The Ranch Golf Club Reviews

50 | San Jose, CA

50 Reviews for The Ranch Golf Club

Lauren · Married on 05/14/2011

I had my wedding reception at the Ranch in May 2011 and it was absolutely wonderful!!! I am SO glad I chose this venue. I definitely recommend this venue to all brides who are considering it. The main dining room is a good size. The setup is great so that you can have cocktail hour on the patio overlooking the entire city. It is absolutely gorgeous. There is a nice bar in the room that is close enough to the dance floor area so people getting drinks still feel like they are part of the party. The food is AMAZING. We got the lowest level package of food and everyone was saying how it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. The Ranch also provides you with tables, chairs, linens, etc. They even have 3 flat screen tvs that can play a picture slideshow throughout the night. Chrissy Wolfman, the event coordinator, is a wonderful person to work with. Chrissy started working there after I signed the contract with the Ranch, so I also worked with the previous event coordinator who was wonderful as well. The Ranch really knows how to hire nice, responsible, caring people. There are also a LOT of great places at this venue to take beautiful pictures. I very highly recommend the Ranch Golf Club and think it was worth every penny!

Sent on 06/08/2011

Jennifer · Married on 03/26/2011

The Ranch is a beautiful place to have a wedding. The ceremony location as well as the reception hall, both overlook the hillside. We had a wonderful experience working with Chrissy at The Ranch. She was always available to answer all of our questions and if it wasn't for her, our wedding would not have turned out as wonderfully as it did. Chrissy and The Ranch are awesome and we hope to go back there soon! The tri-tip was delicious and was nicely portioned.

Sent on 04/03/2011

doug · Married on 09/10/2010

The Ranch was the perfect spot for our wedding reception. They were very accommodating with every request. The only thing that was missing were the TVs to play a video picture cd/dvd ... we tried any different options but couldn't get to play. Other than that, the space is very open, the view is great, the chairs are not old & tacky and Satra was a great wedding coordinator who was there during the event. We have already recommended this place to friends and others that were there are also looking into the venue for their own reception. The food was also very good (from the little I had) from what I am told.

No fuss, no hassles the best value in South San Jose.

Sent on 10/31/2010

Sam · Married on 08/15/2009

Excellent service. Our wedding ceremony and reception were went smoothly and exceeded our expectations. Our guests are happy too.
    Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/20/2009

Paul · Married on 08/08/2009

Satra was awesome!

Sent on 01/18/2010

Samantha · Married on 06/18/2016

NICOLE IS AWESOME!!! When we went to the ranch to look for our wedding venue I had a feeling it was going to be out of our price range! We had a large guest list (296 people), but not only were the able to accommodate, but we fell in love!!! The place is beautiful, the coordinator is awesome and the chef does amazing work!! We got so many compliments on the food (we had a taco bar)! They accommodated our want for the taco bar and went above and beyond to make our wedding day amazing. We had close to 250 guests attend (which was a little crowded for the room), but they made it work perfectly. Honestly the only complaint I had was for the bar tender, she was very rude to the guests and also pretty slow and selective for the people she helped. As the bride I never went up to the bar so it didn't bother me, but my guests didn't seem to like her very much!

Sent on 07/01/2016
  • Z

David · Married on 09/11/2010

The venue, cost, and value were great! Satra is the best coordinator ever! The only comments I've heard is that the serving staff wasn't too helpful. But other than that, The Ranch is the best place to have your wedding!

Sent on 09/26/2010

Jenny · Married on 06/26/2010

The Ranch was a beautiful location. Close to our home with a private close escape feel. It had a beautiful view of the bay area and is easy to get to. The food was fantastic! We could not stop talking about it after we had the tasting. We will be back there for dinner very soon. Another great aspect of the site is the decor. It is beautiful inside and is very clean. Also The Ranch offers chivari chairs as part of your package!!!
    Most of all, I enjoy our wedding coordinator. Satra is the perfect person to help support you on your wedding day as well as during your planning. She was extremely calming and responded quickly to all my emails and phone calls.
    I highly recommend The Ranch Golf Golf Course for any event.

Sent on 07/16/2010

Stacie · Married on 04/03/2010

The Ranch Golf Club is beautiful! Food is great, the scenery is beautiful! I appreciate their packages as well because it makes planning so much easier. It comes with everything you need! Food, drinks, appetizers, linen, chivari chairs, cake, etc. It was perfect!

Sent on 10/26/2010

Its beautiful place and they will try to work with what you can afford. They give you recommendations and what can be used.

Sent on 04/25/2016

Leyna · Married on 05/28/2010

We had our wedding here on 5.28.2010. Satra, and the whole ranch staff were great. Great food, great place, great service. Everyone had fun and I wish I could do it all over again. They took good care of our guests and my bridal party. Words can't express how impressed and at ease I was during my wedding because they were on top of everything. The venue and location of reception was breathtaking. I loved the view. Thank you so much...

