The Sentimentalist Reviews

119 | Atlanta, GA

119 Reviews for The Sentimentalist

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

This was a wonderful experience! Sentimentalist was recommended by a friend – I had reached out to her because I loved what she wore, it was so beautiful and unique. Everything I tried on was amazing. The samples were nice quality, the staff were helpful, true experts in handling the changing process, reading the emotions of the room and the crowd, and never giving the feeling of pressuring at any time. It was SO fun. Love love love!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Mary · Married on 09/03/2017

I loved being a Sentamentalist bride! I made an appointment at this bridal shop last July after during a girls weekend in Atlanta with my mom and sister. I loved the look of the shop and how kind and attentive everyone was, you definitely felt special unlike some of the department store bridal shops. The consultant was very easy to work with and helped me try on a variety of different options. I ended up leaving the store and coming back the next day because I couldn’t stop thinking about a strapless gown I tried on. They were so nice when I returned and purchased the dress. I just wore it two weeks ago in my wedding, and felt gorgeous. I would recommend this shop for brides looking for a more personalized experience than BHDLN or Macys.

Sent on 09/17/2017

Haley · Married on 07/01/2017

My experience at The Sentimentalist was amazing. Rachel went about and beyond to ensure I found the perfect dress (which I did). It was comfortable, fun, and stress free. I would recommend this precious dress shop to anyone!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Ashley · Married on 07/01/2017

I came here to search for my wedding dress and had a blast! The staff was so sweet and helpful, and MOST IMPORTANTLY gave me HONEST opinions on how the gowns fit my body. There's nothing worse than being told you look perfect in every dress (that's just ridiculous) but they girls helped me figure out not only what dress I looked BEST in, but which dress I looked the most comfortable and happy in. It was a great experience! After I got the dress they have been so quick to respond, whether it be about best places to get alterations, or information for getting it dyed. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Carly · Married on 06/24/2017

After trying on lots of dresses in both Charleston and other Atlanta vendors, the Sentamentalist had exactly what I was looking for. I wanted something unique and true to who I am.. and I found that in almost every dress I tried on at the Sentamentalist. They say, "you know when you know!" Well, I thought I KNEW with about 5 different dresses at the Sentamentalist. It was a hard decision, but with the help of their employees and the encouragement of my mom and sister- I found THE one. Would recommend to anyone, and wishing I could experience this day all over again.

Sent on 11/11/2016

If this were the typical dress buying experience, brides would not have any horror stories about buying a wedding dress. The ladies at the shop were wonderful, inviting, and most importantly they were real people. Not once did I feel that they were just trying to get be to buy a dress for the sale. They engaged with me about my wedding, my ideal dress, and my personal life. I felt that we had been friends for a long time! I just felt very comfortable there. I didn't buy my dress right away the same day as my appointment. But I may have, annoyingly, been corresponding via email and playing phone tag for about a month after that :) These gals are just the best, they went above and beyond to communicate with me and they gave me honest advice. I would highly reccomend this shop to every bride!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Mindy · Married on 05/22/2017

This little shop is stocked full to the brim of beautiful, unique gowns. After visiting a major chain and a smaller boutique in Chattanooga, I scheduled with The Sentimentalist and had a good feeling about the styles they had to offer. I ended up loving every dress I tried on, and purchased my wedding gown with them with no hesitation. The owners of the shop are both lovely and took a genuine interest in my shopping experience. I loved their attention to detail and willingness to let me hop in and out of dresses to help make my decision. The personal touch is amazing; You don't have to share a consultant with other customers and her attention is focused solely on you. I can't recommend this store enough.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Kate · Married on 05/20/2017

I am so glad I found this shop, and I'm glad I went here first. I knew I wanted a dress that was "different"- but I didn't totally know what that meant- my taste didn't really seem to have any common factors. I also had a LOT of nervousness going in- there's all this pressure to like fall in love with a dress and cry and feel like a beautiful stunning bride or something and that's just not me so I was worried.

