The Sentimentalist Reviews

119 Reviews for The Sentimentalist

• Izzy

Izzy H. · Married on 06/23/2019

Beautiful dress, amazing service

I purchased my wedding dress here and had an all-around great experience. The shop assistant was super helpful and totally got my style, wasn't pushy at all. She helped me find a beautiful dress and order it on short notice (4 months out), and it arrived exactly when they promised.

Sent on 08/01/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Happy Married, Izzy! Thank you so much for your kind words. It's so great to hear that we delivered our best for you- you deserve it! Visit our gift shop any time XO Gabi Lee

Erin Smith · Married on 06/08/2019

My style, but BRIDE

Beautiful dresses and accessories, both new and vintage, in the perfect space. Visiting the shop is a treat in itself. Visits are all about you and your stylist.

Sent on 12/05/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Oh hi Erin! You are so kind ;) Thanks for your sweet words and taking the time to leave them. Happy Married! XO
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 04/27/2019

Shop at the Sentamentalist!

When starting my bridal jumpsuit search, I was worried that “the one” wasn’t out there. There were grand photos of celebrities in beautiful white jumpsuits, but no matter where I searched, nothing quite fit the bill. Until I arrived at the sentimentalist. There I was greeted by smiling faces whose first goal was to understand exactly what look I wanted. We then looked through the options together, and they were very helpful in choosing items that they felt would work. They always were very creative in combining different pieces in a way I would not have considered on my own. In the end, I had a beautiful, hand-crafted jumpsuit that perfectly fit my vision. Their dedication to following through with your bridal desires/wishes is to be admired, and I’d recommend them to anyone - those looking for more traditional options as well as those who have different bridal tastes.

Sent on 08/11/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Thanks again, Kelsey! We love having you as a sentimental bride cause you have serious style AND your sweet as pie ;) Thank you for trusting us with your vision. XO Gabi Lee
  • Kaleigh

Kaleigh · Married on 03/23/2019

Wedding Dress Shopping at the Sentimentalist

The women at the Sentimentalist are nothing short of phenomenal. The shop is beautiful, the selection of dresses is varied, and the atmosphere is just wonderful. I was really nervous to go wedding dress shopping, but the ladies at the Sentimentalist made me so loved and beautiful! They were so respectful of my budget and helped me find my absolute DREAM dress (and a beautiful headpiece to match!).

The designers they stock are all so different and unique – their selection was unlike anything I saw at any other store (and I went to 3 others). Rachael was amazing when it came to picking out options; she picked up on my style right away. I didn’t try on a single gown I didn’t absolutely LOVE, which made my decision that much harder.

Everyone was so kind and accommodating and supportive. They helped me find an alterations vendor as well. We loved the experience so much, we went back for my mother’s outfit, and they helped her pick out a gorgeous raw silk jumpsuit that she looked just outstanding in.

I seriously cannot say enough positive things about the women at the Sentimentalist and my experience there. I encourage ANY bride of ANY size or style to make an appointment at this shop. Even if you don’t find your dress there, I promise you’ll have an amazing experience.

Sent on 05/08/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Kaleigh! You have us in tears. YOU are the phenomenal one- all love and light and beauty inside and out. Thank you so much for being a sentimental bride, for rocking that dress SO right, and for these incredibly generous words. It means more than you know. It is our heart to help ALL brides of ALL sizes and ALL styles and we cannot thank you enough for seeing that and sharing it ;) Visit us soon! I think an anniversary outfit should be in your future! xoxo the Sentimental shop girls ;)
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 02/08/2019

The ATL's best dress shop!!

I can't say enough about how wonderful this shop is and what beautiful dresses they have. The team of ladies at The Sentimentalist are so cool and kind. I love my Dunway gown by Elizabeth Dye so much and felt perfectly me on my wedding day.

Sent on 02/22/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Thank you thank you, sweet lady ;) We loved working with you and especially loved seeing you end up in such a perfect dress for YOU. Visit soon and happy happy married! XO

Natalie Rogers · Married on 12/22/2018

So much love for Sentimentalist!

I loved my experience with the Sentimentalist. I purchased my dress from their old location, and hear the new shop is even cuter. It was a laid-back, personal, non-intimidating shopping environment, which I really needed as a nervous bride. I wasn't sure I would fit the Sentimentalist "image" (if there even is one), since I figured their dresses would be more Bohemian than my style. I was also nervous since I'm a curvy bride - size 10 in regular and 14 in bridal even after losing 40 pounds. Making it even tougher, I came in pretty sure I was going to purchase a dress from a different boutique. I was able to be open with the stylist about my insecurities, and the "other dress." She was so very patient with my indecision, and didn't pressure me at all. I slowly and tearfully(happy tears!) realized the last dress I tried one --which she actually picked --- was perfect for me. And no, it isn't all bohemian in there! The dress I picked was very traditional. It was so fun playing dress up with their accessories once I knew which dress was mine. Sentimentalist also made sure I had all the details they DON'T handle in store sorted out -- they recommended a great seamstress, great dry-cleaner, and even the perfect underwear. I would recommend them to anyone/everyone.