Sent on 06/05/2010

Pam · Married on 12/31/2007

3.5

This was a beautiful venue for our daughter's wedding. Satra, the wedding coordinator was extremely helpful and provided exceptional service.

Sent on 11/23/2009

Diana · Married on 03/27/2010

The Ranch Golf Club was a beautiful wedding site and the pictures turned out beautifully. Satra was very attentive and helpful in planning the wedding. She was always friendly and quick to respond to any questions or requests that I had prior to the wedding. She was with us every step of the way, and oversaw everything on the day of the wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding coordinator!

Sent on 04/06/2010

Megan · Married on 03/20/2010

Satra was amazing! She was wonderful to work with and extremely professional!

Sent on 04/01/2010

Katherine · Married on 11/07/2009

Everything about the Ranch was great! My wedding went off without a hitch. In the beginning I was afraid when my sales person left without even a phone call but, Satra came in and always was responsive and helpful. The food was great and the staff excluding the one who kept coming up to me to remind me my time was going to be up, was also great. We kept the bartenders busy and they we friendly at all times. Price wise it was better then other places in the San Jose area. A cake from Jen's cake was included in the price. It was delicious! I was a Catering Manager for 6 years and I would highly recommend The Ranch for great service and quality.

Sent on 11/23/2009

Staci · Married on 06/06/2009

When we first booked The Ranch, Satra was the wedding coordinator which was a big reason why we ended up choosing The Ranch. Unfortuantely, during the planning process, Satra left The Ranch and we were forced to deal with two other different wedding coordinators as well as the horribly unorganized manager of the golf course. It was a horrible process but luckily Satra came back about a month before we were married. I have no doubt that the reason we were so happy with the outcome is because and only because of Satra.

Sent on 11/30/2009

Melissa · Married on 03/20/2010

3.5

Satra provided exceptional service and her abilty to remain calm and collected through the whole process was very helpful. We lucked out in March with 75 degree weather and all the trees and plants were in bloom, the Ranch looked great! Overall, Great Experience and my sister's wedding was beautiful!

Sent on 03/31/2010

Siew Hung · Married on 01/01/2010

4.2

We loved our wedding!!! It was definitely a romantic and lovely night! I usually do not write reviews for anything but I feel like I owe them at least a few words for the wonderful evening that we had at The Ranch. Despite what several friends and websites suggested about "their perfect vendors" we used all the recommended vendors from The Ranch and they were awesome. Together with our wedding coordinator (Satra) and florist (Nicole), our night would not be possible without them. Additionally Elite Entertainment did an excellent job DJ'ing. Satra was so patient and easy to work with but also kept a tight ship when it came to the flow of the night. Nicole made brilliant and beautiful suggestions for decor which we took. Her flower and table arrangements made everyone comment about and even two of my friends who are wedding coordinators are going to add her to their list of vendors. A few of people from our wedding party were thinking to either have their wedding at The Ranch. We loved every single minute of our time that night. Without the staff at The Ranch, we wouldn't have made it!!! Kudos...

Sent on 01/07/2010

3.0

I had my ceremony and reception at The Ranch and all my guests raved about how beautiful it was. It has a beautiful backdrop, the reception area is already beautiful so you don't have to decorate it that much, and the staff were helpful. The only gripe I have is that the wedding coordinators were new and didn't really seem as experienced so we felt like we really had to take over and make sure everything went smoothly. They were very nice, but felt they weren't as knowledgable about everything. If I could do it all over again, I would still have my wedding at The Ranch, but would hire a day of coordinator instead.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Kim · Married on 06/03/2011

3.5

Chrissy the coordinator did an amazing job and made sure my wedding and reception were more beautiful than I ever dreamed. The only reason I dropped the stars a bit is the owner of The Ranch was extremely rude the one time I talked with her, and when she got involved in anything it became much more challenging. But Chrissy definitely made up for it.

Sent on 07/14/2011

robert · Married on 09/26/2009

2.4
      2.5
      2.5
      3.0

the food was cold and still a littlr frozen. i could of served better food from a lunch truck. was hard to deal with in the beginning.

Sent on 11/25/2009

Geraldine · Married on 08/20/2016

2.4
      1.0
      2.0
      1.5

This venue is by far gorgeous! The food provided was delicious!

Here's where the venue went DOWN HILL for me:

After the ceremony, I realized our gift card box was gone and was not in the foyer where it was originally placed. I figured the staff moved it, NOPE. Towards the end of our reception, I found some of our wedding card gifts on our sweetheart table which I thought was kind of odd but figured it was gifts given to us directly throughout the night. It wasn't until after the reception my husband, my family, my bridesmaids, and I all went looking for the box but it was NO WHERE to be found. I figured it was placed inside the wedding coordinator's office and figured I'd get it the next day.

