The Royz Band Reviews

47 | Palmetto, FL

47 Reviews for The Royz Band

The Royz Band. Wow! We really wanted something special for our wedding and we went to hear them sing at a Frosh party at UofT last September (which I highly recommend).

We booked the duo (flute and guitar) to play at our ceremony. They also played "cool" jazz throughout the cocktail hour at the bar area. Then the band sang live throughout the night. Our first dance was to a live rendition of FLY ME TO THE MOON.

We danced throughout the WHOLE night and it made for a really fun night - dancing between courses, between speeches - we just DANCED. The guests were ready to party and it just amplified the band's energy. They did this amazing rendition of "Home For A Rest" that just tore the place up!

They were also very patient with my requests, played everything I wanted (I didn't even bother with a list of songs not to play, I trusted their judgment) and were able to perform a wide range of music for all the age groups. When they're not playing live, they supplement with DJ, so you're able to get the best of both worlds. Trust me, we had jazz, latin, limbo (!?!), slow songs, fast songs and yes, we even played Notorious BIG. Insane.

Oh yeah - Heather is very attentive and quick to respond to correspondence.

Very professional. Book them. Now.

Sent on 09/19/2013

Julie · Married on 06/29/2013

The Royz Band is the best wedding band ever!!!. They played at our wedding during the cocktail hour, dinner, and the reception.

We had a small wedding so we really didn't want anything too overbearing. We wanted elegance. I can not say enough good things about The Royz Band. We got so many compliments on them and they absolutely made our wedding reception.

They play all styles of music and the dance floor was packed all night long. And I have to say their jazz is AMAZING. After coming in to our venue after having pictures taken, I could hear music. It took a minute to realize it was The Royz Band. I said "Is that our band?" When I realized it was, I just about started to cry! They sounded so incredible. Some guests even bought their CD!

Their customer service is fantastic too. Always got back to us quickly and really helped me figure out a schedule for the evening. I REALLY hope you check them out. You won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Laura · Married on 06/15/2013

The Royz Band was terrific, better than we ever expected. All of our guests raved about the band and it was truly amazing to see so many people up dancing, both young and old! Heather and Andre were great throughout the planning process. It couldn't have been any easier. They read the room perfectly and played the right mix of music all night long. Even the toughest music critics in the room were blown away!

Sent on 07/25/2013

Royz Band is AWESOME! Everyone absolutely loved them.

The music was infectious :) They even got people dancing during dinner LOL. After dinner the band rocked until the end of the night with top 40 party music.

Having a live band added so much to our reception and whenever they weren't playing live, they DJ'd with the same style of music.

When I first started looking into having a band, I wasn't sure if we could afford it, but the Royz Band prices are very reasonable, and I am SO GLAD that we went with them! They are totally classy, fun, and very talented. Heather was awesome to deal with from start to finish.

Everyone had a blast and our guests are still talking about our band 4 months later. I can't say enough good things about them.

Definitely our best vendor decision of all was to book the Royz Band

Sent on 09/20/2013

Barb · Married on 05/04/2013

We used the Royz band for our wedding. They were incredible.

Everybody danced the entire night even during dinner. All our guests are still raving about the music and how amazing our band was. They played everything from oldies for my parents friends to top 40. The dance floor was packed all night which was exactly what we wanted.

They were great to work with and made the planning so easy. I was really impressed with everything they did before the wedding. Heather spent a lot of time discussing ideas with us and organized a whole wedding day schedule for us that was just perfect. She was practically our personal wedding planner. I wasn’t expecting that so that was a huge bonus.

We also had them play for our ceremony music and it was beautiful. They even learned a special song for me to walk up the aisle. Then they played jazz while we were having our pictures taken. During the dinner they got our guests dancing between speeches and Heather was also an awesome emcee and kept everything on track in a very fun way. Everyone loved her!

I can’t say enough about them. They really are the best.

We highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/27/2013

Andrea · event on: 11/24/2012

The Royz Band is amazing! We hired them for a fundraiser - it was our first time using a band for entertainment and we are so glad we made the change. From the moment I contacted them they were incredibly professional and willing to do whatever they can to make our night a success. Everyone complimented us on the entertainment and said it was our best year yet! They played everything from new to classic hits. We look forward to hiring them again for this year's event. :)

Sent on 10/07/2013

Outstanding!! The royz band was amazing, Heather was friendly professional and extremely organized. She made our night go by smoothly. The Royz Band kept everyone dancing all night long our guest are still talking about it. They are a great band for a really great price :)

Sent on 12/04/2012

We hired the Royz Band after making a last-minute decision not to use the first band we had booked. We were lucky to be having a Friday wedding and were able to book the Royz Band a few months before our date. (They are very popular - book ahead so you're not disappointed!!) Heather was exceptional to deal with. She was so professional and made it clear that she had everything covered - which put me at ease. The band was fantastic. They were so good throughout dinner that people got up to dance between courses at dinner! They catered to our parents generation and to us and our friends. The dance floor was busy all night and even at the end of the night when they had to close down the guests started to chant "one more song". We were THRILLED. I can't say enough good things about this band - they MADE the party at our wedding!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Julia · Married on 08/19/2012

