The Royer House Reviews

35 | Westminster, MD

35 Reviews for The Royer House

35 The Royer House Reviews

Becky · Married on 09/21/2018

Breathtakingly beautiful venue! Extremely helpful coordinators. They will do whatever possible to help with making sure your day is perfect. (Even if that means taking care of difficult vendors for you)
    If you're looking for an outdoor wedding that has a wonderful tent in case of rain or heat, this is the perfect place.
    Thank you Jennifer, Brittany, and Alex!

Ashleigh · Married on 09/01/2018

Loved it was the best day of my life

Victoria · Married on 07/23/2018

What a find! The Royer House is a truly amazing place. I fell in love with the venue the day that I saw it and knew we had to have our wedding there. The upstairs worked perfectly with having hair and makeup done with our wedding party while the basement provided plenty of entertainment for the groomsmen. If the house itself doesn't sell the venue the family should! We loved the chance to work with Brittany and Jen. Our wedding day went off without a hitch! The venue is really perfect from the ceremony site to the reception tent. We cannot recommend this venue enough!!

Cristen · Married on 06/15/2018

The Royer House was the first and only wedding venue we looked at. It is absolutely gorgeous! From the moment we met Jen and her family on our first tour, we knew we were in good hands and didn't feel the need to schedule any other venue tours. Throughout the entire wedding planning process we were treated like family. Every time another one of my family members wanted to see our venue, Jen welcomed us with open arms (literally- we were always hugged upon arrival)! I never had to wait more than a day for a response to my countless emails and phone calls, and she always reached out if there was something I needed to know. Oh- and BEST part about the venue- it's pet friendly! Our dog was in our wedding party and hung out at the reception :) Our wedding was beautiful and all ran smoothly thanks to Jen and the Royer House crew. I would most definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

The Royer House 1
    The Royer House 7
    The Royer House 8
    The Royer House 9

Beverly · Married on 06/02/2018

Jen, Mark, and Brittany were so incredibly helpful from the very beginning which made Emily & Garett's wedding perfect!

Erin · Married on 05/26/2018

Our experience with The Royer House and staff was amazing. The process was incredible and so smooth the entire time! The staff are there to help you along the way and are great at responding to all of your questions. We couldn’t have asked for a better venue for our special day! I highly recommend this venue!

The Royer House 10
    The Royer House 11
    The Royer House 12
  • Cailley

Cailley · Married on 05/05/2018

My wedding was at The Royer House a few weeks ago and it was truly the best day of my life. First let’s start with their responsiveness, I had the pleasure of having Brittany had my day of coordinator and she was wonderful. Her along with Jen, were constantly in contact and would respond to every email very quickly. The Royer House lets you bring in your own vendors which is a huge plus and really helps you keep within your own budget. You also are the only wedding that day and get the venue for 12 hours which is a tremendous value. Brittany was incredible, absolutely the best on the day of keeping family members happy and everyone on schedule. It rained on my wedding day and there was seriously 1 hour to get pictures and the ceremony done and Brittany made sure that we were able to have both done outside before the heavy rain. The venue itself is stunning. The trees that line the drive way are beautiful the landscaping is done so well and the wisteria bloomed just in time for my wedding. The tent is gorgeous inside & they provide great portable restrooms. I cannot day enough good things about The Royer House. You will not be disappointed.

The Royer House 13
    The Royer House 14
    The Royer House 15
    The Royer House 16

Hannah · Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I got Married at The Royer House this past fall. I was the first of my siblings to get married. My parents and I looked at The Royer House as my very first venue. I fell in love immediately. Little did I know at that time how amazing Mrs. Jen and her daughter Alex would make this experience for me. I had no clue what I was doing. I needed all kinds of vendors. They recommended vendors that they had worked with in the past that were not only great but affordable. I even had a mini crisis with our caterer, I called Mrs. Jen and even on her own vacation she answered my call and helped me. The venue itself is beautiful. However, the service they offer goes above and beyond. I would 100% recommend this venue. I already have been to anyone I know who is getting married. My entire experience was amazing. They made my wedding day perfect and one that will have a special place in my heart forever.

Skylar · Married on 10/27/2017

They made the process very simple and were eager to assist us in anyway possible. They are a wonderful family and we are very glad we worked with them for our big day.

Nora · Married on 10/14/2017

The Royer House was the perfect location for my wedding! The staff was EXTREMELY responsive and helped with anything and everything that I needed. Alex did an amazing job as my day of coordinator and made sure the day went 100% smooth. I would recommend the Royer House to anyone! So beautiful, spacious, and perfect!

