The Rusty Pelican Reviews

The Rusty Pelican 5
The Rusty Pelican 6
The Rusty Pelican 7

Amy · Married on 03/19/2017

I cannot put into words how perfect our wedding day was, because of this venue! From start to finish, everything was amazing. Katherine Turner was my coordinator, and she always answered every single question I had, met me whenever I needed a face to face visit with her, and ensured our ceremony went off without a hitch. Lisa, our reception lady in charge, was amazing. From making sure my husband and I got a moment to ourselves with some champagne and hors d'oeuvres, from making sure we both were fed first and making sure all of our guests were happy throughout the entire evening, I just can't say enough good things about the people involved and the site in general! We could not be happier that this was our venue for our most special day. Thank you Katherine, Lisa, and The Rusty Pelican!

Sent on 04/07/2017

Melissa · Married on 03/17/2017

The Rusty Pelican was such an amazing place to have our wedding. The views alone make this place absolutely beautiful. We had our ceremony outside at the Gazebo, with the reception in the Grand Ballroom! Every step of the way was easy and fun to deal with for this venue. We had Michael as our coordinator, and he was always very helpful and answered all of our questions! The staff the day of the wedding is absolutely amazing. I cannot say enough about how smooth everything ran. There was absolutely no stress! They make sure everything runs according to plan, and everything is exactly how you wanted it. They work well with the vendors too! Norma was the lady in the reception that took care of us, and she was AMAZING! She always made sure me and the groom were well taken care of! If you are thinking of a nice place to have your wedding, where you don't have to worry about too much then I Highly recommend this venue! All of our guests had a great time and they have all commented on how great the venue was! Also, the FOOD! Absolutely incredible! I have had multiple people tell me that was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! so Tasty!

Sent on 03/27/2017

Nicole · Married on 03/04/2017

The Rusty Pelican was the perfect spot for my husband and I. We looked at some many different venues and couldn't find that perfect one until we went to the rusty pelican. Don was so helpful and keeping me organized during the whole planning process. The venue itself is beautiful and they have a variety of rooms that you an choose from. My husband and I wanted an outside water ceremony but didn't want our guest to have to be in sand. This was the perfect spot as we got the best of both worlds. The food and drinks were fantastic and the tasting they offer is a great experience to meet other people and getting information from them as well. Thank you Rusty Pelican for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 03/24/2017

Michelle · Married on 02/17/2017

Best wedding venue ever! I highly recommend! In fact I just got married last night in the grand ballroom and couldn't wait to write a review. You want Don as coordinator. He will get the job done right. Norma was fabulous and took care of us the whole night as our server! Absolutely the best. Then be sure to book, Arlene floral designs, Frank Lebano and Photo Announce It!!!! Amazing..Exceeded expectations.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Rhonda · Married on 12/18/2016

Planning a wedding is certainly a lot of work, but the staff at The Rusty Pelican make it so much easier. They provide you with a list of preferred vendors and our Rusty Pelcian catering manager, Michael Jessup was very helpful, always willing to provide answers to our questions along the way. On the day of the ceremony, he made sure all of our vendors were there and set up appropriately. He also made sure the family and wedding party knew exactly where to be and what to do for the ceremony. The setting for ceremony was beautiful as were the rooms for cocktail hour and the reception. The food was fantastic and the service by the wait staff captain and his team were flawless. Everything was so well taken care of that we were able to relax and just enjoy the day. We couldn't be happier and are so thankful that we chose The Rusty Pelican for our special day!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Lori · Married on 10/15/2016

My daughter was married at Rusty Pelican on 10/15 and I can say everything was beautiful. When Don tells you don't worry he has everything under control, he does. We had some special requests that were never an issue. The locations is beautiful and the service was outstanding. Every guest said it was the best weddings they have ever attended. The food was great and so was the service, especially the person assigned to my daughter and son-in-law. She was outstanding and so attentive to their every need without being intrusive. I would highly recommend Rusty Pelican and Don. He has got his stuff together.

