The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens Reviews

32 | Columbia, SC

32 Reviews for The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens

32 The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens Reviews

Caroline · Married on 04/15/2018

Where do I even begin?? The River Road & Jasmine Houses is THE most beautiful venue imaginable, we feel so lucky that we could get married there! Sarah & her family are so wonderful to work with, and made the wedding planning process and our wedding day so stress-free and seamless. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and so thoughtfully decorated, and we loved having the two houses and the gardens for our wedding and reception. Our guests couldn't stop raving about how good the food was - including our amazing wedding cake, which Sarah made for us. It's also such a great value, which was so important to us on a tight budget. We cannot recommend the River Road & Jasmine Houses enough - thank you so much for making our wedding perfect!

Robin · Married on 03/23/2018

I cannot say enough about how wonderful of an experience we had with RRJH! We thought the location was too good to be true when we found it, and were even more impressed when we went to see it in person. We immediately booked this site for our wedding ceremony and reception, and received so many compliments from our guests.

They have a separate site for the ceremony and the reception, there were not a lot or places that offered that with the space we needed. They also provide the food – and even a cake if you want! Since we live in a different state this just made things so much easier, and much less people with whom we had to communicate and plan. While they offer things like cakes/cupcakes and alcohol so you do not have to outsource, the customer is allowed to bring in their own as well! We truly appreciated the ability to personalize our experience. There are preset menus available, but there are options and add on items to make it just right. We did add on flank steak and a mashed potato bar – both were a big hit with our guests!

The planner comes with the venue as well! Sarah was amazing. She was very flexible with our schedules (mind you we live about 7 hours away) when we wanted to meet, and communicated quickly via text and/or email. It was so easy and much less stressful planning a wedding from a different state having Sarah available. She was even happy to help me out with a few other wedding related questions and point me in the right direction.

The day of the wedding, she was on site the entire day working with our vendors and setting up the venue. We brought in a few of our own decorations we had assembled, and Sarah set them up for us just as we wanted! We had about 145 guests actually show up, and there was plenty of space available. There is not a thing I would change about this venue. The ‘all inclusive’ feel of the products and services available made things so easy to plan.

Celeste · Married on 03/17/2018

Everything went so smoothly! Sarah took care of everything seamlessly. The location is beautifully maintained. The food was amazing. I love the fact that she had everything at the site and it relieved a lot of stress to know it was all taken care of.

The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens 1
    The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens 2
    The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens 3

Shelbie · Married on 10/20/2017

Truely an incredible day. I could not recommend The river road and jasmine houses more! Sarah is an incredible planner and she truely thinks of everything. I am a very forgetful person and having her help me throughout the whole process was an absolute lifesaver. I could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony or reception. If you are considering getting married in the Columbia SC area you cannot go wrong with the river road and jasmine houses.

Amber · Married on 10/14/2017

The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens could not have been a more perfect venue for our ceremony and reception!! Sarah Christmus was WONDERFUL to work with, especially consider the fact that I was planning our wedding from Texas. It was always easy to get in touch with her. Day of the wedding, Sarah was even more amazing and helped make sure everything went smoothly and it definitely did! The food was exceptional, we received a lot of compliments from our guests. Sarah makes the cakes at the venue and she did not dissappoint, it turned out exactly how I wanted it to and also tasted delicious. We got the vanilla cream cheese pound cake and chocolate cream cheese pound cake and both were amazing. Also, the venue itself is gorgeous! You don't have to bring much since it is already super decorated. You definitely get what you pay for with this venue so I would highly recommend it for your wedding ceremony and reception needs! Thanks Sarah!

The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens 4
    The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens 9
    The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens 10
    The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens 11

Savannah · Married on 10/07/2017

Sarah and her family went above and beyond to make our wedding day go more smoothly than I ever imagined. Every time I would think of something that needed to be done she was either already doing it or more than ready to complete the task! The outdoor garden used for the ceremony is full of such lush greenery even in the fall, the food is amazing (my guests couldn't stop raving about it), and the atmosphere is purely relaxed and fun! If I had to do it all over again I'd always choose them!

