The Reno Tahoe DJ Company Reviews

87 | Reno, NV

87 Reviews for The Reno Tahoe DJ Company

• Amy

Amy · Married on 06/26/2016

Reno Tahoe D.J. was very professional and accomidating to everything we wanted. Larry met with us on more than one occasion and helped us to plan everything down to the minute and has an excellent staff working for him. My wife and I wanted specific types of music, to go along with different parts of wedding and our D.J. put together a perfect playlist for each part of our ceremony. All while keeping the ceremony and reception moving and upbeat. Thank you Reno Tahoe D.J. I would recommend you guys to anyone!!

Sent on 09/24/2016

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Amy. You and Shamus were awesome to work with. Your wedding day at Lavender Ridge was picture perfect. A perfect day for a perfect couple.

Tiana · Married on 06/06/2016

Larry is a wonderful man to work with. He is professional and walks you through the process from A-Z. He truly made it a breeze to select the desired playlist, and even put in his two cents when something wouldn't sound right.

Sent on 09/30/2016

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make your wedding special. Working with you was an absolute pleasure.

Ashley · Married on 05/29/2016

Larry and his team did the most amazing job to make sure our day went smoothly. We had great music playing the entire time, and it was exactly what we had requested. Larry takes the time to get to know you and your fiance, which makes the experience very special. I really felt like he listened to us and wanted to make our wedding great. He was really easy to talk to. Thank you Larry and team! You made our wedding amazing!!!!! Couldn't imagine it without you guys!!

Sent on 10/22/2016

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Ashley was the sweetest bride ever! When I e-mailed her to "thank" her for the kind words on Wedding Wire, she responded with . . . "if I could give 10 stars I would!" Thank you, Ashley! I wish you and Jacob all the best that life has to offer. :)

Larry is a consummate professional.
    He was always available prior to the wedding to answer any and all questions even the smallest details.
    He has a fantastic team.
    Our DJ, Michael, did a great job at our wedding from the music to emceeing the important events.
    Like all weddings we had a small snafu (timing issue), but Michael handled it well and none noticed a thing!
    We had a great time dancing and were well cared for.
    Thanks! Reno-Tahoe DJs!

Sent on 11/10/2015

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you so much. Michael is amazing, isn't he? We pride ourselves in being able to quickly adapt to the often unexpected. This sometimes happens at weddings. Thank again for recognizing that. :)

Aly · Married on 09/12/2015

It was great working with this company :-) They made things very simple, and were extremely professtional :-)

Sent on 11/04/2015

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Aly. You and Kris were great to work with and we wish you "all the best" in your new life together. :)

Haley · Married on 07/17/2015

My husband and I are so happy that we chose the Reno Tahoe DJ for our July 2015 wedding. From day one, Larry (owner of Reno Tahoe DJ company) was a pleasure to work with. He was very detail oriented, kind, helpful, and responded promptly to our calls and emails. Being the detail oriented person that I am, I so appreciated that about him! He worked hard to make sure his company was providing the best service for us and they did an amazing job! For the day of the wedding, we had Cooper as our DJ! We loved Cooper and would recommend him to anyone in need of a DJ. He was very friendly, played the music we had requested, and worked hard to keep the evening flowing smoothly. He showed up when he said he would, set up without any problems, and was not obnoxious in any way. We really appreciated this about him, as one of my biggest fears was having a loud and annoying DJ. We did feel that the price was a little expensive, but truthfully, I do think that you get what you pay for. All in all, the Reno Tahoe DJ company is wonderful and we would highly recommend them for your upcoming wedding!

Sent on 11/03/2015

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Haley. I really enjoyed the pre-event planning process with you and Jeremiah. My DJ Cooper simply raved about how great everything was at Kirkwood Resort. We were thrilled to have a part in making your wedding special. :)

Ashley · Married on 07/04/2015

Larry was very easy to work with and extremely professional. We felt confident after all of our planning sessions that the music at the wedding would be reflective of what we were looking for, and it definitely lived up to our expectations. On the day of the wedding, Cooper arrived early and made sure everything was set up and ready to go. Not only did he play all of our favorite songs, he also emcee'd our reception perfectly. In selecting a DJ company, you want someone that will keep the party flowing and Reno Tahoe DJ Company definitely excelled in this!

Sent on 07/23/2015

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Ashley. You and Kyle chose an amazing location and we were honored you chose us to compliment that beautiful setting. It was an absolutely joy to work with you both. :)

Deanna · Married on 01/17/2015

They stepped in when the string group that we'd hired for the ceremony didn't show and covered everything!!

Sent on 09/30/2016

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you so much for recognizing this here on Wedding Wire. This speaks to our never-ending commitment to you, our customer. We will ALWAYS step in to do the right thing.
  • F

Franzeska · Married on 11/01/2014

DJ was exactly what I wanted. The communication with Larry ahead of time was extremely helpful for the planning process, and our DJ played exactly what we wanted. He was very flexible to stay a few hours over the original contract time with the appropriate charges after the fact. Hassle free and professional service!

