modern feel I was looking for. Every other place just seemed stuck in the past.

Sent on 08/05/2015

Emily · Married on 03/19/2016

I haven't always dreamed of dress shopping, but if I did, this would be the dream! Rhiannon and Gabi made dressing up so much fun. Their selection is unique and fit my personality to a T. This was the first shop that I visited, and they were so accommodating and their customer service was perfection. I'm confident that I went over my appointment time, but they were so patient and even let me come back at the end of the day to put back on the dress that I ultimately ended up purchasing. Thank you, thank you, I would recommend your sweet vintage inspired store to anyone!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Katherine · Married on 03/12/2016

I cannot say enough about how amazing my experience with The Sentimentalist was. I worked specifically with Rhiannon and Gabi, and they were both amazing. Rhiannon had a feel for my style immediately, and was able to help me envision exactly what I wanted in each dress. The designer whose dresses I fell in love with was having a trunk show while I was there, so I was able to meet her and she styled all of my accessories as well. I felt so incredibly beautiful and excited to walk down the aisle. My dress needed a few changes from the designer, and they were extremely accommodating of what I wanted. I have already recommended several people here to shop for their gowns. I couldn't have asked for a better experience for myself and my friends and family who were shopping with me!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Wow, I can't say enough great things about The Sentimentalist. I visited them from Charlotte, NC knowing that they had a collection of designers I loved and great price points (I don't think there's anything in the boutique over $4k, which is impressive for such a wow-factor collection). I found at least 5 dresses that would have worked beautifully, but my awesome consultant Rhiannon helped me create a one-of-a-kind combination that even exceeded the vision I had going into shopping. Adorable historical house, wonderful customer service, and a very high level of expertise. Love them!

Sent on 07/17/2015

I had searched a few stores for my dress but found my home at Sentimentalist! Gabi and the team were so amazing and made me feel so awesome in every dress I tried on. Not to mention their store is super cute, intimate and the dresses are stunning! If you are searching for a vintage-y look from some fabulous designers, definitely go to the Sentimentalist!

Sent on 11/06/2015

Hillary · Married on 10/17/2015

I went to a few chain bridal stores and didn't find a single dress that I liked. I had the exact opposite problem at The Sentimentalist... I loved every single dress that I tried on. This is a cute vintage inspired and family owned store with some super hip consultants. I trusted those girls with my life (ok, maybe just my wedding day look but still) and they were honest about everything I tried on. I found the most perfect dress along with beautiful accessories, all thanks to Gabi and the gals.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Missy · Married on 10/03/2015

I live in Houston but my hometown is Atlanta, Georgia. I wanted to include my Mom and family in my dress search, so it was very important to find a boutique in Atlanta. I would say I was a non-traditional bride and didn't want a lot of jewels or bling. I wanted a vintage but elegant dress. I started my search by finding designers I like and that is how I found The Sentimentalist. Gaby Lee, Rihannon and Gaby Lee's mom are the perfect team. I went in with my budget and they had a large selection of dresses. They were even able to accommodate my ridiculously large search team. I don't believe they encourage more the 4-5 but they were very nice about it. I did go in with a dress in mind by Leanne Marshall and it fit like a dream. They request half of the deposit up front and they are very responsive about when your dress will arrive. They also recommended accessories that went perfectly with my dress. I highly recommend The Sentimentalist for all of your bridal needs. They also come stacked with vendor recommendations too!

Sent on 11/05/2015

LOVED IT! The ladies at the Sentimentalist have created such a unique culture and as soon as you are through the door they welcome you into it. The ladies are so welcoming, caring and professional. They are knowledgeable about all the designers they carry and willing to work with you on pricing.

I went with my mom and sisters and they shows sincere interest in my day and what was going to take place. Even after my wedding they wanted to see pictures and celebrate with me.

I would highly recommend The Sentimentalist to anyone. The boutique is stunning and very welcoming and private. You don't feel like 5 other brides and their families are watching you. I enjoyed it so much I would love to go and just hang out with them.