Jessica · Married on 09/23/2017

I loved my venue! The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens was the perfect setting! It was exactly what I was looking for. A truly elegant garden space. They are all inclusive making it very easy to plan and working with Sarah was a breeze. I was able to do everything I wanted with decorations, not that you even need any. Everyone you work with there is so accommodating and they know how to make the space just beautiful. I love the indoor/outdoor nature of the venue and having the second house to get ready in could not make it more convenient! This was my dream venue and I am so happy we got to be married there! Everything went smoothly - since I didn't have a wedding planner it was great having Sarah who more than stepped in to play that role!

Tecali · Married on 08/05/2017

Matt and I had our wedding here on August 5th. From the time we reserved the venue to the day of the wedding, Sarah Christmus was very responsive and enjoyable in providing the best for our day! Along with that, the food choices and cake were delicious. Our family and friends had a great time at Tecali and Matthew wedding at RIver Road & Jasmine Houses & Gardens.

Thanks,

Tecali Dunham

Savannah · Married on 07/14/2017

This venue was everything I wanted but never thought I could get for the price. Sarah is an absolute professional, and the essence of tranquility when you need it most. The staff during the wedding were a joy, and the food cannot be beat.

Shanon · Married on 02/04/2017

We decided we wanted an all-inclusive venue for our wedding to cut down on the stress of planning. We toured a few other venues around the area and immediately fell in love with the River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens! We were blown away by the beauty of the gardens, the vintage-feel of the houses, and the hospitality of the Christmus family. Sarah was always willing to meet to run through ideas with me and make suggestions (which were always wonderful I might add). We felt important and valued at this venue whereas other venues we toured made us feel like we were just another couple who was having just another wedding at just another place. The day of the wedding went so smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing. The venue and landscaping are gorgeous, even in the beginning of February on a really cold day. We were able to get married outside and we had a hot chocolate bar for guests, a fire pit for them to warm up by, and heaters surrounding the dance floor! The good thing about this venue is it is beautiful as it is if you don't want to do much, but you can also do like we did and bring in your own decorations to personalize it! The food was great and I'm pretty sure every guest there complimented the food to me later (some favorites were the mashed potato bar and chicken marsala pasta). The cake was delicious and decorated beautifully, exactly like the picture I showed Sarah and how I imagined it! This venue was also a dream for our photographer who found new spots to photograph us in every few feet!

Seriously, I cannot say enough about how great RRJH was and I wouldn't have changed anything about our wedding. We were able to have our dream wedding within our budget without having to sacrifice anything and with no stress! What more could you ask for?

Amber · Married on 01/21/2017

So, first a little bit about us. My husband and I got married in my parents' backyard just before he went overseas for three months. Before he left, we booked our "real wedding" with friends and family for just after he came back. So I had three months to plan this wedding for 40-50 people. We weren't having a crazy fancy wedding, just a celebration with our loved ones.

Sarah at the River Road and Jasmine Houses made everything so easy. She listened to everything we wanted and took it all to heart. I never felt pressured to do something I didn't want to do. She got me and understood I wasn't obsessed with having a Pinterest worthy day, just a fun, beautiful day with our loved ones. The space was beautiful, the food was great, and our cake was delicious. I have zero regrets about our wedding day, and it's all because of Sarah's work with us. She did my bouquet and greenery crown, and she even managed to find a random bottle of lime juice for our signature cocktails after my husband forgot to buy limes! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a beautiful wedding without killing themselves worrying over details like tablecloths and candleholders!

• Morgan

Morgan · Married on 12/10/2016

While I had always dreamed of a Charleston wedding, the travel and $$ just wasn't going to work for us. We began to look at Columbia venues and The River Road & Jasmine Houses & Gardens was the first venue on our list due to its affordability. What we weren't expecting was to be blown away by the beauty of the venue and the assistance of Sarah, Elizabeth, and the rest of the staff. If you're worried about budget, I can almost guarantee you this is the most budget friendly venue you will find in the Columbia area. But it won't feel like it! You will feel like you're in an exclusive secret garden made just for you! I cannot recommend this place enough. For the bride/groom who NEEDS to feel in control, this is the place for you. Sarah will sit down with you as many times as you need to feel comfortable with the logistics. By the time the big day came around, "control" was the last thing on my mind. I had learned to trust Sarah, and for good reason. Our day was even better than we ever imagined! Thank you, River Road & Jasmine Houses & Gardens!!!