I returned the next day to pick up all our things and still could not find our wedding gift card box or any of the envelopes that were inside. I called the wedding coordinator who THEN informed me that she did see the wedding gift box go missing after the ceremony but did not tell anyone. She then guaranteed me that none of her staff moved it or touched it. I decided to go walk around the venue to see if maybe I could locate the box. In the foyer, I located our wedding gift card box on a random table, opened, with no envelopes inside. I called the wedding coordinator who then informed me she did not know anything about it and there was nothing they could do.

A few days after our wedding, I was asked by our guests if we had received their gifts. I was COMPLETELY embarrassed to tell them their generous gift was STOLEN from our wedding venue and the venue informed me there was NOTHING they could do. They didn't even offer to look, or ask their staff because they GUARANTEED me their staff did not take it.

I was EXTREMELY disappointed in the handling of this unfortunate event and the lack of professionalism demonstrated by the wedding coordinator.

Sent on 09/04/2016

Jackie · Married on 06/01/2014

1.6
      2.0
      1.5

I had my Sunday afternoon wedding ceremony at the Ranch. Shortly after we signed our contract, I began to regret my decision: I signed a credit card authorization form for our deposit of $500, then I checked my statement & saw that they actually charged me DOUBLE.

Not only is this illegal, Amanda was completely unresponsive for days. My wedding coordinator & I both contacted her via email & phone several times. It took a week before she indirectly told us we'd been refunded (no apology whatsoever). She even responded to other questions without addressing the issue!

There wasn't much we could do, so we just got over it. Then, on the day of:

1. The bridal suite had very dirty carpet. Not the best thing when you have an expensive dress with a long train that needs to be photographed.
    2. The chalkboard in the bridal suite had ANOTHER COUPLE'S NAME ON IT from the prior day's wedding. Way to make us feel special.
    3. The bridal suite had no dedicated restroom. We had to cross over the courtyard and use the restroom in the main building where all of our guests were.
    4. My photographer told me the day of that bridal parties were no longer allowed to use the public patio at Hassler & Silver Creek Valley Rd for photos. (I forget the reason, though this area may or may not belong to the Golf Club.) As a result, the only place we could take pre-ceremony photos was in the courtyard or in front of the parking lot, where all our guests were gawking & passing by to get to the ceremony.
    5. We were shooed off the 18th hole (where we were told we COULD take photos) by golfers passing through. We literally had <5 minutes there before we had to leave.

Overall, while we had a great ceremony, very little of that was thanks to the Ranch. We did successfully get married. However, it fell far below our expectations for the price paid.

Finally, despite our repeated requests, Amanda NEVER used "reply all" in her email communication w me and my coordinator. Very frustrating.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Amy · Married on 09/15/2017

0.4
      0.5

This venue is gorgeous, no doubt, but the company that runs this venue is an absolute nightmare. I went through 3 coordinators in 7 months and all the rules changed each time, the information I had previously provided each time had magically disappeared, we were not offered any discount or apologies for any of the countless hours and time we had to put into tracking down someone to talk to and help us each time. If you use this venue, you absolutely MUST have a coordinator that you hire separately. Their staff is incompetent, unprofessional and unreliable. My wedding planning experience was dreadful because of this place.

Sent on 10/16/2017

0.4
      0.0

Their customer service is poor to nonexistent! I was switched from four different coordinators and kept having to repeat myself because there was no proper recordkeeping. Food was not as good as it was during the tasting. The filet mignon was tasteless and the sides I loved during the tasting were changed to something else entirely without my knowledge. There was a hair in one of my guest's salad and was told there was no more salad in the kitchen left to replace it! Ridiculous!!! Cake topper was thrown away too. Poor customer service. I expect more when I spend 35k on a venue.
    I left some stuff in their locked dressing room. On Tuesday when I came to pick up my stuff, my bag with my gold necklace was gone! Someone had stolen or thrown it away. I was referred to Kristy Parks the general manager. She said she would call me back after investigating. Two weeks later I had to call HER back. She promised to call me back again. One month later I still had not heard from her and her voicemail box was full. I emailed my wedding coordinator to find out my coordinator was again replaced by someone new! After this I emailed back and forth with this person. Kristy Parks never called me again or apologized. They insinuated that someone in my party had stolen it and that they were not responsible. I have been waiting for the contact info for Kristy's boss to file a formal complaint against her but no one seems to have that number. All I wanted was to feel like someone there cared. Maybe offer a free lunch or a free golf game just to make up for my inconvenience. But I was treated like crap and felt like I was some cheap beggar who wanted to make a quick buck. After they took my money, they didn't care at all that an item of mine was stolen or thrown away. No one else had access to that room but them. For the money that I spent I was treated so poorly. Disgusted and utterly disappointed at the staff at this beautiful venue.

Sent on 02/04/2013