Sent on 11/04/2016

Jonathan · Married on 10/14/2016

Amazing venue. They worked with all our needs and made the night perfect. Our guests had a great time and still talk about the location. Highly recommend.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Sara · Married on 10/01/2016

Our wedding was so perfect. I couldn't have even pictured it more perfect! Michael made everything effortless and smooth. He always responded quickly to questions and helped guide us along the way. The food is amazing. The views are breathtaking. Amazing pictures everywhere. I have nothing negative to say at all. Must check out this venue.

Sent on 10/04/2016
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 06/25/2016

The staff at The Rusty Pelican was on point! Having worked in a similar environment, my expectations were high and they far exceeded them! My husband and I were never with out a drink. The food and drinks were amazing, the views cannot be beat and it was truly the wedding of our dreams because of Michael and his staff! Thank you!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Keila · Married on 06/03/2016

Don is excellent. He keeps you on point and is very well organized. My fiancé and I had the upmost pleasure of working with him. Everything was beautiful and wonderful. The food was delicious

Sent on 06/14/2016

Brooke · Married on 01/17/2016

Michael and his team were great! We had to move our wedding from outside to inside at last minute and Michael and his team made all the transitions with no problem at all! Our ceremony and reception were marvelous! I want to also give a very special shout out to a team member there at the Rusty Pelican-- Norma! She was absolutely AMAZING and was there by our side the entire wedding night and made sure we had everything we needed!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Danette · Married on 01/16/2016

I cannot express how truly amazing this Venue is. My husband and I were married 3 weeks ago here and had our Reception in the Grand Ball Room. We booked it out a year in advance and they were there every step of the way throughout the planning process. We worked directly with Don and he kept us organized! He made sure everything was well planned out and every little detail was taken care of (thank goodness...bc i'm not a planner). He was very thorough and made sure the wedding went off without a hitch! There is not one thing I would change about the entire day or even throughout the year we planned for it.
    The Ceremony was breathtaking out on the water and the Reception was more than I could have ever asked for! The best thing about this venue is the service. From day one, they let you know that they are there for you and will help in any way possible. It was such a surprise that after our ceremony, we were taken into the Reception (while all the guests were at Cocktail hour) just so we could see "our wedding" first hand and take it all in. We were even given a "private moment" where we were served champagne and all of the appetizers that our guests were eating at cocktail hour. We had the pleasure of meeting and working with Norma on the night of. She was OUTSTANDING! Throughout the entire reception, she made sure we had everything we needed including drinks and food. I cannot thank her enough for everything she did for us that night.
    I cannot express my gratitude towards the staff enough. This venue is truly amazing and will make your experience unforgettable. I would have never imagined a more perfect wedding for myself and husband. If you are looking for a beautiful Ceremony and Reception, AMAZING food and drinks and the best service out there...Rusty Pelican is hands down the best!

Sent on 02/03/2016
  • User4619124 · 2+ years ago

Just married here 10/3/15 and it was amazing. Ask for Don Valente and you will not be disappointed! our guests could not stop talks about the venue and the food. Everything went smooth and we would 100% recommend to anyone else looking for a venue.

Sent on 10/06/2015

The Rusty Pelican is an outstanding wedding venue, combining incredible charm with outstanding service every step of the way. Don Valente guided us through every detail of the process. He is an expert at brining both quality and value together for a wonderful and memorable experience. Don also recommended outstanding vendors that worked seamlessly with the Rusty Pelican making it a perfect day for us!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Brittany · Married on 09/19/2015

Don was AMAZING! I am by no means any type of planner, so Don was a God send. He took care of everything! All I had to do was make various selections by certain dates, that was it! Everything came out perfect! Everyone loved the food, even the super picky groom. And definitely use their preferred vendor list! Everyone talked about what a great time it was! Couldn't be more happy to have picked the Rusty Pelican for our big day.

Sent on 09/27/2015

Patti · Married on 09/19/2015

One word I can think of in describing the wedding and reception at the Rusty Pelican is MAGICAL!!! The staff from day one was very helpful and professional. The food - all I can say is AWESOME!!! Our guests could not stop talking about how great the food was and how beautiful the venue was. The view of the bay in the background while the groom and bride exchanges their vows was simply breathtaking. You cannot go wrong with this venue in my opinion. They are so organized and helpful every step of the way. If you or someone you know is getting married and looking for the perfect spot - look no further than the Rusty Pelican. FABULOUS!!!

