The Royalton Mansion Reviews

The Royalton Mansion 3
The Royalton Mansion 4
The Royalton Mansion 5

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2013

This place is gorgeous- The food was the best I have ever had at any wedding- George and staff were so great- so attentive and amazing- I highly reccomend this venue to anyone getting married!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Sheryl · Married on 09/22/2013

The Royalton is by far the best venue to hold a wedding. I cannot tell you the amount of compliments you will receive about the FOOD and Service. George ran our party and he was terrific. Michelle was my bridal attendant and I don't know what I would have done without her. I would 100 percent request both of them for your party. Thank you so much, what a great wedding!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Alessandra · Married on 09/15/2013

The Royalton will exceed your expectations on every level! We had our wedding there two weeks ago and it is still being talked about by friends, family, and us! My husband and I both work in the restaurant industry in Manhattan; I manage service and he is a chef. As you could imagine, the food and service at our wedding was very important to us. When I first called The Royalton, I asked if they could email some sample menus to take a look at. Gerard told me he couldn't because they don't have sample menus. His exact words were "We'll do whatever you want"! He explained to me that we would sit down with him and Chef Mike and create a menu that is exactly what we want it to be. What more could you ask for!? They will get as creative as you want them to and believe me- we got creative! Any reception hall anywhere can tell you "yes" all they want and as many times as they think you want to hear it. The difference between many catering halls and The Royalton is that they DELIVER. Everything we asked for happened from start to finish. There were even little things along the way that popped up which we didn't necessarily ask for but were wonderful and it showed how much they all really put into it. Just for an example, our cake had cannoli cream filling because I love cannolis! They had some extra filling from our cake and make a giant cannoli to display in the Viennese Hour- everyone went nuts over this larger than life cannoli! The food was excellent! The service was exceptional as well. Every single staff member was kind, smiling, and showed genuine hospitality to not just the stars of the show but all of our guests as well. My bridal attendant, Michelle, wouldn't even let me carry my own clutch! She stood ten steps away the entire night and helped guide us through the mayhem between the cocktail hour and entrance. I really can't say enough about how fantastic all of their staff members were. I would do it all over in a second at The Royalton!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Allison · Married on 09/08/2012

I had the most perfect fairytale wedding and it was all thanks to Gerard and The Royalton! I can not say enough about how fantastic this venue is and all the great service and people that work there. I was blown away by all the details they included and how they made sure everything was running smoothly. My husband and I could not have had a better place to get married and celebrate. The food was delicious and the service was top notch... I wouldn't change anything about my experience there! It was beautiful and magical!

Sent on 11/29/2012

rachelle · Married on 08/17/2012

best place ever! Mike T was amazing. Michelle and Gererd were great! The food was like a 5 star restaurant. The room was the most romantic, rich and elegant ever. I would love to go back as a guest!!!!!!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Rose · Married on 08/11/2012

My daughter's wedding was held at The Royalton on Saturday, July 19, 2014. We first met with Mike T a year ago to start the planning. I told Mike the food and presentation were very important to me. He made it absolutely clear that we would be extremely pleased with the food and presentation. He explained to me that all menus are customized to the bride and grooms liking. Mike T was so true to his word with every food choice we discussed. My daughter's menu was customized just as he said and all of the cocktail hour and dinner entrees as well as the presentation were absolutely fantastic. Her wedding was absolutely spectacular! Every detail was overseen by Mike T and George who did an amazing job of making sure everything was taken care of correctly. The staff are all unbelievable and worked together as a team to ensure that all aspects of the wedding went off without a hitch. Many of my guests commented on how warm and attentive the staff were. The service from the staff was impeccable and always with a smile. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted and attended to until the very end of the night. The bridal attendants were by my daughters and my side every minute to help with anything we needed. Mike T and George were such a pleasure to work with. Anytime my daughter or I had a question, we would pick up the phone to call Mike and he would immediately answer any questions we might have. There was never a wait to get a call back from him because he answered every phone call himself. The Royalton is a beautiful venue in a lovely setting. It has such a warm inviting feeling when you approach the mansion. The flowers and the property are beautifully maintained. I highly recommend The Royalton for a fabulous wedding!!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Rachel · Married on 10/21/2011

If I could live at the Royalton Mansion, I would pack my bags tonight. I would hang out with Michael, Michael, and Gerard, and talk about our favorite foods into the wee hours. Sadly, my time there only lasted one night, but it was amazing. All of the men of the Royalton (you'll find out they all work together on weddings, so you're not assigned to anyone specific) are so knowledgeable about food, drinks, and the "do's and don'ts" of wedding receptions. My husband and I came in with a list of ridiculous food requests, and we got almost everything we asked for (what we didn't get was for the best..). The venue itself is so unique; its like having an insanely cool, sophisticated house party and it's all yours for the entire day/night. The food is great, above and beyond any other wedding I'd ever been to, and everything was customized for us. I didnt have a wedding planner but that didnt matter, because the Royalton had everything running smoothly from beginning to end and I didnt have to worry about anything. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 11/18/2011

allison · Married on 06/04/2010

The Royalton was everything we wanted and more. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful. The service was fabulous, the decor was gorgeous and the food was absolutely delicious. Our guests were more than impressed and still talk about it to this day!

Sent on 02/15/2011

Kathryn · Married on 01/09/2010

A year and a half later and our family and friends are still blown away by our reception at the Royalton. They *really* know how to throw an elegant, high-class, top-notch, unbelievably fun wedding reception. Our wedding was in January 2010, just after New Year and the Royalton was festive with holiday decor and cozy, blazing fireplaces.

The food is amazing and there is a ton of it. There were so many choices at cocktail hour and they were very creative and accommodating for the sit-down dinner. We asked for a particular entree (braised short ribs with winter root vegetable puree) when we met with the chef prior to our tasting. He did a great job and it was a big hit. It is very classy to have all the food basically cooked to order vs. having your guests choose their entree on their invitation reply cards.

The service was outstanding. They took fabulous care of my husband and me, my parents, and our extended family - both old and young. My bridal attendant was an angel. The waitstaff was fabulous. They have several staff at each table. All of our guests felt attended to and that was important to us.

Now, let me tell you about the party part. These people know what they are doing. Everything is orchestrated to keep the party going. We have been to several weddings since ours and none of them have been as fun (and not only because we are biased) but because the other catering halls do not consider timing in relation to when people eat and when people want to dance. The Royalton kept the evening well-paced with drinks, timing of meals, cutting of the cake etc. It was great.

Our cake was also included - no extra charge. It was not specatular looking. It was pretty and tasty. Cake was not important to me. I do not recall if there would have been a charge to bring one in.

It is pricey, but we were in an off-peak time and they were open to negotiation. At the time of my wedding, we were limited to working with two florists and could not use anyone else. However, since I did not want real flowers, we did our own non-floral centerpieces. They were extremely accommodating. Additionally, they had no other wedding booked the day and night before my wedding (due to the time of year - no reflection on the venue) and we were able to set up in advance. They were fantastic.

I highly recommend having your wedding reception at The Royalton. It is wonderful place. You won't regret it!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Heather · Married on 10/10/2009

Everything was perfect! The staff was so attentive, the food was fantastic (there was a ton of it), and people have told me it was the best wedding they've ever been to!!
    It was everything we've ever wanted!

Sent on 11/03/2009

Ab · Married on 12/07/2008

The Royalton was AMAZING!!!!!!!! I never imagined I would have a wedding like the one I had at the Royalton!!! They went above and beyond and months later people still talk about the quality of the food and service!!!
    So glad I found it before anyone else had a chance to!

Sent on 03/20/2009

Nicole · Married on

May wedding

I had my wedding at the Royalton last weekend. Mike T and Amanda were extremely responsive throughout the entire wedding planning process and helped to make my wedding day perfect from start to finish. I did not have to worry about a thing the entire day. The food was amazing from the cocktail hour to the after party and the his/her drinks were a special touch that my guests really enjoyed. The entire staff from the waiters, to bridal attendant Michelle to valet were attentive, polite and professional. I have heard only amazing things about the food and venue from my guests and am so happy that I choose to have my wedding at the Royalton. I would HIGHLY recommend the Royalton Mansion to others looking for a venue with excellent food, beautiful decor and a quaint/different feel that the typical catering hall.

Sent on 05/11/2019

Linda · Married on 06/27/2014

The best place ever to hold a wedding or any event. Everything about it was exceptional...service, food, staff, atmosphere. My son's wedding was picture perfect and every detail attended to. The day was spectacular and I attribute it to a gracious, warm, attentive staff. They know how to put on a party and to have the "host" really enjoy their special day. 100% recommend for a classy affair.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Katie · Married on 09/14/2013

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and The Royalton played a huge part in that! Mike T and George were always incredibly friendly and professional to work with at all times. They certainly know how to plan and follow through with an incredible event. I could go on for days about how amazing the venue, service and food is- the place is like no other wedding venue around! Our friends and family blown away with how great our wedding day was. I would highly recommend The Royalton to anyone who is thinking about having their big day there.

Sent on 01/08/2014

HB · Married on 05/20/2012

This venue was absolutely worth every penny that we spent for our May 2012 wedding. From the first meeting to the last we were treated like valued VIP customers. Gerard the catering manager told me do not worry about a thing and he was absolutely right. The food is amazing, the venue was breathtaking, the service was beyond anything I imagined, and we definitely got the service we paid for. Before our wedding Gerard was responsive and accommodating. The day of our wedding the Royalton staff took great care of me, my bridal party, and guests. My guests kept raving about the service and food. My husband and I couldn't have had a better wedding day!

Sent on 05/25/2012

Valerie · Married on 08/31/2008

Truthfully all it took for me was seeing one place. I saw this place and i knew it was the place. They have an amazing outside garden for the service so if getting married during nice weather would highly recommend. Also the place is amazing. If you want a place that is gorgeous, great ceremony area, great cocktail hour and amazing people to work with you must pick this place. Talk to Gerard or Mike they are amazing. We did something a little different then they are used to for the cake..we did cupcakes and at 1st we were worried how they would come out and i have to say they truly made a masterpiece. The food was amazing and the layout of the place looked fabulous. We had 250 people and i have to say the room didn't look as packed as you would expect. It was perfect. I would recommend checking this place out if you haven't already and tell them Valerie sent you.

Sent on 10/20/2008

Donna · Married on 06/07/2015

We made our daughter’s wedding at the Royalton on June 7, 2015. Each one of our hopes and dreams for this event were not only met, but each was exceeded in a way we could never have imagined!! Mike T and George are FIRST CLASS PROFESSIONALS who took care of every detail so that we were truly able to feel like PAMPERED guests. There was a bridal attendant, a groom attendant-- AND PARENTS OF THE BRIDE AND GROOM attendants who were by our sides every step of the way.
    Dealing with Mike T was an incredible pleasure throughout the planning process. He listened carefully to all of our ideas, helped us determine the best way to make our ideas a reality, and then delivered on everything he said he would deliver on. The facility was beautiful, the food was fabulous, our guests were attended to immediately and elegantly, and there was always a warm, caring and helpful person by our side, whether it was Mike, George, Michelle, Kim, or so many others.
    The bridal party had a great time during the many hours of hair, makeup and dress preparations, NOT ONLY because the guys and gals each had plenty of separate beautiful rooms to get ready in, but also had plenty of shared space to enjoy each other’s company, all the while being fed and cared for by happy and smiling Royalton staff who made the pleasure of the day even greater by their knowledge and positive spirit.
    We will forever be grateful to Mike, George, Michelle, and Kim and all the others who made our daughter’s wedding the experience of a lifetime. They left us totally overwhelmed not only by the perfection of the Royalton’s performance, but also by the care, attention, and indeed love, that was showered upon us throughout the day. We cannot thank them enough and will remember their kindnesses forever. The Royalton is a treasure that is not to be missed.

Sent on 06/09/2015
  • User3207802 · 2+ years ago

First let me say that our day went absolutely splendidly, and a huge portion of that credit goes to Jorge at The Royalton. It's very difficult to imagine our wedding going any better.

THE VENUE:
    The venue is gorgeous, inside and out. It happened to be raining for our weekend, and even with a previously agreed outdoor ceremony, they were able to move us inside without any issue long before guests arrived, so our guests never knew.

They set up a giant tent out back for us during cocktail hour because of the rain, but given how cold it became outside, my personal COMPLAINT is the lack of any heat or heating lamps in the tent... because of this our guests generally stayed indoor (that said, EVERYONE loved the cocktail hour indoors, and there was plenty of space).

THE FOOD:
    The food is, quite simply amazing. EVERYONE loved on the food. There's SO MUCH of it, and it's all delicious. We had some pretty specific requests, and Jorge was able to cater fully to nearly every single one. We were allowed four separate entrees including the vegetarian choice, and each one was better than the last. The passed hors d'oeuvres and cocktail hour tables were all equally phenomenal.

THE DRINKS:
    The Royalton has a very well stocked bar. High end wine snobs may be disappointed, but they really did have a wide variety of good wine and beer, good labels for whisky and other spirits. And the champagne they provide was great.

BEHIND THE SCENES:
    Before the wedding and before the guests arrive, our wedding party was treated to drinks, snacks, and lunch upstairs. We had been given plenty of time to prepare. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wished there was WiFi, but that's a minor complaint.

THE STAFF:
    All of the help was great. The valets, bartenders and servers were very professional. And Jorge and the bridal attendant Michelle were absolute highlights. (To be honest I didn't like Mike, but I seem to be the only one.)

RECOMMENDATION:
    ABSOLUTELY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Sent on 01/08/2015

Lee · Married on 05/26/2013

We can't say more about our experience working with Michael and team at the Royalton. Every detail was exactly how we hoped it would be and more. Such a smooth planning process, and the staff the day of our wedding was incredible. The only complaint is that the day went by way too quickly!

Sent on 01/05/2014

Deborah · Married on 10/25/2008

Wow! Some of the best food we and our guests have ever tasted, especially the filet mignon and the sea bass entrees. The service was incredible, too. My father thought his table was getting special attention because the staff members knew he was the father of the bride, but he found out later from his friends that everyone was treated with the same degree of attention to detail. Great value for the price (even though it was expensive for Long Island!).

Sent on 11/24/2008

3.8
      3.0

I had a beautiful wedding and I loved every minute of it. That being said: If you book at the Royalton, a few words of advice. You are told you have to use their tent and their florist, but that's not true. You can buy out the florist for a nominal fee (and you should) and you can also hire another tent company, because their current tent is very dirty. They didn't order enough of my favors, so not everyone got one -- we didn't either. That was disappointing.

Overall the experience was a good one, but you have to be a bit demanding and you have to express what you want loudly. Jorge and Mike T are very kind. They were a pleasure to work with, but If I got a "No" from Jorge, I'd ask Mike and get a "Yes". Keep that in mind. It's your wedding, and they want you to be happy.

Sent on 03/14/2014
  • F

Fana · Married on 02/21/2010

3.6
      3.0

For months after my wedding i was receiving compliments on the food, cake and appearance of the royalton. my guests loved it!

Sent on 06/24/2010