The Rusty Pelican Reviews

The Rusty Pelican 5
The Rusty Pelican 6
The Rusty Pelican 7

David · Married on 03/23/2014

It was a beautiful day, the recommended vendors did a fabulous job. Omar our wedding planner, eliminated all the drama and made a complicated event very easy for us. I would highly recommend the Rusty Pelican for your wedding venue.

Sent on 04/08/2014

Erica · Married on 03/15/2014

I have to say when I began my hunt for a wedding venue a year & a half ago, I was Dreading it! I ended up going to The Rusty Pelican first because of the great reviews. I took one foot in & I was sold! I never looked at another venue, I knew right away this was where I wanted to have my wedding! I worked with Sarah at the beginning and she was great! Then a few months before my wedding I had received an email that she was leaving & that I would be contacted by the new replacement coordinator. The email was very professional & I understood, even though I have to admit I was a little nervous as to how this new person would be.

I received an email a few days later from Omar stating he was my new coordinator. I then began to work with him & all my worries went away. I just had my wedding at the Rusty Pelican this passed Saturday & there is not ONE bad thing I can say. Omar did an OUTSTANDING job & I am so fortunate to have been able to have him as our coordinator! He was very professional and helped with any questions/concerns I had & made sure everything ran smoothly.

Omar introduced us to Norma who would be taking over for the reception part of our wedding & she as well went ABOVE & BEYOND for us. The Rusty Pelican does an amazing job at making you feel like you are the only people there. Norma not only continued to check on my new Husband and I, but she also made sure that our parents tables & all others had everything they needed throughout the night. To top it off the food was Delicious! All of our guests were blown away with how perfect everything was, we have not stopped receiving complements from everyone & my Husband & I are still at a loss for words with how spectacular it was. Our wedding completely exceeded our expectations & was truly more than we could have ever dreamed of!

Thank you so much Omar, Norma & the rest of the Rusty Pelican staff, you are truly the best!!

Sent on 03/19/2014

Gina · Married on 03/01/2014

Frist of all, if there was an option for more than 5 stars, we would select easily given 10! We cannot speak high enough volumes about the Rusty Pelican. From the planning process to the wedding/reception itself, everything was more than we could have imagined. Don was always there to answer any of our questions and was extremely helpful with everything we needed. The wedding itself was gorgeous even without a rehearsal there was never a misstep. The reception was stunning! The staff was impeccable! We cannot count the number of guests who raved about how smoothly everything went and how the staff was the best they had seen. We highly recommend using their preferred vendors...they were the icing on the cake to the best day. A HUGE thank you to the Rusty Pelican, you made our wedding breathtaking!

Sent on 03/07/2014

Chad · Married on 03/01/2014

Don, Carlos, and the service team at the Rusty Pelican went above and beyond to ensure my wife and I ( Elieth & Chad Robinson) had an exceptional ceremony and reception!!! Done was on point with every detail to make sure the ceremony went off without a hitch; it was very organized and there is no need to have a wedding planner. Don walks you through every detail of your wedding. I would highly recommend the Rusty Pelican for your wedding!! The guests commented on how delicious the food was as well as the service staff made sure they were on top of everything! We decided to go with a plated service and that was absolutely the right choice, because the filet's, chicken, and shrimp were cooked to perfection. The rusty Pelican really knows how to do a wedding! If you're interested in booking a wedding there, I would recommend booking well in advance! It's definitely worth the wait!
    Kudos again to Don, Carlos, and the service team to an outstanding job!
    Thank you, Eleith & Chad Robinson 3-1-14

Sent on 03/15/2014

The Rusty Pelican was phenomenal in all respects. Omar Fuentez was our wedding coordinator at the Rusty and he was sooooooo helpful and really did make me feel like a "bride". There was another wedding taking place the same day as our wedding at the Rusty but Omar made sure that I felt like my wedding was the only event at the restaurant. We had our reception in the Grand ballroom and I was stunned at how beautiful the view was especially as the sun went down. All of of our guests raved about how gorgeous the panoramic view of the gulf was. The Rusty staff were sooo attentive to my husband and I and served us our meal at the dinner and made sure we had plenty of drinks through out the night. If you are getting married in Tampa I would say there is no better place. The view in the Grand ballroom is simply spectacular. The layout lends itself for a wedding(meaning everyone feels apart of the reception and is in one big room and can see the bride and groom at all times). The staff was wonderful, attentive and even took care of small details like table arrangements and gift table layout. The food was incredible and everyone was impressed at the variety and flavor of the meal. I would 100% recommend choosing the Rusty as your site for your reception. You will not regret it.

