The Reserve at Dancing Elk Reviews

7 | Mathis, TX

7 Reviews for The Reserve at Dancing Elk

• Latoya

Latoya · Getting married on 02/22/2020

Experience with tour and booking!

The woman was very accommodating and available to meet with us when ever we were available. My fiancé and I work late and the drive is about 40-45 minutes, but she was willing to meet us that evening! She showed us around the venue, helped us to envision the wedding, and answered all of our questions. The venue is beautiful and has a lot to offer any special event, big or small. I will update the review once I experience my big day at this venue!

Sent on 02/09/2019

The Reserve at Dancing Elk's reply:

Latoya, Thank you for the kind words. It was such a pleasure meeting with you and your fiancee' . I am definitely looking forward to your Big Day!!

Sincerely,
    Yvette Johnson, Venue Coordinator

Anessa · Married on 03/24/2017

I am in the planning process and the events coordinator there is very helpful and knowledgeable. She goes above and beyond to help you in any way possible

Sent on 03/07/2016

Anessa,
    It was such a pleasure to have met with you. Whether its a tour of venue, inquiring pricing, I am here to help in any way for my gorgeous brides.

Sarah · Married on 06/14/2015

Best day of our lives at one of the most beautiful places in Texas. We got so many compliments about where we chose to have our wedding. Staff was nice and accommodating and the animals were beautiful!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Sarah,
    Thank you for the kind words. This was such a beautiful wedding, beautiful bride and such warm hearted guest. It was such an honor to have been a part of your wedding day. Congratulations!!

judy · Married on 03/18/2017

This is a beautiful place the staff are amazing, professional, and wonderful to work with, I have nothing but high regards for there service, the food, the staff, and the coordinator, and my experience was nothing but positive

Sent on 03/31/2017

The Reserve at Dancing Elk's reply:

Thank you Judy. This was a gorgeous wedding. Your guest were absolutely so kind hearted. You have an amazing talent on decor. It was of great pleasure working with you and Bridget. I want to wish the Bride & Groom nothing but the best!!! Have a happy life together and many wonderful memories to build.
  • Brette

Brette · Married on 06/16/2018

3.2
      3.0

The Dancing Elk has always been at the top of my list to get married. They had a switch of management during the time I was planning and it was rough getting the new person caught up. A lot of my meetings got canceled and the guys house never had the A/C turned on the day of so they ended up getting ready at another house on the property. It was stressful, but our day was perfect, the bartender, chef and clean up crew were great.

Sent on 07/08/2018
  • User5209219 · 2+ years ago

2.6
      1.0
      2.0

I LOVE this location. The setting is beautiful, and it comfortably held our 400 guests. However, I had such a difficult time communicating with the staff there. I had a hard time hearing back from them on questions, and when I did hear back, I often received conflicting answers from different staff members.

Overall, my wedding was so beautiful. It was an amazing day. And honestly, I couldn't find anything else to hold the number I needed in our price range, so it was a good value. I just felt like I wasn't a priority for them, and that is really sad when it is such an important day in your life.

Sent on 06/26/2015

Private User,
    Thank you for your consideration and commitment with us. This venue is a venue like no other, secluded, rustic, elegant!! I do strongly feel that we always give it our 110% to our clients, and I do apologize if that is not how you felt. I would like to take the time to speak with you in regards to your feelings. Our clients are our #1 priority. Have a wonderful day and Congratulations!!

M. A. · Married on 01/06/2019

Disappointed and sadden

I am so disappointed at the outcome of my daughter's reception. Many things went wrong. The service was very unprofessional and disorganized, I'm so sadden because this is such a beautiful venue. My daughter and her now husband worked so diligently to make their wedding day the best experience for everyone. This was once in a lifetime experience and it turned out very disappointing. I regret ever mentioning this place to my daughter and would not recommend this place to anyone.

Sent on 01/12/2019