My mom, my maid of honor, my bridesmaid and I were greeted, given delicious mimosas and led to our own private room with a mirror, and I basically word-vomited everything I just said to Caitlin, who was helping me. She listened patiently to all my talk that made no sense and just said "Ok, so you want a wedding dress that has a classic feel but also sort of rejects the sweet, romantic southern bride look?" UGH, YES CAITLIN. THANK YOU. YOU GET ME. We went back and picked out dresses, and every dress she picked for me- even if they didn't necessarily look good on me, really fit the aesthetic I was going for.

She was also great when it came to sort of feeling out my group's dynamic and how I felt about dresses. We are not really the "gushing" types and so all she really added to the conversation was how a dress might fit when it was actually in my size. It was nice to not feel any pressure from her end, and helped ease all my nervousness.

I ended up picking a dress that I absolutely adored and met all my criteria, but I didn't want to pull the trigger on buying just yet. Then, changed my mind and the next morning I showed up unannounced, and they were super accommodating and let me try on my dress again, get some good pictures and buy it.

Overall, I could not be happier with my experience. The shop, the experience, the selection and the staff are all out of this world. Whether you like traditional "sweet romantic southern bride" dresses, or super weird, cutting edge dresses, The Sentimentalist has you covered and will make your time there amazing.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Jennifer · Married on 05/06/2017

I had one day with my mom in Atlanta to find a wedding dress, and The Sentimentalist gave us one of the most comfortable and stress-free experiences of the day. We had just come from a sub-par appointment and one store, and fell into open arms at this beautiful little shop. All the ladies were absolutely fabulous and went above and beyond to make sure that our dress shopping experience was a comfortable one. I tried on all different dresses, and then found what I thought was my dress, but wasn't sure with one remaining bridal appointment on the day, and wanted to explore all my options. We left, to ultimately return and get my Carol Hannah gown. After our last appointment of the day, we called up and explained that we wanted to come back to the shop and put a deposit on the gown. The girls at The Sentimentalist were more than accommodating, considering they had appointments all day. We were able to come back, sit down with them and even put the dress on one last time.

One thing I had found throughout my shopping day was that accessorizing a dress can make or break your appointment. All the girls here jumped in with veils, sashes, etc., to help collaborate and find the look I was looking for, without really knowing what that was completely. Thank you so much for helping me find my dream wedding gown!

Sent on 02/06/2017

I had seen The Sentimentalist on social media even before I got engaged and loved their style. So when I got engaged and it was time to wedding dress shop I knew I had to check it out. It was the first place I went and I feel in love! I ended up buying my wedding dress that day and had zero hesitation that it was THE ONE. The shop is lovely and filled with beautiful dresses that fit my taste (and probably more importantly, my budget). The staff was helpful, polite and very sweet. I sometimes hate shopping because I don't like feeling pressured to buy but there was NONE of that at The Sentimentalist. I would highly recommend checking them out if you are in the market for an awesome dress!

Sent on 03/28/2016

I LOVE this bridal boutique! I really don't know where I would have found my perfect dress, if this place wasn't around. This place is a perfect fit for the engaged gal that wants something simple, but also unique. Nothing poofy here. Every dress looks chic, elegant, classic, and seamless. I can't wait until my dress arrives!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Courtney · Married on 04/08/2017

The Sentamentalist went well out of their way to accommodate me and help me find the perfect dress for my special day. This is the perfect shop if you are looking for a whimsical, simple-but-not-plain, unique wedding dress. I have never felt more beautiful than when I stepped into my Carol Hannah. These ladies squeezed me in at the last minute because I was visiting from out-of-town, and they best over backwards for me!

