The Rubi House Reviews

1 User photo

The Rubi House 1
  • Sadie

Sadie Hernandez · Married on 10/04/2019

Gorgeous space and great management

The Rubi is a beautiful venue and working with Tana was a wonderful experience. The packages were affordable and it was a bonus for us that we got to bring in our own catering (ourselves!) . Tana worked with is every step of the way and was very responsive if we had any questions. Would highly recommend if looking for an alternative to the Stilwell House or Z Mansion in Tucson if having a smaller wedding.

Sent on 10/14/2019

Laura Wilkins · Married on 05/24/2019

Amazing Venue Mansion

We had our daughters wedding at The Rubi. The Rubi is a wonderful older home downtown Tucson that has been fixed up with a Bakers kitchen, 4 well appointed bathrooms, great bridal changing rooms and bedrooms, a gentleman’s lounge, gorgeous balcony and Bermuda room. When you see the beautiful home especially lit up at night it reminds you of a mansion in New Orleans. I appreciated quite a few things;
    First, the management (Tana) is amazing. She was very accommodating throughout the entire process. Whether text or call or visit she was with me every step. She even volunteered to help out at the wedding which was invaluable.
    Second, other than the beautiful house and seating nothing else is included. I Loved that. I could provide the food that I wanted. I could bring in the DJ that I wanted. I could chose the bartender that I wanted. I chose my own florist, photographer and cake baker. This saved us so much money, over other Tucson venues and I got high quality everything.
    Third, inside the home the Air Conditioning was amazing! If it got to hot outside, we came in. Plus we kept the food in the Bermuda room and it stayed cool and bug free.
    Really the only challenge was parking. However that is most everywhere downtown Tucson.
    If I ever have another event in Tucson, I will definitely use the Rubi again.

Sent on 06/05/2019
    The Rubi House 2

Jeanne Dwan · Married on 05/01/2019

Nothing else like it. The perfect choice. Absolutely memorable.

We had THE BEST celebration at The Rubi when our son graduated from the UofA. We needed a place that would accommodate out of town family and a place to hold a party. The Rubi was THE PERFECT CHOICE as it provided both and so much more!

It ended up being a family retreat-like weekend that was ABSOLUTELY MEMORABLE for all. Having the entire property for the weekend allowed us time to enjoy the historic home while visiting and catching up with one another. Beautiful and comfortable accommodations along with a quick and easy Uber ride to the UofA for the ceremony provided the ability for an unrushed set up for our event after.

Guests at the Open House that evening raved about the venue and what fun it was. Being
    able to host the exact type of event that fit our family's personality (and our budget) rather than having to use a specific caterer allowed us to personalize the event. We opted to have handmade wood-fired pizzas done on the spot accompanied by some offerings from other local favorite college hangouts rather than typical banquet food. And being able to bring our own alcohol featuring beer from a local brewery was a major savings.

After the party, several in our group had time to explore the downtown scene while others “crashed” giving us time to finish cleaning up in the morning instead of having to meet a deadline to be off the premises by a certain time that evening.

I hope to be able to host a wedding for one of our kids here some day. Having the wedding party be able to stay together in the house as well as making it easy and affordable to host an event AND offer pre- and
    post-wedding festivities all in the same place would be ideal.

Thank you for your vision to make The Rubi into a place to be enjoyed by many rather than keeping it exclusively to yourself. Tucson is fortunate to have this available.

Thank you from our entire family!

Sent on 06/28/2019