Out of all of our vendors we had for our wedding, this band was the best! They were so nice, professional, and very talented. I worked out the cost for a DJ and a live band and the band were far better value for money than any DJ. The folks themselves were all really kind, bubbly and vivacious and a year after our wedding, I still rave about them... enough to review them on this website even after a year. I would not do that for any of my other vendors. This band made our wedding special and got members of my family dancing who I had never seen dance before. The list of music they can play well is almost endless, and anything they don't have on the list they offer to learn (given proper time of course). If you are on the fence about your entertainment, don't be, you won't regret dealing with the Royz Band.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Greg and Shelley · Married on 08/05/2012

We had the absolute joy of working with the Royz band at our wedding. I can honestly say they were incredible from the first email we wrote them to the final song they played at our wedding. They were professional and fun to deal with throughout our wedding planning and made our lives so easy and stress free! And on the big day - there delivered an unbelievable performance - which had every guest who attended up on their feet dancing for the whole night. After our big day - pretty much everyone called us to find out who our band was and how incredible they were. We have already recommended them to all of our friends who are getting married and would definitely recommend them to anyone in the future. Thanks again Heather and Andre for making our day so special and just an absolute blast!!!

Sent on 11/27/2013

Babara · Married on 06/16/2012

Jonathan and I would like to thank you for providing us with OUTSTANDING entertainment for our wedding. We are so lucky that we picked the best band!

I do not even know where to begin to thank you for all of your extra work to make our day so special for us. From learning new music for our ceremony, for keeping our guests entertained during cocktail hour so we could have our pictures done, essentially being a wedding planner for the flow of our night (Heather you are wonderful), for having so much energy and talent to keep 4 different cultures entertained and dancing ALL NIGHT TOGETHER! The diversity of your music is most impressive. It has been 2 weeks since our wedding and our guests are still calling and raving about the Royz Band.

So from Jon and I and the 250 guests that were at our wedding, thank you so much for making our wedding one that we will always remember. I can't wait to throw or be at a function where you will be playing. You were by far our best decision!

Much Thanks and Appreciation,
    Jonathan and Babara Zehr

Sent on 12/31/2013

The Royz Band was the talk of the evening. They are extremely versatile (they can play almost anything and very well!) and sound incredible live. The dance floor was absolutely packed from beginning to end. We also opted on the spot for the band to play another hour and they happily obliged. Heather acted as DJ the last hour and she's so awesome!

The music chosen was a combination of Heather's own recommendations and our guest requests. I am utterly bias when it comes to music (basically, I'm embarrassed to tell people the kind of music I like) so I didn't really give all that much input. Heather is wonderful to work with and really takes the time to understand the needs of her clients - I really liked that about her. It's refreshing in this industry.

I had a feeling we would have a very tough crowd to please but either I was wrong or this band really knows how to start a party. I go with the second.

We're huge fans!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Polished, professional and seamless We were thrilled with every aspect of our contact with the Royz Band! Their warmth, approachability and professionalism early on truly put us at ease. But how all the little pieces came together into this smooth, fun, classy and creative "whole" was AMAZING!!! Many of our guests have told us ours was the best, most enjoyable wedding they have ever attended! The seamless way they incorporated all the elements; weaving the intros, dancing, presentations and speeches was masterful. Everyone loved this very creative approach. Somehow Heather and the band managed to give the evening its flow and shape while still keeping the spotlight on the people at the podium. Mostly for us, they made it easy, stress-free and so much FUN! They masterfully coordinated with our venue organizers so that the details were taken care of. Truly, our evening was everything we hoped it would be. If you're planning an event and want polished, knowledgeable professionals as well as a versatile, talented and entertaining band, contact Royz Band.
    Bronwen and Alan

Sent on 12/20/2013

Krista · Married on 08/06/2011

We hired the Royz Band for our wedding, and they were absolutely fantastic! We had a diverse range of guests, and everyone loved them. They are incredibly talented, and set a great tone for the whole night. Heather was a pleasure to work with leading up to the event. She is incredibly organized and knowledgeable, and I was grateful for her event planning expertise. Overall, the Royz Band surpassed our expectations. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for live music for their event.

Sent on 11/27/2013

Sue · Married on 10/23/2010

Truly Unforgettable
    From the moment we met them, Heather and Andre were professional, warm and engaged. Throughout the planning phase Heather made us feel as if our wedding was the most important event on their agenda, and when the day finally arrived, they turned our celebration into a party of a lifetime, truly beyond all expectations! The performance was amazing. Our family and friends will be talking about the Royz Band and our wedding celebration for a very, very long time. And don't just think of the Royz Band for weddings - they'd be great for any special event of any scale and tempo. Check out their website and you won't have to look any further.

