34 Reviews for The Royer House

Clean Up (3)
Pet Friendly (3)
Wireless Internet (2)
34 The Royer House Reviews

What a find! The Royer House is a truly amazing place. I fell in love with the venue the day that I saw it and knew we had to have our wedding there. The upstairs worked perfectly with having hair and makeup done with our wedding party while the basement provided plenty of entertainment for the groomsmen. If the house itself doesn't sell the venue the family should! We loved the chance to work with Brittany and Jen. Our wedding day went off without a hitch! The venue is really perfect from the ceremony site to the reception tent. We cannot recommend this venue enough!!

Profile Picture Victoria, 7/23/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Royer House was the first and only wedding venue we looked at. It is absolutely gorgeous! From the moment we met Jen and her family on our first tour, we knew we were in good hands and didn't feel the need to schedule any other venue tours. Throughout the entire wedding planning process we were treated like family. Every time another one of my family members wanted to see our venue, Jen welcomed us with open arms (literally- we were always hugged upon arrival)! I never had to wait more than a day for a response to my countless emails and phone calls, and she always reached out if there was something I needed to know. Oh- and BEST part about the venue- it's pet friendly! Our dog was in our wedding party and hung out at the reception :) Our wedding was beautiful and all ran smoothly thanks to Jen and the Royer House crew. I would most definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Photos
Profile Picture Cristen , 6/15/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor

Jen, Mark, and Brittany were so incredibly helpful from the very beginning which made Emily & Garett's wedding perfect!

Profile Picture Beverly, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience with The Royer House and staff was amazing. The process was incredible and so smooth the entire time! The staff are there to help you along the way and are great at responding to all of your questions. We couldn’t have asked for a better venue for our special day! I highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Erin , 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding was at The Royer House a few weeks ago and it was truly the best day of my life. First let’s start with their responsiveness, I had the pleasure of having Brittany had my day of coordinator and she was wonderful. Her along with Jen, were constantly in contact and would respond to every email very quickly. The Royer House lets you bring in your own vendors which is a huge plus and really helps you keep within your own budget. You also are the only wedding that day and get the venue for 12 hours which is a tremendous value. Brittany was incredible, absolutely the best on the day of keeping family members happy and everyone on schedule. It rained on my wedding day and there was seriously 1 hour to get pictures and the ceremony done and Brittany made sure that we were able to have both done outside before the heavy rain. The venue itself is stunning. The trees that line the drive way are beautiful the landscaping is done so well and the wisteria bloomed just in time for my wedding. The tent is gorgeous inside & they provide great portable restrooms. I cannot day enough good things about The Royer House. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Cailley, 5/5/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor

My husband and I got Married at The Royer House this past fall. I was the first of my siblings to get married. My parents and I looked at The Royer House as my very first venue. I fell in love immediately. Little did I know at that time how amazing Mrs. Jen and her daughter Alex would make this experience for me. I had no clue what I was doing. I needed all kinds of vendors. They recommended vendors that they had worked with in the past that were not only great but affordable. I even had a mini crisis with our caterer, I called Mrs. Jen and even on her own vacation she answered my call and helped me. The venue itself is beautiful. However, the service they offer goes above and beyond. I would 100% recommend this venue. I already have been to anyone I know who is getting married. My entire experience was amazing. They made my wedding day perfect and one that will have a special place in my heart forever.

Profile Picture Hannah, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They made the process very simple and were eager to assist us in anyway possible. They are a wonderful family and we are very glad we worked with them for our big day.

Profile Picture Skylar, 10/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Royer House was the perfect location for my wedding! The staff was EXTREMELY responsive and helped with anything and everything that I needed. Alex did an amazing job as my day of coordinator and made sure the day went 100% smooth. I would recommend the Royer House to anyone! So beautiful, spacious, and perfect!

Profile Picture Nora, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Awesome vendor and location. We were able to do both the reception and ceremony, as well as rehearsal although we opted to skip. The property is very nice and relaxing big enough for a 200 person wedding we only had about 100. They were able to work with all our other vendors for a very easy day of. The huge pavilion is a nice plus, well lit and comfortable during October and its a good backup in-case it rains.

