The Redmoor Reviews

46 | Cincinnati, OH

46 Reviews for The Redmoor

• jill

Jill · Married on 03/22/2014

Still reeling from our fabulous wedding at The Redmoor March 22, 2014. Mandie and her staff at The Redmoor were OVER THE TOP amazing. It was the perfect venue for us. It had such a fun ambiance, intimate, yet roomy. Perfect for our unusual, seated yet mingling highly encouraged kind of night. Our guests raved over the food and everything worked like clockwork. The chef even made a special trip to to make sure our gluten free family members were taken care of.

However, the star of the show is Mandie Merritt. Since our first meeting with her, we knew she would make this out of town wedding (we are from Chicago) so much easier for us to plan. She was so unbelievably accommodating for us and our other vendors. The day of the wedding she was taking care of everything or making sure her staff was. She was always there when I needed her asking "What can I do for you?". She even helped us deal with shipping our huge Chuppah via FedEx on Monday after we had left for Chicago already. We have heard nothing but kudos from all of our vendors on how much they enjoyed working with Mandie.

We will never forget what a wonderful experience we had at The Redmoor. We could not have picked a better spot and better people to work with. Compliments to the chef, and the rest of the outstanding staff that helped make the place beautiful and took care of Jay and I all night.

Sent on 04/08/2014

Alexandria · Married on 09/29/2013

We had our ceremony and reception at the Redmoor, and it was absolutely perfect. The style of the building is so unique and warm, and even though there is a lot of space, it feels very intimate. Everything is clean and beautiful. We worked with Mandie, and she was outstanding. She understood our vision and went above and beyond to make it a reality. I seriously had nothing to do with setup and I am pretty particular, and it was perfect. She even used our extra lanterns to create an even more beautiful area. She coordinated everything and kept up with the details so we didn't have to. Also, she and Chef Scott worked with our unusual dinner requests. The ingredients of what we wanted were on the menu, but the specific dishes were not, and they worked with us to give us exactly what we wanted and everything looked and tasted amazing. There was more than enough for everyone to eat as much as they wanted. All of the servers were polite and attentive. Also, they were able to accommodate our very small guest list (33) and everything was better than reasonably priced. I cannot recommend the Redmoor enough.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2013

Both mandie and Bryan helped me for our big day and both were great. The redmoor is such a unique venue and we were very happy we chose this place. Food is excellent, decor -not needed as Redmoor is the decor, dance floor is big enough for all,and marquee out front BONUS! I also have to mention there are very reasonable rates, as we did a Friday wedding. I would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Allie · Married on 08/03/2013

The Redmoor did an amazing job! They set up the room perfectly and their servers went above and beyond. We got there and our party bus was greeted by the staff. They took in purses and bags and made sure to put them at the bridal table. Even better, they got everyone's drink order and made sure it was waiting for them after their entrance. The bar ran smoothly, they had plenty of bartenders for our large crowd. There was hardly a line for drinks. Mandie was our contact person, she was fabulous. Patient, knowledgable, so helpful, and accommodating are all words I'd use to describe her. She made us stress-free and worry-free on our big day. We've received many compliments about the food and our location. All of our guests loved the experience. Thank you so much for a wonderful special night! We love the Redmoor.

Sent on 08/25/2013
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 06/22/2013

The Redmoor was the perfect reception venue for our wedding! The minute we walked in we knew that we wanted to have our wedding there. From day one, Mandie was so helpful and was so quick to answer any questions. She made everything so much easier on us in preparation for the wedding. I knew the reception was going to be amazing! Mandie set up everything for us...from linens to centerpieces to the small details like our slideshow, etc. When we walked into the reception we were blown away!!! Everything was set up exactly the way we wanted, it was what we had envisioned. Now...the food, WOW! So good!! Everyone was so happy with the food...they kept telling us "this is the best wedding reception we have been to!" The bar service was awesome too...all the servers and staff kept all of our guests drinks full the whole night! I can't thank Mandie enough for making our wedding day perfect! :)

Sent on 06/30/2013

Amanda · Married on 05/18/2013

We had our wedding here and it was amazing. Everyone loved the Redmoor and said the food was the best they'd ever had at a wedding! The service was excellent. My husband and I had two people assigned to just us to get our drinks and anything else we needed. Brian was great to work with and very organized. Not to mention it was a great price considering the amazing food, venue, and service. Overall, we couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Teri · Married on 05/18/2013

The Redmoor provided a unique experience for our guests at my daughter's wedding reception. This venue fit perfectly for the couple, as they are both in the field of historic preservation and architecture. Brian did a great job in taking care of all the details that allowed our reception to flow smoothly without any concerns. Our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the food and the ambiance. Brian was helpful in providing just the right amount of communication to assure that we were informed, and for our event to proceed smoothly. My daughter and her husband chose to have a garden wedding in the Spring; so I was reassured to know that The Redmoor was willing to host our wedding ceremony in case of rain. As the time of the wedding approached, mother nature blessed us with a rain that looked as if it planned to stay. As I watched out the window to the clouds settling in, my daughter held firm on her plan to marry in the garden. I felt reassured knowing that The Redmoor was prepared if needed. Thankfully, the clouds parted for the sun to shine down providing blessings on our beautiful garden wedding. Thank you Brian and all the wonderful people at The Redmoor for providing such a memorable celebration for my daughter and 'new' son's wedding!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Annie · Married on 05/04/2013

We had our wedding and reception at the Redmoor. While we are from Colorado, our families are both local to the Cincinnati/Dayton area. We wanted to have the wedding and reception in one place and the Redmoor was perfect for that.

