The Rusty Pelican Reviews

The Rusty Pelican 4
The Rusty Pelican 5
The Rusty Pelican 6
The Rusty Pelican 7

Don is very organized and helps plan the event in stages making it easy to prioritize all the tasks.

Sent on 07/04/2014
  • Ranyouri

Ranyouri · Married on 01/16/2015

When I moved to Florida in 2010 I had no idea I would end up meeting my husband and having the opportunity to meet Don and the crew from Rusty Pelican. I considered them the "all inclusive venue. So with not being from the area I was not sure about photographers, DJs, etc. One thing that I really liked about Rusty Pelican is that they have a list of vendors that you can use (it is not required) so that was a big help. I had the pleasure of working with Don and he was on point. They provide you with a checklist to help keep you on point. If you go by that you will be stress free. I must admit that I was skeptical towards the end (hey this is my first and LAST wedding and didn't know how things went) and found myself emailing and calling more. But each time Don reassured me that everything would be fine and it was! The ceremony was held in the Grand Ball room and the set-up was AMAZING with the view of the water. And when the sun set the reception set up was breathless. One thing that I really appreciated about Rusty Pelican is that after the ceremony and the pictures they took me and my husband to a secluded room to have time alone and eat our appetizers. ALL the staff members were professional, friendly, and on point. If you are looking for a place that has a water view Rusty Pelican is the place and after search all over in the Tampa Bay Area, I think they prices were very reasonable.

A VERY PLEASED BRIDE

Sent on 02/08/2015
  • Y

Yaniela · Married on 01/10/2015

The rusty pelican delivered...oh man did they do a wonderful job! My wedding was exactly what I had pictured! Their service was amazing. Don was truly a pleasure to work with he made my wedding planning easy and simple. He was extremely organized and always took the time to make sure he was on the same page as me. Thankyou Don!

Sent on 06/17/2015

The Rusty Pelican is truly full service! My husband and I could not be happier with Don and all of our vendors. Don is THE BEST in the business. He has the highest level of attention to the small details, is extremely organized, and professional. He helped me and kept me organized every step of the way. My wedding was a bit of a challenge as I grew up in Tampa but lived out of state while planning the wedding. Don and the staff at the Rusty Pelican were flexible and very accommodating to special requests.

Helpful tips to future brides and grooms: TRUST Don... he is a professional and will make your day very special. Use the approved vendors.... the Rusty Pelican is very selective and particular about the vendors that are allowed on their premises for a reason.

Overall excellent experience. I am more than happy to have selected the Rusty Pelican as our venue of choice for the ceremony and reception. The pictures came out phenomenal!!

Sent on 12/22/2014

Casey · Married on 11/22/2014

We are so happy that we got married at the Rusty Pelican! We worked with Don, who is a highly organized wedding planner there at Rusty - and he worked with us from long distance to ensure all of our details were in order. We even had Dueling Pianos as our entertainment and Don worked closely with us and the vendor to make it work - and it was incredible.

On the day of the ceremony/reception, everything ran incredibly smooth. Our guests were all impressed with The Rusty Pelican - the views! The food was incredible - I actually made sure to eat because it was so good :) Norma worked directly with us the entire night and she made sure that we always had a drink in our hand - and even hunted for a safety pin for me when I had a dress emergency. At the end of the night she helped our families clean and pack everything up. I just can't say enough about how wonderful our evening was! It was definitely the largest item in our budget - but very well worth it!

Sent on 02/18/2015
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 11/14/2014

We are so happy that we went with the Rusty Pelican for our big day, everything was perfect! Don was great to work with through out the whole planning process. He is very organized and is always happy to answer questions. The service was excellent! They really went above and beyond what we expected to make our day special. The food was fantastic! Everyone has been telling me it was the best wedding food they've ever had. We had a blast! I would definitely recommend the Rusty Pelican for your wedding or any other event!