Another great feature for the wedding party is the house, plenty of space to relax, walk around the property and great spots for pictures, our photographer was very impressed. Speaking of other vendors they provided a very nice bar for the reception area which our bartenders were very happy with.

Overall you can not beat the price for everything you get here, worth the drive to check out the place very nice staff that responded well and coordinated with our vendors with no problems

Profile Picture Zach, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The moment I visited this venue, I was in love and knew I wanted to have my wedding here. It was everything I wanted from the beautiful natural scenery to the professional and helpful owners/staff. Jennifer and Alex always responded promptly to my emails and everyone was so helpful in making my wedding day perfect. Even though, I was unable to have my outdoor ceremony due to the rain, I wouldn't have changed a thing. Alex was a godsend of a day of coordinator which was included in the cost. If you're looking for an amazing venue with an abundance of great photo opportunities, helpful staff, and a laid back, relaxing atmosphere, you can't go wrong in choosing The Royer House.

Photo
Profile Picture Ajena, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely amazing experience with The Royer House. The whole family was so accommodating! They let your vision come to life and help make your day easy/worry free as a bride. The venue is so beautiful and was exactly what we dreamed of. Very satisfied with the entire process with The Royer House! Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot recommend the Royer House enough! Not only is the location absolutely beautiful, but Jen and her team are just amazing. They were so responsive to my emails and very accomodating of all of our requests. I love that this is a family-owned venue; Jen and her daughters made my family and I feel so welcomed and comfortable throughout the process of planning the wedding.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is beautiful and the staff at the Royer House are wonderful. They truly care about making your special day as perfect as can be!

Profile Picture Kirstin, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Perfect venue for the perfect day! They really worked with me and my concerns. I had some day of issues and they fixed them and made it perfect!!!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have asked for a better venue and service!! This is a family owned bussiness and we truly felt the hospitality. They were incredibly accommodating and willing to answer our many questions!! Let me start out by saying the venue is BEAUTIFUL! Everywhere you look you are surrounded by nature. The feel is serene and romantic. I loved that the bridal party and I could all get ready there. There girls on the second floor and the guys in a "den" in the basement where they could play pool and relax. The house also made for great pics with so much character and charm! The ceremony was held under a willow tree next to a pond and the pictures were AMAZING! It was truly a dream come true to have our wedding at The Royer House!

Profile Picture Angeli, 9/17/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Set Up

My husband and I wanted a venue we could personalize and we knew this place was perfect the first moment we saw it! Jennifer (the owner) is so helpful and has a great sense of humor which made working with her a lot of fun!. Brittany was our day-of coordinator and she could not have made the day any easier/smoother! Every Royer House staffer is really fabulous. They are all super helpful, without being obtrusive.

They really go above and beyond! I forgot my bouquet and Brittany went right outside and cut roses from their garden for me to hold in a few photos as a stand-in until my mom brought the real bouquet!

Thank you to the Royer House for the greatest wedding gift anyone could ever want...a fun, beautiful, stress-free wedding day!

Profile Picture Erin, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Every bride at some point has a vision in mind for what their wedding will look like. The Royer House truly helped me make that happen! With such a flexible venue, I was able to pick everything that I wanted. Every time I emailed, texted, or called, they were quick to respond and always had helpful ideas or answers! I didn't feel bogged down and suffocating with HAVING to chose what vendors The Royer House has used in the past. This place was worth every penny. Highly recommend for any bride!

Profile Picture Maria, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We are so happy we chose The Royer House. It was so convenient for everyone to get ready, do the pictures, ceremony,cocktail hour and reception all in one. When people arrived, their jaws dropped- not expecting a tent and pond to be so magical. The staff was awesome. Amongst all the chaos, they kept everything organized and on time. Yes, we started on time!
We're so happy with everything about our special day.