Sent on 03/24/2014

Patricia · Married on 01/25/2014

I worked with Stacey Gershon at The Rusty Pelican. Stacey was wonderful to work with from start to finish. She was extremely professional and very accommodating. The day before the wedding I had an emergency that forced me to change my ceremony location. Fortunately I was able to move the ceremony to The Rusty Pelican as one of their spaces was free the next day. I couldn't ask for a more beautiful setting for my wedding. The set-up and views were breathtaking. Stacey was very professional and worked with me to make those last minute changes. She was on-site during the event and made sure I was in good hands for the remainder of the evening. The Rusty Pelican is a great restaurant (excellent food and service). It is also a one of a kind venue. No other location in South Florida offers their views, and what an elegant setting!

Sent on 01/28/2014

Courtney · Married on 01/18/2014

I have read numerous reviews on this venue and it couldn't have been more perfect. The location and view is perfect. The outdoor ceremony is beautiful and if planned correct you get the best sunset. The reception rooms are beautiful and decorate themselves. I had a view of the gazebo area and water. The food is beyond delicious. I have heard amazing reviews of the food and it was amazing and I still get compliments on it. We had a server who catered to our every need. He walked out plates for us to avoid spilling. Carlos was the best host to us and answered any question we ever had.

Sent on 01/20/2014

Lisa · Married on 01/04/2014

The Rusty Pelican was an amazing venue. Don made sure that every question was answered and he pays remarkable attention to detail. He goes out of his way to make sure your event is grand.

Sent on 02/09/2014

Allison · Married on 11/23/2013

If you want a fairy take wedding at an affordable price look no further. Rusty Pelican is it! Gorgeous water views, beautiful halls and Don knows how to make a wedding go off without a hitch. So glad I found this place for my wedding. It was more than I could have ever dreamed of

Sent on 12/18/2013

Nicole · event on 11/17/2013

Working with Julie was an absolute pleasure.

Sent on 11/30/2013

Ana · Married on 11/03/2013

So glad we went with the Rusty Pelican for our wedding, November 3rd, 2013. We had Sarah for a planner and she was absolutely phenomenal! Rusty Pelican offers upscale professionalism with breath taking views for a very reasonable price. We were so happy with the food as well, which is something every bride worries about. My husband and I went with Filet & Chicken for one choice and Jack Daniels Chicken for the other, plated dinner. The food was fantastic and all of our guests complimented us the night of and still are complimenting the whole event after the fact. They also supply a great list of vendors, and the plus side is that these vendors have been working with each other for a very long time, so the flow of the entire event is smooth and flawless!

Sent on 12/17/2013

Emily · Married on 10/20/2013

The ceremony & reception was beautiful! Don, our coordinator, was fantastic throughout the entire wedding planning process. He was always available via e-mail and answered my questions almost immediately every time. His professionalism made our entire night run so smoothly!

If I had to find one thing that wasn't up to par, our complimentary limo service from the hotel to The Rusty Pelican was late!! You wait your whole life for one moment and to have your limo driver late was irritating. Other than that, the entire night was perfect. Thank you Don!!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Jamilyn · Married on 10/12/2013

All of my guests couldn't get enough of the venue my husband and I picked out, and I couldn't agree more! Don was our wedding coordinator, and he was amazing. I told him what I wanted and he made it work. He paid attention to my details and I couldn't have been happier with it.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Tammy · Married on 10/12/2013

Thank you to Don and all the staff at the Rusty Pelican for the beautiful wedding my daughter Jamie had on October 12, 2013! Carlos was fantastic (so says my husband Tommy lol) for finding him dark beer. The food, the atmosphere, all the staff made this day so delightful. But most of all, I would like to thank Don Valiente---he is the man! He is calm, but perosnable, he directs without making anyone feel uncomfotable. Thank God, I only have one daughter! Thank you all for making my daughter's wedding so special and what a wonderful day to make Raymond our son!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Sofia · Married on 10/05/2013