• Z

Zach · Married on 10/13/2017

Awesome vendor and location. We were able to do both the reception and ceremony, as well as rehearsal although we opted to skip. The property is very nice and relaxing big enough for a 200 person wedding we only had about 100. They were able to work with all our other vendors for a very easy day of. The huge pavilion is a nice plus, well lit and comfortable during October and its a good backup in-case it rains.

Another great feature for the wedding party is the house, plenty of space to relax, walk around the property and great spots for pictures, our photographer was very impressed. Speaking of other vendors they provided a very nice bar for the reception area which our bartenders were very happy with.

Overall you can not beat the price for everything you get here, worth the drive to check out the place very nice staff that responded well and coordinated with our vendors with no problems

The Royer House 17
    The Royer House 18
    The Royer House 19
  • Ajena

Ajena · Married on 10/08/2017

The moment I visited this venue, I was in love and knew I wanted to have my wedding here. It was everything I wanted from the beautiful natural scenery to the professional and helpful owners/staff. Jennifer and Alex always responded promptly to my emails and everyone was so helpful in making my wedding day perfect. Even though, I was unable to have my outdoor ceremony due to the rain, I wouldn't have changed a thing. Alex was a godsend of a day of coordinator which was included in the cost. If you're looking for an amazing venue with an abundance of great photo opportunities, helpful staff, and a laid back, relaxing atmosphere, you can't go wrong in choosing The Royer House.

The Royer House 20
    The Royer House 21
    The Royer House 22
    The Royer House 23
    The Royer House 24
    The Royer House 25
    The Royer House 26

Ashleigh · Married on 10/07/2017

Absolutely amazing experience with The Royer House. The whole family was so accommodating! They let your vision come to life and help make your day easy/worry free as a bride. The venue is so beautiful and was exactly what we dreamed of. Very satisfied with the entire process with The Royer House! Definitely recommend!

The Royer House 27
    The Royer House 28
    The Royer House 29

Lindsay · Married on 10/07/2017

I cannot recommend the Royer House enough! Not only is the location absolutely beautiful, but Jen and her team are just amazing. They were so responsive to my emails and very accomodating of all of our requests. I love that this is a family-owned venue; Jen and her daughters made my family and I feel so welcomed and comfortable throughout the process of planning the wedding.

• Angeli

Angeli · Married on 09/17/2017

We could not have asked for a better venue and service!! This is a family owned bussiness and we truly felt the hospitality. They were incredibly accommodating and willing to answer our many questions!! Let me start out by saying the venue is BEAUTIFUL! Everywhere you look you are surrounded by nature. The feel is serene and romantic. I loved that the bridal party and I could all get ready there. There girls on the second floor and the guys in a "den" in the basement where they could play pool and relax. The house also made for great pics with so much character and charm! The ceremony was held under a willow tree next to a pond and the pictures were AMAZING! It was truly a dream come true to have our wedding at The Royer House!

The Royer House 30
    The Royer House 31
    The Royer House 32
    The Royer House 33

Erin · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I wanted a venue we could personalize and we knew this place was perfect the first moment we saw it! Jennifer (the owner) is so helpful and has a great sense of humor which made working with her a lot of fun!. Brittany was our day-of coordinator and she could not have made the day any easier/smoother! Every Royer House staffer is really fabulous. They are all super helpful, without being obtrusive.

They really go above and beyond! I forgot my bouquet and Brittany went right outside and cut roses from their garden for me to hold in a few photos as a stand-in until my mom brought the real bouquet!

Thank you to the Royer House for the greatest wedding gift anyone could ever want...a fun, beautiful, stress-free wedding day!

Brittany · Married on 08/26/2017

We are so happy we chose The Royer House. It was so convenient for everyone to get ready, do the pictures, ceremony,cocktail hour and reception all in one. When people arrived, their jaws dropped- not expecting a tent and pond to be so magical. The staff was awesome. Amongst all the chaos, they kept everything organized and on time. Yes, we started on time!
    We're so happy with everything about our special day.

The Royer House 34
    The Royer House 35
    The Royer House 36

Ashley · Married on 08/26/2017

Everyone at The Royer House was amazing! They helped make the best day of my life perfect! Everyone was nice, flexible and accommodating. Having all the best characteristics, like they did, will make your day a day to remember. I would highly recommend them to all.