Sent on 07/24/2016

I can't say enough about The Sentamentalist and all of its lovely ladies. From start to finish, communication was quick and easy, and the whole experience was fun and stress free. Each of my questions was answered with a smile, and I never felt judged or pressured as I had in other shops. I had been searching for a bridal shop that offered simple, vintage inspired dresses, and The Sentamentalist is just exactly what I was looking for. Their collection is so unique and beautiful that I even day dream about the dresses I DIDN'T pick :) I feel insanely corny saying so many positive things, but my experience really was PERFECT! Your search won't be complete until you give them a visit!!!!
    (I purchased my dress and veil here <3 )

Sent on 08/10/2016

Brittany · Married on 03/24/2017

The Sentimentalist was the perfect bridal experience. They were my second stop in dress searching and were a breath of fresh air after visiting somewhere that didn't understand my style or what I was looking for at all.

It was very easy to make an appointment, and right when I got there, I loved the vibe and environment of the vintage shop. Rhiannon who helped me with my dress selection was great. I loved the first thing (and then everything thereafter) that she pulled off the rack for me. She really understood what I was looking for and LISTENED, which was different than my experiences elsewhere. They had plenty of options within my budget, and it was a overall a positive, uplifting, less stressful experience than what I had experienced before.

I didn't buy that day because I wanted to try on other things. I actually ended up coming back two more times (so total try on of 3 times) before I was comfortable enough to actually say yes to the dress, but the Sentimentalist staff was reassuring and accommodating to my indecisiveness. They took a ton of pics for me, helped me visualize about shoes and overall wedding vibe. They also are just in the know of wedding happenings in Atlanta in general, and have worked with my venue before so I felt very comfortable with all of their opinions.

Overall, The Sentimentalist blew away their competitors in how my overall experience was, their gorgeous dress selection, and relaxed/lovely environment in the shop. I will definitely recommend this to anyone else I know who is looking for a wedding dress!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Caroline · Married on 01/28/2017

The Sentimentalist was the perfect place for me to find my dream wedding dress! Their dresses are stunning and unique. Gabi was wonderful and extremely patient--I came in THREE times to make sure I made the right choice and everyone working was so caring to make sure I was happy. I highly recommend this store! My girlfriends and I had an absolute blast shopping for my dress.

Sent on 07/30/2016

Michele · Married on 01/26/2017

This adorable vintage and designer bridal shop was a dream. The dress selection was unique, romantic, whimsical and absolutely stunning. After visiting 3 other local bridal shops and trying on countless dress, I walked into The Sentimentalist worried that I would once again leave undecided. Thankfully, Gabby had other plans for me. She took great care of me and my guests and selected the perfect dress on the very first try. It was love at first sight and I cannot wait to wear it next April. I know I will feel beautiful and confident as I marry the man of my dreams. Thank you to the whole team for making me a very happy Sentimental Bride!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Sara · Married on 12/31/2016

I was drawn to The Sentimentalist because of their unique dresses and handmade accessories. The small shop offered an intimate experience with exceptional staff expertise. My budget for the dress was $1200-$1500, so I was concerned when I read online that most dresses were $2000-$3000. I called the store and was told there were a few dresses available within my price range, so I made an appointment. I tried on 5 or 6 dresses at the store and fell in love with one by the designer Theia, which I purchased for $1500. I also purchased a few extraordinary handmade accessories (belt, veil, and earrings) to complete my look. I couldn’t have found them anywhere else. This store is perfect for the bride searching for a unique look and it far exceeds conventional dress stores that sell heavy material and outdated looks. Here you will look modern and sophisticated, while feeling youthful and romantic.

Sent on 08/19/2016

Tanszy · Married on 12/24/2016

Whole experience was wonderful. The dresses are amazing and much less than I thought for boutique setting.
    The quality and the designs are fabiukus. My daughter referred 4 friends and they all bought dresses there!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Hayley · Married on 12/16/2016

The nicest people ever. The most beautiful vintage inspired gowns. Feels like you step into another little world! Please go! Dresses are different than I saw anywhere else, prices amazing, customer service made me feel like the bride of the century.