Sent on 11/30/2014
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 11/08/2014

The most BEAUTIFUL wedding venue ever!!! I loved every aspect of my wedding (ceremony and reception were in the Grand Ballroom), and it was absolutely perfect. Everything went seamlessly thanks to the professionals at the Rusty Pelican. They were so attentive the day of the wedding, we felt like royalty!!! The venue doesn't offer a full rehearsal because they have weddings going every weekend, but you don't need it because their staff guides you through every step of the day. I definitely recommend this vendor!!!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Nerlan · Married on 11/06/2014

We can't thank The Rusty Pelican enough for the experience that they provided our friends/family with on our wedding day. There professionalism, patience, and quality of service was simply amazing. They made our special day unforgettable for all of us. Thank you!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Kristen · Married on 10/25/2014

We had both our ceremony and reception at Rusty Pelican in Tampa. Both the ceremony and reception were in the Grand Ballroom. We could not have asked for a more perfect night!! The entire staff was extremely attentive and helpful the night of the wedding. They were with us every step of the way.The food was absolutely delicious...the steak was cooked to perfection! Rusty Pelican is such a beautiful location, and the water views were spectacular. We highly recommend Rusty Pelican for a wedding or any other event!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Debra · Married on 10/24/2014

AMAZING!!! Made my wedding experience so simple and fantastic. The location is one out of a fairytale. The staff is wonderful. From beginning to end, they kept everything stress free. Can't stop bragging about the Rusty Pelican and our amazing wedding coordinator Nicole Briggs.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Meiling · Married on 10/19/2014

My dream wedding cake true at this venue. Don valente was our coordinator and that guy knows exactly what he is doing, he is very punctual and nothing slides by him, he's on key. I was a nervous wreck the days leading up to the wedding but I knew he had it under control, the venue was beautiful and I even had someone tell me they felt like they should have sent me a thank you card for inviting them to the wedding because they enjoyed it that much, atmosphere was beautiful!!!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Our planning process had many glitches in it, however the venue/ceremony was never one of them. Don was our planner and he was always there for me whenever I had a question. Would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Meg · Married on 10/11/2014

My daughter and son-in law chose the Rusty Pelican for both their ceremony and reception, Before booking the Rusty Pelican, we had already visited 20 plus other locations and for reasons such as cost, flexibility, food choices, location, etc . . . we were losing hope that we would find the right place. While visiting the Westin Tampa Bay as one possibility, someone suggested we try the Rusty Pelican. We went there without an appointment and at the time Sara was kind enough to show us around. We all fell in love with it . . . . shortly after booking it and paying the deposit, my daughter received a promotion which brought her back to Pittsburgh and Sara left . . . our file was assigned to the wonderful "Don" Working with him long distance was made easy due to his unending experience. He had suggestions that we would have never thought of it.....we were unable to attend the group tasting so he made arrangements for my daughter and I to come in and do a private tasting. The day of the wedding was absolutely PERFECT. The ballroom with his coordination and the wonderful kindness of the staff and Arlene's Floral Designs was just stunning. It was picture perfect. Everything from the ceremony to the cocktail hour, to the reception was flawless. We received compliments from all of our guests as to how beautiful everything was . . . Don knows his stuff and he won't disappoint. If you're looking in the Tampa area I highly suggest this Venue. Everyone was so kind and willing to help in any way.........It will be a day I always remember. Thank You Don !!!!

Sent on 01/14/2015
  • User3198618 · 2+ years ago

The food provided by the Rusty Pelican was absolutely AMAZING! We had chicken Marsala and London broil. Absolutely perfect. The buffet was great with a great selection of options.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Our daughter's wedding ceremony and reception was held at The Rusty Pelican. We could not have been happier with the atmosphere, food and service. The planning was made easy with Don, who paid close attention to every detail. The view of Tampa Bay was hard to beat; the elegance and charm of the venue site was outstanding; the food was absolutely delicious; and the service was phenomenal.

We would highly recommend this venue for both the wedding ceremony and reception.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Amber · Married on 09/05/2014

The rusty pelican was the perfect place for both our ceremony and reception! Don was amazing and the attention to detail was extraordinary! Our guests continue to rant and rave about the food and service for their every need! I would highly recommend the rusty pelican to any bride and groom looking for the best value and the most professional staff to help plan your day! It was perfect!!!

Sent on 09/08/2014
  • Howell-Woodcock

Savannah · Married on 08/01/2014

My wedding planner was Don. He was so detail oriented. Everything I wanted and more I found in him as a wedding planner. The venue gives you a list of the vendors that they recommend and frequently work with and everything and everyone flows so well. I suggest sticking with the vendors on the list provided. The only person we didnt use on their list was a pastor. Our family friend married us. If you want a stress free day where you just show up and have the time of your life pick Don.