Sent on 12/19/2013

Jesse · Married on 10/16/2010

We had the privilege of having Royz Band play at our wedding in October of 2010. We always said that the music and food make or break a wedding. We could have left the food out and our guests would have still had a great time! Three years later, we are still getting compliments on how good the Royz Band were. Aside from their undeniable talent, they are extremely professional and thorough. The dance floor was never empty and we had to beg Heather for an encore. She also let the DJ set at the end of the night run long. We have recommended Royz Band to a number of people and will continue to do so as long as they are playing. If you haven't had a chance to hear these guys play, you're missing out! Thank you so much to Heather, Andre, and John. All the Best.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Jolene · Married on 10/16/2010

Heather, John and Andre-

We cannot begin to express our gratitude to you for all your hard work on Saturday (and the whole planning process). You went above and beyond your call of duty and we are so grateful.

Andre, I want you to know that we definitely heard Let It Be as we were taking photos. It was perfect. Beautiful. Hey Jude as well. Two of my favourite Beatles tunes back to back live. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Thank You.

We would also like you to know the array of compliments we got on "our band". Everyone loved you and were so impressed with the way you kept the dance floor "jumpin'. We truly looooove you guys!

Hope to see you soon.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Alli · Married on 08/23/2009

The Royz band provided the most amazing music we could have dreamed of at our wedding! We expected them to be great because we'd read so many comments about them on the internet but they were even better than we could have imagined.

EVERYONE was raving about Heather's totally amazing voice and how she could sing anything from Alicia Keys to ACDC, and sounded even better than the originals:)

We are so happy we chose The Royz Band because they totally MADE our wedding. The music was the most important thing for us so we probably went out to see every band in Toronto but as soon as we heard them we just knew they were the ONLY choice for us. I just know that no other band could have played so much variety of music and been so much fun for everyone from our grandparents to our school friends. They are totally the best!

They played classical music for our ceremony in the chapel and then they played jazz for our guests while we had our pictures taken. Then they played all through dinner and the guests were dancing before the salad was even served LOL! Everyone loved it. After dinner they played dance music and the floor was completely packed all night.

On a personal note, I almost felt like Heather was my own personal wedding planner. She helped me put all the details together and sent me schedules and outlines and made suggestions for things I never even would have thought about. I can't imagine how I would have done it without her.

I would give them a 100 out of 5 if I could. They were just totally awesome.

Sent on 10/29/2009

Michelle · Married on 06/14/2009

Hi Heather,

I just wanted to take a moment to sincerly thank you for your amazing services for our wedding.

You really went over and beyond to make sure our day was perfect, from coordinating special effects with the videographer and even taking the time to develop a personal relationship with me, that I truly valued.

You helped make the wedding planning experience smooth and easy; you alleviated many stresses and I knew we could always count on you.

You immediately understood our vision and through that, you were able to create a very memorable day for us.

We have received a lot of feed back about the wedding, and all our guests have said they loved the music. From the cocktail duo, the band, and the DJing, they found you and the band to be professional, fun, talented, and clever in your song selection.

Especially considering our wedding was on a Sunday evening, you guys did an amazing job of making sure everyone was dancing and singing along until 1am.

We are very grateful to you and the band for all your hard work.

Thank you again and we look forward to working with you again someday,

Sent on 07/25/2009

Barbara · Married on 10/18/2008

The Royz Band Rocks

It also does jazz, blues, country and pretty much anything else. When we decided to get married we wanted first and foremost to have a great party and The Royz Band were the easy choice. They not only put on a great show that kept people going until the wee hours but their advice on music choice, room layout and the pacing of events was invaluable. They became our wedding consultants! Truly professional in every way. They also provided beautiful classical guitar and flute for the actual wedding service. We were able to meet and chat with them on a regular basis to ensure every detail was taken care of. We are now contemplating an anniversary party and guess who’d we’d love to have handle the music.

Sent on 08/15/2013

Honey · Married on 09/29/2007

Royz Band provided an excellent and amazing service during our wedding reception. I highly recommend them, especially if you want to differentiate your wedding from the rest.

To-date, our guests still complement us on the band and our wedding.

Sent on 08/15/2013

Michelle · Married on 04/22/2006

3.5

We hired the Royz Band for our wedding. They provided us with dinner music, intermission music and reception music. We were really after Caribbean/R&B type music but wanted a live band and could not find one in our first choice genre of music as we had limited time. They did inform us that they were not really a R&B/Caribbean music band. However, they played wonderful jazz music during dinner which was regarded as classy by all of our guests. They also played similiar music during the intermission between the ceremony and reception that were held at the same place which we loved as they played as we walked out of the wedding ceremony and into the hall where they were. During some of the games, we were very impressed by some of the choices of their music which in fact did include some reggae! We felt they were tuned in to our crowd. The singer of the band also doubles as a DJ and had provided us in advance with music lists to choose from for both band and dj music. They also asked us what type of attire we wanted them to have. (formal, casual, etc). We would recommend this band for those wanting to hear modern day pop, 60' to 80's music, jazz, piano, and ballroom.

Sent on 08/08/2008