We worked with both Bryan and Mandie during the planning phase of our wedding. Though there were a couple of detail mixups, none of them were major or affected the wedding or reception. Both Bryan and Mandie were friendly and professional throughout the whole process and always responded promptly to emails and phone calls.

Our guests have regaled us with compliments on the wedding and reception, some saying it was a "party of a lifetime." They have complimented the venue, the bar, the staff, and the food. The food was one of the main selling points for us. We are both foodies, but didn't want to spend the whole budget on a gourmet sit-down meal. We didn't need to! The majority of our 175 guests ordered the steak. I have no idea how they did it, but the Redmoor provided all of the steaks perfectly cooked at medium to the entire crowd. It made us proud that our guests were so well fed. I had requested that bacon be served as an appetizer, just set out on the bar for everyone to grab while they had a drink. While I was the first person to request this and it wasn't on the app menu, Mandie made it happen. Our guests were very surprised and happy to gobble it up.

One caveat: I would recommend you go with one of the photographers that they list on their website. If you decide not to, please make sure to make sure your photographer works well with NO natural lighting. Do NOT use Amber Bridges Studios.

We would definitely recommend the Redmoor to anyone who is looking to have an elegant, sophisticated, and delicious wedding. The packages they offer are really great values for the quality of food, service, and bartending you receive. It helped us stay within our budget, but also have the level of wedding we wanted.

Sent on 01/08/2014

Claire · Married on 04/06/2013

We had the best reception we could ask for. The food was to die for and all the guests said that it didn't taste like "regular wedding food". Mandie and her team gave us superior service and the night went off flawlessly. If you want a unique wedding this is the place to have your reception.

Sent on 05/03/2013

Ashleigh · Married on 03/16/2013

This is an excellent venue and very reasonably priced. The food was delicious and all of our guests had a great time. The staff is very attentive and professional and they respond very quickly. Mandie (one of the owners) might as well be your personal reception planner- super organized and very quick to respond to any requests. Our wedding day was perfect, not one detail was missed. I would highly recommend this unique venue.

Sent on 03/21/2013

James · Married on 11/11/2012

We could not say enough good things about the owner Mandie. Her witt, patience, and artistic expertise left us without worry. The staff decorated the venue the way that we planned and the service was amazing during the reception. I recommend the Redmoor to everyone who asks about our wedding. We are still getting compliments about what a wonderful time people had at the reception and it would not have possible without Mandie and the Redmoor staff. They went above and beyond what every other venue mentioned they would do and were willing to work within our budget. AMAZING! :)

Sent on 11/30/2012

Kadi · Married on 10/12/2012

My wedding reception was at the Redmoor and it was way more than I could even ask for. The staff were incredible. Mandie orchestrated the night beautifully and she coordinated all of the other vendors so that I really felt like I didn't have to worry about a thing. The food was fabulous and absolutely what we wanted - non-traditional and easy! I can't say enough about the Redmoor!

Sent on 07/16/2013
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 10/08/2011

I can't say enough good things about The Redmoor and Mandie (the manager). From the very beginning of my planning Mandie made herself available to answer all the questions my parents and I had. On the actual evening of our reception Mandie was my hero. Anytime I even started to feel a twinge of stress she picked up on it and took charge of the situation. Most of the time handling the "problem" herself.

One thing to note, if you book The Redmoor you are signing up to use their food and bar service but you will NOT be disappointed. Some of my extended family have a habit of complaining about anything and everything no matter how awesome (I'm not kidding here, typical responses at Christmas include "this isn't the color I wanted" or "why did you get me this? I don't need it") but NO ONE complained! EVERYONE raved about the food and how it was gourmet, the best wedding food they've ever had.

Everything was top notch and I could not be more pleased with how it all turned out. From the sound guy to the service team, everyone was pleasant and helpful. Thank you to The Redmoor for making our reception out of this world!

Sent on 10/10/2011
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 09/24/2011

I cannot recommend the Redmoor and Brian Feldkamp enough!! If you're a bride looking for an amazing venue with exceptional staff, great food, receptive and accomodating manager/owner, upfront and honest people, and an unbelievably and gorgeous space - you HAVE to choose the Redmoor.

Here are just a few things Brian and the staff at the Redmoor did that made our day amazing: 1) They customized the menu for us and made an amazing honey bourbon pork that our guests loved. 2) They ensured our Celiac guests had a special meal delivered to them while others were heading towards the buffet 3) They made sure everything was setup perfectly and accomodated some requests from our other vendors that were pretty demanding 4) They were extremely responsive to emails and phone calls 5) Most importantly, the instilled a great amount of confidence in me throughout the engagement. I knew I could count on Brian and his team to ensure everything went perfectly for our wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better result than our wedding day. I am still getting compliments on how beautiful and fun everything was.

