The Sapphire Salon & Destination Spa Reviews

8 Reviews for The Sapphire Salon & Destination Spa

• Megan

Megan · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing as always

Sapphire is my go to. They did an awesome job with me and my girls.

Sent on 10/13/2019

Alexis · Married on 04/25/2015

When the makeup artist that I had scheduled for the bridal party's makeup cancelled two weeks before my wedding, The Sapphire Salon was so accommodating and had a few makeup artists come in earlier than their shifts to make sure they could get our makeup done. It looked fabulous and we were in and out on schedule. The make-up area is large and open so it was fun to have our makeup done together as a group.

Sent on 07/27/2015

Katelyn · Married on 10/31/2014

I have been going to the Sapphire for over 10 years! There was no question when I got engaged and I was ready to chose a venue for all my beauty needs. They have a wedding coordinator and I was able to book everything through her. I used Sapphire for so many things for my wedding including a vintage photo session as a surprise gift for my groom! Every single person at this place is amazing and they make you feel so at home while you are there. I also coordinated several pre wedding appointments and trials including- hair, make up, spray tanning, facials, etc. Ladies, please make the investment to do the trials, if you are not happy with the end product, you can work with your stylist on getting the right vision and ensure your special day runs smoothly. I got so many compliments on my hair and make up (the most huge, intense red lips you have ever seen)!!! They also blocked off a special quiet area for us to eat lunch, have a few drinks and meet up in between our appointments. They never cease to disappoint. Keep up the amazing work ladies and Gavin!!! <3

Sent on 11/18/2014

Christina · Married on 07/12/2014

Sapphire was amazing! I am beyond thrilled that I chose them for my hair and makeup on the big day (July 12, 2014). They set aside one area of the salon just for me and my bridesmaids, and we were allowed to bring in breakfast food and beverages to munch on in between hair and makeup. Gavin must be a magician because he used his curling iron like a wizard. My hair was almost down to my waist by the time the wedding happened, so it was quite the job to get it into an up-do of any sort. I brought in a picture (front, sides, and back) of what I wanted, and Gavin made it a reality. He even left a spot for my veil to sit that would be easy to get out later in the day for post ceremony pictures and fun. He even taught one of my girls how to safely get it out without messing up the hair. It was spectacular. I cannot remember which of the girls did my makeup, and I wish I could, because she did a fabulous job. The makeup looked perfect and held out all day and well into the evening. It complemented the diamond white color of my dress and didn't look overdone or overbearing at all. I was beyond impressed and wished I lived in the area so I could use them as my regular salon.

If you want great hair and makeup for the big day, go to Sapphire. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Sapphire set up a nice breakfast spread for myself and my bridesmaids the morning of my wedding (for a small fee per person). They did a phenomenal job on my hair, and I thought that all of my bridesmaids looked stunning. A few of the girls had makeup done as well, and they looked great too. Kelly, the bridal coordinator, was very nice to work with.

Sent on 04/12/2013

Elisabeth · Married on 06/11/2011

Loved my hair and make-up! Had a nice brunch option, and the stylist and staff were so personable!! I was very relaxed on the big day!!

Sent on 08/21/2011
  • W

Wendy · Married on 12/05/2015

I LOVE the Sapphire Salon & Spa! I have been a customer here many times. They are always very professional and I have never spoken to anyone there who wasn't always kind and courteous. They are pricey but that is to be expected as it is a spa. They have a large variety of choice when it comes to services and every staff member I have encountered has performed wonderfully. I will continue to use the salon and spa well into the future.

Sent on 09/13/2015

alexandria · Married on 10/10/2015

I had a wonderful wedding experience with The Sapphire Salon & Destination Spa. I met with my stylist Maria a little less than a year before the wedding. We did a hair and makeup trial and she made sure I was 100% happy with it before I left that appointment(note to brides - take pictures of your hair from multiple angles during the trial to use as a resource for your stylist on the big day).

Unfortunately, I was allergic to the lipstick and my lips had a bad reaction(this is why you need to have trials girls lol). They actually have another type of makeup offered at their Pittston location so we had another trial on a later date and it worked out perfectly.

The day of, I had services done with my 5 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls and my mother and mother of one of the flower girls. If memory serves there were 3 other bridal parties there that morning. So it was chaos. Overall, everyones hair and make-up were perfect. The only thing was some girls had 8am appointments and didn't go back until 9 or later. We ended up leaving on time, but it was just a little worrisome in the moment with the altered schedule.

The only real issue I had with the salon was contacting VIA e-mail to ask questions. As an out-of-town bride, sometimes e-mail is the only way to contact with my hectic schedule. Most of the time I received no response or a response a week or so later.

Bottom line: The hair and make-up services were perfect and I would recommend this salon again and again and again. But asking questions via e-mail was difficult.

Sent on 10/22/2015