Hannah · Married on 08/19/2017

We LOVED the Royer House for our August wedding last month. It was the second venue we looked at, and within two minutes of leaving we just knew we had found the one and called them to book. Not only was it an amazing value (cost includes all day at the venue AND all table and chair rentals), but Jen was so personal and made us feel like we were their only clients. The property is gorgeous and while it is mostly a DIY venue, between the lighted tent, fire pits, and gardens, it honestly doesn't need anything. My guests were asking all night where I found such a gem. Our day of coordinator (also included in the cost) Brittany, executed the day flawlessly. I didn't have to lift a finger the day of, and could focus on just getting ready. If you want a beautiful property that is also flexible and a great value go with the Royer House. They are truly special, I would get married there a million times if I could!

Allyson · Married on 06/24/2017

We could not have asked for a better venue for our wedding! Jen and Brittany were so accommodating and were wonderful to work with. Brittany was our coordinator for the day and she helped ensure that set-up and the ceremony ran smoothly. The beautiful scenery created incredible wedding pictures as well. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the wedding was. I would highly recommend the Royer House!

Karen · Married on 06/17/2017

I first emailed Jen at The Royer House to see if we could visit the venue and I knew it was going to be an incredible experience by her first response. Upon arriving at the venue, the beauty of the place took our breath away and we knew it was going to be the place where my daughter was going to be married. It was everything Sarah wanted, from the beautiful natural scenery, tree-lined driveway, and tented reception area. The family were absolutely wonderful, helpful, and accommodating. They made us feel right at home and helped us through the entire process. We were able to do the rehearsal, ceremony, and reception all at the same place. Having the day of coordinator made the day go amazingly smooth. All in all, it was a perfect day. I would highly recommend The Royer House.

The Royer House 37
    The Royer House 38
    The Royer House 39
    The Royer House 40

Patrick · Married on 05/28/2017

If you choose the Royer House you will be taken care of by people who genuinely care about your wedding being a success. The venue itself is beautiful and perfect for both the ceremony and reception. It had everything we needed... house was very nice and had plenty of room for a bridal party of 16! We held our ceremony down by the pond in late May and it couldn't have been better, and tent... you can barely tell its a tent with how nice it is inside. What I'd like to highlight though is not just how nice the venue was... there are many very nice wedding venues. What I'd like to highlight for anyone who reads this is that if you choose the Royer House you will treated honestly, with respect, and have the pleasure of working with a family run operation who will take care of you as if you were family to them as well. Brittany was our on site coordinator and I'd like to commend her for her professionalism. She patiently answered dozens of questions from my wife and I in the weeks leading up to the event... and always gave us direct, accurate answers. If she didn't know something she told us so and got back to us quickly. I think our experience can be summed up with the following: An hour before the wedding it unexpectedly started raining. Although it would have been far easier for the staff to push us to make our choice whether to move under the tent or keep it outside, Brittany allowed us to hold off on the decision for the maximum amount of time, and then made the recommendation we keep the wedding outside based on the latest forecast. Once that call was made the staff wiped down all chairs and ensured things were ready within 15 min. They made it very clear it was our day and wanted to help make it as special as possible. I recommend the Royer House as the venue of choice for anyone looking in the Maryland/DC area.

Christina · Married on 05/20/2017

When we were deciding where to book our wedding, we had specific goals in mind-close to our house, an outdoor area to get married, a tent for the reception, and being able to get ready at the venue. The Royer House fit all of these criteria, and by being able to select our own vendors, we were able to keep costs lower. Jen, Alex, and Brittany were fantastic-Jen helped us with booking the venue and answering our questions when we toured, Brittany was a great help with setting up and tearing down the day of, and Alex was absolutely the most patient person I have met-I must have emailed her at least once a day for the month before the wedding, and she answered each question quickly and completely. We were able to have the wedding of our dreams while keeping it within a budget, and at a gorgeous location. We cannot thank Jen, Alex and Brittany enough for all they did for us-we had a perfect day!!!

• User5385356 · 1+ year ago

The Royer House is the perfect venue to make the wedding of your dreams. The family that owns it is SO kind and helpful through the whole process. I emailed Alex 100s of times asking questions and she was always informative and positive with each and every interaction. During our rehearsal and day of - Alex made sure we were on schedule, knew where to go and what was the best way to do things. I am SO incredibly appreciative of EVERYTHING they offered us. A relaxed setting where I got to create the wedding my husband and I wanted! Every guest raved about the beautiful driveway, pond and abundance of nature surrounding us :) It was an amazing day and I can't thank Alex and her family enough for everything!

The Royer House 41
    The Royer House 42
    The Royer House 43
    The Royer House 44
    The Royer House 45
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 10/29/2016

We changed our date giving 3 moths to plan our entire wedding and The Royer House was absolutely everything we could have ever asked for, Alex and her entire family were so much help the day of, very flexible and always responsive to text or email.