You ladies rock!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Ansley · Married on 08/07/2015

After visiting many dress stores and being disappointed that all had the same dresses I kept seeing, I finally walked into The Sentimentalist and found my dress. The store is beautiful, all the dresses are unique and gorgeous, and the people are wonderful. I didn't once feel like I was being pushed or pressured to buy. Gaby heard what I was looking for and found just that.

Sent on 01/07/2016

Oh my gosh! Where do I start? From the moment I walked in I felt right at home. The staff is incredible and super knowledgeable not pushy!

There dresses are so fabulous and truly unique. I had to narrow it down to 6 and finally found "the one". Out of all the places I have been to they had my favorite dresses by far. It is super quaint. I was in there by myself with my family and MOH.

They also serve mimosas! Gotta go to this little vintage gem in Atlanta!!!!!!

Sent on 09/03/2014

allison · Married on 06/07/2015

I found my dress at the Sentimentalist and the experience was perfect ! I was visiting my mother in Atlanta and made a last minute appointment - Gabi was able to fit me in even though they were booked for the day. The setting is lovely; I had a nice dressing room and then a separate room with a large mirror and plenty of natural light where my mother and I could view the gowns. I knew that the first gown I tried on was the one, but Gabi was so helpful and generous with her time, insisting that I try on just a few more of the beautiful samples to make sure I was confident. All of the dress designers they carry are beautiful, with varied styles, and the price range is affordable, too. She also helped me choose a custom veil to go with my gown.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Jamie · Married on 05/24/2015

The Sentimentalist was the first placed I looked for a dress, and the first dress I tried on was "the one"! This shop is a quaint old house placed right in West Atlanta. When my party and I walked in, we got so excited to see the beautiful gowns and antiques. Rhiannon talked me through "my style" and helped me pick out a good number of dresses. They were all beautiful and so unique, I was in love right away. When I came out in my first dress, we all knew it was perfect, but Rhiannon was still patient with me as I tried on the rest :) It was such a relaxing and fun experience, and my dress was absolutely stunning. While the dress was dainty and flowy, it had enough support and coverage as well. I LOVED my dress, and I'm so thankful I found something so unique at The Sentimentalist!!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Finding "The Dress" gave me a lot of anxiety. I tried on over 15 dresses at the first place I went and couldn't have felt more uncomfortable or discouraged. Then I went to the Sentimentalist. Gabi was so easy to work with! She listened to what I wanted and immediately pulled 3 dresses. I loved them all, but there was a clear winner. Her dresses are unique, but also timeless. She has amazing taste and her shop is so lovely and inviting. She made the otherwise overwhelming dress shopping process such a pleasure. I just wish I had another reason to go back!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Geneva · Married on 05/13/2015

Living out West, I was a little intimidated to select a dress shop to visit without being able to visit it in advance just to look around. As I scoured the listings in Atlanta, I found a few places that looked nice, but only one that I was truly excited to visit - The Sentimentalist. Name alone could have caught me, but to top that off, paging through their Instagram and Facebook feeds, I knew that they had a style I'd love.

And I couldn't have been more right! We visited two shops in the 24 hours before we went to The Sentimentalist and while those visits were nice, there was nothing amazing to be found.

When we arrived at the Sentimentalist, I got out my book of ideas and Rhiannon (who helped us) paged through the images and then took us into the next room to select some possibilities. She took my ideas and went to a very different place with them than the previous stores we'd visited. Initially I was slightly out of my comfort zone with the selections (separate tops and bottoms rather than a one piece dress? peach colored skirt?), but after a few minutes of playing with combinations, I realized that not only were we creating completely unique ideas, but that the results were beautiful.

We went with one of those combinations and I was thrilled to wear it at the different wedding events we had. It was a perfect match for me - both personality and style, and it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't had a little help to get me outside my pre-supposed comfort zone!

I'd absolutely recommend going here and finding something truly unique and beautiful.

Sent on 06/01/2015