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Everyone at The Royer House was amazing! They helped make the best day of my life perfect! Everyone was nice, flexible and accommodating. Having all the best characteristics, like they did, will make your day a day to remember. I would highly recommend them to all.

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Uncovered Outdoor

We LOVED the Royer House for our August wedding last month. It was the second venue we looked at, and within two minutes of leaving we just knew we had found the one and called them to book. Not only was it an amazing value (cost includes all day at the venue AND all table and chair rentals), but Jen was so personal and made us feel like we were their only clients. The property is gorgeous and while it is mostly a DIY venue, between the lighted tent, fire pits, and gardens, it honestly doesn't need anything. My guests were asking all night where I found such a gem. Our day of coordinator (also included in the cost) Brittany, executed the day flawlessly. I didn't have to lift a finger the day of, and could focus on just getting ready. If you want a beautiful property that is also flexible and a great value go with the Royer House. They are truly special, I would get married there a million times if I could!

Profile Picture Hannah, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We could not have asked for a better venue for our wedding! Jen and Brittany were so accommodating and were wonderful to work with. Brittany was our coordinator for the day and she helped ensure that set-up and the ceremony ran smoothly. The beautiful scenery created incredible wedding pictures as well. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the wedding was. I would highly recommend the Royer House!

Profile Picture Allyson, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor

I first emailed Jen at The Royer House to see if we could visit the venue and I knew it was going to be an incredible experience by her first response. Upon arriving at the venue, the beauty of the place took our breath away and we knew it was going to be the place where my daughter was going to be married. It was everything Sarah wanted, from the beautiful natural scenery, tree-lined driveway, and tented reception area. The family were absolutely wonderful, helpful, and accommodating. They made us feel right at home and helped us through the entire process. We were able to do the rehearsal, ceremony, and reception all at the same place. Having the day of coordinator made the day go amazingly smooth. All in all, it was a perfect day. I would highly recommend The Royer House.

Profile Picture Karen, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you choose the Royer House you will be taken care of by people who genuinely care about your wedding being a success. The venue itself is beautiful and perfect for both the ceremony and reception. It had everything we needed... house was very nice and had plenty of room for a bridal party of 16! We held our ceremony down by the pond in late May and it couldn't have been better, and tent... you can barely tell its a tent with how nice it is inside. What I'd like to highlight though is not just how nice the venue was... there are many very nice wedding venues. What I'd like to highlight for anyone who reads this is that if you choose the Royer House you will treated honestly, with respect, and have the pleasure of working with a family run operation who will take care of you as if you were family to them as well. Brittany was our on site coordinator and I'd like to commend her for her professionalism. She patiently answered dozens of questions from my wife and I in the weeks leading up to the event... and always gave us direct, accurate answers. If she didn't know something she told us so and got back to us quickly. I think our experience can be summed up with the following: An hour before the wedding it unexpectedly started raining. Although it would have been far easier for the staff to push us to make our choice whether to move under the tent or keep it outside, Brittany allowed us to hold off on the decision for the maximum amount of time, and then made the recommendation we keep the wedding outside based on the latest forecast. Once that call was made the staff wiped down all chairs and ensured things were ready within 15 min. They made it very clear it was our day and wanted to help make it as special as possible. I recommend the Royer House as the venue of choice for anyone looking in the Maryland/DC area.

Profile Picture Patrick, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we were deciding where to book our wedding, we had specific goals in mind-close to our house, an outdoor area to get married, a tent for the reception, and being able to get ready at the venue. The Royer House fit all of these criteria, and by being able to select our own vendors, we were able to keep costs lower. Jen, Alex, and Brittany were fantastic-Jen helped us with booking the venue and answering our questions when we toured, Brittany was a great help with setting up and tearing down the day of, and Alex was absolutely the most patient person I have met-I must have emailed her at least once a day for the month before the wedding, and she answered each question quickly and completely. We were able to have the wedding of our dreams while keeping it within a budget, and at a gorgeous location. We cannot thank Jen, Alex and Brittany enough for all they did for us-we had a perfect day!!!

Profile Picture Christina, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews