The Room on Main Reviews

39 | Dallas, TX

39 Reviews for The Room on Main

Tori · Married on 12/31/2017

The Room on Main is a 1st class venue. We had a New Year's Eve wedding and it was so magnificent. The venue itself is just stunning, you hardly need any decor. The food was incredible - and my husband and I actually got to taste it because the caterers put together a plate for us (we did stations - so lots of options!) and we got to eat quickly and efficiently. The service was professional and efficient, no staring at dirty glasses or plates all night.
    We loved every second of having our wedding at this venue. It is a little pricey, but at the end of the day, it was worth every single penny, and we wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent on 01/24/2018

Laura · Married on 11/18/2016

We could not have selected a better venue to have our wedding at! It is so gorgeous and what made it all even better was the staff. We worked primarily with David, Kylie, and Jessica leading up to the wedding and they were responsive, accommodating, and professional. The wait staff the day of was efficient and took care of us the whole night. We absolutely loved the venue and our guests have continued to tell us how great the venue, location, and staff were!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Stephanie · Married on 07/25/2014

This venue was wonderful! We had around 150 guests and this was the perfect size! The room was beautiful and open and the staff was fantastic. My husband and I enjoyed working with them! I highly recommend this venue! David, who we worked with for the catering, was great!

Sent on 08/24/2014
  • Jennifer

Jennifer R. · Married on 12/19/2019

Blissfully happy wedding couple

TROM was everything I ever wanted in my wedding reception. I had been looking for a venue where my guests would be treated to a gorgeous view of the Dallas skyline; the TROM was perfect for this. Not to mention, the restored ballroom has so much character and is located in the heart of downtown Dallas. My husband and I are proud Texans and are very attached to the city so this couldn’t have been more perfect.

Food was our biggest concern during our wedding planning process. My husband is Vietnamese, and in his culture food means everything in a wedding (and can even affect how guests gift the couple!). Traditionally, Vietnamese weddings in DFW are hosted within a limited range of venues that can specially cater Chinese/Vietnamese food. We knew that a majority of our guests would be expecting this kind of food.

TROM’s biggest selling point was that food was their thing; and they absolutely delivered and went above and beyond my husband and my expectations.

TJ, our venue coordinator, worked with us EVERY step of the way. We were able to customize our menu so that we had traditional Asian food items while still keeping some Western entrée’s. CN Catering offered several public tastings of their (vast!) menu and we were also able to set up a private tasting with the chef. Quite literally, every small detail could be customized and was accounted for during our reception. CN Catering even went out of the way to recreate a special sushi roll that my husband and I had requested! They recreated it perfectly down to the T; and it felt like my husband and I were able to share something about ourselves to our guests through the food.

Our guests loved TROM and were impressed by the food. A lot of our guests remarked on how fast the food came out. My husband’s grandmother hasn’t since stopped talking about how much she enjoyed everything about the wedding and food- and this speaks volumes about the TROM! Looking back at our wedding, we feel very satisfied and incredibly lucky and blessed. I don’t think we could possibly be happier with how everything turned out. If we had to do everything again, we wouldn’t change a thing.

Sent on 01/07/2020

Mary R. · Married on 10/29/2019

DCCCD awards ceremony

What a seamless, stressless event we experienced today for our awards event! An abundant, very friendly and professional crew from the valet to the caterers and event captain. This beautiful venue was the talk of the day for those in attendance. Classy, elegant and really set the tone for our event!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Roswell

Roswell T. · Married on 07/27/2019

Fantastic Wedding Venue

Awesome venue for our wedding. The room was big and open with high ceilings. Lots of windows which brought in great natural light for our July wedding. It's a beautiful room which was great cause it doesn't need many decorations. We had wonderful time and couldn't have asked for a better venue.

Overall, we were satisfied with CN Catering. We loved the food and so did our guests. One area of improvement was communication and response time in the planning process and leading up to the wedding. We had a few instances where it took longer than expected to get our questions answered. Everything turned out fine but it made us a little anxious in the planning process. We were still happy with their service but just something they could improve upon.

Sent on 09/30/2019

Shannon · Married on 09/23/2017

Beautiful space. The food was great. Lots of room for larger events. Not a great value for the money but that is not rare in the wedding industry. Overall, I would definitely recommend Room on Main and CN Catering.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Saa · Married on 08/22/2015

Working with David was an excellent experience. He was easy to work with and to get in touch with and getting the final details nailed down was as simple as a 30 minute sit down. The venue is so perfectly simple and elegant that you don't have to do much to get a stunning event. I loved the windows and chandeliers.

Also, the catering group you use here is awesome. We did the pasta and I cannot tell you how many people called us to tell us how much they liked it. I go to plenty of corporate and charity events and hearing that people loved the food at any venue is pretty rare so I was very pleased we had such a great response!

I would use this venue all over again if I could do it again. Great experience!

Sent on 09/16/2015

The Room on Main's reply:

Wow! Thank you for this wonderful review. Having clients like you make our job so much easier! We are thrilled to hear that you and your guests had a great experience. Wishing y'all a lifetime of happiness!

Brenda · Married on 07/11/2014

3.0

Amazing venue! It was the perfect place for our dream wedding! The only thing was you cannot use your own vendors except cake and dj. Other than that, we enjoyed every minute, great venue!

Sent on 08/12/2014
  • Cindy

Cindy · Married on 09/10/2011

3.0

GORGEOUS PLACE- almost didn't need ANY decorations! all my guest fell in love! GREAT staff. Only negative is exclusive caterer was so expensive despite being told they could work with our budget. BYOB too!!

Sent on 09/27/2011

2.5

They helped with providing me with all the needed information and give me details on my event!

Sent on 11/08/2014

Patricia · Married on 08/01/2014

3.4
      3.5

We first fell in love with The Room on Main's obvious beauty, but as we worked towards finalizing the details of our wedding we quickly came across a lot of overages or kickbacks that we did not appreciate. In short, the venue itself was stunning, the servers were excellent and the overall night was amazing But the Customer Service was not great, the Caterer was exceptionally Costly, they were not very flexible on cost cutting measures even though they stress they will work with your budget, and at every turn there is an overage charge or kickback. Though for my wedding I could not live without this location, I would have really thought twice about booking it had I been completely aware of what I would have to comply with to get my dream wedding. Ask a lot of questions beforehand and weigh out what you get, for what you are paying for because as a budget conscious bride, I was dumbfounded at some of the money making policies they've recently implemented.

Sent on 09/01/2014
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 05/25/2014

3.2
      1.5
      2.0

We really loved the venue we chose for our reception. Room on Main was beautiful and the view of downtown really made the event exceptionally classy! We didn't like not being able to use the rooftop for photos like we originally expected. We also didn't like not being able to have sparkly centerpieces. Also, we thought we'd be able to do our grand exit with sparklers and we were told no. There were several things they didn't disclose when we first booked the venue that we didn't appreciate.

Sent on 05/27/2014

1.0
      2.5

The space sells itself because of its beauty. Management needs to work on its "Client Comes First" mentality, however. Be sure to include information about your rehearsal in your contract. We had difficulty scheduling a rehearsal due to inflexibility.

Sent on 05/30/2013