Sent on 01/25/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Thanks Natalie! We loved working with you and we so appreciate your review. Thanks for being a sentimental bride! Visit any time ;)
  • Kate

Kate O'hagan · Married on 11/30/2018

Dream shopping experience!

Beautiful & unique dresses. Adorable atmosphere. Sweet and friendly no-pressure saleswomen. Wonderful shopping experience!

Sent on 10/21/2019

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Thank you so much, Kate! Wonderful is what we're goin' for ;) Visit any time and all the very very best!

Mary Claire · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing!!!

My experience at The Sentimentalist was fantastic! We had a relatively short engagement by today's standards (about 7 months), so I had a kind of tight timeline to find the dress and make sure it was ordered and here on time for alterations. The ladies at The Sentimentalist were so wonderful, they made the process easy and such a joy! Rhiannon was my stylist, and I genuinely loved everything she pulled. She listened to what I said I wanted but also threw some things out there that were a little more unexpected. Not only do they have the most beautiful gowns, but they also have amazing accessories. I ended up getting both my veil and a belt for my dress here. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a truly unique and beautiful dress as well as personalized and fabulous service, thanks ladies!

Sent on 11/05/2018

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Thanks Mary Claire! We are so honored to have helped you with your whole look! Rhiannon is a gem and we love that you love her as much as we do ;) Visit soon! XOXO
  • Anna

Anna Warren · Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful team and experience!

I found my dress at The Sentimentalist last winter for my fall 2018 wedding. This was the first shop I went to and made myself go to another store just to see...and promptly returned to buy the dress these ladies helped me find. I felt comfortable and beautiful the entire time I was there. They're simply the best!

Sent on 10/30/2018

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Thank you Anna! We love having you as a sentimental bride ;) Your kind words mean so much. Visit us again soon!

Becca · Married on 10/13/2018

I wish I could meet every single bride in the South (hell, in the WORLD) just so I could take their hands in mine, kiss them on both cheeks, and send them directly to The Sentimentalist. Rhiannon made what could have been a stressful, anxious day into an absolute joy. She is a complete sorceress - transforming admittedly lovely dresses into absolutely magical gowns through her incredible styling. She made my family comfortable and involved them in the dressing process. She LISTENED to everything I and my family said, showing her adaptability and professionalism as well as her delightful personality. I had two appointments made at other dress boutiques for the next day and cancelled them before walking out The Sentimentalist's doors, because together we created a gorgeous outfit that I, my husband-to-be, and my guests will remember forever. Everyone else I spoke to at the Sentimentalist was just as professional, just as fun, just as joyful as Rhiannon, and I am, honestly, jealous that I don't work there. My time at The Sentimentalist was a celebration, one I can't wait to continue when I go back for my fittings.

Sent on 07/11/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/25/2018

The Warmest, Most Welcoming Bridal Shop in ATL!

The Sentimentalist was my happy place during the wedding planning process! It was the second bridal shop I visited and so different from others from the first email to the minute I walked in. The staff is so friendly and knowledgable and knew exactly my style. I loved every single dress I tried on! Rhiannon took so much time with me and I never felt rushed. She really focused on finding something that I loved and felt beautiful in. I found my dress that first day and absolutely loved it. The dress came in so quickly and they were so accommodating when I came in to pick it up and search for accessories. I was so sad to leave because I just loved going in each time! It was such a warm, welcoming, and fun experience. I got so many compliments on my dress at the wedding and it was exactly what I wanted my dress to be. Thank you thank you for the best experiences!

Sent on 10/24/2018

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Oh Amanda, you beautiful sweet doll! It was 100% OUR pleasure to work with such a wonderful, kind, and stylish bride ;) Thank you for this and for these AMAZING pictures. We want to remember you forever ;) Visit us at our new store soon! XOXO

Leslie · Married on 07/16/2018

I loved The Sentimentalist! Everyone was so helpful and accommodating. It is a special experience there because they only allow a 1-2 brides in at a time, so you get the best quality service and attention you need. They have alternative styles for dresses and truly beautiful dresses. I would recommend this shop to anyone who doesn't want the big ballgown or mermaid style dress.

Sent on 09/07/2018

The Sentimentalist's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet words, Leslie! We love having you visit and so appreciate your consideration in sharing your experience. ;)

ana · Married on 06/02/2018

Simply amazing! I felt welcome and at ease from the moment I walked in the shop. The staff was friendly and really listened to what I wanted. Also, they have an incredible dress selection! Caitlin helped me out & made me feel comfortable during the entire appointment. She didn't pressure me while I was making my decision. I'm SO happy I 'said yes to the dress' at The Sentimentalist - I highly recommend this shop!

Sent on 04/15/2017

Hayley · Married on 03/10/2018

You trully have style all your own then this is the place for you. they contact the designers directly to see if any changes can be made. I love my Truvelle dress honestly wish i could wear it more. the customer service is great. Rachel was wonderful checking in with letting me know what stage my dress was at.