Sent on 11/28/2014

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Franzeska. Your wedding at the Hyatt Lake Tahoe was so memorable. You and Erik were so great to work with. We are grateful you entrusted us with the honor of entertaining your guests. :)

Jennifer · Married on 10/31/2014

We receive so many compliments about the music. We had a wide range of ages and everyone enjoyed the music.

Sent on 12/16/2014

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Jennifer. You and Brian are awesome and your wedding at Red Hawk was "off the hook". :)

Jasmine · Married on 10/04/2014

We recently utilized Reno-Tahoe DJ Company after having experienced their work at a friend's wedding. We hired them after speaking with Larry and were not disappointed. RTDJC was professional, well organized, very competitively priced (they were less than other DJs we looked at), and offered great communication.

The website process for picking our music was really intensive, which resulted in awesome music at our wedding. If you want to put in little effort though, you will be put off by the multiple pages of music preferences you'll go through with RTDJC.

It was worth it for us, and we got compliments on the great music on the night of our wedding, and weeks afterwards. Everyone in attendance was super impressed, as were we. We can highly recommend RTDJC.

Sent on 01/09/2015

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Jasmine & Levi. Yes, after more than 25 years in business - we have some options and planning techniques that others cannot even fathom. I am so thankful that you took the time to share this with others. Weddings are made most incredible by the time and effort one puts into them. :)

Lyn · Married on 09/20/2014

We were so happy we chose RTDJC. Larry as well as the other Djs are very professional. They take time to sit down with you to go over every detail and make sure you get exactly what you want on your special day. Their prices are very competitive and RTDJC is worth every penny!!

Sent on 02/02/2015

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Lyn. You and Sterling were amazing to work with. Your wedding at The Grove was one I will never forget. Blessings to you both. :)

Kimberly · Married on 08/14/2014

Larry & Cooper are fabulous! I can't believe we almost did not hire a DJ at all!! We were planning an intimate wedding for our daughter at Hyatt Lake Tahoe. We had 43 people in our party. We weren't sure that we needed the fuss of having a DJ. We wanted to just use Pandora on an iPhone. How silly we were and grateful that we last minute decided to book The Reno Tahoe DJ Company. Our group danced the night away!! Larry played a couple of games for us which was a huge hit. There wasn't many sitting down at tables. Everyone stayed on the dance floor!! Larry kept our crowd totally engaged. We did not want to leave!!

Sent on 08/22/2014

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Kimberly. You are an awesome mom. It was an honor to rock your party of 43 for Cassidy & Jacob. I should also mention that their wedding was on a Thursday. It doesn't matter if it's a wedding of 25 or 250 people - on a Thursday or a Saturday. Music (and the person presenting it) makes the difference. :)

Elizabeth · Married on 06/14/2014

Larry was just amazing!!! From start to finish he was a true professional. His communication was above and beyond and he is so organized and helped me and my husband out tremendously. Everyone complemented my choice of DJ after the wedding because Larry kept the party going... He played great music, entertained the crowd and I could not have been more happy. He's truly the best!!

Sent on 07/03/2014

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Elizabeth. You and Sean were so awesome to work with. Your folks were great too! Your wedding at Red Hawk is one that will stay with me for a long time. :)

Amanda · Married on 05/03/2014

The Reno Tahoe DJ company is AMAZING. Any couple that is planning a wedding in the Reno/Tahoe area should definitely contact this company. After 1 phone conversation with Larry Williams (and after talking to multiple DJs that same day) I knew I wanted them as our wedding DJ. Larry is extremely attentive and detailed, and really cares that his DJs provide excellent entertainment. My wedding was DJ'd by Cooper, who was a very polite and professional young man. He arrived early, so everything was set up and ready. The flow of the evening and the music was absolute perfection. Larry and his staff make sure that they create the reception of your dreams, and since they are so prepared, I was able to relax and enjoy myself, as Cooper handled everything. We had guests on the dance floor all night, it was wonderful!

Sent on 05/11/2014

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Amanda & Brian. I am humbled by your kind words and grateful you took the time to touch upon so many underlying aspects of our service. It's customers like you that fuel our passion to do more. Blessings to you both. :)

Ellen · Married on 02/15/2014

Fantastic experience! After being screwed over by Joel Swartzlander with Reno Mobile DJs (wouldn't return our calls, stood us up at a contract meeting, etc), we took our event to Larry Williams, and I am so glad that we did. We wanted a professional DJ who wouldn't pull any of the gimmicky crap that a lot of DJs do, and we got exactly what we wanted. Professional, knowledgeable, and simply a delight to work with. I would highly recommend using Reno Tahoe DJ Company if you are looking for a classy experience.