The price I listed includes 115 guests, a level 2 menu for the reception, an additional 2 hours prior to ceremony, an additional 1 hour after reception, a mac & cheese bar (OMG SO YUMMY), a shrimp & grits station (OMG SO YUMMY), & coffee. Not to mention, Sarah made our cake for us and it was stunning & delicious plus she was our coordinator which is just priceless.

I could go on and on and on! Loved every bit of it!

Lachelle · Married on 04/30/2016

The River Road & Jasmine Houses & Gardens was absolutely amazing. Sarah & her team made sure everything went smoothly the day of my event. I love how RRJ provides your wedding director, your wedding cake, and food for the reception. They will also provide a lot of your decorations for the day of your event as well. This made the planning for my wedding so much easier. My wedding cake was beautiful and delicious. All of the food was wonderful as well, and so many guest commented on the mashed potato bar. Sarah was easy to contact during the whole planning phase leading up to my wedding. She allowed me to meet with her several times and visit RRJ to make sure I had everything I needed and to make sure I knew where I wanted things set up. Since my wedding, I have had so many guest comment on how beautiful my wedding and reception venue were due to the natural beauty of the gardens. I highly recommend The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens for your wedding! We had around 240 people attend our wedding, and the RRJ accommodated everyone.

Janean · Married on 03/19/2016

I don't know what I would have done without Sarah and the River Road and Jasmine House. I was very indecisive and not very sure of what I wanted for my wedding and she made it come together beautifully. The food was outstanding! The venue itself is so beautiful we didn't even need to bring any additional decorations. Thank you for making my wedding so perfect.

Briana · Married on 02/05/2016

PLEASE do yourself a favor and have your wedding here! They take care of SO much that really does make your day stress free. I had a 50 person wedding in February, and I loved it. I cared about my wedding being an enjoyable event for not only me, but my family and friends. Sarah does a wonderful job at planning and asking the right questions so that you don't have to worry. Because they do the cake, catering, and decorations, my family and I were free to spend time with each other.

My wedding was in February (read: cold!) so I decided to do it indoors. They have a beautiful outdoor spot that we took pictures in, but I got married in one of the houses. It fit 50 people comfortably, but I'm not sure that it could hold much more (I was fine with that.) Sarah was so sweet and decorated an indoor arch with white fabric and magnolia leaves since they don't normally do weddings indoors.

Overall, I would recommend this venue to anyone. Great service, and everything is worth the money. Before I came to this venue, I had heard about how good the food was, and they do not disappoint! EVERYONE at my wedding told me how great the food was.

Sent on 02/17/2016

The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens's reply:

Thank you so much Briana! It was such a pleasure getting to work with you and Madison, and please let me know if y'all ever need anything : )

Amy · Married on 01/24/2015

As soon as I found this place I know it was it. The natural decor and beautiful homes were breath taking. Soon after I meet with Sarah the contract was started. EVERYTHING was taken care of and it made my life that much easier. I am a last minute all over the place kinda bride and with this venue it made my not so great planning easy. The only things I need to take care of after talking with them was: my dress, our alcohol (only b/c we wanted to), DJ (which Sarah recommended), a few candles, gifts, and any extras here and there that we wanted. --- Easy start and great price!

The day of our wedding went smoothly and I was a calm at ease bride to be. Everything was set up perfectly and the staff (family) were helpful with any/all of our needs. The reception was beautiful and the food....oh the food, it was AMAZING. I'm already having request for the baker of our cake. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone/everyone. Especially if you are looking for a "turn key" kind of wedding. Don't get me wrong, you can bring in your own flair, but amazing either way!!!! A big thank you to the River Rd & Jasmine House & Gardens for making our special day perfect. Y'all are an wonderful family providing a truly exceptional service!

Connie · Married on 01/16/2015

On a time crunch, Elizabeth and Sarah Christmus worked closely with me making it possible for me put together my son's wedding in four days. They walked us through the ceremony not missing a beat, ensuring my son and his bride had their fairytale wedding. The quality of the facilities and the food were top notch. Guest were very impressed and complementary throughout the evening. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful location inside and out. I highly recommend "The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens" for any event.

Tammy · Married on 11/29/2014

Elizabeth and Sarah were amazing! Professional and courteous! Highly recommend!