The Rusty Pelican is a beautiful venue for those looking for something more inviting than a traditional ballroom. The view is gorgeous and the wedding package (venue, food, alcohol, cake) makes the entire planning process a lot easier. Sarah was wonderful to work with, and very helpful in answering all the questions we had. She was professional, kind and always made sure that we were taken care of the night of the wedding. The only con we had is the fact that this place is a wedding factory. In some instances, this is a positive because they are VERY good at what they do. The downside is that there's a very good chance that there will be another wedding going on at the same time as yours. If you're looking for something more intimate, this may not be the place for you. (We did not have any issues with the other party going on at the same time as ours.) Other than that, the Rusty is great at what they do. The venue is stunning. DO NOT limit yourself to the vendors on their Preferred Vendor Sheet. I had meetings with some of them and was disappointed. Do your research for good DJ's, Photographers, and Florists.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Mary · Married on 10/05/2013

Don and his entire staff at the Rusty Pelican went above and beyond (with their level of service) for our daughter's wedding.. We cannot say enough of how beautiful the location was and how wonderful the service and how courteous everyone was. The food was excellent. The service and attention to detail was exemplary. Great job ! -- Wonderful, wonderful memories.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Amanda · Married on 09/13/2013

Best place for a wedding!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful Venue Great food !! Great Sunset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grat service!!! Treated us like king and queen

Sent on 10/23/2013

Jenna · Married on 08/25/2013

The Rusty Pelican is such a stunning place!! I'm so glad I found this venue. Everything was perfect, beautiful, gorgeous, amazing, etc.! I was a little bit nervous about the food because I went to the tasting and wasn't very impressed, but when it came to the day of the wedding, the food was fantastic! I had the brunch wedding and there was a ton of food! Everyone loved it. I got a lot of compliments about my venue choice! Don made sure that everything went smoothly prior to and the day of the wedding! Thank you Don! If you want to have a spectacular wedding, I highly recommend looking into the Rusty Pelican!

Sent on 08/30/2013

Food was great. It was beautiful to get married at the gazebo with the view of the water around sunset. Don recommended wonderful vendors, and everything was so organized and easy. Would definitely have another event there!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Cady · event on 08/21/2013

The staff at The Rusty Pelican was phenomenal. Not only did they go out of their way to help us get set up and situated, but they also made the extra effort to make their guests feel important. Every person I met was courteous and friendly. The venue was beautiful and everything was done in a timely manner. I would recommend the Rusty Pelican to anyone for a celebration or corporate event.

Sent on 09/16/2013

Tonya D. · Married on 07/27/2013

We were very happy that we chose to use your venue to have our wedding.. We would like to especially thank Don Valente for his level of professionalism.. Thanks for referring us to all the preferred vendors they didn't disappoint us. We will definitely pass on our experience with
    rusty pelican to friends and family seeking a venue for a special occasion. Thanks Mark & Tonya White

Sent on 10/22/2013
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/06/2013

Simply amazing. Don and his team did such a wonderful job. The beauty of the venue far exceed my expectations and all of our guests were blown away! If you are anywhere near Tampa for a special event, you need to have it at The Rusty Pelican.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Hands down excellent. Don was in charge, although he is really particular, everything went exactly as we wanted and all our extra decorations looked beautiful. We had a lady in charge of taking care of bride and groom, Maria, who was over the top amazing, never letting our drinks get close to half empty!

Sent on 08/06/2013

Brianna · Married on 06/14/2013

I just got married here June 14, 2013. From the beginning, Sarah was amazing! She answered all questions within hours. The preferred vendor list came off my minimum if I chose their vendor unlike most venues! The night of, my husband and I got a sneak peek before the guests entered. The view of the water is breathtaking! Everything went perfect!! The food was amazing & the service was incredible!!!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Jeremy · Married on 06/07/2013

My new wife and I held our reception at the Rusty Pelican in June of 2013 and truly believe that we were blessed to have found such a beautiful place. With its amazing scenery, wonderful food, and classy atmosphere, it was the perfect location. It is with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat that I think back to my day, wishing I could do it all again, when I realize that none of it could have gone so greatly without the Rusty Pelican.

Thank you to Sarah for all of your dedication to us and help. We will surely miss you and the memories you brought us.

Sent on 07/27/2013