Sent on 02/23/2014

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Well, all I can say to that is . . . anyone who missed an opportunity to work with you and Alex truly missed, not only one of the best weddings of the year but, one of the most amazing couples a wedding business owner can ever work with! :)

Scott · Married on 09/14/2013

My wife and I hired Larry Williams for our wedding at Red Hawk in September. We are EXTREMELY happy that we did. There are less expensive services in town, but I am a firm believer that "you get what you pay for". Larry was phenomenal in every aspect; excellent communication with us leading up to our event, accessibility and responsiveness to our questions, communication with other vendors that we hired, and the service that he delivered at our wedding was simply perfect. We had the opportunity to attend 3 weddings over the summer and we learned quickly the overall impact that the DJ/MC can have on a wedding ceremony and reception; they can really make or break the event! Larry is a true professional and did an amazing job in delivering exactly what we wanted for our special day. Both during and after our wedding, we had many of the guests offer compliments on his performance as both a DJ and his coordination of our event overall. If you want the best that Reno/Tahoe has to offer, look no further!

Sent on 11/09/2013

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Scott. You and your beautiful bride Michelle were so great to work with and for. Thank you for recognizing the "coordination" aspect of my service. Since becoming the first "certified" Wedding Entertainment Director in the state of Nevada - I have worked exceedingly hard to do more than just DJ. Coordinating and handling of the event flow is a huge thing for me. I wish you both great happiness in your new life together. :)

Kimberly · Married on 09/13/2013

Conner and Larry were fantastic--they worked with us ahead of time and worked around our crazy schedules. The day of they ran the entire program. Everything was efficient and looked fantastic. The music was great and we thoroughly enjoyed their services. Our guests complimented them too!

Sent on 11/03/2013

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Kimberly & Brandon. Your Friday wedding was just another great example of teamwork between myself, my employee and the amazing staff at Red Hawk. Everyone came together to make it great, just like it's suppose to be. :)
  • Liane

Liane · Married on 07/16/2013

Wonderful DJ and Emcee

It is always a pleasure to work with the Reno Tahoe DJ Company. We look forward to working with them again in the future! Liane McCombs Wedding and Event Planning

Sent on 10/01/2019

Christine · Married on 06/29/2013

I cannot say enough about how delighted we were to work with Larry, owner of the company and our DJ, Cooper. From the start, Larry was professional, responsive, flexible and thorough. He was always positive and seemed genuinely excited and happy for us. The music and dancing were extremely important to us. We definitely wanted a party atmosphere and Cooper delivered. Our dance floor was packed for the entire reception with young and old alike. We are always receiving compliments about our DJ. He was fun and professional without ever being over bearing . Our experience with Reno Tahoe DJ company was first class and hands down one of the best parts of our wedding. I only wish we had an occasion to use their services again.

Sent on 08/01/2013

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Christina & Bryan. The setting at Northstar is so naturally beautiful. We are thrilled to have had the opportunity to compliment it with appropriate, well-defined entertainment. However, it's the family and guests that makes it all come together. Thank you for being so great to work with. It was our honor! :)

Christine · Married on 05/18/2013

Larry was extremely professional and was very concerned about providing us a wonderful wedding experience. He made it all about us and our vision. I would highly recommend Larry's services!

Sent on 11/03/2014

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Christine & Joe, for keying into our core philosophy. It's always all about you! It's your day to shine! So many DJ's forget this. We will always look back and be grateful for the trust you put in us that day. All the best to you both. :)

Jami · Married on 03/30/2013

Larry is an AMAZING DJ. I got so many compliments on him, our guests loved him. He kept everyone entertained. He is so professional and if I had any questions he was very fast at getting back to us.

Sent on 04/01/2013

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Jami & Craig! The quick response time is one of the key attributes that has made us the #1 referral at Tannenbaum for more than a dozen years. Serving amazing customers like you is an honor to us. Blessings to you both. :)

Kara · Married on 11/17/2012

I was very impressed with the Reno Tahoe DJ Company! They were extremely professional as well as accurate, timely, and fun! Larry Williams (who I would highly recommend) made sure he had every detail he needed before the event and was flawless in his execution of everything. He was also fun! He got ALL of the wedding guests on the dance floor and/or participating! I would definitely recommend the Reno Tahoe DJ Company to anyone planning a special event! Definitely worth it!

Sent on 11/28/2012

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Kara & William. Your November wedding at The Grove was a huge highlight and a great way to put a big "thumbs up" on a fantastic wedding year. Your family is amazing and I am honored and blessed to have been a part of your special day. :)

Jennifer · Married on 11/17/2012

They arrived on time and were very helpful. Very nice and courteous and we even shared a few giggles throughout the night. I would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married in the area.

Sent on 11/02/2013

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Jennifer & Mailei. It was our honor to serve you. We wish you many years of happiness. :)

Barbara · Married on 09/01/2012

Due to an long standing illness, this review is late but worth the wait. RenoTahoe DJ company's webpage is a little overwhelming but I called anyway. Larry was the DJ for my daughter's wedding, and he did an outstanding job. He entertained us and kept the pace going throughout the day. Not slow or fast but at our pace. He went above and beyond. If you want the best, call Larry!

Sent on 05/14/2013

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Barbara. Kelsey & Kiefer made a beautiful couple for a picture perfect beach wedding at Lake Tahoe. I'm happy you're feeling better and wish you and your amazing family "all the best" in coming years. :)