Sent on 07/04/2018

Emily · Married on 02/24/2018

I cannot say enough amazing things about The Sentimentalist and specifically Caitlin. It was the most amazing place to dress shop and Caitlin helped me work through all my indecisiveness and pick a dress that was both perfect and not at all what I was expecting. The atmosphere was amazing, it is a small intimate space with a carefully cultivated selection of dresses that made me feel comfortable and not at all overwhelmed. I wish I could shop there again, too bad they only carry wedding dresses!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Vitoria · Married on 01/06/2018

I really loved the store and everyone there was so sweet. I am so glad that I found my amaing dress there

Sent on 04/23/2017

Rebekah · Married on 12/10/2017

I LOVED shopping for my wedding dress at The Sentimentalist. They were so helpful and really want to make sure the bride is happy. The girl that helped me went above and beyond and was super professional and so fun to be around! AND... we found the most dreamy, boho-chic dress! It was more than I could have ever hoped for! I felt incredible in it! If only I could find another reason to wear it again... ;)

Sent on 12/24/2017

Paulina · Married on 11/18/2017

I love The Sentimentalist ladies and Caitlin especially!! Caitlin was so easy to be around, talk to, and bounce ideas of off - she knows what she's doing! It's a laid back but fun place to try on dresses! They are not pushy, they listen to what you say and what you want, but they also make the best suggestions that you may never even have thought of! I went to three other places and The Sentimentalist was hands down the best place!!! You won't regret making an appointment with them!!!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/28/2017

The Sentimentalist provides a beautiful intimate wedding dress shopping experience. I highly recommend this boutique if you're looking for your not so traditional wedding dress. They are focused solely on you and don't feel like a million other people are watching you. They helped me order a custom sized and designed dress from one of their designers and truly helped me decide what I wanted in a dress. Love them!

Sent on 02/27/2017
  • Ashlyn

Ashlyn · Married on 10/14/2017

WOW! Not sure why I am just now getting around to this! When envisioning my wedding dress, The Sentimentalist was the perfect shop for me! At first I didn't know such a shop existed in Atlanta but after searching on Instagram and following people with the similar taste, I found this wonderful shop and I was literally set on where I was going to find my dress. I was helped by Rachael and she was so cool to work with. Very easy, laid back and gave her honest opinion. She gave all her attention to my appointment plus spent extra time with with us :) and really helped me bring all my ideas together! I ended up picking the third dress. It was so crazy because we were trying to create this vision in my head and Rachael help me realize that I had already tried on the perfect one! The process was far from stressful and the dress was so me. My day was beyond perfect and the dress added so much personality to it. We had a rustic, vintage wedding so the dress was like a statement piece without being overly dramatic. It laid perfectly on me and I felt so beautiful in it. I was seriously obsessed with my sleeves and the open back!! Even if your not looking for vintage, I highly suggest for you to just go check them out because you will find dresses that you wouldn't even think about. They had so many styles and brands that will make you look and feel beautiful on your special day!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Brandi · Married on 10/07/2017

I can't say enough good things about this sweet shop. Not only did I find my dream wedding dress there (which was an accomplishment in itself since The Sentimentalist is the only bridal shop in Atlanta that I know of that sells beautiful, modest dresses like they do- so glad I found out about them!!) but the entire experience was perfect. Everything from the style and decor of the shop to the expert and helpful ladies who worked with me during my appointment was exceptional.

I had gone dress shopping at one other place before them and the service at the other place was less helpful, and they made me feel like I wouldn't be able to have a dress in time for my wedding. The ladies at The Sentimentalists on the other hand helped me pick a wedding dress I'm in love with, and it ended up being under my budget which gave me enough to expedite the order to have it before my wedding date. I'm just so pleased with my experience with them, and I would 110% recommend them to other bride-to-be's!

Sent on 04/02/2017

Alyson · Married on 10/07/2017

This dress shopping experience exceeded all of my expectations. They are awesome and all of the dresses were amazing!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Morgan · Married on 09/30/2017

The absolute most wonderful experience you could ask for. A dream of a dress shop. The shop girls are the best! The dresses and accessories are to die for. Thanks for everything!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Margo · Married on 09/23/2017

This shop is such a treasure for Atlanta brides. I made appointments at three different shops over one weekend to find "the dress". The Sentimentalist was my first shop and I (along with my Mom, grandmother, and now mother-in-law) were blown away by the customer service and selection. I thought I found "the dress", but I felt the duty to at least go to one more store. The next store I went to felt COMPLETELY different. No one helped us. No dresses seemed special. I knew immediately that I had to go back and get MY dress. From that day to picking up my dress, it was a seamless process. Love, love, love this shop!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Kristen · Married on 09/16/2017

Trying on dresses at the Sentimentalist was a dream. I went to a LOT of places-- 9 or so-- and tried on many, many dresses. The Sentimentalist and one other place were my favorites. I knew what I liked and what I didn't, but I didn't have a clear vision on what I'd end up with. I just hoped I'd end up with something unique and not incredibly heavy and stiff. The Sentimentalist was full of different designers that had a delicate, vintage-y look, and it was so much fun to try on these dresses in their little house that is artsy and full of character. I found both my belt and dress at the Sentimentalist and wish they had regular clothing vs just wedding attire, so I'd have a reason to go back!

Sent on 12/21/2017