Sent on 11/08/2014
  • FutureMrsMorle

Abby · Married on 07/06/2014

The Rusty Pelican made the wedding so easy - We started with Omar who was awesome, but ended with Don who was also so awesome and on top of everything - They give you a timeline...follow it - it makes life so much easier. The wedding was perfect, the space is SO beautiful - it was the only venue I looked at...and the food was amazing. We got so many compliments that it was the best wedding people had been to. GO for it!! It's SOOO worth the money.

Abby and Nick Morle

Sent on 07/22/2014
  • X

Xiao · Married on 06/29/2014

It is a perfect place for wedding! Beautiful ceremony gazebo and bay view reception room! Nicole is so professional, nice, and helpful! I would definitely recommend the Rusty Pelican for new couples!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Cindy · Married on 06/22/2014

Our wedding ceremony and reception were simply amazing. Thank you to Nicole and her team for making our wedding day so perfect! The Rusty a Pelican provided a top notch experience. We highly recommend them. Thank you! Duane and Cindy Powell

Sent on 08/02/2014

We chose to hold both our ceremony and reception at the Rusty Pelican. My sister had her reception in the Pelican/Bay Rooms 5 years ago, and I knew it was the venue for me! I called the RP literally the day after getting engaged knowing it would book up fast! I initially had a planner named Sarah...she left...then had Omar....he left two months before...(a bit stressful)...then requested to have Don (who my sister had). I wish I had Don from the start! He knows his stuff & is very professional! The RP is great at providing you a list of vendors (I used their cake (Publix) & flower (For Better For Less) recommendations) and a step by step list of things you need to provide and when. Follow the list, meet the deadlines & request Don and you will not be stressed at all! On wedding day, Don organized all the guys, got the girls down the aisle and gave me some reminders to really be in the moment & take my time (which was helpful since I was already teary). The service and food at the Rusty Pelican is always awesome & the view is breathtaking! If you are getting married near Tampa, check out the Rusty Pelican, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/21/2014
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 05/17/2014

Amazing venue with stunning views. Don was great to work with; he always answered my calls and emails in a very timely manner and always had an answer. He was incredibly responsive with our needs and handled all the details perfectly. The food was delicious and the service was top notch. Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/25/2014
  • christina

christina · Married on 05/10/2014

Choosing to have the reception at the Rusty Pelican was the best decision we made!!! Don was an amazing person to work with. He knows his job very well and he will make sure you get exactly what you want. Follow his steps and everything about the wedding will go smoothly. The preferred vendors are amazing as well. I had the best vendors I could hope for and they all came off the preferred vendors list. The venue is breathtaking, the food is delicious, and the service is outstanding. Could not dreamed of a more perfect wedding. Thank you to the Rusty Pelican for making our special day the best it could possibly be!!!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Courtney · Married on 05/09/2014

The Rusty Pelican was absolutely amazing for our ceremony and reception. My husband and I worked with Don who was courteous and extremely helpful. Our questions were always answered quickly and we were given step by step instructions to avoid getting overwhelmed with tasks. Everyone said how amazing our wedding and reception was. The site is beautiful and the staff is amazing. My new husband and I got to share a special moment alone where we were given champagne and items from our cocktail hour. That moment spent so much to us. Everything went perfectly and I could not be happier with Don and The Rusty Pelican.

Sent on 05/22/2014

Tanya · Married on 04/27/2014

Don valente was great in helping me planning and very organized had a schedule for me to follow and was amazing. Gave me a list of vendors to use from makeup all the way down to the cake. Norma was our head banquet server who oversaw the whole event. She is fantastic!! Words can't express how amazing she was, as soon as we got there she got us to a small room so we weren't bombarded by our guests, we were able to sit down, relax, and eat some food food before the event continued, our djs were fantastic downtown djs they did a wonderful job playing a variety of music as we had greek, Puerto Rican families!! And our photographer PHENOMENAL photography by Emanuel!! If I had to do it all over again I would definitely keep it the way it happened. Everything went smooth as can be. In the hands of the rusty pelican and the team and vendors we used was more than EXPECTED, kuddos to all the work that was put into our event and can't thank them enough!!!

Sent on 05/03/2014