The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch Reviews

23 Reviews for The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch

The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch 1
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch 2
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch 3

We worked with Kayla for most of the process and she became family to us. Although she was about to give birth, she wanted to make sure that she didn't miss our day. She responded to our emails very promptly and was very clear in her communication. The tasting was a blast and we were able to customize things so that it was exactly what we wanted. We have people that have severe allergies and they were very considerate of this. Specifically, one of our guest has Celiac Disease and will get really sick from gluten. Usually she has to have salad with vinegar and not really enjoy eating. Somehow, they were able to make the chicken meal completely gluten free (even to the cooking style) and she was so excited to be able to eat the same as everyone and it was the first good meal she had eaten in a while. Overall, our guests still claim that the food was the best they have ever had (including food outside of wedding food). The resort is so beautiful and unique and was perfect for our guests that were mainly out of town. We worked with Selma as our catering organizer for the day and she made sure the food was out (and still warm) while making sure that the bride and groom had drinks. Our bartender was a hoot and our guests couldn't stop talking about how great he was and the drinks. The cake was through the venue and they did better than the picture we sent them and the florist is the sweetest woman in the world and our flowers are still beautiful weeks later. They were even able to squeeze us in this beautiful presidential suite which made the getting ready process so much fun and the night even more special. By having everything there, it made coordinating so flawless and reduced a ton of stress. I am so happy that we used this venue and can't recommend it enough. Make sure to add it to your list to check out and you will love it too.

Sent on 03/20/2017

From the first meeting to our wedding day, we had a wonderful experience with The Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center. Besides the beautiful property, the wedding package options are flexible and seemed to fulfill anyone's needs. Amanda was our wonderful wedding coordinator. Her organization, follow through and communication was beyond exceptional. We used the in house florist- Kathy! She was amazing and was really able to take my vision for a romantic reception and make it come alive. Mary- was the in house baker. She made a beautiful tiered cake for us that matched the design I shared with her. Having our wedding reception here was an absolute dream and we were so pleased with every aspect of our experience!

Sent on 11/18/2014
  • DeannaMarie

Deanna · Married on 04/12/2014

The Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center is truly a hidden gem. The grounds are beautiful and the staff felt like family by the time we said I do. Our coordinator Brittany Ellsworth was so GREAT. She went above and beyond on multiple occasions to make sure our day was complete perfection. Everything went so smooth starting with our planning appointments to the rehearsal, all the way to my walk down the aisle. She cared about all the little things that most people would miss and we felt so lucky to have her to guide us through the process. The florist on site Kathy Cheatham is also AMAZING! She added so many little details and incorporated our favorite things to make our wedding unique and memorable one. I could tell she genuinely loved planning with me and bringing my vision to life, which was absolutely stunning by the way. Brittany and Kathy were both so genuine and personable on top of being extremely talented and professional. The catering staff was so attentive during our reception, we truly felt like a king and queen for the day. If you want a stress free wedding day and a team you can really trust, the Scottsdale Resort is the place to say I do! We love you guys and thanks for making our wedding day one we will never forget!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Ritsa · Married on 03/15/2014

"Best Wedding Ever !" Is all We have been hearing from our guests all year ! We had our wedding at the Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center in March of 2014 . I was cool as a cucumber thanks to our in house wedding coordinator , Brittany . Love Her ! She helped planned everything over emails , as this was a destination wedding for us (we are from the San Francisco Bay Area ) . Flowers were impeccable , we used the resort's in house florist Kathy Cheatham. She is amazing and her passion shows in her arrangements ! No droopy flowers in my bouquet because she told me what worked and wouldn't work . She had backups for all the wedding party too . I wanted to hug her over and over that day . Food and wedding cake was so good ! Please don't bother with outside caterers . The resort will make any menu you want ! All the guests loved the grounds , the facilities , and the staff . I will be forever grateful for this place making our wedding FUN and CAREFREE ! Can't wait to go back every March for our Anniversary ! Go Giants :)

Sent on 12/31/2014

Michelle · Married on 10/19/2013

Amanda collier and Kathy Cheatham were wonderful to us,very Patient, kind, and helpful, I highly recommend any bride to use the Scottsdale resort for your special day because those two ladies will see to it that your day is perfect.