Sent on 10/10/2015
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/06/2015

My husband and I had our wedding here on Sept 6th, 2015 and it was beyond our expectations! Don our coordinator was great! Everything went smoothly and very organized. The banquet manager & banquet staff were also fantastic. They were very responsive and took care of our every need! We were so happy with how everything turned out!!

Sent on 09/25/2015

Rachel · Married on 07/10/2015

We loved everything about the Rusty Pelican! We honestly didn't look at any other venue sites in Tampa because we were so impressed that we could get the best of both worlds: a great outside water view, but an indoor ceremony (hey its FL, its HOT). Mike Jessup was our coordinator and he was great to work with. Always answered all of our questions and 90% of the time just called me personally after I sent an e-mail. They make everything easy and have you work with preferred vendors (which you can choose different ones if you wish). The Rusty Pelican also fit my personality of being super organized and on-time. The day of the event went great. They had everything set up and taken care that we didn't have to worry about a thing. I did feel a little rush after the ceremony before our grand entrance and wish I had more time with just my husband and myself to take pictures, but it was nice to have 10 minutes to ourselves. The food was awesome and everyone raved about it. The space size was also perfect too (had about 80 guest)!! I loved every min. of our wedding and only wish it would have lasted longer! Highly recommend and believe it was a great value for everything that is included in your package.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Cassie · Married on 06/06/2015

Mike Jessup was so helpful and made my day worry free! He thought of things I completely forgot about and made the day as seamless as possible. I couldn't have done it without him!

The place was gorgeous and as a destination wedding in Florida, it was cool inside yet you still felt like you were in Florida with the amazing sunset view!

Sent on 07/04/2015

Laura · Married on 05/31/2015

My wedding was perfect! Great location with a beautiful view to see while you marry the love of your life. They made sure everything went smoothly.

Sent on 06/12/2015

Chelsea · Married on 05/01/2015

The Rusty Pelican is a beautiful place to get married! I am so happy in my choice of venue! On our big day everything went so smoothly. The Rusty Pelican has everything in order and no blunders! The food is fantastic at The Rusty Pelican! All the vendors associated with The Rusty Pelican are amazing as well. I was so pleased with this venue and I know you will be too!! Make sure to attend their bridal shows!!

Sent on 05/19/2015

Chelsa · Married on 04/18/2015

The Rusty Pelican saved me from a huge meltdown! I was having a hard time finding a cost effective venue for a reception for under 80 people. Everywhere I looked I have to rent the venue, hire catering, find a place for ceremony, etc etc etc. Once I stepped foot in the building I knew I found the place. I kept seeing Rusty Pelican on lists of places to look at but the name kept turning me off. It is so beautiful and classy, right on the water, and they take care of almost everything! The ceremony, the food, they pay for your cake, linens, seating, and dance floor. The only vendors I had to hire were photographers, the DJ, and the florist. I used their preferred vendors list to get all the vendors and they all were so awesome. I cannot say enough about how wonderful the experience was working with Nicole as my coordinator (which is also included). She really made sure everything went off perfectly.

Sent on 07/29/2015

kimberly · Married on 03/15/2015

I had Don as my wedding coordinator. He was professional, and kept everything flowing. They break down everything in the paperwork and tell you exactly what is due when. There is an open house so you can see each room inside and their "preferred vendors" all set upa nd able to speak with them. The best part about this venue was my wedding day was 100 % stress free. They handled everything and my vendors(that day) as well. My wedding was in the grand ballroom and was breathtaking. My guests all loved the food and the view (two walls of ceiling to floor windows overlooking the bay). The only thing I wasnt a fan of was there is no rehearsals the day before, but it all worked out anyhow.

Sent on 03/31/2015

Jon · Married on 03/06/2015

The Rusty Pelican was the perfect venue for our wedding!! Everyone at our wedding absolutely loved it and had an incredible time!! The staff was very professional and accommodating to all of our needs. Our friends and family had such a great time!!

Sent on 04/12/2015

Ashley · Married on 02/14/2015

Don is awesome at what he does. His staff is also amazing!! Our wedding night was perfect. Staff is prompt and very attentive and the food is delicious!! I highly recommend using the Rusty Pelican for your wedding.

Sent on 02/25/2015