Kelly · Married on 09/20/2014

We are so pleased with our venue, The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens! We found it based off of others' reviews, and our experience was also wonderful. From beginning to end, Sarah and Elizabeth Christmus made the entire planning process as stress-free as possible. If we had any questions at all, Sarah was always more than willing to meet with us to discuss - we also had her do our cake, which turned out beautifully, and she even put together a tasting for us when I couldn't decide what I wanted. The RR&J worked well with all of our vendors, even allowing them to come in a little early day-of to begin setting up. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. The RR&J was also very affordable, especially considering the "mostly-inclusive" factor. Sarah was even able to recommend a pastor to us, who was also wonderful. We opted to bring in our own alcohol, but other than that and a few decorations here and there (photos, baskets for programs, favors, etc.), the RR&J handled everything day-of. Most of our guests were from Columbia, Lexington, and the Upstate, and I think the location of the RR&J was fairly convenient for all - we even had guests from California, Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia, but with affordable hotels close-by, I think the location of the RR&J is great. I think we ended up with around 150-160 guests total, which felt perfect, spatially, though our initial projections were closer to 200, and Sarah seemed to think that even with that many guests, we would be fine. Overall, we are very happy with The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens and would definitely recommend them!

• Melanie

Melanie · Married on 04/18/2014

My husband and I looked at only two venues. As soon as we came to this place we knew it was the one for us. It is absolutely beautiful. The venue is family run and covers everything. They have the ceremony and reception area, an officiant, catering, cake, photography, tablecloths, greenery, candle holders, and more. You can have an indoor or outdoor ceremony and reception. I wanted everything outside but it rained all day so it was moved inside. Although it wasn't what I had planned for it was still beautiful. I am still getting compliments on how wonderful everything was, how great Sarah and her family was, and how delicious the food and cake were. I would recommend this venue to anyone because it provides you with everything you might need for an extremely affordable price and everyone is so wonderful and professional.

Joshua · Married on 03/17/2013

My wife and I used River Road and Jasmine Houses as the venue for our wedding. They not only met, but exceeded expectations at every turn. It's a family-run business with a different member excelling in a different section of the business. The houses and gardens were fantastically maintained and prepared for the big day. We had them for catering as well. We were expecting good decent southern cooking, but we were blown away about how good it was. The meat was tender and cooked perfectly, pasta was delicious and just the right texture, even the hummus was great! We used the daughter, Sarah, as the wedding planner/coordinator and could not have been happier. She knew the right questions to ask, took charge where she needed to, but still let our day be uniquely ours. She made the cake as well and we got a lot of compliments on it! All in all, just a fantastically run establishment. Your money goes a long way. I would recommend them for any function you have in mind (just ask, they're easy to talk to), and we plan on using them again!

Very professional but also made you feel like family, they take care of you like family. No hidden costs, willing to work with your budget! Very flexible. The menu options weren't exactly what we were looking for, nor in that price range - they made us an entirely new menu and below their lowest cost. And the food was FABULOUS, everyone raved! Sarah, was wonderful! She made our cake (which was two tired for my husband and I and cupcakes for everyone else), catered, and was our wedding coordinator. Her mother, Elizabeth was just as busy and helpful in all our meetings and helping me figure out where things went and what they could do for us. They literally provided everything for my special day! It was such a stress free event because they had me covered. If I had any questions, Sarah would respond to me right away and gave me the best options. Use them, they are wonderful and their facility is gorgeous.

• F

Frank · Married on 02/16/2013

Simple Elegance at its best! Is the best way to describe the River road and Jasmine house! The Entire staff are amazing to work with! No matter what type of event you're planning this venue will handle it perfectly. Amazing accommodations, excellent decor, Mouth watering menu, and extremely reasonable pricing! Its a one stop shop for all your needs! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!!

The venue was beautiful and the food was delicious! The Christmus family went out of their way to accommodate the requests I had, from baking special cakes using family recipes to making a rehearsal brunch that was amazing (stuffed french toast!). This is a wonderful venue to get married at and celebrate at and the Christmus' are wonderful to work with. I am so, so, so happy that my husband and I got married here. It was a dream wedding!

Amy · Married on 12/17/2011

What a wonderful venue! I had my wedding here this past December, and could not have been happier. The staff was so easy to work with, and the food and wedding cake they provided were absolutely delicious. They also meet with you as many times as you need to make sure you're comfortable, which was really helpful since I didn't know what I was doing! If you're getting married in the Columbia area, I highly recommend the River Road and Jasmine Houses!