Sent on 01/13/2016

Caitlin · Married on 11/11/2016

My experience at The Sentimentalist was a dream. Moments after meeting Rhiannon, she used her intuition to pick out beautiful dresses that she thought would suit me best. She was patient and warm, which I appreciated since this was my first (and last!) day trying on wedding gowns. Further, what I found most impressionable about this shop was that it made me feel special! We walked in with the store to ourselves, were treated like gold, and my consultant was incredibly attentive. I'm so happy that I chose to come to The Sentimentalist to find my dream dress! ♥

Sent on 12/28/2016

Jenna · Married on 10/23/2016

It was such a pleasure to try on dresses with Rhiannon at the Sentamentalist! It was impressive how well she was able to tailor them to me - she really took her time making me feel special, adjusting ever nook & cranny for a next to skin look and did not rush the process. I also really loved Rhiannon's ability to help me define what it is I was looking for in a wedding dress, in a totally fun and decisive way. Additionally, they were very helpful when it came to questions I had and actually purchasing the dress. Overall the staff at the Sentamentalist are very professional, the shop is gorgeous and their selection is wonderful! I would highly recommend checking them out if your budget is at or above $1,300. Oh, and one great tip - bring champagne!!

Sent on 07/05/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/22/2016

The first and only place I shopped for wedding dresses at and it was an absolutely incredible experience. I could not have enjoyed shopping for my wedding dress more! The whole staff was extremely helpful and Katlyn really had an understanding of the look I was going for and helped my find the perfect dress and accessories to make it everything I could have dreamed of!

Sent on 11/15/2015

Amy · Married on 10/22/2016

For anyone wanting to feel at ease and confident about their wedding dress, I would highly recommend the Sentimentalist. Not only are they fun and easy to work with, but they respond quickly, work with your schedule and budget, and accommodate your requests. I needed a specific top from a designer that was part of her ready to wear collection and, therefore, not available at the shop. The Sentimentalist worked to get the top to the shop so I could try it on during my session. They also went above and beyond to make sure I was able to try the top on in time when weather caused us to have to postpone the original appointment. I know opening early on a Sunday is not ideal for anyone, but they offered to do so when that was the only time I could come in. Beyond the exceptional service, the dresses are to die for and the shop is beautiful. Tons of natural light so you can see how your dress will look on wedding day instead of fluorescent lighting. Last but not least, SEPARATES SEPARATES SEPARATES! The Sentimentalist has tons of separates to give any bride and fun and unique look! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 02/04/2016

Erin · Married on 10/08/2016

I absolutely adore the Sentimentalist! When you come up to the adorable home turned vintage shop you ring a bell and you are immediately welcomed by one of the super friendly staff. We waited for a few minutes in the large front room for the stylist to come out. My stylist was Caitlin and she was so sweet and wonderful. She asked about the wedding/ my style to get a better feel and then we went to look at dresses. Oh my the dresses and the designers at the Sentimentalist are beyond words! If you love vintage styles with a modern twist, you will love literally every dress at this shop. Caitlin was super helpful to only pull dresses in my budget. I was really loving everything I tried on, which was making it difficult for me to pick. Then I tried on a dress by designer Elizabeth Dye and FELL IN LOVE. This was the dress. I met with Gabi Lee two days later to put down the deposit for my dress. I had a few questions so she let me slip back into it and answered all the questions I had. This really helped me feel better about what I missed when I first came because I was just in awe of the dress and finally picking one. I can't wait for my wedding day, but knowing I get to wear such a stunning dress I really, really can't wait! The Sentimentalist is such a wonderful shop and an asset to the Atlanta Area. Thank you ladies for everything you do!

Sent on 02/03/2016

Alexis · Married on 09/10/2016

I visited The Sentamentalist to shop for my wedding gown, and it was the best experience I had by far! Gabi instantly made me feel comfortable and at ease. She also was able to understand my vision for my wedding gown, and helped me find the perfect dress, veil, and accessories. I highly recommend this shop!

Sent on 01/22/2016