Sent on 01/23/2014

Extremely professional. Did a fantastic job or organizing our wedding, making sure everything ran smoothly and filled our wedding with great memories

Sent on 10/05/2013

Jennie · Married on 09/21/2013

Our wedding was perfect! Amanda did a great job!! Very pleasant and easy to work with!!

Sent on 01/28/2014

Jennifer · Married on 03/02/2013

I had the most wonderful wedding experience ever! The staff was great and most importantly, my even coordinator Danielle Servold was so amazing!!!! She made the experience a joy and her organization allowed me to relax on my big day. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking to host their wedding.

Sent on 03/13/2013

Pamela · Married on 11/03/2012

I can not tell you how much fun it was working with Danielle, planning our wedding! She is such a professional with very good ideas. It was a fabulous venue for our wedding. Our wedding was a little less formal and they worked with me to customise decorations, flowers, food and spirits. I will say the wedding cake is very special and the best cake I have ever had in my life. We were able to have everything out doors to take advantage of the desert evenings. We had our celebration on three patios, each one more beautiful than the other. I would recommend anyone planning a wedding to visit SRCC to see what all they can offer. I planned my wedding from England and everything went as planned!

Cheers;

Pamela Hexton

Sent on 02/22/2013

I had my wedding here in October and was amazed at everything! From my amazing wedding coordinator, to the friendly staff, and to the beautiful resort itself everything was picture perfect! They assign you a wedding coordinator who is in charge and over sees everything in regards to your wedding. They have a variety of packages to choose from which are reasonably priced! You get a lot for your money at this resort! They go above and beyond what you expect! On my wedding day I was able to get ready in a casita (a mini house) with enough room for hair and makeup and not to mention my huge bridal party! There where so many surprises on my wedding day! They just go out of their way to make your ceremony and reception look like a fairytale! I wouldn't have changed anything! This resort wont let you down!

Sent on 12/30/2012

Leslie · Married on 10/13/2012

I thought this was the perfect place to have a wedding. Amanda was the best, whenever I needed anything she was there and always got back to me right away with any questions I had. The grounds were amazing and I had a lot of guests come from out of town and the hotel staff was just perfect.

Sent on 02/18/2013
  • Connie&Steve

Connie & Steve · Married on 04/24/2010

We utilized The Scottsdale Conference Resort for our guest accomodations. They were fabulous to work with. We needed to arrange transportation to the ceremony site and the staff was most accomodating. Guests felt they received good service and all seemed to enjoy their stay.

Sent on 05/21/2010

food, set-up, room - all absolutely beautiful!
    arranged from out of the country to perfection!
    THANK YOU!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/29/2011

Love the Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center! My wedding was gorgeous! The resort itself is so timeless and stunning with all the greenery and folage. The architecture is amazing. The service it great. Danielle, the wedding coordinator, was so responsive and helpful. Their decorating for the wedding was beautiful. The food is amazing, and my cake was delicious and gorgeous. The only slight complaint I had was my ceremony was outside on the Alemeda and the housekeepers felt the need to drive their carts right by the ceremony twice, which was very loud and dissruptive. But when we told Danielle after the wedding, they gave us our entire money back for the ceremony. Which was more than we even hoped for. Also, guest room rates were super reasonable. Overall, I had the perfect wedding and love this resort.

Sent on 03/12/2012
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 05/26/2012

After 10 months of planning my wedding reception, I think it's safe to say that event planner The Amazing Amanda (as I like to call her) has become a friend. Email after email Amanda never said "no" to even my smallest requests. Each time my husband and I stopped in to consult with Amanda or drop something off, we were treated like royalty. Our guests will not stop talking about the service of the staff, the quality of the food, and the comfort of the rooms... not to mention how BEAUTIFUL our reception was! Amanda and her staff at SRCC made the planning process as painless as possible... there's nothing I regret!
    Just make sure that your put all adults names on your room reservations, some couples could not check in to their rooms because their spouse was the only name on the reservation.
    HUGE thanks to all the staff at SRCC for making an incredibly memorable wedding reception!!! xoxo

Sent on 05/31/2012

Julie · Married on 05/14/2011

Danielle and Amanda really helped me and my husband with every aspect of our wedding. They listened to every idea or concern we had and helped us through it all. Danielle became my best friend and I don't know what I would have done without her. We are still getting compliments about our wedding and how amazing everything was. Our guests were in awe of the banquet room where the reception was held.