The Redmoor is perfection when it comes to weddings. Run, don't walk to book your perfect wedding day at the Redmoor!

Sent on 10/05/2011

Jessica · Married on 09/04/2011

WOW. Six months later, and our friends and family are still talking about how neat The Redmoor was! Many of our guests said it was the best venue they've ever seen for a wedding reception, and the most fun! The staff was amazing and thanks to them, our night was flawless. My husband and I did not have to worry about a single thing; we were able to focus entirely on each other and our guests. The staff was extremely attentive and was able to anticipate our every need before we even realized we needed something. Oh, and the food was Amazing!! If you're lucky enough to live in the Cincinnati area, do not pass up The Redmoor!!!

Sent on 04/03/2012

Kasey · Married on 05/28/2011

Perfect place for a ceremony and reception. The Redmoor team is professional, fun, organized, creative, and just perfect to work with, and they made my wedding perfect. People are still talking about wedding and how it was the best wedding they have ever been to, and it's 2 months after the fact. The Redmoor will personalize your ceremony and reception, and their team is the best out there!

Sent on 07/20/2011
  • sciblu

Allie · Married on 09/18/2010

I choose the Redmoor for my wedding reception venue because I loved the style and the atmosphere. It used to be Mt. Lookout Cinema Grill and they renovated it perfectly and made it THE place to have a wedding reception.
    The space is completely open and has high ceilings and, since it used to be a movie theater, everything focuses on the stage where the wedding party is sitting. The layout is awesome and really fun to design centerpieces and a seating chart for. There is a long ramp down the center so we had my family on one side and my groom's on the other. The dance floor is huge and they have built in surround sound. They also have many bands they work with regularly that you can have play (we had too many people or we would have). There are also 4 big flat screens to show a slideshow (we had the reds game on by the bar).

As far as the actual reception goes all of my expectations were completely exceeded. Brian was unbelievably accommodating and such a huge help in making sure me and all all of my guests were completely satisfied. We met with Brian at least half a dozen times to taste food, show the place to family and friends, test the slideshow, plan all the details, etc. He is just such an awesome guy and will do just about anything for you. Some other places we talked to charged extra for just about everything and Brian seemed way more interested in doing everything right and making us happy than the money.

The Redmoor took care of basically everything (we could drop stuff off days before, the worked with the vendors, they set everything up, they made sure things were running on time) so I could relax and enjoy spending time with my family and friends. All the guests I've talked to raved about how good the food was and how nice the staff was. The Redmoor is a little more expensive than some other venues (but also less than quite a few!) but i honestly feel it was worth every penny.

I don't think our reception could have gone any better and I can't imagine having it anywhere but the Redmoor. Thank you soooo much Brian and Mandie making it truly the best night of my life!

Don't take my word for it- when the Redmoor isn't hosting special events they are open Thursday- Saturday with dinner and live music! You will not regret choosing the Redmoor!!

Sent on 09/30/2010

Erin · Married on 05/15/2010

The Redmoor was the perfect place for our reception. My fiance and I were looking for a place that was unique and fun, but most of all - a place that would be memorable. The Redmoor has a great layout, a large dance floor, and offered access to their sound system. Valet parking was available at an additional cost, but was great for our friends and family that typically don't drive in the city. The staff were very helpful, they set up almost everything the day of my wedding so I didn't have to worry about anything. The food was excellent and the beer choices were great. I loved everything about it and I highly recommend it.

Sent on 08/08/2010

Amy · Married on 04/17/2010

The Redmoor was the perfect place to have our wedding reception! We wanted a unique venue, and The Redmoor exceeded our expectations...and we got so many compliments from our guests! The food was amazing...they have a wonderful chef in-house, which is nice. Mandie, one of the owners, was also incredibly helpful and responsive...we planned our wedding from out of town, so she really bent over backwards to be flexible and be available meet with us when we were in town. They took care of all of the details and set up the day of, so I didn't have to worry about anything. We looked into a number of other venues, and The Redmoor was extremely reasonable in cost as well. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/14/2010

Denise · Married on 04/09/2010

We had the most amazing reception at The Redmoor. My fiance and I wanted to find a unique setting for our special event and The Redmoor was the perfect spot. The staff was very accommodating and willing to assist us in any way. Our guest kept commenting on what a cool venue it was and we couldn't have asked for a more incredible evening.

Sent on 04/13/2010
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 01/25/2020

Do yourself a favor and go with them

I had been to an event at The Redmoor before and fell in love. To keep an open mind I looked at over 200 different venues websites, reached out for pricing for 20, and went to visit 8. At the end of the day there was no doubt in our minds that they were the right place to go. Everything turned out perfect. Mandy and her crew are fanominal and gave our guest a fantastic party. Seriously, at least go and look at the place, I would recommend it to anyone I know

Sent on 05/11/2020