We had roughly 80% of our guests coming in from out of town and the Scottsdale Resort & Conference Center was a great place to have both the ceremony and reception. Everyone loved that they didn't have to drive anywhere, and if they did everything was close by, and that they could hang out around the pool area all day before the big event.

The staff was amazing and Danielle and Amanda provide us with a day we will never ever forget. I will truly miss working with the two of them and would highly recommend that others have their weddings here.

Sent on 05/27/2011

Jenna · Married on 06/08/2013

The Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center was a fabulous venue for our wedding. I would have paid every cent again just to have Amanda Collier plan our event! She was amazing and so, so easy to work with. Everyone at the resort (except one male consierge and the makeup artist who were less than helpful and hard to work with) was so helpful and went out of the way to make our day amazing. Great place.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Sarah · Married on 12/21/2013

Brittany was a GREAT wedding coordinator to work with. She was very helpful, especially since all the planning was done over the phone, site unseen. She did a fabulous job of setting things up, just I had wanted, without ever having met in person. We were very happy with our wedding at Scottsdale Resort!

Sent on 01/23/2014

Jennifer · Married on 03/16/2013

The Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center was awesome. We received several complements from our friends and family. It isn't the newest or biggest resort but is very beautiful and had one of the best packages around. The event planner took care of everything and was a tremendous help. Very affordable for a Scottsdale Resort. You won’t be disappointed. Ask for Amanda, she is wonderful!

Sent on 03/22/2013

4.2

I looked at about a million venues in Phoenix before selecting the Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center. It was fantastic. The value was excellent and many of the most spectacular decorations were included. I think having the food and bar bundled saved me a fortune and they were extremely flexible when I wanted to add additional hours to the bar and a cookie bar. The wedding coordinator was so organized, I had nothing to worry about. She completely understood my busy schedule and made time for me whenever I was able to get to Phoenix. Also, it was important to me that my guests could afford the hotel since almost everyone flew in from out of town or out of country and the room rate with the wedding was such a deal. Many people decided to fly in on Wednesday or Thursday or stay until Tuesday because the hotel was cheap enough to do so. If I were going to have a do-over (which I'm not!) I would definitely do it here. Fantastic.

Sent on 03/02/2013

shannen · Married on 03/16/2013

3.0

Amanda was awesome! I wished everything could have been in her control! There was a mixup on the bill for a hotel room that created an uncomfortable moment. There was a moment when we were to cut the cake that no one on staff was around to assist us. 4 of our $45 centerpieces were broken when they transfered them to our suite after our reception. I had to call to get our Linens and children's area stuff back from the hotel. Our gift baskets weren't handed out at check-in; we had to ask guests if they got them, and.send them back down to get them. (A service we paid for.) I was put on never-ending hold and transferred to several of the wrong people when trying to sort out their errors. I finally had enough, texted Amanda on her day off, and she got the rest of what I couldn't taken care of.

Sent on 03/22/2013

Lea · Married on 03/21/2010

0.5
      0.0

If you want to work with people that don't care about your needs or what you want your wedding to be like, than you will be ok with this site.
    After we signed our contract with them, they decided to not return phone calls or emails. We were told many things verbally that they reneged on when final details were discussed a couple months before the wedding. The taste testing was a free dinner in their restaurant, where we could not taste the conference food. We got horrible service and the food was worse, leaving us to complain to an unresponsive general manager. Luckily, the night of the wedding, the servers and staff who were there, were great. This did no make up for the rest of their mistakes though. We were also supposed to use their in house florist, but they reneged on that as well, 2 months prior to our wedding. Luckily, we found a wonderful florist to make up for their bad attitude. The night of the wedding, the catering manager was no where to be found when needed, and they left our broken glass (which was supposed to be kept) as well as other items, on the alter. These items were all supposed to be returned to our room. When I called to ask about it, no one had any idea what I was talking about, and the catering manager refused to return emails or calls.
    We put down a non-refundable deposit, which, we wish we never did. You want your wedding to be a wonderful day, and the planning to go pretty smooth. They made my life very difficult and I would NEVER recommend this facility to anyone! They should not allow wedding parties at their facility, or they should find people who enjoy planning weddings!

Sent on 05/26/2010